Yandere

How come this archetype is extremely popular with normies yet Sup Forumsnons tend to dislike it and prefer tsundere and kuudere?

Other urls found in this thread:

thetaoofgender.blogspot.de/2006/12/i-write-on-male-and-female-behavior.html
g.e-hentai.org/g/940954/e0e4cc065f/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>normies

Yandere is what we perceive a normie girl as.

are you mentally handicapped?

Yandere doesn't really change from character to character.

>popular with normies

I've seen 840 anime. I'm more a weeb than normie but love yandere more than the others.

tsundere is cute and lovely though.
kuudere is boring.
yandere is exaggeration.

>normies
I'm a pathetic piece of shit and the exact opposite of a normie and yandere is my favourite archetype.

Kuuderes are boring if you aren't their love interest.

I had a friend who's gf was pretty much textbook Kuudere. She didn't say a word to anyone on their first date, and she would barely talk to us(his friends) even after a month of them dating. He insists she talks a lot, but only when they're alone.

Some guys just have a thing for overly shy girls.

Yuno is best girl

I can see where he is coming from. At least it's more normie girl than tsundere. Sup Forums likes the kind of girls which is a dying out breed, which is close to extinction. And what's left is brainwashed bitches who wants to rule the world with masculine power. All the while their femineity is dying.

Humanity has an identity crisis. What is a man what is a woman?

Tbh all girls are probably considered yandere in an exaggerated sense of protecting their lover to the point of killing others with no fucks to give. Still my favorite of the 3 though

>normies
I think you have them reversed

But they don't want to rule the world, that's the joke. That was your parents' generation. This generation is consumers first and women or men second.

People who aren't desensitized to violence find yanderes intriguing. They ignore that the author uses violence to divert attention from his inability to showcase character development.

Living the life.

I bet she has compulsive book reading disorder, too.

Maybe not all want to rule the world. But I find many too "yang" for my taste.

thetaoofgender.blogspot.de/2006/12/i-write-on-male-and-female-behavior.html

Maybe it's the "asshole men's" fault that women are nowadays like this, but it is not solved by the female behaving like "asshole men", too.

Otaku are afraid of women. In other breaking news, water is wet.

What makes a good yandere?
What makes a good tsundere?
What makes a good kuudere?

Sup Forumsnons still have a hardon for lolidom which is a large subset of yandere but for the most part it's a simple genre fatigue backlash against edge that cycles around every 15 years or so.

>normalfags who use the word normies to feel like special snowflake

No.

I like the lesbian yandere pedo in Happy Sugar Life.

I thought normies hated stalkers and clingy.

Mainly, personal preference.
Also a consistent or - for yandere - an inconsistent character

Why do you people say normies?

Its normalfags.

>FAGS IS TOO OFFENSIVE DON'T WANT TO MAKE THE LGBT COMMUNITY MAD LOL

Brevity

They aren't
Tsundere is still the most popular dere despite being shit and done to death at this point

And you can't really wright yans into generic battleharemisekai shit (aka 90% of the market) so they see almost no screentime these days.
They also don't appeal to Japanse men because they are all beta orbitors

fag

What my Laconic friend and neighbor is trying to say is the following. We had two rounds of public discussion pertaining the use of the words normie and normalfags. After weighting the pros and cons of using both words, normie turned out to be favorised, although by a narrow margin. Also, a total of three frogs, of the species (spc. vatrachos coinos) were thrown at one of the orators during the second day, and the craftsman responsible for throwing the frogs has been tied to the pillar of shame for the remainder of the evening.

Yandere is best dere. But almost no anime has them.

"Normie" is a word used by people Sup Forums considers far closer to real "normies" than themselves, I.e it is a false poser faggot word and you are not a real Sup Forums user if you say that. Sup Forums isn't persecuting you because you're too abnormal for them, but bevause you use a word indicating you are too normal for them. You ARE a normie if you even used that word, which is a bastardized version tweaked to be usavle around actual normalfags. The original and real term in the Sup Forums context is normalfag. "Normie" is the fucking whitewashed/SJW-approved version because the "fag" part is offensive to them and they want to be able to drop this term on places like Reddit, Facebook and twitter - which are pretty much the textbook definition of normalfag dens - without fear of getting reprimanded. Which defeats the whole fucking point.

If you are being careful to "fit in" on various shitty normalfag websites, you are actually as normalfag as they fucking come and just have some fucking ludicrous idea in your head that you're not. It's the same as these "omg I'm such a nerrrd XD" shitheads on those same sites only here it's "omg I'm such a weird unique person XD". In summation shut up OP because you clearly have no idea what you're dealing with and /r9k/'s whiny emo shit is not what Sup Forums is about.

>Sup Forumsnons tend to dislike it
What do you mean? Plenty of anons like them, it's just they're less prominent and usually not taken as seriously as love interests. Tsundere and kuudere are generally stable while yandere is wildcards by definition. I'm fond of them but you're not going to get much.

The definition of 'normalfag' can depend on the one using it but normalfags don't 'love' characters the same way as Sup Forums. Many of those fans of yandere are girls who self-identify as, like, totally cute and unstable, teehee~ You know, the reason Harley Quinn is popular.

Yandere is just popular among extremely chuuni edgelords and is a shared interest between both males and females for different reasons.

The most cringeworthy boys and girls you'll ever meet all love Yuno Gasai.

Holy shit, women can be assholes too?

I never knew that before

thank you

Roasties getting toasty, I didnt read your essay.

The answer is always love.

Thanks for clearing that up for him

cuz yandere is edgy as fuck.

This may have been the case back in 2006 but not so sure anymore.
At least i don't think that nowadays that people who like Yanderes like them because they are "le so quicky edgy".
I think it's more of the aspect of them being extreamly loyal to a single person while also being needy but not in a way that makes them seem helpless or incompetent.

So in short, it's the "strong" mentality that i think people like

Is there any yandere that isn't stereotypical or violent? It's a nice archetype but it's never performed well.

The White Queen, if you're willing to read a LN. The first half of the first volume is a slog until she arrives though.

Best yandere.
g.e-hentai.org/g/940954/e0e4cc065f/

Maybe. I don't know about anyone else but I like them for those reason you listed. And also because they're fun.

Why do some groups of people like certain things more while some other groups of people like some other things more, even though I have nothing beyond anecdotal evidences to show there is even such a pattern?

>I think it's more of the aspect of them being extreamly loyal to a single person while also being needy but not in a way that makes them seem helpless or incompetent.

There are very few girls in anime that are helpless or incompetent. In fact I'd reckon that even most deredere's would give that same strong/loyal vibe.

Rather, I think that in addition to the blood/guro fetish yanderes appeal to those people who think that jealousy is cute, or who want the challenge of intellectually wrangling someone who is emotionally and physically stronger than them, i.e. topping from the bottom.

I believe that a few of them get quietly folded into kuuderes. Violence is the key maker.

How "stereotypically violent" are we talking about here?
Albedo from Overlord is a cunt to almost everyone that that as much as breath the wrong way in front of the MC but she has never killed anyone

>In fact I'd reckon that even most deredere's would give that same strong/loyal vibe.
That's simply not ture.
Even the MC in anime has a problem being too pussifyed most of the time.
Im gonna use Hinata from Naruto as an example.

Even if she is very committed to him she still isn't in a state where she would physically harm someone or come up with schemes to stay near him.
Furthermore she is very weak mentally.
She doesn't have the assertiveness that is common in yandere.
The whole point of yanderes is them being overly committed to someone

The thing about jealousy being cute or topping form bottom i can buy tho

fucking shit.

Yandere is easiest wish fulfillment. Imagine a girl that loves only you. Unconditionally. And she's crazy too, so you don't have to worry about it being too unrealistic because a 10 suddenly likes you.

No idea about its popularity with normals but as for why the community has less exposure to it, it's because yandere is harder to do well.

It doesn't lend itself to a cookie-cutter design in the same way as tsundere or kuudere because unlike those two the archetype is goal-driven and therefore there needs to be a reasoning behind it. To get that done, you need to give the writers more autonomy than the soulless money-grubbing businessmen who call the shots in a studio are usually willing to give.

>Imagine a girl that loves only you
That's literally the case for every girl in a every series targeted at a male audience.

'Having to choose between two suitors' is (mostly) a western setup than the Japanese don't like very much. Some shoujo/josei series go that way but it's uncommon.

>Im gonna use Hinata from Naruto as an example.
Realize that Naruto girls are underpowered as fuck, and underutilized on top of that.

>Even if she is very committed to him she still isn't in a state where she would physically harm someone or come up with schemes to stay near him.
But there are deredere girls that do, although the physical harm is uncommon. Scheming for dates or alone time is very common however.
>Furthermore she is very weak mentally.
Somewhat arguable in Hinata's case but I will still point to Kishimoto's writing. Many derederes are genki or super positive and have strong, if delusional, mental outlooks.
>She doesn't have the assertiveness that is common in yandere.
That goes with her specific character. Other derederes are quite forward either vocally or with body language. Unless by assertive you mean controlling, and that happens occasionally, although usually it's because the girl is oblivious about how domineering she is, or it's nesting milf mode kicking in.

I don't really get the appeal.
A yandere is perfect for beta's, considering they're girls so obsessed with the objects of their desire that they're willing to kill. Tsundere's on the other hand have a wall of fucking hatred protecting a tiny core of slight affection.

Why do Japanese men love girls that constantly shout at, kick and punch the MC for no real reason? I think one of the main factors that makes Monster Musume the best recent harem is the absence of a tsundere (maybe Cathyl fits the bill, but that's moot because she's not part of the main harem).

If it was easy, there would be more yandere main heroines. I'd argue it's harder to construct a romance from the concept. Having a girl who dislikes you/is cold to you/in denial of her feelings warm up to you is much more typical.

The easiest wish fulfillment would be more like feeling there is no growth on the part of the protagonist. It doesn't matter what archetype the girl is. But even that can be considered wish fulfillment because it's fantasy, so wish fulfillment is not something to worry about.

This is why only classic tsundere should be allowed. Once the ice cracks it's so worth the effort.

We could use Sakura form F/SN if that helpped.
She gives off Yandere-esq vibs too near the end of HF but you almost never hear that because she reaches that point by being mindbroken and just generally not strongwilled.
Where as other yans like OPs pic related, snaps and takes controle of everything.

Please give me an example of the deredere you are refering to because i can not for the life of me think of any deredere that is in any way assertive in anything they do, let alone controlling.
It contradicts their whole dere type

Also i think you are mixing Kamidere and Genki up dude

But japs don't like yans?
That's the whole point of the thread

Yes it's easy to lay yanderes in that category but fact of the matter is that most betalords would rather have a tsun or the "perfect wife" arcetype then a yan.

Why, i don't know

Opposites attract

How does 'deredere' mean unassertive? All it means is lovey dovey.

They're newfag crossboaders from Sup Forums and Sup Forums who use lingo from their homeboard

/jp/spies would use it ironically. Once again, the dangers of post-irony.

Do not stick your dick in crazy.
I repeat.
Do not stick even your imaginary dick in crazy.

If you don't stick your dick in crazy, crazy is going to stick something in you.

>fisting, not even once

Some would say courage is just insanity by another name. Have the courage (insanity) to stick your dick in crazy.

Having a personality in addition to the archetype.
Sadly, this almost never happens.
I still like "empty" tsunderes though.

sniff

the issue is, yanderes are almost always faithful to their man (the reason why they do all the fucked up stuff)

they just aren't as cute as a tsundere or a cuudere because they can hurt you

You are cherrypicking extremely shy examples and complaining that they are extremely shy.

>What is a man what is a woman?
The whole cis/transgender issue is too convoluted for me, but I sort of approve of movements which try to challenge the concept of fixed gender roles. I wrote "sort of" because more often than not they devolve into another version of "if you want to be a real man/woman you must do this" which is a 180° turn from what they were originally advocating, that is "just be yourself".

Yuno is a terrible yandere, yet she popularized it. She killed the archetype.

>Imagine a girl that loves you
I can read shit with magic and superpowers and whatnot, but this is just such a huge departure from reality that I can't handle it

Nobody really wants a yandere. Who the fuck wants to get stabbed with a kitchen knife for something as trivial as taking a glance at another girl's ass.

Shit's as silly as 20-something girls thinking some brooding abusive asshole out of a Bronte novel is hot.

I do

Why does every yandere get dark circles under their eyes? It's like the first thing anyone does when they go insane is stay up for a week marathoning the complete box-set of 24.

But I do love you.

Only a shit tier one would stab her own lover on impulsive.

>DAMMIT CHLOE WHY DOESN'T SENPAI NOTICE ME?!

Oh no, I'm not falling for that one again. Your friends that dared you to say that are waiting to jump out and laugh at me when I take it seriously. I know your game

Because they don't sleep. A yandere is always watching you. Always.

Yandere make an otherwise boring plot interesting.

Okay, maybe not unassertive but they do for the most part lack the backbone of yanderes
I picked Sakura because she turned yan-ish later on.

You are still wellcome to come with some examples.
From what i can gather, the genki+deredere type you are trying to describe would be something like Minori from Todora.
And that doesn't really hold up against yanderes

Learn2dere nigger

Agreed. I think there's something to the apprehension and tension caused by a tsun that makes them appealing, but to me it's not as appealing as actually having a relationship building interaction with the guy.
Tsundere just screams 'pad the runtime' to me. Yanderes are easier to have fun variety with and can be developed into from otherwise normal traits, whereas tsundere is something that can only be developed out of.

Yandere is the worst, most shallow dere out there. You got to be mentally ill or a psychopath to get off on them. Normalfags are just in it for the bloody and edgy appeal.

What the fuck, why didn't you literally go full /supremegentleman/ on them?

Normies tend to like Sakura in Naruto if they watch any anime whatsoever or like the basic action-girl archetype from DC and god knows what else.

Normies don't know shit about yanderes and once you explain it to them they'll go "NOOO" and pick the nicest and/or hottest girl they can find.

Yandere, tsundere, and coodere are for the professionals. Normies can't handle any of that shit.

Tsundere a best.

Normalfags*

Unlike said girls, I don't actually enjoy the suffering of others

>Neo-Rin
>Tsun
It's way too late to get credibility back faggot

It's kind of a Sup Forums specialty it dates back almost to the beginning

Rin is mai waifu.

Did that manga ever finish? I don't remember.

I'd check myself but I can't remember the name.

What's that, user? Did you say post more Rin?

Ok

A good dere needs to have motives and reasons that cause them to act the way they do. If they're just a tsundere, kuudere, etc. with no reason or without precedent, then it becomes boring or cliched.