Hibike! Euphonium

Why do people say Hibike isn't about the music? It has perhaps the most actual music in any 'music anime', nearly 50 minutes including repeating and failed pieces, as well as solos.

u.nya.is/phdinm.webm

because ADHD

Because they're too busy asking for forced and rushed ships and then wasting more brain power drawing characters have their faces lopped off and then burned, or something.

>hibike threads are getting rarer
Help me fill the emptiness in my heart with cute oboes

S2 should've been 2 cour so it could fleshed out Mizore and Nozomi more, make them more relevant, also more anime original content and a S1 like structure; more homogeneous and not so much divided into clear 'arcs'.

Got to keep making these threads for the desperate yurifags to overanalyze every single scene to keep their delusions satisfied.

The Mizore shit ended at the right time and was already getting boring.

That's why I said it could've been like S1, have the Mizore and Nozomi drama buildup in the background for a while as we get anime original stuff and more scenes with Kumiko and Reina, they were lacking in S2.

It should have ended at S1.
I love Hibikek, but the pointless sequels are getting tiring.

I'll still love this cute oboe

There's no way it has more music than Nodame, but that shouldn't even be an issue since a show that focused entirely on music would be boring as hell for everyone except music nerds. Characters have to come first in a good story.

How much music do you calculate there is in Nodame

Because hiring a whole orchestra to play more than 2 or 3 songs must be expensive as fuck. That's why it's rare to hear a whole orchestrated soundtrack unless it's a triple AAA production.

Anyways, it doesn't justify them. Hibike is a triple A production, and Kyoani and Lantis make a fuckton of money so 50 minutes of actual music in a "musical" anime, it's just to stingy

The thing about Nodame and Shitgatsu is that the characters are monologuing while playing/listening, usually thinking how good the piece is, production doesn't go out of their way to record several versions of the same piece and animate them. Kids on the Slope is closer to Hibike but the animation is rotoscoping garbage and I hated the characters. Beck has slightly more music than K-On!.

>nodame is just STILLS: the anime
>kids on the slope is rotoscoping
Suffering

The first season was about the music, as each performance was the subject of a major story arc. In the second season, they perform just as much, but the only one that was at all built up was the competition.

I wanna bully the ribbons

Ribbons is made for ryona

Who is the most realistic Hibike?

Kumiko, Asuka, Aoi, Kaori and Haruka act like actual real human beans. Reina's autism is too exaggerated but still likable.

Asuka's mother

Nozomi and Kaori.

This question hurts me the most as I know there can't be a cute autist like this Oboe in real life...

Kumiko, Asuka, Ribbons

Symphogear and any Macross have more

'No'

OVA soon

Because Nodame exists.

>not having moved to the superior ship

For the same reason people say a bunch of shit, because they're fucking idiots. Some of the best scenes in Hibike are those long musical sequences, though I wouldn't be surprised if there are some ADHD kids who skip those.

And it has less music than hibikek

Because what they seem to be expecting is an animated documentary detailing the process of playing music and advancing in competitions, with the full piece always played. Which would not make for a very interesting show for anyone but the most dedicated music nerds. And anyone who was in band in school will tell you that a show like this that lacked all that character-based drama is laughably unrealistic.

To be honest, Hibike is NOT a show about music. Its an adolescence drama.

It could be set same exact way in Basketball club, cheerleeding club, art club, school chorus etc

Wind music club is just a backdrop for the actual focus on characters experieincing new things, personal drama and relationships as well struggle to achieve goals and conflicts in collective rising from it

Real anime about music is tonkatsu-dj and Detroit Metal City

It was buchou who did this right?

I still can't forgive KyoAni for skipping the final performance entirely. I was hoping for budget-smashing ear-shattering most beautifully animated musical performance ever, but what I got is Taki's hand.

Well he has nice hands.

Exactly. About the only thing about band that differs from the other possibilities is that the team is bigger, so more people, so more drama potential.

>Taki's hand

With good and non-lewd intentions

Buchou's a thirsty woman, she'll probably get pregnant on college

It's a shitty shipper anime that betrayed /our guy/

It's the boys themselves. Remember, they're treated like pack mule. They want to lessen their burden.

Definitely kaori

She can't be real because her powerlevel is too much for this fragile reality to handle.

I find that I watch all two seasons for him. He's pretty cool even though he only appeared a little every episode.

She's too autistically cute to exist

Strongly agree. The second season could have used more padding, and simply more of the KyoAni flavor that the first season had.
A good example of this is that I also felt like the Umaku Naritai arc, which felt like such a spotlight point of the first season and movie, was concluded in a very glossed over way in the second season. But of course, that entire arc for Kumiko was completely original.

Well, at least the first season is still good.

S02E05 remains the best episode of the series.

never thought I'd say that on Sup Forums ever but I totally agree.
It's not like they played the same old shit. It would be fine to skip the first piece they played again in the first arc of S2 at the concert, if they at least did the free choice piece which switched every time if I understand the novels correctly.

The first piece was so groundbreakingly good in the first season because we saw the whole cast pour blood, sweat and tears into perfecting their part, and us seeing that part then.
First concert should've focussed Oboe's Solo.
Second should've been Euphonium Circlejerk and maybe even some Shuu1 Trombone because he had his own battle (not really touched in the novels as well tho).

But what we got is Taki's hand.
And again the first piece in the anime original 13th episode.

I started watching Yuri on Ice to fill the hole that Hibike Euphonium has left inside me.

>there is more ice skating in Faggots on Ice than there is music in Hibikek
>there is more heart warming homo shit in Faggots on Ice than there is in Hibekek
>there is more original music in Faggots on Ice than there is in Hibekek

It's just not fair.

AND IIIIIIIIII-III WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUU

Would you a teenage Matsumoto-sensei?

You mean episodes S1e5/8/13 and s2e1/5/9/11/13 are all the best episodes in the show.
S2 e 11 is the third best KyoAni episode ever.

Problem with YoI is that it's always the same old routine they show, which is what Hibikek tried to avoid by leaving out the last performance.

>S2 e 11
>Reina being autistic: the episode
>best anything

Did we really need to see the same songs performed a third time?

> Especially boys
Why the fuck I'm not a Kitauji student!!?

What are you going to do now that Hibike is over?

>could've joined and befriended oboe

Yeah replace that with S2 e 10. I'm just too stupid to remember episode numbers.

Wait for continuation. Also I'm a KyoAni whore so I'm watching whatever they're shitting.

I'm looking forward to Maid Dragon and LWA this season, though I can tell that the threads for the latter are going to be just awful already.

I'm legitimately interested in Maidragon.
Also watching LWA

Gloat about how oboe will never be real

> though I can tell that the threads for the latter are going to be just awful already
I've noticed this too and it's very disheartening.

Here's what I usually do:
Leave Sup Forums during the show's airing and only come back after it ended.

It works wonder for my sanity.

Hypotetically, if we could have joined and tried to befriend some girl, I think Kaori would have been by far the most popular choice amongst the rest.

> Sociable, kind, polite, cute as fuck, sexy and easily approachable.

Say whatever you want but in RL, a girl like that it's always a virgin dick magnet.

This

>implying that Kumiko isn't secretly in love with Shuichi

>file name
got me good

Two questions:
> Which band section would you join if you could?
> Would some of the girls influence your choice?

Either Tuba because they're the most fun section or Bari Sax to bully Bucho.

What I would've loved to see, in the performance we missed, would be progression of skill throughout the song. You could tell at some points in the season that everyone's skills have gotten better. They are able to play their notes cleaner and at the end of the 3rd season it would've been nice to see how much better they were.

It would've been cool to see Reina practicing the piece that Taki gave to her when she was younger. We never got to see that performed.

Used to play Contrabass so that I guess. Although since they only need one I'd probably go with the Tuba because bass instruments are the best.

Kumiko is my waifu so I'd have to befriend her.
>Shuufags BTFO

Trumpet. Not because of the characters but because I already play it.

It'd have to be double bass or percussion because I have an overbite.
Given that choice, I choose Midori.

> Would some of the girls influence your choice?
They wouldn't because playing an instrument you don't particularly like is fucking awful..

Double reed

I have an overbite too, you just have to move your jaw and line up your teeth to play brass/woodwind

I can attest to this.

I'd really like to join the Euhpo section just so I could hang out with all those best girls, but my heart wants to play higher pitched instruments. It would be a waste to lose the opportunity to learn an instrument like the trumpet or oboe. And even if I were to play a lower pitch instrument I'd much rather play a bassoon. In the end I'd probably go with trumpet I guess. It's a nice combination of girls and instruments and there's a dude there I could hang out with too so I wouldn't feel totally isolated.

Horn is such an ugly instrument, holy shit.

You mean its sound or its appearance? If you mean the former, holy shit, hang yourself. If you mean the latter you still have shit taste.

I play trumpet so I'll join trumpets but that won't stop be from befriending oboe

>actually being in the fucking high school marching band
You are a lower caste of human beings

> ywn have a private Bari sax class with Buchou, and will be cutely corrected for your mistakes as you tease her kindly
> ywn become closer and closer to her as you begin to improve in your instrument
> ywn while both are practicing outdoor in a sunset setting confess your love to her
> ywn recieve a warm yet timid kiss as a response, and spend the rest of the afternoon with Buchou leaning on your shoulder, feeling the warmth of her soft hands.

Why the fuck keep living...

Shit taste, I found rotary valves extremely interesting

But you're not Asuka.

Fuck that frigid bitch

Nigga what

It looks and sounds fucking amazing. Unfortunately it's apparently an ass to play properly so I'd never touch it.

Reminder that it was buchou's idea to invite more boys

She's thirsty as fuck

Appearance, of course. I can't tell the difference in sound between all those instruments.

No one plays Violin master race?

>I can't tell the difference in sound between all those instruments
Yes you can, you just never bothered learning what each of them sounds like.

>Asuka
>mary sue
>realistic

We can be trumpet friends user :^)

>I can't tell the difference in sound between all those instruments.