What Are You Watching? - /wayw/

Lets get a thread going to just talk about what you're watching, and what you think of it. For those who are watching a show that doesn't have a general, or are watching something that's not current, come and hang out!

Currently watching 'A Certain Scientific Railgun', my only regret is that I didn't discover it and watch it with Sup Forums when it was airing

Currently watching Fate/Zero, I fucking love Alexander

I'm about to start Ajin

DUDE
VIDEOGAMES AND CONQUEST
LMAO

Alexander is the best. One of my all time favorite characters

This

The best monster girl show.

ITT: thinly bailed rec thread.

I have a massive back log of shows to watch, don't need recs. Just trying to make a thread where people can enjoy their shows, even if they're not the popular, current ones

Railgun is a lot of fun, just brace yourself with the change of tone that comes in Railgun S. The manga is way more consistent when it comes to tone (and better in general, you should read it).
Personally I'm on episode 8 of Saiki Kusou and I already think it's one of the better shows of 2016.
Backlog threads are the same thing.

Aw damn, hate to hear that about S. Thanks for the warning though. Hows Magical Index compare to Railgun, if you don't mind me asking? (Didn't realize MI came first, and I didn't pick up on a lot of the characters appearing for cameos)

In the lull between seasons I'm currently watching Haifuri. The girls are all cute, the first episode had some really nice character animation, but I don't understand how the problems they're having couldn't be solved by simply communicating. I'm only a few episodes in so I can't judge it for that yet.

Index is pretty much the staple urban fantasy with a harem lead, and splits the focus between magic on science (more emphasis on magic since that is the foundation of the series). Railgun S is an expanded, improved version of the Sisters arc in Index with more depth to Mikoto's development.

Both seasons of Index are okay with the biggest highs coming towards the end of season 2. Most of the fun is found in the LN though, especially where the anime ends. It all depends on your tastes, whether you end up liking it as much as Railgun.

>/wayw/
>>>/ag/

Currently watching Fate/Illya. I unironically enjoy it, not even for the lewd lolis, but I just enjoy the series.

After putting it off for ages I'm finally watching Nanoha, on ep3 now. Can't say I'm particularly impressed so far, but it's not bad either.

Watching Re:Zero since it's apparently pretty good. I'm on episode 7 and I gotta say it really is a nice, refreshing take on the "you wake up in a fantasy world" trope.

I'm a sucker for these time loop shenanigans and I hope I can see the MC turn to full on Homura-tier despair upon realizing he can't save everyone later on.

Watching space brothers. Regret not watching it with Sup Forums as it was airing. Super comfy.

What genre does it even qualify as? It doesn't feel like sol or a drama.

My thoughts exactly, people say it's boring sometimes, but it really is a nice fresh take on the genre.

Also, the best girl is amazing and her alone makes the show worth it

I liked Re:zero until the royal selection stuff happened. Then it went back up with episode 15 IIRC, then the rest wasn't really interesting for me.

Kore wa zombie desu ka. Spunky flat chest mahou shoujo is easily best girl. I like how every time it gets a little too close to being serious something ridiculous happens. Plot is absolutely retarded but for some reason this is my favorite kind of anime.

Anime that doesn't take itself seriously is the best. I'm gonna have to give it a shot, now that I keep hearing good things about it.

I wish I had more time to watch anime -_-

I haven't been watching anything really. Watched Scrapped Princess recently and was disappointed so now I've mostly been watching Sup Forums movies and reading manga for some 日本語練習

I've pretty much seen all the anime I'm really interested in so now its a hit or miss with more obscure gems.

Yeah, I don't know why but I've always loved ones where the characters just have fun. That's why I like SoL, harems and idol shows. Its strange but drama and serious themes sort of bore me. Once a show starts getting too serious I start to go to sleep. Fights are the most boring to me, but sometimes they're nice if done well. I was this way even when I was reading Harry Potter as a kid.

Battle shounen

I started watching Mind Game since most of Yuasa's works are buried in my backlog and it's high time I rectified that. I paused about 2 minutes in and I'm, having trouble starting it back up again. I feel like I haven't given it a fair chance yet but at the same time it's hard to keep going.

Finished Flip Flappers the other day, still trying to get over post ending depression

Started Girlish Number because I don't know

Pic related just ruined everything.

>Classicaloid
Because I like classical music and wanted to see animu perspective on it, a bit shitty, probably just listen to music whilst reading the subtitles.
>A Certain Scientific Railgun
I'm also watching this, so far the first episode is the best episode.

Did you also think Flip Flappers kinda fucked itself with trying to fit too many ideas into a very narrow time frame? I mean I liked it but the end was just too many things on top of each other. Maybe it's just me.

>/wayw/
Fuck off.

That's funny, I'm the complete opposite. I find I care less and less about the character interaction if they aren't important. Everyday chitchat is boring asshit to me, unless it's between characters who have gone through incredible shit together. Fights are my favorite part because it's the most honest exchange of personality that does not hide between wordplay. I can't really relate to characters who just talk all the time. Probably because I myself am autistic, but I'd rather watch a show for the mecha, and other machinery, or any kind of technical stuff like powers or even just harmless vehicles and tools, either biological or metal. Most character interaction is boring small talk and shit. I do like when characters have an exchange of ideas that isn't just babble though. I guess it's because I'm an autist, people are different I guess.

>-_-
Good thread.

As someone who's recently finished Nanoha, it's more interesting as a piece of history than as a series itself. That being said, it's still enjoyable enough, and some parts are pretty great. Nanoha A's does hold up better, I'd say.

It does provide a pretty interesting look at how much some things have changed in the last decade or so.

I was a little upset at first, but I kind of like the open ended stuff in retrospect. It leaves the door open for spin offs or sequels, and let's the fans try to decide what happened. I don't like shows that just tie things up with someone explaining everything, so I actually liked that there's a lot of speculation.

That being said, kind of sad they limited themselves to 13 episodes instead of 24

I'm stuck trying to figure out which part of my backlog to get to next. My physical backlog is almost 30 series long, and my digital backlog is even longer. Recently finished Lain, Big O, and Mai-Hime.

The Index novels were something I never expected to enjoy as much as I am. I watched the first arc of the anime, and it honestly didn't do much for me.

I enjoyed it.

Maybe it could have used starting the final arc an episode earlier, but I don't think it suffered too much.

It didn't fuck itself any more than any other show that tries to do the same thing. Plenty of shows (not just anime) struggle with pacing when they've only got a handful of episodes.

To be fair, I don't really think to much about that sort of stuff. I just watch and enjoy things (or not).

I think it's more that the actual core idea behind the ending wasn't very interesting so it padded it with a lot of sensationalist moments. Those moments are really what made the conclusion entertaining, but didn't really engage with the ending or with each other all that much, so the whole thing came off as eclectic.

You probably could have cut the entire bossrush to make the Mimi/Cocona focus more stable and holistic, but the bossrush and Yayaka's henshin was one of the highlights of the entire arc, while the Mimi/Cocona focus wasn't.

They seem to have structured the ending knowing that the framework wasn't really the part people would like about it. I don't really hate it for this since it did give us MUSCLE, a pair of amazing henshin sequences and the mutual confession.

I should rewatch that at some point, along with NouCome. Those were fun.

Locodol. I'm on the last OVA. Shit sucks, man. I wish there was a S2 because this is a really lighthearted and fun show.

I'm reading Rokujouma no Shiryakusha. It's okay but these motherfuckers are bullying best girl too much.

I dropped it, to be honest.

The story got way too serious about its lousy plot after where the anime finished. It should have focused on its strengths instead of trying to be exciting and dramatic.

Kill la Kill for the first time. I thought it would be good to catch up all Trigger anime because of LWA. Going to start episode 12, everything has been highly entertaining so far.

s3 never

I just finished Flip Flappers after starting it yesterday.

It was cute.

The first few episodes of Nanoha are pretty mediocre, lacking the tension, action, and generally over the top mahou shoujo shenanigans of the later episodes. But if you're enjoying it at all now then you're really going to have fun with the rest of the show.

I'm currently finally watching through Jojo's, currently on Stardust Crusaders. It feels good to finally watch something I've been hyped for since 2007.

Currently about to start watching Stellvia, since I'm a massive Nadesico fan and I've heard it described as its spiritual successor. Am I about to make a massive mistake, like when I watched Tytania because it was supposedly a "spiritual successor" to LOGH but was instead complete garbage?

hibikek S1

I was watching ZNS but dropped it after 2 episodes from s2 since the jokes were so random and not funny . Then started mawaru pinguindram (haven't finished it yet ) n then I started watching shingeki no bahamut which is very mediocre with some silly parts and stupid writing ! Droped after 9 episodes thinking to get back to it some day ! Currently at episode 4 from boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai ( I started watching it because of the character designs and the fanservice ) I must say that I'm enjoying this garbage more than the other shows I've dropped

Been watching Mob Psycho 100. Was on my queue during the summer but I was too busy. Enjoying it a lot though.

Also about to starts watching Zeta Gundam after starting the franchise with the original series.

>general
Fucking neck yourselves all of you.
Cancerous generals produce filth and brings no discussion to the thread.

Finally watching Nisekoi. I like it, and now I'm nearing the end of series 1, I want to continue to series 2, but I've been told by people on here it's terrible so I'm not sure.

I'm going to rewatch Welcome to the NHK. I feel like I need, I mean NEED to rewatch it for some reason.

/cute

I'm powering through cyborg 009 and hetalia, next up is shuffle! I've watched one episode of it I can already tell I'm not going to finish it but I'll give it 3 episodes maybe I'll change my mind.

Warning that some people dislike it after 12.

Personally, I think it goes off track a little, but still enjoy every episode

How is this general worse than your Sup Forums tier "APOLOGIZE" threads or shitpposting about waifus?

Sorry some of us just want to hang and talk about anime

It's a little over the place the first few episodes, but a plot actually starts a few in, and then it gets on track

Whoa what, why?

Just finished Magical Girl Raising Project. Kind of torn how I feel about it. I really liked it at first, but then I kinda stopped caring toward the end :/

Not sure why, but it might be because Everyone fucking dies, and the good characters die first

Nothing.
Fall Season ended and now I am waiting for Winter Season,

Chill out you autist

The gaps between seasons are backlog time. Get on it, user.

Just finished Dirty Pair Flash and Tamayura, Tamayura Hitotose and Dominion Tank Police are next.
Clearing my backlog is my new year resolution I guess.

Science arcs of magical index were the best imo

Same, great show. The lewdness is just a bonus :)

>:)
Fuck off

Another Momo thread, I see

>-_-
>:)
This is an underage forumfag thread and it shows.

He got quite angry when you quoted him.

I thought this was a joke but I'm in the middle of the third exam arc and it's feeling like a battle shonen.

> :)
i haven't been on Sup Forums very long but the rules say i have to quote you

Is that a plugin or a stand alone app. Drives me nuts when I can't find anime on BTN or CR

I've been coming here for a decade and the only emoticon that was ever given a pass was ;_;

But lately I've been seeing people reacting to it with disgust like any other. Newfags, the lot of you.

Tried watching Strike the blood, but after 4 episodes i realized i just can't into that kind of show anymore. Was expecting something better but the half assed plot and way too stereotipical characters turned me off. Trying to watch hibike s2 now, liked the first season.

It's Taiga ( taiga.moe IIRC) a stand alone program. It links with your MAL or Hummingbird account, and keeps track of what you've watched, alerts you when there is a new episode out, filters down sub groups, fetch torrents, and way more.
I couldn't keep track of everything I've watched without it, honestly.

On the contrary, there's been a stark lack of disgust towards emoticons lately.

>taiga.moe
Thanks. I'm slowly reaching the point where I can't keep track of it all. MAL is nice to keep track of what I've watched, but it kind of sucks at alerting me

>literally, LITERALLY 'anime general' thread
This has gotten out of hand.

RIP Hummingbird

Just finished Kill La Kill. Fun ride, but it was missing something, and I can't put my finger on what.
Planning to start Gochiusa as a comfy contrast.

>everything is a general
>discuss [insert anime here] = [that anime] general
>drawfag thread = general
>complain about x = x hate generals

Fuck you and fuck off from Sup Forums.

This is literally a general general, as indicated by the "/wayw/", stupid newfag.

Fuck off /qa/
If this thread was veiled behind Marii dancing in the krusty krab you wouldn't bat an eye. OP's only mistake was that /wayw/ shit.

>a thread not made everyday is a general

I bet you think that FGO thread is a FGO General too.

3rd episode of Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst

>fuck off don't complain about the /wayw/ shit also /wayw/ was a mistake
Kill yourself.

You have no idea what a general is, do you?

You're the one claiming this is a general. It's not even spammed everyday, and you call it a general? Wow, fuck you man. By your definition everything is a general now.
Get lost nerd. Go kill /ai/ first before fucking complaining here.

Many different breeds of autism in the world.

>has its own 'board name'
>not a general
>using 'nerd' as an insult
If there's just one reason this thread shouldn't exist it's because it attracts cancer like you and those emoticon faggots.

Why don't you go outside and get some fresh air, M'lord?

You couldn't have made a less cancerous post as an excuse to bump the thread? Why don't you go back to plebbit.

>emoticon faggots magically appeared outta nowhere as soon as OP made the thread
ok

I got this senpai.

Emoticon faggots are drawn to threads like these because the discussion quality is inherently low. Same reason you see them in other generals on the board, as well as liberal usage of 'lmao, rofl, kek' etc. Just a bunch of underage forumtards wanting to chip in with some shitty post to feel part of the 'comfy' circlejerk.

been reading some Fate/Stay Night plus Berserk
also the Persona 1 manga but that's more vidya I suppose

Dragon Ball GT. Not as bad as everyone says it is but it feels like one of the DBZ movies stretched out to series length.

While waiting for the next season to start I just finished Owarimonogatari and Koyomimonogatari today. Also have Kenshin on in the background while I play Rainbow6. Gonna try and get a few more shows done this week.

Couldn't handle GT to be honest. Kai is still by and far my favorite

Toradora. Had to leave halfway through ep. 24, which along with ep. 23 had me in tears. I'm such a faggot, but I don't care.