Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XDuSUDlK2dc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>one has MC powers and immortality
>one doesn't

take a fucking guess

obv before Lelouch gets the code

This about this.
If the death note worked on Lelouch would Light become immortal because He stole infinite years from Lelouch?

Considering both of their greatest achievements, still Lelouch has an edge. If Lelouch really considered Light a threat he'd just drop a nuke on his city. Lelouch plays to win regardless of the consequences. Light always tried to ensure his own safety before everything.

>Lelouch has an edge.

>gets punked by his father in s1
>gets punked by fucking Suzaku at the end of s1

>while Light, a fucking school kid was able to find out L's identity and get him killed

Intelligence wise Lights feats of memory recovery and taking all his suspicion off him and Misa was far more impressive than anything Lelouch pulled off. Especially when Lelouch could just brainwash people

Does Light know him as vi britannia or lamperouge?

>Lelouch would somehow find out the city Lights's in

And no, Lulu doesn't think like L so don't go thinking he would use the same method

>gets punked by fucking Suzaku at the end of s1
Did you miss the entire point of the show.

>Light has a method of murder that is LITERALLY untraceable.
>Still gets caught

LOL

Are you forgetting how Suzaku was a constant problem for Lelouch for several damn episodes?

Light would never have had a problem of someone on that guys level

Not really, Light wants to set events so that he can have bragging rights. Properly exploited, Lelouch could embarrass Light by playing with his pride and make him reveal himself.

Proof: how he revealed himself to Raye Penber, Naomi Misora, L and Near.

On the other hand Lelouch must expose himself and talks a lot. Light prefers working through proxies and is great at information gathering so he might be able to deduce Lelouch's identity if given the chance.

>this meme again

The very first episode emphasises how large Lights ego was

When he suddenly gets a invincible kill tool and some random No.1 tried to challenge him of course he'd be baited

This is Light's problem all along. He's a Walter White, he can't resist knowing there's someone that can rival him and he can't avoid a challenge.

He could have easily avoided all troubles by ignoring L's bait.

Only shinigami inherit years from those they kill with their notes.

>Not really

but he does though, during the arc he always was thinking of a back up plan and checking if there was a loop hole in his plan for L to exploit, even when Misa forgot L's name he knew using rem was an alternative option.

One of them has the ability to mind control people to fanatically seek out and kill the other guy while it's specifically stated that the other guy's power can't do the exact same thing. Read up on the rules of the Death Note and you will realize just how gimped it is in the face of Lelouch's geass.

This is assuming they don't know each other's identities because then Light wins immediately.

We are shown how intelligent Light is, but we are mostly only told how intelligent Lelouch is, that I agree with.
>memory recovery
Lelouch does something similar to Mao on a whim while Light carefully planned it iirc. The thing about him losing all suspicion is bullshit, I could be wrong since I haven't read Death Note in many years.

He killed L though and it was an enjoyable ride for him

Its the 2nd half fault for making Light retarded and actually trusting someone for the first time like what the fuck

Right he's an incredible retard basically. Lelouch would certainly win.

>The thing about him losing all suspicion is bullshit

He changed the death note rules to clear himself of all factual suspicion so when they found it off the fake user they were forced to take it as facts

Right, never mind.

He has an ego

He's not retarded though or else he would have been caught 2 episodes in

as ZERO .!

Would light be able to kill S1 Dexter?

Light is so stupid he was able to be caught with an anonymous killing device
L is far smarter and Lelouch is about as smart as L but with super powers, Lelouch wins this easily.

lelouch also has two layers of false names with Zero and Lamperouge or whatever, so Light would have to find out his true name.

Yeah but the problem is his motivation or end goal. He has the same flaw serial killers got, he must personally be there and reveal his identity to their face which can be exploited.

This comes up as much as Goku vs Superman

Jesus, it's been so long since I saw that. Dexter would never be able to find Light, but Light would eventually find Dexter.

Lelouch would just use Geass, and make Light write his own name. Am I missing something?

Then would a shinigami become immortal and never have to write a name again?

I think we are assuming they are in separate places with knowledge of each others abilities as a starting point

Light is too pussy to get the eyes, so if we assume Lelouch still goes by Lamperouge he should win.

I don't think OP was proposing that they get dropped into an arena or something.

I guess the scenario would be predicated on them being totally opposed to each other, but not knowing the others true identity from the start.

>L is far smarter

Nope, he made the wrong move getting Light close with him, i don't know how you can think Light isn't smarter despite having made better moves and is younger and didn't have as much experience he had in the force.

There's a reason why Light was considered his successor.

Lulu ain't as smart as them either, just like others said he was constantly punked in the show despite having brainwashing powers and had an entire army with him. Light was able to kill L because he was resolute towards his goal and didn't let family become an obstacle unlike Lulu who isn't as cold hearted, there's no way he would be able to come out on top if he was in Lights shoes.

L had the police help him and he lacks the social abilities to succeed on his own. Light is a lot more rounded but is ruined by his arrogance.

Near was a lot more intelligent than them both too but he was also crippled by his antisocial behavior. Mello was the key to having Near succeed.

Yeah but he needs to reveal his eye to use his geass. Light specializes in information retrieval and prefers working through other people. He could easily discern Lelouch's identity and kill him.

This. And even if they could "caught him" he could just say that they don't have any proof of what he did.

>he must personally be there and reveal his identity to their face which can be exploited.

This only ever happens when the person was already dying or when he was caught out. And referring to the former he was forced out of those situations.

Lights is content enough with Kira being some online cult that gains a massive following.

I don't know why you're trying to act like he just goes and shouts out his identity

I really don't think distance matters, since Lelouch can do this: youtube.com/watch?v=XDuSUDlK2dc

This. L had the police help him and Light managed to defeat all agents sent after him and manage to kill L without getting caught. It worked so well he managed to usurp L's place.

And Light is a lot more ruthless than Lelouch, he isn't above threatening or taking hostages which he could do to Lelouch's family. The opposite doesn't apply as Light is willing to let go of pawns if he figures they aren't worth saving.

He didn't actually use his Geass on the world, baka.

Early game Lulu, light wins
Late game Lulu, Lulu wins

It would be easier for Light since lelouch isn't some autist who hides himself and communicates with extremely limited people

>This only ever happens when the person was already dying or when he was caught out. And referring to the former he was forced out of those situations.
Which he does when he's facing an opponent he respects. Notice how he only does it with Penber, Misora, L and Near.

Lelouch can exploit this flaw, even more so as he has a Zero persona. Finding out Zero's identity and humiliating him is just to good to let it pass.

Now the question would be if Lelouch can figure that beforehand and exploit this flaw Light has. L managed to figure Light's arrogance since the beginning.

r u jokin

What kind of set up are we talking about here? Is Light a student in Area 11 who finds a Death Note just as Lelouch begins his plan to rebel against the Holy Britannian Empire?

That takes time, meanwhile it would work both ways on who is hunting who, and one mother fucker just needs one conversation to kill him.

Lelouch wins just by the account of the extra time and one time confrontation these tropes follow on.

>Notice how he only does it with Penber, Misora, L

>people that were dying

And with near he was found out and they had the evidence recored too, he could do nothing but do a typical reveal.

Lelouch wouldn't be able to force him to such situations. He don't work for the police or is some agent so doesn't have the same resorurces as L.

Light only cared because he was baited by the Number one detective who was said to solve all his cases.

He wouldn't care about some cosplay looking guys opinion

>Having the police help you is a better asset than having two otherworldly beings, anonymous killing power as well as a devoted follower with anonymous killing power.

In fact, having the law on his side was a negative for L. He knew Light was Kira but lacked the evidence to be able to convict him. He was playing a much harder game than ight was.

Light have won since he made Lelouch cried.

Lelouch is immortal so it's not even close

Light had to maneuver around the police and find a way to kill L without drawing suspicion to himself.

Even if he could find L's name while being surrounded by people that already suspected of them, he had to find a way to divert their suspicion and improvise to find a way out. He also got in trouble due to Misa as he was very close to defeat when she was captured.

For all issues season 2 had, I think it was nice how each lost on a 1 vs 2. L lost to Light and Rem, and Light lost to Near and Mello.

His job was to get evidence and convict him

Light was to continue doing what he does while avoiding getting found out and taking out L

Finding out L's name was just as hard. Rem and Misa is the one who got him locked up in the first place

>lelouch would somehow find out who kira is

He's not a detective or on the force, he would not be able to do shit

L was canonically smarter than Light
My money'd be on Light against Lelouch

Lelouch already won by getting a third season.

They would probably join forces. Light would start killing the Britannian agressors and leaders after the invasion of Japan.

Poor Lulu, no Area 11 resident, but an orphan at such a young age.

Light would probably end up betraying Lelouch to follow his own megalomaniacal visions, though.

>You will Obey Zero

Irrelevant, whoever manages to kill an immortal inherits the Code.

If Light knew Lelouch as Lelouch Lamperouge, Lulu's days are numbered. It wouldn't be horribly difficult to discern or at the very least guess who he may be. There is no negative in the Death Note to fucking up the name.

Light could just theorize it MIGHT be him and write down Lelouch vi Britannia as a test. Either it kills him or it doesn't. Additionally, if he wrote down Lelouch Lamperouge and it failed he would have far more reason to suspect he is in fact the prince.

That's true, but do most people really know about all the princes and princesses? Especially someone like lelouch who 'died' before he could really come to the public.

I'm out of the loop, is that really what they're going to use to justify him being alive? Because that's objectively wrong. After VV died, CC is the only one with the code, and since she's still alive, he can't have taken hers.

Before Charles disappeared, he gave the code he took from VV to Lelouch.

What the fuck?

I mean, it's at least PLAUSIBLE, but somehow manages to be even dumber.

>tfw they stole the fan theories of ledouche getting the code just to make s3

It's literally a show featuring immortality. Lelouch literally fulfilled all the requirements to get a code. It isn't exactly that far fetched. The ending was extremely open ended. I never understood the people who outright denied Lelouch could've survived.

I forget, did Lelouch's manipulation of Euphemia ever get found out?

Because if it didn't then I'd say Lelouch would win.

Is it true that the original Nip ending had lelouch as the cart driver shown at the end? I've seen the clip on youtube but kinda hard to believe when it's nowhere else.

Depends, do Lelouch's commands, or the Death Note's included details take priority?

It is almost fanon among fans and actually makes sense. Weird that you didn't know about it already

I don't pay attention to fan theories on principle. The cart driver argument I dismissed for the reasons I already described, and I never heard about him getting it from Charles. Like I said, it's a better explanation in that it's not IMpossible, but given the fact that it was never hinted at in any way and wouldn't make sense in context for Charles to just give it to Lelouch (remember, he was trying to throttle him just before he was unmade from reality), it's still a dumb explanation.

Although I suppose there's really no way you CAN revive a series with such a neatly-tied-up ending without some pretty serious asspulls.

CG is full of asspulls though
We don't know how Codes works so maybe it jumped on Lelouch all by itself, who knows.

Don't go making up rules on your own, user. Unless it was in one of the spinoffs, it was never stated exactly how taking Code works. It could just remove immortality but leave the subject alive in their current state.

It wasn't intentional, iirc the theory goes that the Code was transferred from Charles' hand to Lelouch's neck because he was trying to strangle him as he died.

That's SLIGHTLY better, but I really don't think there's a way to play this that won't come across as lazy writing.

kek, who the fuck watches CG for good writing. As long as they make it believable enough and fun it's fine.

There were a fair number of things the creators did in the anime that they really wouldn't have had to, had they not planned for Lulu to survive, or at least have a proper, sensible way to explain his survival.

I have a better screenshot compilation saved on my computer, but you'll have to make do with this.
Note the timestamps

Light fucked by ever letting the police know that there's a Death Note

If he never did that, they and L would basically have *nothing* to do on. They wouldn't even be able to confirm that it's the work of humans, outside of rampant speculation

Never mind, found it

Light is the better strategist and only lost due to someone else's nonsense so the story could end. Lelouch fumbled too much.

Light.

Like Lelouch?

Lelouch no contest but Light is honestly a better character.

I feel the opposite. Light would win but Lelouch is a better character.

That argument relies heavily on circular reasoning and cites examples that can just as easily mean something else.
>Lelouch fulfilled that promise by not dying in his assault on Damocles
>Lelouch wasn't isolated because over the course of the series, he still had people he was close to

non of them. they would agree on ruling the world

Lelouch always wins. Light was a loser.

Does the Death Note work on a name change?
Does the Death Note work on a feral child who never got a name?

He wasn't pussy. His goal required living as long as possible. If he could have somehow achieve the virtual immortality of the shinigamis, he would have. It was also a pride thing because he wanted to prove he could succeed without them.
Possibly, both want a better world. But their egos would clash and eventually result in the two turning on one another.
>Lelouch always wins.
Haha, Light always wins, and then he lost at the finish. Lelouch got his ass handed to him a number of times, but he won in the end. The end is what matters.

The problem isn't that he's stupid, it's that he's a narcissistic compulsive genocidal asshole. Light went on a fucking murderspree the moment he laid hands on the Death Note, and made similar mistakes time and time again. He never did anything efficiently, because he was too obsessed with himself to notice that he was getting cornered until he had fallen into yet another avoidable trap. Reminds me of Ted Bundy in a way.

Lelouch is far more competent, and he gets bonus plot armor points for still hanging on to his sanity and morals to so some degree, and the only reason Light could win is because the Death Note is a bullshit power.

Light would outsmart Lelouch.

Light would kill that pussy in no time

Lelouch. Light lost the moment he fell for L's "live broadcast" bait, and that wasn't even good bait

Light constantly puts himself at risk despite having an untraceable magic murder tool because he's a retard while Lelouch tends to get his army to do shit for him. Light would probably do something stupid like sign up for the Black Knights to get closer to Zero then get manhandled, geassed and die.

>Guy who lost in his story
vs
>Guy who won
Why do you normalfags come up with the dumbest powerlevel wanking threads?

>Light went on a fucking murderspree the moment he laid hands on the Death Note
No, he got the book out of boredom and tried it out on a criminal to see if it was legit or just a joke. It worked but in order to see if it wasn't just a coincidence, he tried it out on another douchebag. Confirming it's real, he freaks out over the power, but then reasons he's always hated the injustice in the world ("the world is rotten") and he can carry the responsibility of using that evil power for a good cause and become a deity. And so the murder spree. His commitment transformed him into an evil motherfucker; without DN, he returns to a good boy who hates injustice, including murder.

Light was arrogant and found himself in trouble, but he had found his match in L, who could recognize and exploit his weaknesses, and he had confidence (given to over) he could get himself out of any jam. He and L had challenged each other and he was out of kill him.

Lelouch also kills people right after getting his power, including his own brother. He even smirks because geass is his wish come true. He now can fulfill his desires.
>Lelouch is far more competent
He almost gets caught by Cornelia in fucking episode 7 because of his arrogance, turns his little sister into a genocidal maniac by 'accident' after an entire arc showing the geass can go haywire, abandons his army because 'muh Nunnally' and gets caught. That's S1.
>Death Note is a bullshit power
The book with a ton of specific rules vs looking someone in the eye and making a command. By the end, Lelouch was outright turning people into slaves. Far more bullshit than a Death Note.

It's irrelevant. Light is written as a genius but believable person. He doesn't play around things he doesn't know, and he lets the whole "godhood" thing get ahead of him several times throughout the story. Hey may have won, had he known from the start that he was against people like himself.

Lelouche is written by someone who wants to write a smart character without coming up with anything particularly clever. He pre-records entire conversations with two people (neither of whom are particularly dense and would be impossible to predict in a conversation), sways an entire fucking resistance movement without being particularly charismatic, and generally pulls random bullshit uses for his geass out of his ass.

It's like asking who'd win in a fight between Geralt and Goku.

That would actually be a pretty interesting crossover.