What is the best time loop story?

What is the best time loop story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yD76vWIBHNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Edge of Tomorrow

Tatami Galaxy > Groundhog Day > Steins;Gate (+Zero) > Muv-Luv > Umineko > Madoka > All You Need is Kill > Higurashi > Re:Zero >>> Endless 8

inb4 unremarkable Beautiful Dreamer webms

kek, you are one salty idiot.

none
also where is keitai?

STRIKE UP THE MUSIC, THE BAND HAS BEGUN

BOM BOM BOM BOM

THE PENNSYLVANIA POLKA!

All you need is kill was a good book.

I completely agree.

Qualia the purple was so cool. Anime when.

Umineko isn't really a time lopp though.

Tripfag moron.

Why do you rate Groundhog Day so high?
I don't see how you could prefer it to much else on the chart. I found the movie pretty mediocre.

neither is Tatami Galaxy, but they seem like one for most of it

What is madoka?

That's because you're a shitter with the sense of humor of a 10 year old.

きっと、澄みわたる朝色よりも、

The Dreizhen sub-plot of Fafner: Exodus.

LB

Switch Madoka with Higurashi, and switch S;G with Muv-Luv

But which one is the worst?
I vote for Endless Eight.

I don't think anyone disagrees that it was Endless 8.

Can you Sup Forums tards ever give a real explanation? Seems like you don't actually have one and are just riding on nostalgia.

Sad how barely anyone on Sup Forums watched Beautiful Dreamer.

youtube.com/watch?v=yD76vWIBHNQ

Not the best but worth mentioning.
Didn't watch groundhog but i agree on most of those.

>Hasn't watched Groundhog Day
Get on that shit, nigga.

those 2 eps of jinrui the payoff was worth it

Space Dandy had a really good one, too. Made a super meaningful and mellow time loop episode just to set up a punchline about NEETs.

I just started the TV series, when can/should i watch it?

Around episode 100 to 106, if we go by release date. But really, once Ryuunosuke gets introduced, you can watch BD.

Whats the one next to Zero Maria?Index?

>ehh uhhrrgghh *groan* 3D!!! ewww!!

Primer is much better than Groundhog Day.

Giving how popular time loop or time travel stories are becoming in anime lately, when are we getting an adaptation of pic related? I think it'd be amazing if handled correctly. I'm not shitting you but I think Kyoani could really work wonders with A Distant Neighbourhood.

All You Need Is Kill.

>Bite za dusto
>Time loop
The only reasons it appears as so is because Hayato is a /r9k/ piece of shit that is unable to conceal the identity of his watermelon dad for more than a hour.

>tfw you'll never play Muv Luv for the first time again

Feels bad man

1.) I've only seen the first few episodes of Urusei Yatsura, is that enough to watch Beautiful Dreamer? Is it a standalone film?

2.) What's the one in the top left?

Tarisa best girl, followed by Stella.

Muv-Luv is incredibly shitty. I'd say it's worse than Endless 8 if only for the fact that Endless 8 is just boring while Muv-Luv goes out of its way to be fucking terrible AND it has one of the worst protags ever conceived.

Higurashi starts out well but after chapter 6, everything goes to complete shit.

Madoka didn't really have the time loop as part of the forefront. It was an incredibly important part of the show, but it took a backseat compared to other elements.

Groundhog Day and Edge of Tomorrow were both great movies. I'm glad I'm old enough to have seen Groundhog Day when it was still new and went into it unspoiled. Same with Edge of Tomorrow, I went into it completely blind, expecting another so-so Tom Cruise sci-fi action movie and was very pleasantly surprised.

I found Tatami Galaxy to be extremely boring and repetitive. I couldn't force myself to finish the whole thing.

Steins;Gate was decent, but far from great. Read the VN first. Watched the anime when it aired and found the VN to be much better. Haven't touched Zero yet.

Re Zero is extremely overrated. The show oscillates between mediocre and average for most of its run. I will, however, say that episode 15 was a absolutely glorious. It certainly didn't make up for the rest of show, but it was a brilliantly done episode.

Tried reading Umineko but it gave off the same feeling that the ending of Higurashi gave off. Also felt like the action/events happened off-screen and you just stumbled through the aftermaths, which was super shitty.

Re:zero

What is the black-and-white top row far left?

>Muv-Luv goes out of its way to be fucking terrible AND it has one of the worst protags ever conceived.
What the fuck? How do you even form an opinion this shitty?

Someone needs to add Mazinger ZERO to that list.

This thread.

Playing Alternative for the first time was like getting punched in the dick over and over again.

Have you even read Extra and Unlimited? Or what about the fact that Takeru never grows as a character throughout the story? Or the asspull happy ending?

What's that first one with the electric chair?

>Or what about the fact that Takeru never grows as a character throughout the story?
We're one day into the year, and you've already made what will be one of the dumbest posts of 2017.

Congratulations.

So you're just retarded. That answers my question I guess.

hakomari, mainly cause its the only one I've read

>you'll never get back the time you spent playing Muv Luv
Feels bad man

Best time loop.

There was a french movie adapting the story. Taniguchi said he didn't want a japanese adaptation because it would just be the exact same thing as the manga and he liked the idea of putting it in a different country instead.

It looks pretty awful from the trailer but it is nice knowing that Taniguchi is appreciated on Sup Forums.

>Oh hey, I have the continued existence of humanity at the mercy of the decisions I make
>no wait, the survival of humanity across two different realities
>should I man up and make a choice that would allow my species to continue living?
>nah fuck that, I don't want to sacrifice the lives of soldiers because they're my friends
>even though there's billions of lives riding on my decision

Face it, at the bottom of that hive Takeru was the still the same childish, immature, spoiled brat he was when he woke up with Meiya in his bed at the start of Extra.

Yeah. Don't know why it's there though. Not really a time loop. More like a test of pure willpower.

Groundhog Day and it's not close.

I agree with you 100%. No matter what these retarded faggots think, Muv Luv is a 5/10 at best.

>Tatami Galaxy at the top
>Umineko even counting as a "time loop", and better than Higurashi no less
List instantly discarded.

>Punchline not on the list

Punchline is better than 70% of those listed.

I dunno man, it's probably just not your cup of tea, the general opinion about that movie is that the way the MC goes insane from being trapped in the same day is really well written, and the way he eventually copes with it and decides to do as much as he can is really well done too, plus it was kind of a curse/spell so he could find love, it's....good, the idea is good and the execution is better, it's a dark plot written as a comedy which in essence is what drama is about, so it's good. Again, if you didn't like it that's that, but you could try watching it again with a clear mind about it and you may end up liking it.

Gotta agree with this.

Blazblue Calamity Trigger

>having shit taste

> I found Tatami Galaxy to be extremely boring and repetitive. I couldn't force myself to finish the whole thing.
> Missing the entire point by not watching the ending

I'm not really a movie person, it's hard for me to get into them but it usually ends up in me enjoying it.
I'd do the same if i was him, although i think Kira would rather not touch Kosaku's wife and kill other woman. But that's just my retarded headcanon.

>forcing yourself to suffer through awful "entertainment" for the sake of a good ending

That's like saying the entirety of Code Geass is great because of how amazing the ending is.

>putting all you need is kill under meguka

Tsumihoroboshi onward makes for an absolutely fantastic twist upon the formula. Fuck off.

It's art. Unlike your animated cartoons.

Live Action The Girl Who Leapt Trough Time > Animated the Girl Who Leapt Through Time

I love the Uchikoshi games, but the only things I remember from Punchline are the OP and the obligatory robot girl.

Are you so autistic you can't understand why Takeru would hesitate before pulling the trigger on his comrades? Like pretty much any human being?
That kind of thing is common among any war story.

yuru yuri

>Tatami Galaxy first
Not in this loop

>Also felt like the action/events happened off-screen and you just stumbled through the aftermaths, which was super shitty.
You mean, like a mystery?

He memorizes everything about everyone in the entire town and doesn't waste a minute in saving lives and helping people out. Also he gets the girl, but the day doesn't reset so that's like a bonus. He must've had to go through a hundred loops.

Because it reminds me of myself.

Been a while, but from what I remember he flat out refuses, Meiya and Sumika call him out on his bullshit and tell him the rest of the girls blew themselves up already, Sumika forces Takeru to eject and Meiya blows herself up. Again, against Takeru's will. Because he was entirely unwilling to do so. The choice is between "sacrifice your friends and everyone else lives" or "don't sacrifice your friends and everyone, including the friends you don't want to sacrifice, dies". Everyone being every human being.

(checked)
You mean thousands, if not tens of thousands?

Higurashi was also a mystery, yet you generally were part of the events happening. And it wasn't really set up like a detective novel either. Strongly disliked it.

Zelda: Majora's Mask of course.

>blows herself up
What? Doesn't he go through a big emotional talk, see Meiya start to get raped. Then Meiya begs him to stop them defiling her and then he decides to shoot?
It kind of mirrors the Rei thing in Evangelion.
And then of course he ejects afterwards.

I mean, he had to shoot the laser through her to get to the BETA monster.

For the millionth time NT9 isn't a time loop

Don't remember the exact details, but I remember being incredibly frustrated that the story culminated with Takeru not manning up.

There's a let's play on jewtube, gonna rewatch it.

You experienced age regression?

Divine Cybermancy

Yes. This was the best time loop ep of all Sci-fi. Did Teal'c every destroy that door?

Little glimpses in the near future, as if I am reliving this life and remember traces of it making them appear like future events while they aren't, at least not for the original me.

>He said on Sup Forums

shit bait

>deja vu
Everyone gets that you dip.

>Takeru realizes everyone else is dead and that Meiya and co knew that they had to keep it from him because he's a little bitch
>Meiya does the only thing she's good at: self sacrifice
>Takeru absolutely doesn't want her to do it
>Takeru even admits that he's a coward and wants nothing more than to run away
>Takeru admits he's a selfish prick
>Takeru says he realizes he has to change
>AND THEN HE SAYS DO-OVER TIME SO I CAN SAVE EVERYONE

God fucking damnit why did I go through this shit again. Fuck I hate that character.

>Meiya's dying and her mech is destroyed
>Meiya's keeps begging Takeru to shoot the big god damn ray of hope in order to save humanity
>Meiya's getting tentacle raped
>Meiya's still begging him to save humanity
>he waits until she's almost completely gone to pull the trigger

Well shit, looks like he does do it once he's out of options and once Meiya's seconds from dying/having her mind taken over. Mostly correct.

Still fucking awful. To be honest, if it hadn't been for the whole Shirogane-san part and the big god damn ray of hope, I think the trilogy would get a lot less praise.

>reminding about her death

It's not deja vu, sometimes I know exactly what will happen in ten minutes.

So you finished maybe 10% of them and you think your opinion is valid.

I'm not expecting you to finish the 45 hours that is umineko, but if you can't even finish Tatami Galaxy I don't know what to say. I'm almost surprised you didn't drop the movies halfway through too.

Finished 10% of what? The total play/run time of what I listed? The only ones on that list I didn't finish were Tatami Galaxy and Umineko.

>can't form an opinion on something you haven't finished

Well look here girl, you can't come to the cops for rape if the guy didn't ejaculate in you. He didn't finish so you can't say it was against your will or that you didn't like it.

>>can't form an opinion on something you haven't finished

Oh hey you didn't finish eating the entire turd. You don't get to have an opinion on how it tastes.

What are you crying about? We're only halfway through sawing off your arm, you're in no position to say that you're not liking it since we're not done yet.

Oh boy, you didn't watch every episode of Endless 8? How can you even form an opinion on how bad it was?

That's how dumb you sound.

People who make a huge effort to reply to every single post criticizing them are so irritating.

>He's not a stone cold psychopath with no emotions like me, so he didn't develop as a character at all even though Unlimited is purely devoted to his growth and development as a character and he develops further throughout Alternative.
>The ultimate climax of the series should have zero emotion and just be Takeru pulling the trigger and executing Meiya with zero remorse because I'm a teenager who doesn't value drama or emotion in storyteling
If you wanted to accuse the scene of being overblown and melodramtic, that would be one thing, but you seem to have a fundamental issue with the protagonist experiencing qualms about killing one of his closest friends and valuing the lives of his comrades over vague and broad goals like saving humanity. You're a fucking faggot.

Is groundhogs day movie actually that good, or are people memeing?

The movie was pretty boring/shit from what I remember.

Do you even like anime? The only thing you praised were the 2 movies.