Naruto was at its absolute best during the Pain arc and should have ended there...

Naruto was at its absolute best during the Pain arc and should have ended there. Everything that came after it was a fucking abomination.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XoCXVGl8y4g
youtube.com/watch?v=7I6QbXrL5TE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did he even keep his promise to Nagato?

MY PAIN

IS SELF-CHOSEN

No.

Well, didn't he? He didn't kill Orochimaru or Kabuto, he sealed away Kaguya and he saved Toneri from dying. The cycle of revenge is basically over except for however many Otsutsuki alien randos are out there.

at least you have this horse shit to fall back on

youtu.be/XoCXVGl8y4g

It was fun but Madara was by far the highlight of the entire thing.

I thought Obito starting a world war over a loli was pretty great especially when the loli praises him in the afterlife.

>get revived lol

>create a badass character
>dude he's actually a puppet controlled by an anorexic emo cripple lmao xdd
god fuck nagato

Nah, Madara was shit. Just pure power level fantasy and nothing more, and we already got that in abundance with the other Uchihas. I'm one of the few people who are glad he got cucked out of being the FV of the series.

They're never going to stop milking this shit are they?

Nope. Even if we discount the start of the Bolt manga, he never found an answer. The cycle of hate may be over for now but, one day, when Naruto's generation has passed it will all start again.

His pain was not painful enough.

You're just buttmad he made your precious Pain look like a genin chump.

this show would have been much better if its fillers were higher quality and based on akatsuki shit, not ninja moms. Also if it stuck to the whole chakra limits and strategic planning as opposed to nuclear bombs

>all girls useless the entire time
>suddenly the last boss is a useful bunny.

>Obito only came back to help Kakashi because he would've gotten cuck'd in the afterlife.

>he made your precious Pain look like a genin chump

Madara made the five kage look like genin chumps. That's what made him a bad character and a blatant Gary Stu.

The only one who could have ended all wars was Madara.

He had an answer. He was going to send everyone into the Matrix to have a wonderful, happy, and never ending life.

Instead Naruto stole that from everyone.

The universe is already on a set course that we are all puppets to. The only difference between this world and the infinite tsukuyomi is that Madara told you about the strings before he started pulling them.

The anorexic part was because he became a host to Gedo Mazo. Cripple was because his feet got blown off by Hanzo.

Pain was just meat suits used by Nagato, so they were just emo all along.

What? Pain was already well outclassed by a lot of characters by the time Madara arrived. That's just power creep, which is a problem for this series in general. No, Madara was simply a boring and terrible villain.

>He was going to send everyone into the Matrix to have a wonderful, happy, and never ending life.
It was an illusion and eventually everyone would have died after their real bodies failed.

It couldn't have worked either way because the whole thing was a trap by black Zetsu to tranform the whole humanity in zetsu fodders.

Wouldn't they get absorbed into the tree?

>being so retarded that you can't even understand NARUTO
naruto broke the cycle of hatred when he brought sasuke back to the village.

this was really explained directly to you in like the last lines of the anime/manga by sasuke

Sasuke should've been a girl.

ALSO it's important to note that naruto never said that nagato was wrong in his theory

"sharing of pain" in order to understand one another is a huge theme in naruto and is one of the central messages that this show has

it's just that nagato went about it in the wrong way by killing endless amounts of people

> by the time Madara arrived

Litterally just before that Nagato completely outclassed SSJ Naruto and Bee in seconds even though his legs were still crippled.

It's only after the power creep starting with Juubi Obito that he becomes really outclassed, and even then he's still stronger than anyone that didn't directly get powerups from the sage.

>naruto broke the cycle of hatred when he brought sasuke back to the
Clearly, he didn't, since Boruto happened. Try again, faggot.

That's just temporary.

Only temporarily. It will start back up again.

this

>"naruto broke the cycle of hatred"

whoops

>boruto
>canon

Naruto and Nagato's idea of breaking the cycle of hatred has to do with war between the villages. Naruto united the 5 main villages through the bonds he shares with the 5 kage.

This doesn't apply to rogue ninjas

That's why we have Sarada.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, man.

And the minor villages still get eternally fucked over.

wtf is this

The five villages united because of Madara/Obito declaring world war.

They united because they wanted to protect naruto, gaara gave that speech talking about how naruto protected him in front of the entire ninja alliance

>Creator & Editor: Masashi Kishimoto

The results of Naruto's "answer"

Why does he look like SS2 Goku?

They would have united regardless, as most frenemies do when facing an actual existential threat. Gaara's speech just changed when it happened.

Protect him from a common enemy. That enemy is gone now, and conflict has already reappeared.

>dude he's actually a puppet controlled by an anorexic emo cripple lmao xdd
The concept of a person imbuing corpses with his own powers and personality was fucking amazing. Nagato himself was fine, Kishimoto just decided to sacrifice genuine storytelling for the sake of the typical feelgood Shounen garbage.

>konoha destroyed again
lol wat

Naruto's idea of peace is a never-ending quest of trying to bring people together, to share bonds and to share their pain.

That's what it means to be a ninja. "To endure." Naruto has to endure that never-ending quest as hokage.

Looks like his quest ended in failure.

Not between the villages.

>he thinks Naruto will stay "dead"
Either baiting or just plain retarded

Wasn't Nagato trying to stop shinobi wars with the tailed beasts acting as WMDs?

What about the minor villages?

The true path to peace is through ending the world of Ninja. To dismantle the elitist system established in the place naruto's world takes place and build something new and better based on tyranny and republicanism.

>What about the minor villages?
We don't know anything about them so there's no reason to talk about them.

Correct.

The Pain arc ended horribly, so ending it there would have left a poor taste in everyone's mouth. But nothing that came after was much better, so it's a wash.

Of course there is. If we aren't informed that the fate of the smaller villages turned for the better, then we can only assume nothing really changed and the status quo continued for them, which renders all of what Nagato wanted to achieve pointless.

>If we aren't informed that the fate of the smaller villages turned for the better, then we can only assume nothing really changed and the status quo continued for them
No, it just means that Kishi is an awful writer

Pain, Kisame and Oro were the only good villains. The rest were trash.

Agreed

>We don't know anything about them so there's no reason to talk about them.

Amekagakure was a minor village. Really. The idea of world peace, even more so in a setting in which child soldiers were the norm a single generation prior, just stretches believability for people; it's just a dumb concept that casts Kishimoto as hopelessly naive.

Even Nagato realized that people would lapse back into war unless he regularly nuked the shit out of things. But Naruto's peace is going to because he acquitted some criminal?

And it's not just war on a large scale that's out. We're told that Tenten actually has trouble selling weapons and knives to people as well. Seriously?

Obito was good.

youtube.com/watch?v=7I6QbXrL5TE

Mutually-assured destruction would have worked to stop major wars.

Nagato's plan would have failed though, because the world would have just united to stop Akatsuki and then divvy up the tailed beasts. The problem was the villages were incompetent at weaponizing the tailed beasts, and there were a limited number of them, so they made for shitty WMDs.

Nagato knew how to weaponize the tailed beasts, but made the mistake of hoarding them all under one roof. It just makes Akatsuki a giant target.

What he really should have done was taught the villages to better use the tailed beasts, so destroying villages was as easy as giving a command. Then the five nations would have at least been at peace.

The surrounding areas would have been fucked since they'd have no tailed beasts, but again that's the shitty part about using tailed beasts as WMDs.

It was good until Danzo's death.
Everything after that point was pretty boring, but the ending was ok. All in all Naruto left me satisfied.
I haven't read or watched anything after chapter 700 and I'm not really interested. To me the series ended there, cash-grab sequels need not apply.

Having a good fight doesn't make you a good character.

>MUH RIN
What a shitty reason to plunge the world into war.

>Kisame
>villain

Gary Stu's are only a valid argument for something that takes itself seriously. This is a fucking childrens comic with magical ninjas. He can be as strong as he wants because it's FUN.

Kakashi should have stayed dead and maybe take another pain out beforehand. Would have loved that and Naruto defeating the guy who killed both his teachers would be sick.

Nigger, Naruto took itself way too seriously in the War arc. It was only about fun in Part 1. Kishi was biting off more than he could chew, trying to preach philosophy about the casualties of war and human connections. So yeah, he's still a Gary Stu.

>What a shitty reason to plunge the world into war.
It worked though, she wet herself over his edge.

WHEN DO NEW DUBBED EPISODES COME OUT??

A huge part of what made it a good fight was tied up in his connection to Kakashi; everything about that scene is perfect and the contrast between their training session and the current situation in which they're attempting to kill each other made for some heavy emotional potency. Obito shook Kakashi to his very core and for a moment caused him to question his entire view of the world, because his entire view of the world had been tied into Obito and to what he previously believed him to me. None of the other villains had that sort of personal connection.

>muh rin
>implying that the loss of a loved one isn't a believable reason for an uchiha to go insane

Just piling on the extremity of a villains sob story, introducing rape or whatever into it, doesn't make for a better villain. Obito was tragic because of what he could have been.

>obito plunged the entire world into war, killing countless people and destroying entire areas in the hopes of getting his dream loli to notice him instead of the shounen protagonist he had as a teammate
>it actually worked
2nd worst karma houdini after orochimaru

So far, never.

All the chapters of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations so far have been a recap of Boruto: Naruto the Movie.

No new material. The only shit we've gotten is a few cliffhanger pages at the start of Next Generations.

Also some side stories, but they're too small for anyone to bother animating them.

>DUBBED

>the bigger something is, the harder

The Confinement Arc(Naruto's training with Bee+Gai vs Kisame) and the Kage Summit Arc were both pretty great.

Has this guy shown up in the Boruto manga yet
He looks like some stupid fusion of Naruto and Sasuke but I really want to hope thats not the case

Obito and Madara should have stayed dead. They were such bland characters compared to the other Akatsuki members.
Kaguya was ok I guess, given how little screen-time she was given, but she deserved way more characterization. If she had been introduced earlier as the main villain, instead of Tobi/Madara the last arc could have been much more interesting.

I just want to finish Shippuden in English.

A reminder that Sarada's original ninja outfit was much better than the slut-tier jailbait outfit in the Boruto manga.

That is the Boruto manga. He hasn't shown up again since Chapter 1.

>Obito and Madara should have stayed dead. They were such bland characters compared to the other Akatsuki members.

"Tobi" was legitimately a great villain, would go as far to say Aizen-tier. Then he was ruined with the Obito reveal.

>He looks like some stupid fusion of Naruto and Sasuke but I really want to hope thats not the case

It's Kid Buu after absorbing Naruto and Sasuke.

Wish he was a nobody to make him even more of a wildcard

I couldn't stomach the Kage Summit Arc. It's the lowest point for every Team 7 member other than Kakashi. If I had to refer to a single, individual panel within the entirety of Naruto's 700 chapters to represent the concept of "rock bottom," it would be the panel in which Naruto hyperventilates over Sasuke. Just awful. And that was after begging the raikage to spare an international criminal and letting Karui beat the snot out of him for Sasuke's sake.

I didn't like how he first started as a "joke" character, but yes, the Obito reveal definitely ruined him.

Yeah I have to agree. What makes it worse is that Kishimoto pretty much introduces a messload of new characters and barely fleshes them out. Heck, the ones he had already from the first part on top of the two introduced in the second(Sai, Yamato) were barely developed.

It's not like it's particularly difficult without breaking the storyline's flow seeing how it's replacement BnHA did it with ease.

Laughing hard at this. Holy shit I'm glad I stopped watching the anime after the chuunin exams, and stopped reading it a little after that.

Do you guys think Kishimoto originally wanted Sasuke to die as a villain but the editors stopped him because of muh fans?
I mean, he made Sasuke do some real dark shit, yet everyone forgave him in the end, and Sakura even married him for fuck sake. Pandering to the fans is important I guess, but not if you have to throw your artistic integrity in the bin. There's no way he didn't realize his storywriting was a mess, at least as far as Sasuke is concerned.

That's when the Naruto I loved as a kid died. Spazzing out over another male not liking you is a surefire way to make people hate a character.

reading Kishi's notes on Sasuke, its clear he had such a fucking hard-on for him. Like Sasuke was the edgy pretty boy he wanted to be as a kid. To have a favorite character as an author isnt bad, but it becomes a problem when you make the story's universe forgive said character for whatever they do (thats how you get mary-sues)

Honestly I just didn't like the Akatsuki in general until Pein.

Sasori was defeated by Chiyo, but is known for obbing to Sakura.
Sasuke asspulled the shit out of Deidara.
Hidan didn't even have a backstoy aside from being a random satanist-like follower.
Kakuzu had the same problem, but was nerfed from being Hashirama-leveled to jobber-leveled for Naruto's new technique
Itachi jobbed to Sasuke via "illness" which was never foreshadowed.

Aside from both Killer Bee battles and both Pein battles, first half of Shippuuden bored me to tears.

Hidan+Kakuzu Arc was unironically the best Shippuuden arc.

>Sasuke asspulled the shit out of Deidara.

How? Sasuke's using the elemental tree to his advantage was rather clever.

I liked Hidan and Kakuzu, I think their arc is one of the highlights of the series, and probably my favorite one.