Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Today we will continue Duelist Kingdom in Volume 14.

Chapter 115

why a chicken? happy new year op

I think it's supposed to be a Rooster, since it's the year of the rooster in chinese zodiac.

Chapter 116

I think the 2 semifinals game are my favourite frim this arc, because they contain the least amount of bullshit

Chapter 117

oh , Mai this isn't even the worst situation he was in in last 2 days: Kaiba duel was way worse

HOW DOES THIS EVEN WORKS?

oh wait I'm stupid, turtle was an effect moster

I get not one, but TWO artists drawing New Year stuff? This is the best new year so far.

Chapter 118

and so Ritual cards were born

Chaos Soldier was super hype. I'm glad the new Ritual in the movie keeps the tradition of KAOSU

The first ever Ritual Monster

Chapter 119

>Not bringing back catapult turtle and just winning.
As expected of Mai

Have to step out again, should be back within an hour or so. Keep the thread alive please.

That movie was a failure in japan kek

>"You're thinking about someone else while you're dueling me?"

Your bondage queen is displeased, Yugi.

>That movie was a failure in japan kek
>Still airing nine months after it premiered
???

But that was on Yugi's side of the field! That makes no sense!

The owner takes the damage. In fact, most cards seem to base their effects on the owner, not the controller.

>"Don't let those sleazy harpies have their way with you."

kek

Is the new movie about the original Yugi? Any main villain from the manga series there? I mean that evil white hair boy senpai.

If she did that, the only monster she could launch is Harpy Lady Sisters, which would take the rest of her life points along with Yugi's.

Yes and yes.

>it's a 'Yugi has a card that was never mentioned before' episode

Where does he get all of these cards? Did he do some trading off-screen on the boat and just never use them before now?

I presume it's because his grampa owns a gameshop & thus he gets easy access to rares.

I love how everyone shits on Yugi for playing Kuriboh.

Maybe he should drop all the silver wolfs and beaver warriors out of his deck then

>Harpie Ladies looking at Mai

I wonder if there was a version of Mai in Egypt.

>that title
you guys have ruined me

Yes it is about the original series. I have no idea who are you talking about in the second part. Malik? He is blonde retard.

So Mai is a trap? I never realized that when reading the manga

2017 is the year of the rooster

Alright let's continue

Waiting for some machine slots action.

>goes to the finals without dueling
>jobs to Yugi

I don't think Keith thought this out very well.

Yeah but even if he jobs to Yugi she still gets the cashola. Although Keith wasn't to go after PEgasus for beating him previously but he has the wrong card.

>"That kid who basically beat me in a duel before ran away because he knows he couldn't beat me in a duel."

These mental gymnastics.

Mai is so cool.

Why is Jounouchi so great?

Chapter 120