Anime is dying

blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/01/02/anime-financials-2016/

It's dying creatively/artistically. The overall trend is that the industry is going to keep getting flooded with idolshit, fujoshit, yurishit, moeshit, LNshit, waifufaggotry and chinkshit. Making quality anime is not lucrative business anymore.

>moeshit

>most sales coming from whoring out anime to chinks and pachinko

Just cuck my industry up

People will take this as representative of the late night industry which isn't really true. It makes things like BD sales look completely unimportant but to late night anime they are still a significant source of revenue even with things like streaming becoming more important. A lot of that merchandise and overseas income is for kids shows and big shonen franchises and the like.

>Miyazaki

That's why I like fresh shows like flip Flappers and Re: zero. I know you fags hate those shows, but they're at least original.

Also AOTY and AOTY runner up. Check and mate.

>anime is dying
>actually read it.
>In conclusion, we’ve seen the continuation of market shifts in 2016 from last year. It’s an exciting time to watch how the finances of each production have shifted in response to things like declining home video sales/rental sales and towards streaming. Looking at the committees this year, I continued to see a lot of diversity in production financing (meaning a lot of companies on various shows like Flip Flappers and Yuri!!! On ICE), which is minimizes damage. Splitting the risk of a show over multiple companies means that a loss wouldn’t affect one as badly as it would with a smaller committee. Will we see that next year? Again, we’ll have to wait and see. Overall, things are still looking good for the future of anime. The companies involved in financing productions are finding ways to earn their money back, and more shows do indicate a lot of support somewhere. While there are some worrying points (are we past the amount that can be done at the same time?), I’m much more hopeful after seeing the rise of international rights money this year compared to last year.

Wow. It's fuckin nothing.

Yeah it doesn't actually say that at all. It's just OP clickbaiting because nobody would care if it was reasonable. Same reason Miyazaki is the image.

Anime has been proudly dying for the past thirty years and I wouldn't have it any other way.

>fresh shows like flip Flappers and Re: zero.
Well meme'd my hipster friend

I assume he genuinely wants to see a discussion occur so made the OP as baity as possible in the hopes a genuine discussion would end up emerging from the shitposts rather than this thread just going straight to page 10. Or he just wanted shitposting.

>sakugabooru

I'm just worried for the day when the industry becomes to cagey and risk adverse to allow for hilarious trainwreck shows.

>but they're at least original

Their opinions are shit but this kind of factual information you really aren't getting from anywhere else in the western fandom. Kind of like how ANNa opinion pieces are shit but their database is probably the best English language resource for staff information.

Nice blog.

Please the moment OP put the words
>It's dying
in his opening post you should know he just wants a shitposting thread.

Those words have no impact to create real discussions nowadays, only newfags get baited easily right away.

Yeah that one producer said last year that BD sales basically make or break
how successful a late night anime is.

>One avenue that has had a lot of work carried out is mobile apps. In addition to things like Aniplex’s Koyomimonogatari
>While I can’t speak to the financials of this as they’re not revealed, it’s definitely an area to watch for in the years to come.

Stop this.

>genuinely wants to see a discussion occur
Putting a shitty OP like that is the guaranteed way to get mainly shitposters.

Learn to read.

>actually read it.

no, you didn't or you're too stupid to understand what these trends and developments do to anime industry

I can't wait till Miyazaki dies, then we'd have one less old man yelling about stuff and retards who listen to his every word.

Finally. Let it die.

>shilling for the cancer that is sakugabooru

Kill yourself OP

re zero is literally steins gate

>too stupid
Enlighten me.
All I see is an influx in movies made, but a reduction in BD sales making TV shows more profitable in the long term. I'm also reading about collaborations to make original series less of a gamble for companies involved.
Also, there's a market for app games. News at 11.

>my thread
lol

Why are Chinks watching anime? Aren't they supposed to hate the Nips?

Grandpa, the war's over and it's already 2017.

>>>/global/rules/7
>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.
Please lurk at least two years before posting.

The only problem is western fags infecting everything.
Soon we can't even have a girl be a girl or they'll demand that the studio be shut down.

The youth do not know of the brutality their forefathers experienced at the hands of the Japs so all in forgiven

Why would they watch it? I'm sure Japanese animation studios give them so much material that they can fucking steal.

You mean torrent you fucking hypocrite.

>my thread
My sides.

Try making your bait thread a bit later next time OP, there are more newfags around that time.

I can't wait till his haters die. Then we'd have less edgy teenagers who can't appreciate good anime and detect low quality bait.

Civilization is dying faster. At least I can enjoy fapping to my waifushit.

>implying I don't have a cr subscription.
No one makes money off of torrenting, ass wipe.

if you want to advertise, buy a banner

Sakugafags, everyone.

What is Your Name?
It is on pace to BTFO spirited away.

I just want to go back to 2006.

>anime is dying says increasingly old fart for 21415th time

>keep reading about pachinko shit throughout 2016
>finally google it
>it's just some stupid fucking arcade machine

Japan is stuck in the 70s???

Come back in 5 years and see if anybody still cares about Your Name.

Tell that to Las Vegas. Or oh, any other country with a gambling industry (aka all of them).

>the war's over and it's already 2017
Guess the Nips built their first aircraft carriers since WW2 for no reason then. Surely Chink aggression was not involved in this decision.

But why would gamblers give a single shit about what cartoon is scrawled on their addiction machine?

>Now you can clickbait on Sup Forums too!

This is a horrible trend and I want it to stop. What do you even gain by misrepresenting this article, OP? Do you want (you)s that badly?

It is gambling, not just a game.

>anime is dying

2017 will save anime

You ever seen some of the slot machines? They've got shit like batman etc on them.

we should've bombed them even harder.

It just a way of differentiating the machines all slot machines have different logos and shit on. If you like a particular show you might be more likely to pick that over another thus people pay to license the shows for pachinko.

People still care about hoshi no koe, 5wallpaper/s, cat and feet fetish xmas cake after more than a decade.
What make you think it would be different for Your Name?

China and Taiwan has plenty of collaborations, where businesses happily invest with each other while their people happily consume each other's media and their celebrities happily travel between the two for movies and other projects.

Yet the moment someone says merger/reclaiming Taiwan, they're back to being enemies. It might be a bit complex for you to understand, but humans aren't in a binary state of 'either X or Y'. Especially since people aren't a hivemind and you're comparing the actions of the older generations with a hobby consumed mainly by the younger generations.

>People still care about
Those who are already anime fans do. More mainstream audience don't. But they still care or know about Miyazaki movies. You're comparing between entirely different groups of people.

I have been watching anime since the mid 90's.

While 2009 till about 2013 seemed like a pretty dark period, with lots of declining sales and people declaring anime dead or just shit for otaku, I feel like the industry has turned itself around in the last few years.

The foreign market has started to expand a lot again thanks to streaming. Anime doesn't seem to be the pariah it used to, anecdotally I feel like I'm running into way more people who watch or are interested in the shows. In gaming and other podcasts I listen to, the shows actually get mentioned now, instead of anime just being used as the punchline of a joke.

Shows also seem to be way bigger hits recently. I was shocked when I went to a theater for the Madoka Rebellion movie and saw a mostly full theatre. That kind of enthusiasm seems to have really snowballed. Kimi No Na Wa has been the most obvious colossal hit, but Attack on Titan was gigantic. RE: Zero overpowered everything else while it was airing. One Punch Man broke out to massive popularity and Jojo seems to be going through a brand new surge in popularity. The audience seems huge now.

One of the side effects of the bigger market is that smaller and niche shows can get made. And over the last few years, those shows have been getting made. For the most part, they aren't huge breakout hits, but they do find an audience and make their money back. This is because all of those ____shit shows are there to bring an audience into the medium.

People have been saying anime is dying since Sup Forums has been a board.

Kimi no na wa just made a trillion billion million dollars and koe no katachi just made billion million dollars.

60% of the people who want to do some kind of acting in nipland would rather be a voice actor than a live actor.