Britain and France

Do the british have an inferiority complex towards France ?

Maybe because Normans (1066) ?

bump

Issou

Issou

G'day materoo, just a little lesson. You do not bump your own thread if you post in it without another poster already having posted.

Normans were Scandinavian faggot.

Why don't you and Britain just get a room already

you are closest most interesting neighbour to uk, and >we have had a shit ton of wars over the years

insults are a way of obscuring fondness; you should come to the uk and see how much we all insult each other

I don't have an inferiority complex towards the French. When we call you cowards, it's mostly bants.

You are the actual cowards for leaving the European project trough.

>bants

The irony is, the majority of people who call us cowards, are americans, an country who wouldn't exist without the help of France (Lafayette ect)

cannot tell if bait or just finnish

I don't think much about it tbhq. The whole hating the French was perpetuated by liberal comedians, as a safe and contained form of patriotic banter; as our economic and political integration with the French was highly developed and posed no actual risk of inflaming tensions between the two nations. The French were an easy and safe comedic target to get laughs. We can’t make fun of people we hate, that would be illegal (probably).

Sorry I'm too busy sucking Germany's giant black dong.

Nobody has an inferiority complex towards you since it would mean crossing the line of faggotry to unexplored levels in theory impossible that would bring an end to the universe as we know it.

Not really mate, the early scandinavians settlers mixed with the local french population for over 3 centuries before invading England

The Normans most certainly were French. The Norse settlers in Normandy were primarily an aristocratic and warrior elite, and they did not displace the majority of the French locals. Additionally they intermarried with the French, starting with the first generation of Norse settlers, including William's ancestor Rollo.

By the time Hastings was fought the Normans were culturally, linguistically, and in large part ethnically...French.

The myth that the Normans weren't French stems with the long history of English-French rivalry, and English discomfort over the thought that their ancestors were whipped and conquered by odious frogs.

Normans were Scandinavian, you pathetic wewuzing nigger.

Enjoy your new algeria.

issou

ISSOU LA CHANCLA CON Y EL BANADOR

arguments please?

We dont trust people with big noses

ISSOU LA CHANCLA

Exactly haha

The Norman conquest introduced a ruling class over England who displaced English land owners and clergy, and who spoke only Anglo-Norman, though it is likely many if not most were conversant in English from the second generation onwards. William of Malmesbury, a chronicler of mixed Anglo-Norman descent writing in the twelfth century, described the Battle of Hastings as: "That fatal day for England, the sad destruction of our dear country". He also lamented: "England has become the habitation of outsiders and the dominion of foreigners. Today, no Englishman is earl, bishop, or abbot, and newcomers gnaw away at the riches and very innards of England; nor is there any hope for an end of this misery". Another chronicler, Robert of Gloucester, speaking in part of earlier centuries, in the mid to late thirteenth century:

...the Norman could not speak anything then except their own speech, and they spoke French as they had done at home, and had their children taught it, too, so that important men in this country who come from their stock all keep to that same speech that they derived from them; because, unless a man knows French, he is thought little of. But humble men keep to English and their own speech still. I reckon there are no countries in the whole world that do not keep to their own speech, except England only.

Around 45%[1] of English vocabulary is of French origin, most coming from the Anglo-Norman spoken by the upper classes in England for several hundred years after the Norman Conquest, before the language settled into what became Modern English.

Normans french (and anvegins) ruled and shaped britain, look their motto, " Dieu et Mon Droit " , " Honni soit qui mal y pense "
The British Nobility spoke FRENCH DURING 300 YEARS !! ^^

Britain wasn't a country in 1066 and Norman's were English not French, they came from Brittany.
We pushed your shit up every 50 years for a thousand years and invaded and occupied YOU countless times.
All in all, no. I can say with 100% certainty no Britain ever in all history has had an inferiority complex towards the French

>Do the british have an inferiority complex towards France ?

No you have an inferiority complex towards us. It's why you're so bitter about everything.

They didn't come from Brittany, open you history book

>All in all, no. I can say with 100% certainty no Britain ever in all history has had an inferiority complex towards the French

Hahaha

In 1066, The Normans didn't exist, culturally, ethnically or even politically. After two centuries of inbreeding and cultural assimilation, the few dozens of Northmen who had settled in Normandy had become French, or rather, Franks. No one in the 11th, 12th and 13th century talked about Normans. No one. Terms like "Anglo-Norman", "Siculo-Norman" and what not are a thing of the 19th century. As a matter of fact, by 1066, Normans were more French than Aquitains, Provencaux or Toulousains... Even Bretons and Flemmish, who had stronger ties to the kingdom than the aformentioned southern people, still had their own language, and a somewhat distinctive culture. The Normans didn't, they just spoke a local version of french. Of the dozen of people that made France at the time, they were among those who had most assimilated to the "french" culture.

Secondly, the ost gathered by Guillaume was made up of Flemmish, Bretons, Normans, Poitevins, Angevins, and a whole lot of other people who came from the northern half of what was loosely regarded as the Kingdom of France. There was no norman army, because it was a coalition of french-speaking people, all vassals of the french king. I suspect 90% of his army didn't have an ounce of norwegian blood.

And this is why this whole bullshit is ludicrous. When knights from Provence, Lorraine, Flanders, Bavaria or anywhere did something worthy of note, well, nobody gives two shits about it. But when it comes to Normans, huho, boy, now we're talking. Serious business here. Why? Because British nationalism needed to find itself some great ancestors, who, if possible, didn't have anything to do with the French. So this whole "normans are awesome" myth was born, even though back then, no one in Europe couldn't tell the difference between a knight coming from Normandy and one coming from Paris.

nobody could ever have an inferiority complex towards france, the country that god hates the most

Your medias talks much more about us in general than we are talking about you

We are not bitter about anything, the two countries have different approaches but in the end reach the same economic standards

France had a smaller empire than us and everyone speaks our language not theirs. France is also butthurt that our meme about them being cowards spread like a forest fire and now French people are always depicted as being gay in movies.

Come on, you mostly had DESERT land

where was spain during WW1 and WW2 ?

I love the French desu. I think most British people do. Anything else is just banter and it's not our fault if Americans don't understand that. France is also up there with the top British holiday destinations, probably only below Spain.

If anything it always annoys me when I see the reddit-tier "surrender monkeys" humour coming from Americans on this board. It's mostly because Americans don't remember WWI. Millions of Frenchmen died side by side with Englishmen on French soil and it's generally something that's well remembered over here.

>Canadian auxiliaries
Amerimutt gratitude.

I came back to read the reply but it's too long EVEN THOUGH IT IS WROTE IN ENGLISH.

English language, the language with more french words than english words ? ^^

"A great number of words of French origin have entered the English language to the extent that many Latin words have come to the English language. According to different sources, 45% of all English words have a French origin."

Even Richard The Lionheart of England lived mainly in France and he did not speak English pretty sad ^^

That's the reason why there is a very important portugues community in France.
You want to compare your country and france in terms of economy ? arts? power ?

smelly smelly frog scum

If I remember correctly Richard the Lionheart spoke English he just hated it and preferred French. Btw mate the only person with an inferiority complex here would be you.

>asiatic humor

We had to fight the French, Germans, Sanish and Dutch for that sand and won against all of them. That’s why Euroweenies are so butthurt about us.

"EVEN THOUGH IT IS WROTE IN ENGLISH."

Again,
Bad argument

France got btfo by both napoleon and Hitler.
Brit laughs at frogs. Laughs from his island.

>*by napoleon

By fucking wellesley damn it! kek

Wrong...dna testing proves this false. Of course there was admixture and cultural exchange but ethnically Normans are Scandinavian...fact. See Jerome le Banner.

Americans are ignorant (not suprising when you know that the majority of americans think that pizza is a vegetable), without France their country wouldn't exist

And yes, they don't know WW1, they don't know Verdun ect ^^

>a fucking cock

Thank you based best ally fellow slayer of Frogs

I love muslim countries,
France and the UK are wonderful places

I know, I'm sorry we didn't finish the job in 1812 and unite the English-speaking New World under one flag

The French wuz KANGZ?

You mean the language forced on you by your Latin overlords? Just stop...this is getting embarassing.

france is our trashcan, those people are our refuse, and toilet water is a better alternative to french wine but fortunately people with good taste can have port instead of those two

>Wrong...dna testing proves this false. Of course there was admixture and cultural exchange but ethnically Normans are Scandinavian...fact.

I defy you to find one

You’re country doesn’t exist...looks like fucking Sudan and Morocco walking through Paris. What happened to you faggots?

Why would the British care about 1066? Thats an England thing.
Also, why is 1066 related to France? They were not French, they simply inhabited your land.

>Also, why is 1066 related to France? They were not French, they simply inhabited your land.

Tank you for reading previous posts

>Norman's were English not French, they came from Brittany
>Norman's
>from Brittany
>not Normandy
>'s
>Normans were magically English for some reason
so much retardation in this little phrase

They just coded it over the summer...you can find it in peer-reviewed journals anywhere...not your personal army faggot.

oh ! I upset you ? No arguments ?

I know it's difficult when you come from a country where you must pay to be educated...but Paris is not France.

Issou

>They just coded it over the summer...you can find it in peer-reviewed journals anywhere...not your personal army faggot.

>They just coded it over the summer...you can find it in peer-reviewed journals anywhere...not your personal army faggot.

What I find fascinating with Americans is your ability to be so sure of yourself even when you are plain wrong

Issou maitre course

Normans were Vikings that the Franks gave land to to solve their menace. A few hundred years later, it was the English that were rampaging against fat and soft Normans in Normandy. A young chick with the vision of God and nation was required to save France.

frogs are the saltiest people on earth

Wow William and his soldiers didn't lose their time

>Vikings paid by a Germanic French Emperor to settle their lands in exchange for conversion = French
My country is living proof you faggots consistently get BTFO by the British. Nelson didn't even destroy your fleet, he stole it.

sounds legit