Flip Flappers

This show is a masterpiece.
When I finished this show, moist eyes became tears, then crying, then sobbing. Not in sadness or even just in happiness, the reasons I might usually cry. This was an emotional release directed at the overwhelming and joyous realization of the very existence of the thing. At the very fact that this show is real, exists within our world, and is now part of my life. That every single hope and worry I’d poured into it for 13 weeks had been accepted and rewarded tenfold, a thousandfold, a millionfold beyond anything I could have dreamed. I cannot do it justice in words. No show has ever elicited the same feeling. Perhaps no show ever will again.

This is it. This is my favorite thing. What a feeling. What a show. What an experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/11/30/feature-queer-discovery-in-flip-flappers
someanithing.com/5968
someanithing.com/1763
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So this is the new KLK that everyone likes ironically?

Not even that good outside the animation, sadly. Which means everything else in 2016 was utter shit since FliFla is AOTY.

>since FliFla is AOTY.
Said no one ever

forty (40)

MP100 is better and has better animation so, no, 2016 wasn't all that bad.

So what you're saying is the show is worth watching?

>mfw

More than 10 people cared about KLK, so no.

I liked it, but it seemed like it was lacking some kind of X factor. I can't put my finger on it. Like the show was consistently good, but it never got me really excited for it.

Yes, absolutely.
I can’t describe how I felt when I realized that Flip Flappers was finally over, and that it hadn’t stumbled. That it hadn’t betrayed its own themes and ideas. That a show this perfect and meaningful and complete really could exist. Because the (masterfully executed) fake out scene had left me breathless, wondering if a story about genuine, ecstatic, boundless love was really going to fail in the last minute in the name of drama, tragedy, and all the other concepts that are far too often valued over pure unconditional happiness in our media.

It was the most boring shit I ever watched.

The ending was complete garbage, none of the characters except for Dr. Salt even had any character behind them, Yayaka's arc was just dropped and finished abruptly cause the show was ending and lmao we aren't giving her to Cocona, Cocona and Papika are annoying as fuck, Nyunyu's existence, Mimi was a terribly handled villain just for the sake of having one, and even the fucking animation quality dropped a lot at the end.

series sucked, suck it up and stop pretending the ending didn't ruin it all just cause it reminds you of Neon Genesis Gurren la Gurren for some retarded reason.

All those shows were better though.

I want to fuck coconas underage pussy until she starts to devour me and her umbilical cord is attached to my neck to suffocate me while Im cuming inside her little pussy
this could be pure satisfaction XD

>X factor
A lesbian kiss.

Only /u/fags liked it because of the yuribait which they call a "deep theme".

>Every Flip Flap thread will be a shitfest now because the redditors in Sup Forums didn't get their favorite anime voted as AOTY
The time for comfy threads is over, adieu Flip Flappers.

THIS
H
I
S

Personally, I blame the autist and his shit poll.

Flip Flappers - queer sexuality, fantasy and imagination, Jungian concepts, coming of age, identity

Rakugo - sexuality, art, modernity and tradition

Mob Psycho - coming of age, identity, formally inventive animation as otherworldly representation

Was this really necessary?

It's not like there is anything left to talk about.

>captcha: close close

Thread ends here.

The fucking PLOT ruined everything.

FliFla is AOTY.

Salt was a terrible character, his backstory poorly done and his interactions and relationships with the other characters even worse.

>queer sexuality
Kill yourself.

>queer sexuality
Fuck off /u/fag

I don't know if this OP is made to invite shitposting or not

Yeah. I haven't watched anime in a long ass time, but I bought a CR subscription because a friend of mine was ranting about Log Horizon like it was the second coming of Jesus and wanted me to watch it and some other shows with him.
I wanted to get value out of it, so I started with watching something as soon as I bought it. I was not prepared. It's like going to McDonald's and then opening the bag to find beef wellington.

the only threads that get replies are ones that invite shitposting.

Sup Forums sucks and has becomes stale.

This is what happens when Re:Zero fans shitpost an anime from butthurt.

All the faggots from the AOTY thread will do their best to shitpost here. There's a second bait thread up too.

Flip Flapperfags are so delusional they might actually think this

I don't think the yuri has anything to do with the "deep themes."
Papika could have been a boy, and it would have changed absolutely nothing.

No, it's a pasta.

>XD

How about u back the fuck off???
crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/11/30/feature-queer-discovery-in-flip-flappers

My sentiment exactly. I could appreciate what the show was going, with the way it used its visuals to characterize Cocona, foreshadow its overarching narrative and tell its story as well as the multiple references to Jungism, the concept of Umwelt, pop culture etc. But I don't think the show did a good job pushing me to actively examine those deeper layers (even though I still ended up doing it out of sheer curiosity), precisely because it never really managed to emotionally grab me like other shows I enjoyed more this year did, save for the exception of episode 6.
There's also the fact that save for the finale, the last arc was really weak compared to earlier episodes, and even said episodes could've benefitted from making the message episode 13 tried (and mostly succeeded) to convey a bit clearer.

All in all I'd still say it was a really good show, and I'd like to see more of those ambitious little projects in the future.

These are the people that harassed the director of their favorite show with a cringy postcard instead of buying the fucking BDs, so an autistic rant like OP is completely believable.

The person who wrote OP's pasta bought 10 BDs of every volume.

Is this your top 3 AOTY, user?

Pretty accurate description btw. I'd just replace "queer sexuality" with "yuri".

Is this bait?

with what money though?

basically this

It worked though.

Turns out the subtext is, guess what, just subtext, and doesn't replace actual narrative and characterization.
If you strip Utena of those and leave just the Jungian imaginery and the postmodernist Versailles no Bara redesign, what is left is flat uninteresting characters and a pointless bore, which is what FliFla turned out to be.

You can literally call almost any anime a masterpiece with deep themes of sexuality and coming of age. Hell, I'd say the fucking shitshow that was Yuri on Ice said more about sexuality than Flip Flappers and I dropped it after 5 episodes.

They're all terrible characters. They rely on visual quirks alone to get the audience invested in them. We're beaten over the head by proclamations of love and all sort of feelings, but giving nothing of substance to attach them to. Yayaki gets like one scene. Salt gets like one sequence. Cocona's only character trait is "she doesn't know what to do after middle school". Papika's only character trait is being madly in love with Cocona. Her reason for this is because she was madly in love with Mimi.

This fucking show is so close, but they just want to handwave all the details. They want to handwave the important shit and skip straight to the part where the characters are endearing and we care about their struggles.

This show will be entirely forgotten by fall next year. It is 100% style over substance.

That's like what, 6000 $?

Nah, none of the other side characters mattered much but had their moments of subtle characterization, Yayaka's arc had a fine ending, not an argument, Nyunyu is a Thomasson, Mimi's character perfectly fit the self-actualization themes and was a presence from the first episode symbolically speaking, animation quality is fine and will be fixed in the BDs, ending was good and a rejection of tragedy that haunts the genre.

>shit characters
>shit plot
>but hey its really pretty
Guess its a masterpiece because it used some cool imagery.

I just watched the first episode. It seems like I'm in for a wild ride.

More like a shit ride. Watch until episode 9 and then leave it, the show just shoots itself in the head after that.

You're so lucky you don't have to wait a week in between episodes.
Getting that first episode and waiting a week for the next was almost physically painful, and the wait only got harder as the show became more clearly exceptional.

>Cockona

>Papicunt

Episodes 1-3 are exceptionally interesting.

Episode 4-9 are hit and miss.

The rest is bullshit.

4-9 are fantastic you fucking faggot.

Not him but I can kinda see where he's coming from.
4 is a great and much needed wind-down episode after 3's crazy action and the character development was fantastic, but it's simply not as fun as the better episodes.

7 is hard to like until after you've finished the series and revisited it. The entire episode is basically playing with plot elements the viewer doesn't know exists yet. It's amazing on a rewatch but it's just not all that interesting on a first watch-through.

The rest are amazing but I can see where some people would consider that stretch to have some misses if they were just looking to enjoy the show week-to-week.

Episode 3 was the best episode this year

Where is this pasta from?

4 is all Cocona and Papika friendship building, how is that not fun?

7 is also fun because of all the crazy Papikas and because it's all about Cocona's character development too.

6, 7, and 9 were good.

4, 5, and 8 were really uninteresting.

someanithing.com/5968

>5 and 8
How is it possible to have taste this bad?

1-13 were great, the rest was hit 0/10 AOTY confirmed

What are you on about?
5 was great

/r/trueanime's AotY:
1. Flip Flappers
2. Rakugo
3. Sangatsu no Lion (March comes in like a Lion)
4. Mob Psycho 100
5. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
6. Concrete Revolutio: The Last Song
7. Space Patrol Luluco
8. Hibike Euphonium S2
9. Boku no Hero Academia
10. (tie) Occultic;Nine
10. (tie) Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt

>0/10

>random ass stalker blogger

yeah this about as much bait as the crunchyroll article
probably more so since fewer people would ever give a shit

>6
>good
m-muh alzheimers, le who are you, pls care for these literal who characters with less than 20 lines in total

I think pop's world was the only episode I wasn't totally absorbed with, but it was still alright.
They should've had sugar tits and four eyes doing more in the story from the outset, or interacting with other characters more, but you can only do so much in 13 episodes.

I didn't like it. It felt like a by the numbers, monster of the week magical girl show.

It's almost upsetting when there are legitimately people browsing this board who are so poor at communicating, so utterly bereft of an original thought or idea to contribute, that they would shamelessly copy-paste from blogs just to have something to put into the comment field of an OP.

Do we just have an epidemic of ESLs? Of Jungle-asians and hispanics that aren't yet confident enough in their english to put together more than a single sentence without falling back to spouting memes just in order to feel like they've contributed? Or is this just the level of the average Sup Forums user now, that they can't think or articulate for themselves so they just regurgitate, word for word, what opinion and diction is being peddled by their favourite cult of personality at the moment? Did this post just tumble down through OPs twitter and he figured a post on Sup Forums is as good as a reblog?

This is what is considered acceptable on Sup Forums now. Congratulations Flip Flappers, you've become a general.

And it did a better job of making me care about that character than the entire rest of the show did about the main characters.

5 is extremely well-directed and well-executed. We also got to learn a very important thing about PI, it influences you.

8 was Cocona's character arc coming to a head and also great fun.

Easily the worst anime ever but also the best.

Haha! i was only pretending to be retarded!

>moist eyes became tears
>then crying
>then sobbing
>then fapping

You mean "flapping," right?

I only have one flappable thing to flip, sadly.
Flipper's with flaps don't know how good they have it.

What's her surname Sup Forums?

Kokomine

Kokomine

Yorokobe, shoujo

Papika would think for less than one second before agreeing to adopting Cocona's family name when marrying her.

Kokomine Papika does have a nice ring to it.

I wonder what they would name their miracle offspring.

Girl = Nana
Boy = Paco

Dammit i meant Kana

He has a good taste though.
someanithing.com/1763

The question is how. They probly have to rely on the help of Frued to enter a PI where Papika can plausibly impregnate Cocona. Kind of hard to imagine without involving heterosexual phallic imagery.

Flip Flip!

does anyone have the psych reading recommendations that jung-sensei posted several threads ago?

-Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious
-Psychology and Alchemy
-The Man and His Symbols

and the red book

Cocona best girl

arigatou

A job that they really hate and only stays at so they can throw money at animu.

Can anyone explain to me this anime without spoiling the plot? my internet is dead slow (currently) and if I'm interested I'll go watch it now.