AOTY thread

Which of these underrated masterpieces was AOTY 2016?

Flip Flap is AOTY and not underrated

Mob and Hibikek close second and third

Half of these are shit and none of them are underrated.

AOTY is Mob

how are they shit

Hibikek has been getting props from everyone how is it underrated

That's a lot of masterpieces.

Wouldnt call Occultic;Nine a masterpiece but I certainly had a blast watching it.

>underrated
Only top, the rest aren't even underrated
>masterpieces
The only true underrated masterpiece is Bananya

>guaranteed_replies.jpg

Bananya was ahead of it's time, it's understandable that not everyone could appreciate the artistic merit behind it.

>underrated
>MASTERPIECES
Nigga

Pretty much. Made me reply.

Bananya is the best short anime ive seen

Would you agree the Berserk fanbase deserved the 2016 adaptation?

Alright alright, semi-serious answer:

Phantom World was beautifully animated nonsense carried by one of the year's dullest main cast. (Mai was alright I guess)
Kiznaiver was boring as fuck Okada tripe with some of the most inane and uninteresting treatment of human connections I've ever seen in anime. (episodes 6 & 7 were good though)
Kabaneri was serviceable action schlock until Worst Boi Biba ruined it.
Berserk (2016) was an insult to the manga.
Haven't watched O;9 so I can't say anything about that.

The rest was good (Mob was great imo), but they're not underrated by any means.

Depends.

On one hand, they don't deserve anything for their trashy edgelord manga.

On the other, they deserve the worst possible adaptation for it as a big fuck you to how cancerous they are, and seeing some of them still try and eat that shit up and defend it is quite hilarious.

>tfw really liked Flipflappers but can't talk with like minded people that aren't /u/fags (aka not retarded)

Where Madoka threads that bad too?

Why have you made a collage with shit shows on top and good ones on bottom?

Also
>Eupho
>underrated

Nigga didn't even bother to put a bait.

Considering Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is on a lot of people's AotY lists, but most people still haven't watched it, would it be considered underrated

Well, nobody watched O;9 for more than 4 minutes

How to make top bait:

1. Pick a mediocre show, bonus points if the studio is mediocre too
2. Pretend it is AOTY
3. ?????????????
4. Profit

/u/ only took over after the show ended.
Madoka threads are currently some of the worst shit this board can produce.

Flip Flappers for me, plenty of other good stuff there though.

I really dont understand why people hate Phantom World so much. Yeah, it isn't Kyoani's best work but it was still a lot of fun and the Mom Mai episode was really great. I like that the show at least attempted to have episodes be based around entry level philosophy and I thought the characters were pretty fun.

I can understand why people would be indifferent about it but the sheer amount of hate it gets feels unwarranted.

profit?

>aoty
It was already decided though.

>2012
>Hyouka
>over Jinrui or Sakurasou or Shinsekai or JoJo
Why can't kyoani fags just die

Still unironically right

There wasn't any masterpieces in 2016 to begin with and most of these are very well received.

Some of those are overrated.

>K-On!! over Tatami Galaxy
>Madoka over Penguindrum
>Kill la Kill over Aku no Hana
Just bad taste all around

There wasn't even a good show this year, let alone a "masterpiece."

Nah, they're just trolling (phantom sales, etc.). I remember the threads were fun.

>Kiznaiver
I enjoyed most of the episodes but I would never call it good.

still unironically best

Change KlK with literally any other anime that year and i might be inclined to agree

You do remember that KyoAni vs. Shaft is still a thing here, right?

read the filename

what's this got to do with the thread?

Sakurasou was garbage, and 2012 AOTY was Space Bros

>underrated
You seem to be confused on the meaning of this word.

If you actually think KyoAni shows have good visual direction you're an idiot.

>Kill la Kill
How far does /u/ delusion go?

>Where Madoka threads that bad too?
No, /u/ didn't even show up until the very end.

>Bananya
What

Are there people that think phantom world is good?

>Kabaneri got a fucking S2.

Underrated short about banana cats and their trials and tribulations when trying to survive in a human-eat-banana world where their kind is actively hunted down.

Flip Flappers' "Visual Direction of the Year" card was definitely revoked after episode 9. Give it to Mob instead.

Kabaneri wasn't THAT bad as people made it out to be. I mean, it was pretty crappy, but anyone who thinks that it was good up until Biba came along is retarded. It was always mediocre. Fun but mediocre. Just like SnK, which it was ripping off.

It was Hibike, officially and objectively.

Best TV anime of the decade has already been decided.

Most correct one in the thread. Prepare to be called a hipster and pretentious.

>2016
>masterpieces

kiznaiver was good, not the best of the best but still good

Mob on the other end was pretty boring, they would have done a better job if they animated the second arc directly (the girl possessed by an exorcist arc)

Are you serius about the Berserk anime? That was so fucked up

Thats the outcome for most successful originals, a vocal nay-sayer minority ends up being irrelevant at the end of the day.

This.

bottom left one is Space Dandy or what?

>kiznaiver was good

Gert back to your thread OP.

>any of those
>underrated

a nice high school "drama"

Yeah.

Nichijou was shit though

List is way too long

>Just like SnK, which it was ripping off.
I understand where the meme comes from but Kabaneri was basically doing its own thing by episode 3 onwards and had very different issues from SnK (which, unlike Kabaneri, was actually worth a damn despite his over-the-topness and pacing issues, if only for the story and the titan action).

Everyone goes fucking nuts over Euph, how is it underrated?

Your list is surprisingly accurate user. Prepare for the shitposters hating on it.

>Kiznaiver was good
>Mob wasn't

>pretentious list of hipster anime except Nichijou and Hyouka

Oh, and K-ON.

>KLK
>having any good visual direction aside from the fight scenes

To be hero

euph is overrated tbqh

all three of these posters thought Ping Pong was a well directed show

source: all three knows what their own anus smells like

Most of those are highly questionable. Not sure there have really been 12 great anime shows this decade yet

>He actually believes Ping Pong wasn't well-directed

>hey, you know what would be a really good idea? Let's make it look like shit. On purpose.

>it's OK that it looks like shit because it's adapting the source's visual style

Whom are you quoting?

>habanero
>masterpiece
Literally snk ripoff but with all the worst most generic shounen tropes ever.

Why's Armin kissing an old man.

>flip flappers
>hibikek
>mob
>underrated
Bullshit, it's like you weren't even paying attention to the threads during their airing.
source:your ass

Ange Vierge

Read the manga.

please tell me what happens. I dont want to read the manga, I want to wait for the anime. why is the little coconut dude kissing that guy?!

That's fanart of a scene in the manga. Armin's ~17 and that's his bodyguard he's kissing, a sixty something year old Kenny Ackerman, uncle of Levi. See, Armin is a titan shifter just like Eren and Annie are, and Hanji wanted to see if titan shifters could get drunk. They can. Armin's a slutty, slutty drunk.

oh...

Geez, that sounds like fan-fiction.

Holy shit, time to pick snk back up.

Mob is the only good thing on that list and people recognized that it was good when it aired.

You asked, mate.

Don't worry, Kenny's not a pedo. He just laughs and drags Armin over to Levi. Then Armin barfs on Levi's shirt. Pic related is Levi's fw

It's like if shitposting was a manga. Breddy gud. Does have some really sad/gross/unnerving moments though.

>people recognized it was good when it was aired
Quite a few people dropped it before the teru fight, even though that was most likely the peak of the show. Perhaps you mean the animation and ED that was considered great?
>inb4 reiganfags and his shitty ideals

user, all these are shit apart from Mob, or Hibike, and they are certainly not underrated.

>Armin puking on Levi
Did Armin die?

ITT: Overrated shit.

>masterpiece
>Berserk

In a way, Levi brought it upon himself so no. Armin is also Levi's only not-bratty child (as in, his favorite) so he didn't seem to get mad. We only got like 3 pages of Armin and Eren's drunken shenanigans.