Does KyoAni have anything to offer besides cute/fuckable girls and pretty backgrounds?

Does KyoAni have anything to offer besides cute/fuckable girls and pretty backgrounds?

Other urls found in this thread:

geocities.jp/dochibibi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does anime in general have anything to offer beyond that?

do you need anything beyond that?

Readable LNs.

Who cares about KyoAni girls? Boys is where it's at

Uhhh, maybe people watch anime for enriching storylines, developed and complex characters, and thought-provoking narrative themes? It's people like you that completely set anime back as an entertainment medium.

Oh shit we got a deep and mature anime expert over here.

Must be bait

basically this with filtered/photoshopped pictures

Cute/fuckable boys, I guess.

what about their bodies, OP?

what more do you want?

If this is true then why is Chitanda so much better than every other Kyoani girl?

have you noticed they all have pointy chins?

Will KyoAni ever make ecchi shows? ;_;

:(
Man, I wish a competent studio would do a full ecchi, with actual quality in the animation, and a simple yet lewd story.
And release the BD without censorship and good ero/doujin material.
If only KyoAni could do that...

You mean like Amagi Brilliant Park or Phantom World?

REAL ecchi. Maken Ki levels of lewd!

>pretty backgrounds
They're just filtered photos

No, they're not.

I honestly fell asleep watching Hyouka.

Yes they are.

>and pretty backgrounds?
You can't even see the fucking backgrounds on their shows nowadays

It's just a giant BLUR

No, they're not faggot.

>M-muh liberal arts degree
user no i don't want to hear this

This thing about filtered background is so stupid. Even if it was true which it isn't, they still look great, besides, Kyoani has to take shortcuts somewhere since they do most production in-house, cut them some slack, they don't get to outsource all backgrounds to 10 different companies like any other anime studio.

Maidragon will have watercolor backgrounds so stop your bitching.

Of course it's blurred to shit, you're not supposed to notice right away that they're just photos with a filter on it.

>Uhhh
leave

>lucky star
>nichijou
They only did the anime Sup Forumsnon, and fortunately the original designs werent changed

>hyouka
bland and uninteresting as it gets, dropped

>k-on and haruhi
Well, you could call them Kyoani's successes
The few images of the K-on source material that I ever watched looks nothing like kyoani's version, so they moe'd the fuck of that one.

haruhi was considered by some the hot shit in its time, but no one outside the rabid fanbase consider this a good anime. did It put some spotlight into kyoani? Yes.

>the other one
I dont know that one

The only thing that I unironically and unapollogetically like from them as a production is Amagi Brilliant Park and Nichijou

I wonder if was their idea to put those ridiculous prices in Nichijou's BD's.

>they moe'd the fuck of that one.
What is this even supposed to mean? It was already a moe manga with generic bishoujo art.
>I wonder if was their idea to put those ridiculous prices in Nichijou's BD's.
Are you retarded?

>maybe people watch anime for enriching storylines, developed and complex characters, and thought-provoking narrative themes?

KyoAni's photography is several notches above the rest. No shortcuts here.

That picture is kinda sad. It's like they know the audience is too stupid to notice

looks a lot like a blurred photograph with an added car to make it look like it was all drawn.

Is there a hentai studio equivalent to KyoAni? I just want a hentai that has great animation. I'd ask for a big budget hentai but nobody wants to be known as "the guy who worked on that hentai with a big budget" so I guess I'm asking for too much from the nips.

You are doing the anime equivalent of telling a good player to stop hacking. Because you can be proven wrong and then all your stupidity does is just show how good you think Kyoani is.

Tamako is the only one of those three who actually resembles the image

the picture is sad because it's somebody else's drawing and doesn't match what they actually look like

I'm just really suspicious at how good it is, if it's actually drawn, that would genuinly impress me

If you bothered to look at the bottom half of the image, you'd see it's blatantly not a photograph. The blur might be obnoxious, but that's no reason to say stupid things.

obligitory

This is too outdated

RIP Horiguchi. She was taken from us too soon.

Kadowaki > Nishiya > Shouko Ikeda > Kazumi Ikeda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horiguchi

she'll find her way back home

this framing makes me want to kill myself
fucking kyoanus

Horiguchi > Kadowaki > Nishiya > Shouko Ikeda > Kazumi Ikeda

Even in Eupho that's not true. You still see plenty of unobscured backgrounds.

Uhh, maybe a small minority of people acutally does that but to the majority it's plain and simple entertainment? It's people like you who have no real point to offer yet feel the need to argue about personal preference that should go back to whereever they came from

The Ikedas are so bad, can they fuck off and take Ishihara with them?

It's mostly just to get the bare minimum amount of sales then flip another LN where KyoAni can follow their same formula. When they make a mistake, they have series to fall back on (Phantom World was awful > Hibike s2).

Even then their animation style from a visual perspective ONLY isn't as good as Sunrise or even ufotable.

Eye highlights.

Christmas cake show with character designs by Kadowaki when?

This is why I often prefer anime to most western media. Western media is very bland compared to anime.

Shit threads and cancerous fanbase.
Kyoani's finest.

Also western animation has ugly-as-fuck characters these days. Because everyone is beautiful and making deliberately unappealing characters is progressive. And also sex appeal will corrupt the children.

Rather than dividing them into vague lists, I think it would be more interesting if you explained what you do and don't like about the various character designers at KyoAni.

>Western
You know, you can say "America".

She will probably be chief AD for Violet so close enough

KyoAni designs have been too detailed lately, especially with Horiguchi's departure from the studio. She was the only one who did really animation-friendly designs as part of her style.

too bad the game is (mostly) ded

The two might as well be synonymous. French cartoons hardly make up an appreciable chunk of the industry. And Canadian cartoons fall somewhere in the valley between nightmare and joke.

Oh come on, people have posted 1:1 real life photo comparisons with anime thousands of times. If it's drawn instead of filtered it's nothing impressive because they're just traced over.

>Kadowaki came up with them older women designs.
Oh my fucking word.

That looks like painted over CGI.

Not even the blur can hide the shitty CGI car.

Now you're just being stupid.

Does it matter? It gets the job done without being an eyesore.

That doesn't make any sense, BG art studios just need to use photos for reference.

Where is Horiguchi?

She left KyoAni a while back.

Kyoani boys are girls practically

>that time kyoani hand painted a sink for a throwaway shot

blame anime

Illustrating light novels
geocities.jp/dochibibi/

What a waste.

Maidragon's prop designer did this for a throw-away gag.

Still makes top-tier art though.

>Does KyoAni have anything to offer besides cute/fuckable girls and pretty backgrounds?
I can see how it could seem that way after Euphonium. That show was literally one giant polished turd. I honestly believe someone at Kyoani went through a midlife crisis or perhaps some "adult" made fun of what they did for a living and they felt the need to turn to shit just to satisfy and get a nod from some old assholes who don't even watch anime. Hopefully they see a psychiatrist and get over that shit fast and go back to doing things that are FUN

here you go guys, these are tokyo ghoul fags to you

your favo deepshit manga is a failed deepshit anyway

I wonder if part of the reason she left was her inadvertent leaking of the Tamako Movie on stream.

Probably not.

there's always gotta be at least one of you in these threads

Gustavo?

I typically watch KyoAni shows because they always have good visual direction. You can complain about backgrounds to your heart's content but at the end of the day they're just that: backgrounds. Sure, it can be distracting, but when I look at a show's visuals I look at character animation, framing, shot composition, fluidity of motion, the pace of the editing, all things that KyoAni do consistently far better than any other studio. Even if they are entirely hard-drawn I would agree that the detail of the backgrounds and the awkward way in which less detailed characters are pasted on can look dreadful in wide shots () but otherwise I think the studio showcases a level of animation and features a directorial staff with such vision that completely surpasses anything else in the industry.

With that said a lot of their shows recently have been shit and that includes this complete shit that's going to air next season.

inb4 cherrypicked frames that look particularly ugly relative to the rest of a KyoAni series which would otherwise be the norm for any other studio

Maid Dragon looks good.

What's wrong with Maidragon?

>people watch anime for enriching storylines, developed and complex characters, and thought-provoking narrative themes
What did he mean by this?

I dunno, it's not what I go to KyoAni to see. All that I gush about with the visual direction is kind of lost on this silly show about dragon maids. If it were Doga Koba making it I think I would be hype but the only good shows KyoAni have made since Nichijou have survived on their grounded dramatic elements (Tamako Market/Love Story, Free!, Hibike) and the more fantasy orientated stuff has been disappointing.

Also we're talking about a show directed by the guy whose most recent contribution to KyoAni was Amagi Brilliant Park, and I would be hard-pressed to find something worse that the studio has produced.

I liked hyouka

I'm usually a big fan of KyoAni's background work and the work the photography department puts into the photographic effects, but there can sometimes be a problem where they'll overdo it a bit or mess up the balance. In photography if you have enough of one thing, it usually means you can only get so much of another. You can argue that it's intentional, they're creating these pictures from the ground up, so there's no reason to adhere to the physical limits of photography, or that they meant for it to be realistic and they were just being absent minded...

In this shot I would argue the focal blur is too much. It ought to be about half as much. If they wanted the extreme bokeh, then the perspective of the shot, which is fairly ordinary looking, would have to be more flattened out because you would need to be much further away using a more extreme telephoto lens

>free
>grounded dramatic elements
>amagi
>worse than free, phantom world, or chunibyo

Mochizou is ugly.

I thought that scene was intentional. The context was that Kumiko was smitten with Reina and wandering through a dreamlike haze. It was built up in the entire sequence starting from when they saw each other in the train.

go away Midori