Macross Frontier had constant threads after it aired

>Macross Frontier had constant threads after it aired
>Delta finishes and there are no more threads

Was Detla a mistake? Also, this is a Macross thread for good Macross shows and OVAs. No Delta allowed. Macross II is definitely allowed.

Thread theme song:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_ScuatkClQ

>Was Delta a mistake?
>No Delta allowed.

Delta was shit, mate. Having an idol band was a mistake. Windfags were a mistake. Only thing not a mistake was Pika-chan and Shinpi

Delta just wasn't good. I seriously won't touch Macross again until Kawamori is gone or is just handling mechanical designs.

At 14 or 15 episodes in I actually liked it more than Frontier, but that ending was shithouse.

Freyja had a really nice singing voice though.

People still get asshurt over Sheryl being better than Ranka that's why Frontier kept getting threads after ending. Posting the true best girl though for the series.

>Having an idol band was a mistake. Windfags were a mistake.

Most of the faults in the show probably stem from having too many fucking characters, so none of them get any development. So yes, idols and windfags were a mistake.

Macross 7 is the best Macross and you can't convince me otherwise.

I wouldn't call it shit, but it definitely fell apart in the 2nd cours. Also, Mirage was shit. What a waste of a Jenius

>Minmei
>anything but shit

>hating on Minmay
But Minmay's the best.

Frontier had catchier music, and an ACTUAL love triangle.

>IKINOKORITAI

That's a funny way to spell Misa, m80.

Was the original Macross actually unique?
It seems if they wanted to convey feeling, should be in touch with the culture of the youth instead of the same idol routine for decades. Hippie-dippie bullshit doesn't work in modern era.

Misa's an old hag. Minmay also had the best scenes in the show terms of drawing and coloring

>Was Detla a mistake?
>No Delta allowed.
Pick one, you dumb piece of shit OP. And Frontier is just as bad, at least compared to the actual great series which are SDF and 7. Unless you're comparing Delta TV series to Frontier movie, in which case off yourself.

>Fucks her cousin

The original Macross if very much not hippie-dippie bullshit. While it points that society should strive for that goal, it acknowledges that humanity by nature isn't designed for that or won't reach that. It like Gundam and other shows from that period have a theme of resignation that humanity will always fight and a military is needed. The most hippie-dippie character in the show is a douchebag that paints the irresponsibility of being a pure pacifist

She was also a slut who only wanted MC back after her cousin turned out to be a useless dick.

LOL, Frontier is the second best Macross after SDF, and is far better than 7. And Asking if Delta was a mistake is a rhetorical question, but I guess someone that's easily anally devastated must have a mind so small that they can't realize that.

The only use for culture is for war to take away your opponent's reason to fight.

Minmay is just so frustrating, even if there are scenes with her that I rather like her.

Fuck, now that I think about it Minmay is probably the one that I would go for even if Misa is more my type.

I'm not denying that, but man is she gorgeous.

>ywn watch Macross Top Gun for the first time again

Everyone would go for Minmay. When I was a kid, she was my first anime crush, and I was pissed that Misa won in the end. Even now being close to 30, I find myself chasing after Minmay-types and ignoring Misa-types who clearly are interested in me.

I'm 23 now.
Though in my case I just go for whoever is interested even if it is to my detriment.

I guess I would classify Misa as the homely type?
I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Definitely a more suitable wife, but less exciting.

I'm a shitposter on an anonymous imageboard that wants a partner that would eat me, but put no effort into it. What does that make my type?

A fucking lion

What happened to Delta? I lurked the threads a little when it started airing and everyone loved it. Now it's the worst ever.

>Frontier
>far better than 7
LOL indeed.

It started off nice, the second half was garbage

The second half slogged around too much, and the last episode was rushed.
Yea, I would say Misa is the "boring", wife type. Minmay is the lively "fun" woman that comes off as interesting. Aka manic pixie dream girl

Tiddeculture

>Delta just wasn't good
Neither was Frontier

>Macross Frontier had constant threads after it aired
They were all about shipping bullshit because the TV series ended on an inconclusive note to that aspect also there was a movie announcement shortly after.

>Delta finishes and there are no more threads
Didn't leave anything open and there's no movie announcement yet.

Was there any point to this thread?

First half of Delta was better than Frontier. Second half was FlipFlap writer 1 tier bad.

Whos flipflap writer 1

There were plenty non Ranka v Sheryl threads. You forget how popular Frontier, Geass, and 00 were. 2007/08 were a great 2 years to be a mechafag. There were also a lot of Frontier threads started by people who watched the show after it aired, something Delta doesn't have.

This, both were mediocre but the macross fandom become more hostile than the gundamfags in this last few years and that killed the threads

Keep being deluded Deltafag

Fuck off with this dead shitty franchise. Kawamori is an imbecile, period.

>writers try to improvise
>its shit
>they murder the whole thing
literal retards

kawamori just go

Compared to the new, Frontier as a damn masterpiece.

Frontier babbys are the worst.

>There were plenty non Ranka v Sheryl threads
Nope. All Frontier threads were Ranka v Sheryl threads or Sheryl image dumps because there was nothing of worth to discuss in the show.
>2007/08 were a great 2 years to be a mechafag
Yeah man...three shitty titles that appealed to retards like you what a great time that was.
>There were also a lot of Frontier threads started by people who watched the show after it aired, something Delta doesn't have.
Cool horseshit bro

It was supposed to be a one cour show that would be completed with one or two movies. Then a second cour was ordered and the pacing was fucked to hell and back.

Was Ikenai Borderline the only memorable Delta song? I've already forgotten the rest of them.

I was so ready to love Delta after that first cour. How did it fall apart this badly?