Haibane Renmei

Did you f/a/gs enjoy this anime?
Is there any more to this universe at all, or is this anime it?

Also, early 00's anime thread?

and you don't seem to understand...

Angel Beats did it better

>angel Beats did it better
yeah, 8 years later.

Which haibane would you fuck?

Lain > Haibane > Tex

>anyone but Raka

maybe reki if Raka was off limits

I'm watchig it right now and it seems to be maximum over comfy, but I don't really get it b cause I am mildl;y drunk. I'm also cryinh s lot thyhouh I don;t knof wif that is normal

Its definitely comfy as fug. It's a relax and feel type of anime.

Haibane Renmei is great.

Go watch Kurenai now, if you want a short series. Not about angels though

>Kure-nai
I actually planned on watching that next. Eerie.

Thanks for the confirmation though, user

I was surprised when I found out they were all girls. And just a little bit aroused

Thanks for the new Phone pape

There's something comfy as fuck about early 00's anime

Oh god fuck off cancer.

Good taste.

Please do not be rude on a blue board, it is bad and wrong.

Too much focus on worldbuilding.

Fuck off, newfag.

It is.
In fact, I'm watching this extremely terrible battle harem from 2003 called Lime-iro Senkitan. It's complete garbage in every regard, but also strangely nostalgic in a way and I can't stop watching it.

Please just fuck off.

Why though?

Bait needs to be more subtle than that to work properly.

Congrats on finishing one of the very few anime that is something more than utter trash, now almost everything else will appear to be shit.

Preferring a half-baked highscool melodrama that desperately tries its best to please everyone over a uniquely sincere and powerfully introspective masterpiece, you'll grow up one day (obvious bait but I don't care)

Haibane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lain = Tex (I don't give a poop about those two to be honest with you)

No, exactly the right amount of worldbuilding. It never gets overly detailed for the sake of being detailed while being vague and mysterious enough to keep the viewer interested. Everything that's presented to us is used to good effect and gets colorized by the characters the show focuses upon.
Character development and worldbuilding go hand in hand in this anime, even causing the setting itself to feel like a character on its own.

>Is there any more to this universe at all, or is this anime it?
Just read the End of the World parts from Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami

You know, it already pisses me off if a single episode is based entirely around a simple misunderstanding that could get cleared up in under a minute, but AN ENTIRE SERIES WITH THAT PREMISE?
WHY?

Lain = Haibane = Tex = Despera

They're all best.

I Thought that was just part of the inspiration, was it actually the backstory?

Reki, Kuu, Kanna.
In this order.

>Congrats on finishing one of the very few anime that is something more than utter trash
Why are you even on this board?

Last time I visited one of these threads we're still "finding" new things, like why the abandoned factories were there.

I liked haibane a lot
It was pretty cozy but I know some get turned off by things not being perfectly clear

>things not being perfectly clear
And this is why it's so good. We understand everything that we need to appreciate the story and character grow. Flip Flappers is the last example of why could be bad explain more than necessary.

I picture Reki being into gentle femdom.

but with lots of cuddles when she's feeling sad.

They don't make art this comfy and classy anymore.

I thought it was pretty good up until the last couple episodes.
The sudden dramatic mood shit kinda killed my interest.

Sudden? There is nothing sudden at all about the drama.
Even the SoL moments of the early episodes are full of foreshadowing, the situation the characters find themselves in, the setting the story takes place in all hint at something dramatic and right from the first episode.

The thing with Haibane Renmei is that it had the right focus for a 13 episode series (unlike almost every other mini-series), it always tried to be a very internal and introspective experience without being too obvious about it (despite the fact that the two main character and their thematically sound relationship is the obvious focus of the show). It's the kind of story that slips into your skin without you necessarily realizing it. And I absolutely love the fact that the climax of the show takes place in a small room and only directly involves the two main characters, it's far more impactful than any well-animated fighting scenes you would've gotten in your average fantasy anime and it makes any negative criticism towards the setting being "unexplored" and the supporting cast being "useless" (they are clueless, not useless) moot.

This show is just intimate fantasy perfectly done, that's all. And by far one of the best works in the medium.

"sudden" may not be the right word, rather the quick tone shift in general just killed my interest.
For the majority of the show, you explore the melancholic world of Haibane at a leisurely pace, and then you get smacked in the face with Reki's stubbornness for a couple episodes.
Honestly it just really kills the mood when you have such a large narrative shift, especially when its the climax of the show.

>Despera
Does that still even have a chance of existing?

Reki's stubbornness is the very reason why she is in Glie in the first place.

Rakka's Arc is also a miniature version of Reki's.