This World is a Simulation

Let's discuss how this world is a simulation.

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2017-01-reveals-substantial-evidence-holographic-universe.html
pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/physicists-confirm-that-were-not-living-in-a-computer-simulation/
advances.sciencemag.org/content/3/9/e1701758
letterstonature.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/of-nothing/
dropbox.com/sh/g7cwc3fuf4pz7zk/AABJPv9uvvnbBLIIGoAuyXNIa?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9zSMsKcwk&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a simulation.

Literally makes no difference one way or another.
Besides you would have to define what a simulation is and be able to understand what is outside the simulation in order to be able to even define it as a simulation. Therefore the sentence "the world is a simulation" carries no meaning

well i believe in the real world we are hooked up to computers. maybe we lay on beds onboard a spacestation or spaceship. maybe we are traveling to another star and this simulation is just to keep our minds active.

But that's just your own sci fi story.
I camt think of any evidence for that scenario.
Also where did you come from if your parents were hooked up to a computer?

True esoterism made this statement centuries ago. All is illusion. Only God -- the Almighty Intelligence -- is and we are just Its dream.

fucking idiot, we only exist in the simulation.
there is no body or mind outside in the base world.

well thats what we must find out. there must be a way to reach the real world.

I'm thinking about upgrading to LFE soon.

maybe the laws of physics are too different to survive outside

Pain says to me its is not a simulation.

our consciousness wouldnt be effected by the laws of physics outside. we wouldnt transport our in-simulation-bodies to the real world. we would be moving out CONSCIOUSNESS outside to the real world.
and what if it is just like this world? except we are connected to this simulation via computers?
there must be a way to hack ourselves to the real world.

>cant simulate pain

brainlet detected

user trust me the present and the now is the most real thing you can ever find in the illusion of existence. Live your life now and stop wondering such arrogant theories about a simulation. You cant even explain your concience at this very moment and you want to focus on the other side?

if you are cool being an inter-dimensional space insect with human memories ...

>imitation of a situation or process.
>the action of pretending; deception.
>the production of a computer model of something, especially for the purpose of study.

Science is a simulation
Politics is a simulation
AI is a simulation.

Its just semantics

It's such an advanced simulation that we can all have our own separate experience, independent of one another.
So, in effect, it is indisdinguable from anything anyone would try to define as "reality".

i want to be in the truth, no matter how i look. what if we are disgusting to our true selves?
this is not a argument.

excpet im forced to think outside this world because i witnissed myself how this world is unreal.

there must be a final truth in existance. do you agree? something MUST be real in the end of the day. its my duty to find that.

If we are living in a simulation why have I spent whole days masturbating?
Seems incredibly inefficient imo.

Just think for two seconds about all the crazy shit that could be happening right now, but isn't. Think about the damage one highly-motivated individual could do. One man in the right place could shut down an enormous amount of infrastructure. Or release a deadly virus from a lab. Or stab a politician on the street. But it never happens. Why not? Why are terrorists so ineffective? Don't you think that if YOU were leading a group of jihadis willing to give their life for the cause, you could cause a hell of a lot more damage than ISIS?
Why isn't shit 100x more chaotic than it is now?
Because this is a simulation. The jihadis aren't real. The president isn't real. We're living inside a precisely-crafted narrative. And the narrative only explains what it needs to explain in order to keep you on the right path. Let's say you had eggs for breakfast this morning. The farmer who owns the chicken that laid those eggs -- you think he really exists? No. Only the eggs exist, because only the eggs are relevant to the narrative.
If the world were really full of people as self aware as you and I, it would be batshit crazy. Instead, we are surrounded by billions of NPCs.

Ourselves in the future made the simulation because reality was too horrible
it keeps looping 20th-21st century until we reach tech level to detect our own simulation then our future selves reboot it to 1900 or so.
The Matrix is true but its us not the machines doing it.

Issa matrix

If the world is a simulation then the true nature of the universe can't be known and thus empiricism can't be applied and thus this discussion has about as much intellectual clout as
>HURR WHAT IF THE MOON IS MADE OF CHEEESES

So fucking KYS faggot OP and anybody who follows this simulation faggotry.

now ur getting on my train of thought.

except there are some people who can reach the real world.

untestable
fucking gas yourself.

Lets break it again then, all we gotta do is collectively get enough uninstanced minds to think about something then the instanced masses will be attracted to it.

Meme magic is real, but not in the way you think.

Lets do a test, meme the shit out of CERN making a real blackhole generator and solving the energy crisis

Why make a simulation where nothing happens and it's just a highly crafted narrative that can't be deviated from?
You just described a book or a movie, not a simulation.

how do i unlock the cute catgirl gf DLC?

simulate a better world then
why live in this shit? no free energy, need to eat and sleep

its shit

If this is a simulation then I want my money back. This simulation sucks turn it off.

i saw how reality created matrix bugs. i saw buildings moving, changing, people turning to little children, sky directions changing, stuff like that.

or maybe this is a shamanic trance that we are collectively experiencing as our prehistoric tribe searches the world lines for prospective futures.

how?

Nothing matters.
Everything is more than ordinary.

Every star is made of 8 bits.
Every thought we have had will be had again.

Of course it is. It is a holographic universe.

phys.org/news/2017-01-reveals-substantial-evidence-holographic-universe.html

i was talking to a woman who was 18 years old and after she went inside her mom came out saying shes a little girl and then the girl came back outside except she was now a little child.
or another time where i was in a car looking at the highway and suddenly the highway transformed to a little country road.

WARNING : RETARD REDDIT THREAD

reading steiner detected

The way the universe came into being from nowhere (like when you launch a game) and how large it is (to not make the inhabitants reach the edge), is very suspicious in my opinion.

Also, the chance of you being born is so incredibly small that something has to be behind it I feel. Either you agreed to come here or you get reborn since that would make the chance of you being born certain.

Differentiate the 'computer' running your simulation and the notion of an all-powerful entity causing/being the origin point for our reality.

It really just seems like you don't like the word 'god'; but if you call it supercomputer it is digestible.

Might want to reflect on that for a minute.

Where did u get your LSD?!

Have you taken the Berenstein Pill?

Believing that the world is a simulation is worthless.

It's the same thing with religious discussion, you can't really prove if there is or isn't a god.

And we wouldn't be able to prove if this is or isn't a simulation. At the end of the day, who gives a fuck anyway?

People will just believe what they want to believe.

>have you taken the jewish false flag pill to make redpilled people look like retards
No.

Physicists Confirm That We’re Not Living In a Computer Simulation
>pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/physicists-confirm-that-were-not-living-in-a-computer-simulation/
>Quantized gravitational responses, the sign problem, and quantum complexity:
>advances.sciencemag.org/content/3/9/e1701758

yeah and other physicists do confirm we live in a simulation.

Trust me, it makes a huge fucking difference. Does wonders to confidence.

Imagine, when you're playing a video game, you don't really care what you do in it or how you act because you know it's all going to be just alright in the end.

Discovering the true nature of this reality and the elements (so far) of it has changed my life and made it fucking amazing. I now know exactly what needs to be done to get exactly where I want to be.

Mein Bruder, schau dir mal das Gateway Programm an, welches bereits in der 80ern von den USAF und CIA verwendet wurde. Es wurde vom Monroe Institute entwickelt und wird dir zeigen, dass dies keine Simulation ist wie du sie dir vorstellst.

potato

Wasn't aware there has been an actual response to this research.

Interesting blog discussing more contemporary observations: letterstonature.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/of-nothing/

this is not a new idea by any means. research 'brain in a vat.' This question has puzzled philosophers for many years.

I AM here to destroy the simulation.

>unironically arguing about whether or not we live in a simulation
the absolute state of atheist materialism. we argue about some pretty inane shit on these boards, but at least most of us do it as a hobby rather than professionally.

dropbox.com/sh/g7cwc3fuf4pz7zk/AABJPv9uvvnbBLIIGoAuyXNIa?dl=0

The world is a simulation, but not within a computer. We are simulated being within a mind:
>youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence.”
― Robert Anton Wilson,

Actually, if you follow the point - he can't differentiate between his all powerful supercomputer running our simulation and....the notion of God.

Don't let me interrupt you from pantomiming your BS too cool for you atheist trope though.
silly leaf

You are all a figment of my imagination and to be honest I am starting to grow quite tired of all of you.

Schizophrenia if I ever done seen it

youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9zSMsKcwk&feature=youtu.be

The nature of human logic is a "simulation"

>why is knowledge of interest to people
You're a nigger aren't you? God forbid that some people like theorizing. We shouldn't have any discussion at all!

This. To believe in anything of permanence in a sea of change you will surely be rolled by the tide.

This

>huge fucking difference. Does wonders to confidence
>still not enough confidence to stand up to pakis raping their daughters and sisters

but you both believe this is true

The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power.
-Nikola Tesla

Dis nigga be high as fuck

I believe he's right.

it is both

-h-hey guyz wouldn't it be cool if we all just lived in a vidyagame? imma believe in that from now on
-ok, but why?
-shut up christfag xd

Simulation is close, but not the right word.

It's more like a dream.

its xD with a big D

Aye well since I live in 96% white Scotland in a 99.7% white town, I don't really have to mate.

Administrator here

Fix finance so everyone trades in currencies like Gold and Bitcoin

Fuck the pedo ring of power elite, they aren't that important unless they have wronged you, in which case, make them pay

this

It's true. I myself have seen weird glitches in our reality. I remember once we were exploring this abandoned building at the edge of town, and my friends brought this weird guy along. When we had finished exploring, the weird guy disappeared and none of my friends could remember who he was, and swore they never brought anyone else.

Another time, I remember at my university, there was a lecture room that I had mistakenly walked into, it was the wrong room. The Professor was teaching about some quantum physics. When I had left that room, I asked people what subject it was, and they told me there was no lecturer who taught about quantum physics, and in fact there was no lecture room in the wing of the building that I was in.

Strange shit, user. It's like when you swear you remember something 100% exactly but it turns out to be completely different. Sometimes I wonder if we get shifted to different timelines or parallel universes, or if this is some sort of glitch in the matrix.

>This World is a Simulation

no it's not.

It is contradictory

the world is a simulation is the new "new age" bullcrap.

it's "DUDE you can't change shit man. so what if (((they))) fuck us over it's just a simulation dood. dont even try" 2.0

we're all just a caveman on mushrooms hallucinations

in fact, i was the one who brought this "world is a simulation" shit to Sup Forums.

It's a laboratory and we are the rats.

What do you mean? Expand.

That stuff is happening just not in your sheltered country full of cowards that care more about their insignificant life and hamburgers than the future of their nation or whatever cause if they even have one to care about. Just think how retarded and ignorant you must be to not have been to places where this is actually happening. Get out and take a look for yourself you retarded fat fuck.

There's nothing to discuss about it Friedrich.
Go to bed or else

Simulation implies there is a computer somewhere which is running all of this. There is no computer. It's all just God, asleep in the void, dreaming everything.

Now you're just being an ass.
An ass who believes in a god named supercomputer.
I'm glad you found your way though.

I think you may have a little too high toughts about yourself.

SCOTT ADAMS THREAD

It isn't

i watched Sup Forums closely and its not the only time something like that happend. its the truth.

When I walk into my local store, it's always empty. By the time I want to get in line there are about 20 people in line.

Dynamic Occlusion Culling

Samefag Boy, you are shitposting in two different boards at the same time. Get some sleep.

Yep. It lays the groundwork for the end times. Saying its all a dream of God is poetry. The 'simulation' stuff is the taking of the act of looking up at the stars and feeling insignificant down the wrong path. Its suppose to humble you, not encourage you to 'hack' it. Its wordplay and mysticism that allows for people to complete the destruction of humanity by making it illegal to be a non-cyborg in the future. Become the New Man or else.

>hey man, don't believe anything at all or you won't be a wise man like me
>unironically believes this is true

even if it was, how can you prove the simulations aren't cascaded? if you proved you were in a simulation, how could you prove that the reality you discovered wasn't being simulated? and so and so forth?

it's a pointless exercise