Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

>AOTY 2016 getting 2nd season in a few days
>People on Sup Forums still haven't watched it and won't watch this one either

It hurts, why do you people not care for good shows?

There's not much to discuss, which is why you don't see many threads. It's a period drama that wrapped up its story quite nicely, and the second season will deal with entirely different characters so there's not much to speculate about.

It doesn't help the original manga runs in a josei magazine, which means that even less people here will be familiar with the source than usual.

>watching pretentious DEENshit

shiggy diggy

Noone is familiar with the source of half the garbage LN adaptations either and they're still being watched.

I understand that there's not much to talk about but the show was also not rated/watched/downloaded by a lot of people.

Am I the only one with the suspicion that the second season won't be nearly as good?

First one had the period drama thing going for it very hard. Characters were also pretty good archetypes. Both of its strengths are nowhere to be seen here. Cautiously hopeful.

DEEN is savior of anime. Shut you're trap.

If this show were a live action it would get exposed harder than Pep Guardiola.

Looks like gay shit.

>Noone is familiar with the source of half the garbage LN adaptations either and they're still being watched.

There's usually a pretty sizable number of posters in announcement threads for pretty much every recent shounen/seinen LN adaptation since a lot of these LNs are getting manga adaptations as well.

And let's be honest here, Konatsu aside there isn't any easily shillable girls for people to make /e/ or /c/ tier threads about and all the homo shit stays in their own, Rakugo-unrelated threads. See .

I agree. I'm a little nervous that the yakuza story will get in the way too much and if so will likely get Konatsu involved which is a plotline I really don't care to explore. I don't know anything about the source so maybe someone can tell me I'm wrong.

I really like the focus on rakugo and its need to evolve as an art, so hopefully neo-Sukeroku is a good MC.

It was boring.

Perfect for the "intellectuals" to wave their superiority wang around but nowhere near appealing enough for the mainstream audience.

It wasn't really that great. Not bad but like, hardly something people ought to care about. Certainly not AOTY.

It's actually something that the mainstream audience would like, rather than your generic otaku trash.

Name a better series from 2016

It was AOTY but I'd be totally fine with it never being bought up on Sup Forums again because every thread is guaranteed to obnoxious shitposters calling it pretentious and boring without any good reason.

Series? I dunno I didn't really like any of them. AOTY will be like, Koe no Katachi or Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni.

Thinking of watching it but there are no BD versions

The fuck

Because Sup Forums can't into competent drama and quality comedy.

Can't wait for more old ass Bon's delusion shenanigans.

Wasn't AOTY for me, but it was best of its season. I enjoyed the comedy and hope that DEEN doesn't fuck up season 2 like they tend to do.

I marathoned this specifically so I could watch the second season, which I knew was coming out soon. This show is super comfy and does a great job at making the characters feel like real people. I remember watching the first episode, getting engrossed in the Rakugo performance that happens halfway through, and then not realizing the episode was actually a double episode until it was over.

go back to MAL, retard

Is this gay?

I've heard people say this about 91 Days too and I still don't understand the logic about how something being adapted into an anime makes it more loved. If anything, it's the opposite in most cases.

If they don't they'll just be missing one of the best shows in the past 5 years.

I'd argue one of if not DEEN's best show.

No but there's bromance.

Which would be the other shows you'd consider one DEENs best then

I'm not sure what Sup Forums actually likes about this series beyond josei being trendy on here at the moment.

Why didn't they have an enka OP or ED for it?

It would have fit it perfectly.

I'm hyped for part 2, though I have my doubts that it will live up to the standard set by S1 (which was my AOTY). If Deen can make S2 as good as S1 was, then Rakugo will rank alongside Shirobako and Madoka as an AOTD contender.

>Enka
Are you deaf by any chance? Other than a few traditional songs, the majority of the OST was jazzy, blues, classical.

Rurouni kenshin trust and betrayal OVA is their best, rakugo is 2nd

I think the BDs are out they just aren't subbed

>AOTY

Read "things that Sup Forums likes" then deal with it.

>Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Yotarou Hourou-hen
Why do so many shitty OVAs and specials get translations instantly but no group is picking this one? ;_;

Oh shit I didn't even know there were specials for Rakugo.

I watched like two episodes and dropped it, wasn't particularly interesting. And now all the pretentious shits are going to pepper me with greentext about harems and CGDCT and otaku, because they can't imagine anyone disagreeing with them without being a walking stereotype of everything they hate.

It's actually a sort of pilot OVA released before the TV show aired.

>showa genroku
>lgbt

I'm not going to lie to you Sup Forums, I dropped this on the first episode after laughing my ass off.

When main girl comes in and does her "impression" or what the fuck ever it is, I literally started dying of laughter. That cheesy music combined with her hilarious face, oh god was it great.

Whew. Had to get it off my chest.

It's just the first episode with a few extra scenes.

I wish you had literally died.

You must not have watched a lot of DEEN anime.

Rakugo is amazing but I wouldn't call it the best

I already watched the superior rakugo show.

>not being at the threads

It was enjoyable and barely any cancer. It is at times better a good chunk of Sup Forums doesn't watch it.

dude, your better off making a thread when episode 1 drops. your just gonna get shitposting from people who haven't watched it.

what said

>There's not much to discuss
I for one think there is a lot to discuss from an artistic point of view.

I hate you cancer so fucking much. Go fuck yourself, stop shilling this garbage. Get some taste, lurk more, go back to MAL or whatever I don't know, but fuck off.

>newfag's spacing
>cancer using the word "comfy"
>"feel"
Jesus Christ.

I watched 4 or 5 episodes then dropped it. It was trash.
And I dont normally drop shows, I have only droppes probably a dozen shows all my life.

>this coming from a newfriend watching shit using vlc and saving pics in .png

Any other in the top 5 from Sup Forums, for starters. Watch more anime, newfag.

>>"feel"
Jesus Christ yourself, retard. He used it in the normal way.

Ange Vierge
Active Raid
Nobunaga no Shinobi
ReLife
Anne Happy
Flip Flappers
New Game

I don't know how to tell you, but you have shit taste senpai.

>shit taste newfag saying someone else has shit taste

I bet you unironically use that as a reference

>smug anime girl non retort

>I hate you cancer so fucking much. Go fuck yourself, stop shilling this garbage.

t.waaaah I would kill myself but I don't have the balls

I watched it and I liked it and I'm gonna watch s2 too

But I can't remember what my favorite rakugo was

everyone look at the shitposting turbo nigger in his typical form

Now this is AOTY material

>expecting a meaning ful retort after just spouting 'shit taste' like a retard.

I forgot to add this in my post Im sorry

But user, you're the first one who started with shit calling.

Surprise, surprise, the sort of people that watch isekai or harem anime aren't particularly interested in a drier period drama about a niche subject and no cute girls.

Exactly. There are only two types of people - those who like good period drama and those who think Rem is best girl.

My first post is stating some better anime than rakugo. Go on and say rakugo is better than any of them and your opinion is automatically discarded.

This is why you should never start a thread with any variant on "Sup Forums doesn't watch my favorite show because they don't like good things." You're just asking for a shitflinging cancerfest.

Exactly. You posted shit first.

I havent said the word 'shit' before you even once in this thread.

You don't have to announce being retarded to be a retard, user.

But there's not a single good anime on that list (maybe New Game and FliFla).
If you think ReLife is honestly good, you're beyond hope.

>rakugofag has shit taste and thinks a non 'deepmature anime for deepmature person like himself' can be good.
>most likely hasnt even seen the shows he's calling shit.
Not surprising

Flip Flappers and New Game are the shittiest anime ob that list.

>Flip Flappers had the least expressive and stiffest faces of all anime this season
>muh saguga memers think it looks amazing

>thinks a generous 5 or 6/10 show can be AOTY contender
>thinks a non 'deepmature anime for deepmature person like himself' can be good
You can't even express yourself properly. Grow up, kid, the memes have consumed you and you're only embarrassing yourself at this point.

>mfw i liked Rakugo and i read through this thread

Same. OP needs to stop being a faggot and learn that these sorts of opening posts always invite shitposting.

Worst thing about anime and those who watch it is that it seems like literally noone seems to be interested in the shows from a directional standpoint.

Because in that respect Rakugo is easily a 10/10, it's so well directed, and noone gives a flying fuck. I fucking hate Sup Forums, why the fuck am i here?

Miyokichi is beautiful but she isn't pure innocent waifubait so she'd trigger the majority of the board, they can only tolerate female characters that coddle them.

Fuck off, then.

Can't wait for the second season, I think I'll go rewatch it so that it's fresh in my memory.

>cowtits
Personality doesn't matter at this point, she's trash.

Hey, at least is not Pandora, literally 10 cats and their mothers watched it.

/thread

I'm glad there's one less never-ending circlejerk on this board desu

You mean Pandora Hearts?

He obviously means the Pandora that aired this year and involved cats, not the Pandora that aired eight years ago and didn't involve cats at all.

doesn't exist

Took me a minute to realize what you were getting at. Fine, last year.

It's not my thing to diss other anons for their personal preferences, but this right here is a paragon of shit taste.

>an obvious typo of 'can' instead of 'cant' makes the poster consumed in memes.

Bet you liked trash like rezero and yuri on ice and other fujoshit and haremshit.

What's Sup Forums's top 5, user?

As expected of plebs. Konatsu is adorable; would impregnate.

you're not the only one - although with the manga revealing what actually happened could make it a bit more interesting if the butler actually blabs about it.

we'll see, i guess.

whens the manga getting more scans

Well you betted wrong. And your taste is still garbo.

Her brows make her look like a man. She's also a slut.

I watched, it the dramatic ending was on par erased.

Goddamn, I cannot wait for the 2nd season so we can explain how wrong posts like this are without spoiling anyone.

If you think the end was too melodramatic just keep in mind that Kiku is an unreliable narrator and is telling a story.