Why does world looks so much uglier now than it did 100 years ago?

Why does world looks so much uglier now than it did 100 years ago?

Because the world failed to take away power from (((them))).

Color photography.

>Why does world looks so much uglier now than it did 100 years ago?

DIVERSITY

I'd put it down to the fact that 100 years ago, it was more of an ordeal to take/develop a photograph, so people would've been more discerning in what they took pictures of. This, and that the physical copies of the photographs would have to survive like 70/80 years before being digitised, so only the best of those actually make it to us.

Also cheap, colourful plastics just look ugly, and over the last 100 years, we've gradually started to make everything out of them.

It used to be about being impressive

Now its about saving money

jews pushing multiculturalism

Jews abhor beauty. It's one thing to not seek beauty, or to be too incompetent to create it yourself, but I know of no other group that actively seeks to destroy beauty wherever they find it.

(((modern art and architecture)))

Degenerates are designing everything now. All the last good artisans have died without their knowledge being passed down because the "art revolution" commies wanted nothing to do with tradition. So art and design has reverted back to ground zero.

classic architecture thread?

people spend fewer time outside and care less

reconstruction of Dresden's old city centre

reconstruction of Frankfurts old city centre

It's cyclical. You can't have high architecture without a period of low architecture. Post-Post-Modern vulgar soulless shit.

I like it. I'm broken, pol?

Jews

This.

I wonder (((why)))

what do you mean?

It's a (((mystery))).

the new one looks x10 better, the lower just screams white imperalism into all those PoC faces. Im glad they took it down and gave it a fresh, modern look

FPBP as usual. Jews literally hate and detest beauty and order.

Because 100 years ago the Zionists, with their pincer attack of the Balfour Declaration in the west and the Bolshevik Revolution in the east, began their world war to destroy Western culture and enslave humanity.

When street lights look more elegant 100 years ago than they do now, you know there be some real faggot ass nigger sociopaths in charge. Hell, even that fucking road looks smoother than the road right outside the middle school in my town.
When are people going to start lynching the sly criminals and flat out incompetent shit heads who have risen up the ranks?

It's an demoralization process in the works for a long time, to destroy any sense of identity outside of economics; to erase the truth of nature.

We have been shifting away from objective morality, and it is a malicious project to seed their superiority into our subconscious...

Even the metric system, superior in utility and application, was used to plant into the heads of people the concept of ultimate relative experience and values, leading to forced equity

They want to discard any notion of goodness and beauty, and art/architecture is how our minds process our environment

checked and kek'ed

Even our calendar systems have been built to steer the way we think of time and history; ever wonder where "progressivism" came from? What are we "progressing" towards?

What objective measure determines "backwards" thinking and "forward" thinking?

It's built into our very structures of thought...

The movie "the matrix" is am amazing allegory once you see the mind prison in the very way we measure space and time, as precise as these systems may be for calculations

It has nothing to do with photography, dummy.

It started with Brutalism, a school of architecture that made everything ugly, and has given way to high tech architecture, which emphasises materials and textures over beauty and ornamentation.

Architecture, like so many things, was invaded in the 60's by liberals, and utterly destroyed.

John Quincy Adams decided not to adopt the metric system in America; he wrestled with the decision and was conflicted, admitting it was superior to the English Imperial in science.

But he knew who was leading the charge in France and the deeper motives and dangers in taking away autonomy from the illiterate populace

Unions

because youre in russia vodkanigger

because people who haven't received and processed the european cultural canon have come to dominate politics, economy and culture

They call themselves "modernizers". They seek for new stimulus, they feel they own the world and should do new things, because they deserve to leave something new, unlike what others did and in practice they simply do opposite of what existed

If beauty existed, then in their revolutionary modernization they create ugliness, if morality existed, then they propagate immorality, if tradition existed, then they propagate revolution

There are no more self-restrained, heroic people to follow and who would give example to others. This is just a constant escalation of emotionality, seeking novelty and new experiences, this shit will collapse inevitably

You are right from a modern architecture academic perspective, but the desire to destroy objective beauty and aesthetic value is very old

LePlace was a genius, and saw the danger coming.

I just saw the name Ray Kurzweil in my own archive and I had not made the connection. ..

These fucking people are the ones building A.I.

Jesus fuck I need to reread his books

Most major Dutch railway stations were bombed by the allies as well. I hope some of them will be reconstructed once, because I really like the 19th-century neorenaissance style which was common throughout the country. Hopefully we could travel from Amsterdam to Cologne by passing beautiful railway stations only in future.