When you thoughtlessly fuck up a ten episode fight and contribute to ruining what could have been the best arc

>when you thoughtlessly fuck up a ten episode fight and contribute to ruining what could have been the best arc

Knuckle is awesome and so is the entire fight with Youpi.

Idiot literally did more harm than good.

why didn't he use the hand though

Hunter Exam > Greed Island >> Yorknew City > Heaven's Arena >> Chimera Ant

Chimera Ant > Hunter Exam > Yorknew City >>> Greed Island >>> Heaven's Arena

>Talking shit about Knuckle

>taking actions that would have killed himself, his master, his friend, and a key ally
>muh deep emotional buddy character

>episodes
Kill yourself my dude
Also reminder that if he didn't get hit like a retard while Youpi was fighting Shoot, APR would have made him go bankrupt on time, that was his only mistake.

It's Morel's fault that he became such a bleeding heart.

Did Knuckle know about the Rose? If he did, then he knew that the Ant King was pretty much dead already, which makes the decision considerably less dumb.

And attacking centaur Youbin, which made Meleoron rush to protect him which eliminated any chance Morel had of escaping and blew Meleorons cover AND turning APR off which removed all of the team's leverage and guaranteed absolute defeat.

Despite his appearance, Knuckle is a delicate flower at heart.

I love Knuckle and Youpi's evolution.

Is Shoot vs Youpi the worst pased fight ever? I dropped it twice because I can't stand how fucking slow it was.

Nonsensical power that is Japanese propaganda to not go into debt.

Quantifies aura

He never loans anything nor receives anything

Is an obnoxious Josuke

>any chance Morel had of escaping
Morel had zero chances of escaping, he was completely fucked but Knuckle didn't want to stand there and watch him get killed.

That's Hunter x Hunter in a nutshell

It's like the Star Wars prequels, creating characters and world shit that ultimately doesn't matter

It's barely like 2 chapters long you ADHD autist

It's LITERALLY (yes) at least 10 episodes long.

>watching anime adaptations of stories that exist in superior medium

>Implying 23 chapters of the same fight in the manga isn't just as bad

Reading it is at least three times faster than watching it so it didn't feel dragging at all.

knuckle is fucking based though. the only unnecessary characters were the side animals they introduced towards the end, like the lobster/beetle guy, the wolf, and the octopus. not the chameleon though, he was cool. even the wolf was alright, it just seemed retarded to be spawn entirely new plot offshoots that deep in.

Jikan desu, risoku ga tsukimasu

>This terrible taste

Yorknew > Chimera Ant > DC > Greed Island > Hunter Exam > Elections > Heaven's Arena > Zoldyck

>Yorknew > Chimera Ant
kek

He was based until he betrayed the team multiple times by being boundlessly retarded.

I guess this is Togashi's way of writing characters at the end of Chimera Ant...when they're angry they just act like a retard and do extreme out of character things (see: Gon).

It's a shame because he was really tugging my heart strings in everything leading up to the raid...I teared up a few times even.

What's funny?

>A lot of new character are presented
>half of them job, the other half are irrelevant
>half of the spiders will die, the predictions never are wrong!
>only 2 died
>Chrollo vs the Zoldycks
>ends in a tie
>Kurapica become an edgy faggot who doesn't care for his friends anymore, but not edgy enough to finish off the spiders
Yorknew was a very disappointing arc

>another guy with Chimera Ant arc that low
Just went on and on and really wasn't that compelling.

the fuck is wrong with you guys

chimera ant second half > hunter exam > greed island > chimera ant first half > heaven's arena > elections stuff > yorknew city > zoldyck

i will never understand why people like yorknew city so much, it felt like such a slog to me since so much of it was just sucking the phantom troupe's dick.

I want the Hiatus to end, but I don't really care for Kurapika's story arc with the prince. I just want to see Hisoka hunting the phantom troupe in the Dark Continent.

>get hunter license
>yay now I can be an adventurer
>do greasy assassin/bodyguard shit for pennies

>half of them job, the other half are irrelevant
First, you have no idea what the term "job" means.

Second, the only fight that happened outside of Chrollo/Zoldycks was Kurapika vs Uvo. You just said yourself that the Chrollo one was a draw, so Uvo is literally the only character in the arc to lose a fight, so how exactly did "half" these characters job?

I don't want to see Senritsu and Basho die horrible deaths.

That's like saying the CA arc was a slog since so much of it was just sucking the Ants' dick. That's the most retarded reason in the world.

>long ass arc
>2 (two) fights

The only good part of the chimera ant arc was the last 10 minutes of the last episode.

All of the Shadow Beast (The Inju), who were supposed to be "the strongest nen-users in the mafia" jobbed to Uvo.

Ah, you're one of those Shounenshit retards. That explains it.

not at all most of the ants die. the troupe lose a grand total of TWO and are dick sucked from beginning to end and Togashi even tries to justify them with the letter.

>the wolf
>unnecessary

Nigga, you better put some more respeck on Welfin's name, he BTFO Pouf and ended the extermination of millions of humans with a name. what other ant did anything half as based that is?

chimera ant before the raid (probably less than half of the arc desu) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> down syndrome raid slog filler bullshit

>not at all most of the ants die
And the entire Troupe gets fucked over by a kid. Weak argument.

The Inu were introduced as the best killers the mafia had in the whole world, and then they were defeated by one Spider with little effort. Thats the very deffinition of jobbing.

the chimera ant arc had a lot of stuff going on simultaneously. even the ants were very split up for the most part with individual ants having their own followers. then these individual groups would inevitably die off as well. there was just so much more going on that it didn't feel as boring to me as the yorknew city arc

I love how the deciding factor of the biggest conflict in HxH comes from a side character who no one expected to be relevant. What other shounen manga does that?

Yorknew City >>>> Greed Island = Hunter Exam> Heaven's Arena> Chimera Ant

Will we ever see the Glutton King again?

I thought the CA arc was painfully, painfully boring until Meruem got introduced. Even then, it never really got me invested until the palace invasion, which was really late into it.

Yeah when Satotz, Menchi and Buhara comes back.

He's chilling with Gyro

>he BTFO Pouf

wut. didn't pouf just happen to die from the bomb poison right when welfin fired?

It might have bored you but you can't say any of the chapters were unnecessary, everything in Chimera Ant was a build up. You could tell Togashi used his hiatus to plan everything meticulously.

>meanwhile...what user did not know...was that the attack on the palace was the very weakest part of the arc...producers cut costs and tripled the amount of episode required with copious use of slow motion and a beyond annoying narrator who constantly blurted out obvious things, pointless information, and sometimes spoilers about scenarios involving characters who already had a copious amount of voiceover

Chimera Ant > Yorknew > Greed Island > Hunter Exam > Chairman Election > Heaven's Arena

I haven't seen either anime adaptation, this is based purely on the manga. From what I've seen though it looks like the 2011 anime drags on and on and on. Also the Black Whale and Dark Continent arcs both have a LOT of potential so far. Hopefully Togashi's back stops being a cunt again soon.

What chapters in Yorknew were unnecessary?

I wasn't talking about the anime. Have you even read the manga?

Will Togashi ever return?

I was referring to how badly Pouf got all his dreams destroyed because Welfin mentioned Kogumi. He literally died with a broken heart because of that.

He's a fucking fraud who could draw shit like pic related and do interviews but can't give us a chapter drawn on a napkin.

There was an interview from around August where one of his assistants (he finally decided assistants would be helpful) said they had about 6 months worth of chapters ready to go whenever Togashi next had to stop working because of his health and that he was still working hard, so whenever Togashi has to take a break next they'll start releasing new chapters again so there hopefully won't be a long break between those chapters and when he starts working again because they have 6+ months before the releases catch up to them. That said WSJ will probably keep releasing them a volume at a time then take a couple of months off between them.

Less fraud and more just chose a poor profession based on his health issues. A man with chronic back pain that bad should probably not be working a job where he's expected to put out 20 hand drawn pages a week.

He has a boat load of assistance and he admitted to barely drawing the election arc recently, yet he still took a long hiatus afterwards. As far as i'm concerned Togashi is full of shit.

The only reasons I hated the chimera ant arc was fucking Pouf and when they meet Youpi in the stairs, that part was so fucking slow and boring

Greed Island > Heaven's Arena > Hunter Exam > everything else > Chimera > Current arc

I marathoned the entire series last week. I haven't read HxH prior to this.

I feel so abandoned.

Why didn't knuckle use The Lock to beat the ants anyway? Are they not capable of feeling guilt?

That's a beautiful shit.

This is hard evidence that Togashi is simply too lazy to draw shit.

Bump

I just want him to end this well. I didn't want to, but I got too invested in this. Don't die, Togashi.

wow I can't believe the spiders were all replaced. Why is Quwrof a tranny now?

I just want to finally have some calamity action, as long as he doesn't pull a Toriko and skip over 80% of the stuff in DC.
But knowing Togashi he will take his time.

>chimera ant arc sets up a really interesting conflict where both sides are fairly ambiguous
>then at the end Palm basically just looks straight into the camera and says "humans are the real monsters", even though the chimera ants were literally remorseless genocide monsters that only developed the capacity for mercy by becoming more human

I feel like a true contrarian.

I definitely thought the Chimera ant arc was over rated and I actually dropped it when gon had his naruto moment.
Then surprisingly, a few years later when I watched it in the anime I was absolutely thrilled.

Whenever I read that Togashi is a genius I don't feel like arguing. I mean, when I read those things there was only place for fascination and some fear. Those things look pulled out straight out of something like the Voinych's manuscript. WITH DC HE COULD EVEN MAKE A WHOLE OTHER SERIES.

This

>gon had his naruto moment

you mean the asspull where he ages like 10 years? why would you drop it then, that's nearly the end, i can't imagine stopping that late into the arc

Why's that an asspull? He made a contract. Nanika is the asspull.

This fucking killed me. I felt so many things felt short in the series, I have absolutely zero interest in reading the manga now. I guess I expected too much always seeing people rate it 10/10 greatest battle shonen of all time.

Literally a stand. I loved that battle.

Did you not understand the entire Netero/Meruem fight? The reason he won is because the ants didnt realize that we are just as bad as they are. A bomb that kills everyone and then poisons the survivors and anyone with extended contact with those people is a completely fucked up and dishonorable way to win.

Chimera Ant, part 2 = 13th Chairman Election > Yorknew > Greed Island > Hunter Exam > Heaven's Arena > Chimera Ant, part 1

How about 40 every other month? Wouldn't that be manageable?

>Netero sacrifices his life to stop a species that has the capability of wiping out humanity
>MUH HONOR

Humanity did actually factually literally nothing wrong here, and that bomb was 100% necessary to make sure that not a single ant survives to go on to attempt another genocide.

Right and wrong are subjective, user. It's dangerous to deal with moral absolutes.

>half of the spiders will die, the predictions never are wrong!
>only 2 died
Predictions doesn't work in that way. Since ancient greeks, and I think since Summerians, predictions (or the oracle) tells the future using as basis the present actions, that's to say: "Tell me what are you doing and I will tell you what's is going to happen". If you change what you are doing, you can change your future, just as Pakunoda did.

Yeah, and next you'll tell me we shouldn't have nuked the gooks in WWII.

Killing ants is always right

and what was he going to do aftert turning APR off if centaur Yupi didn't obtain a change of heart? he still would have to watch his friend die. the only difference is that he would have died too, and risked gon and killua's life if he had gotten to them before gon's pledge was formed.

>gon tries to kill Komugi
>Pitou slashes him to shreds

remind me how Pitou was worried?

also best ant.

It wasn't necessary. Netero states that he isnt even the nen user in the world anymore. The zodiacs and Ging couldve figured a way to beat them without it but they said he only took Knov and Morel selfishly. The reason he used the bomb was so that he could take on Meruem himself for one last grand battle and still complete the mission because he knew he couldnt win 1 on 1.

The bomb cant be necessary story wise either because all of the 5 calamities are stated to be higher threats then the ants and they need to be beaten somehow.

It took all her nen to do the healing thing. She wouldve got her faced cave in.

I wouldn't say we shouldn't have, because it's subjective. I'd say that there are two sides of the equation and it's impossible to definitively say if we were right or if we were wrong.

what? she has a limitless amount of nen dude. even meruem commented on her strength.

IS THIS A JOJO REFERENCE?!

he probably just traced a photo of their faces.