Why aren't millennials living on their own?

Why aren't millennials living on their own?

Other urls found in this thread:

willrobotstakemyjob.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's pretty much impossible to buy a house and rent is really expensive for what you get paid in a simple job.

A full time job that pays 1 dollar above minimal wage is just enough to move out with a hundred or two in savings a month.

noskills detected

whats the point?

Move out into what? A used van down by the river?

Because the nuclear family has been totally destroyed and shit's expensive when you're single.

You think?

Good luck getting a full time job. Majority of minimum wage jobs don't offer full time unless you're a seasoned worker.

Rent is fucking expensive and buying a house is out of the question at this point.
I'm still in college and looking for internships, so hopefully I'll have a decent job by the time I graduate.
Fuck this, I wish I was born 70 years ago, when I could buy a house on a factory worker's salary.

Some of them have mental conditions or physical health conditions or autism.

Because boomers are selling houses they initially bought for 70,000 at about 700,000 grand

because I'm NEET and spend thousands of hours a year playing video games. Been doing it 8 years, and have their blessing to keep it up the rest of their lives. Feels comfy man.

I make $16/hr and I can barely afford to move out on my own. I'd have roughly $40 left over after paying all my bills. I'd essentially be stuck living paycheck to paycheck for the rest of my life.
That's why I'm living with my parents and saving for college.

I think it's more that this generation has more health conditions and disabilities.

Because they were raised by shitty parents. Don't even think about blaming Millennials in this shit. Its their parents fault for being shitty parents. Full stop.

Look at the options: 20% down or take it up the ass long term with mortgage insurance. If the former, the majority of millennials just can't do it. If the latter, you're looking at a HUGE overcharge beyond the house's actual value by the time you finally pay everything off, and you'll have zero opportunity to actually make those costs back unless you live with renters sharing the costs. It's literally a money pit to own a home unless you can get a parent to do basically every step of the purchase and loan process for you in their name, then sign it over, or to partition out your house to literal strangers that may very well cause more damage than you could ever imagine.

Only parenting isn't the only reason. Someone can be sick or disabled.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks tfm

Immigration making housing unaffordable, combined with white males of modest background being blackballed from the formal economy. The rest is commentary.

>work at dad's company
>work 38% more hours per year than average American workers
this is the life.

uve got good parents then u shud be thankful. i work with them and a lot of them are lazy and quite vicious when it comes to their parents,i.e they let ur parents walk over them or threaten to take kids away from them if they dont get their way.albeit different country

partner* walk over them

>millennials major in medieval russian literature
>why are there no jobs???
>move back in with parents

The real question is why aren't millennials taking up trades or majoring in STEM?

hmm

Just get some roommates and you will be fine.

This. My parents raised me to not be a gutless shit and take charge. If you can't afford a house or apartment then find some goddamn roomates, just don't be a spineless cuckold who suckle off of the teat of their parents

>Senior manufacturing tech at an auto parts factory
>benefits and matching 401k
>only been with company 1.5 years
>$20.77/hour
>24, single, no kids
>no college degree
>live very comfortably on my own

You faggots aren't even trying. Stop blaming others, and take responsibility for yourselves for once.

Trades are useless with the looming automation threat and STEM favors minorities and women for marketing purposes

Because these are hard times.
I'm living with 2 roommates instead since the rent is cheaper.
Blame the banks for allowing such easy loans to be made that drives the costs of houses up by a shit ton. I'm just going to buy land and see if I can make a habitable place to live for under $50,000 for another impending economy crash.

$100 or $200 in savings a month is nothing and it makes more sense to just live with your parents and save around $1000 or $1200 a month.

Lol wut

Most parents here in the JewS kick their kids out around 18 or so. Especially if they are boys

Humans had multigenerational homes since forever. Anglos destroyed that.

Spoken like a true person who has never worked in a factory. Let me tell you something about robots. They are fucking retarded. Need constant maintenance and randomly skip lines in the program. Don't even get me started on the actual machines. The only people freaking out about automation are the ones who don't even work in a factory setting. Those of us who work in the field know there is nothing to worry about, especially if you are skilled enough to know how to fix stuff.

> import foreigners so they are now 20% of your population > in just 1 decade
> where all the jobs gone?

Problem then is your parents telling you your entire life how they bought their first house with their first job.

Weird how housing gets more expensive over time instead of cheaper. Almost as if housing is looked at as a investment instead of a commodity like computers or foods are.

Or i could live with my parents and save all that money

Meh, nothing is wrong with living with your folks for a while if you're working to better yourself. I stayed with my Mom for 5 months after my lease on an apartment was up. I saved to buy a house, and am now sitting in my living room.

I moved out about a year ago, but I could not afford to live anywhere near my hometown because Southern California is way too expensive.

I’m living in Northern Nevada and it’s okay here.

Back in my hometown, I started working as a dishwasher at a nursing home at age 17. It was a terrible job. There was a waitress there who was 27 and still living with her parents. I didn’t talk to her very much but one time she mentioned that she could not afford to move out because since her younger brother had cancer he could not be around animals, so she was paying $600 a month for her cat to a “cat motel.”

I was shocked by this and became a total Jew after this and outright refused to spend any money because I was so scared to end up like her.

willrobotstakemyjob.com

Where does one find a factory job? They certainly don't advertise on Indeed or Craigslist for openings, as I have not seen a singe one since the economy crashed

I'm living at home till I've saved up for a house, another three years or so
No point wasting money on rent and never getting a house of your own

Jobs like that may pay ok, but they aren't very rewarding in general. Its a good thing that robots take over that shit. Do you want to do the same monotonous task over and over for years listening to the same noises until you go crazy? Go find something better to do.

fuck im balding arleady at 23, if im going to look like the grim reaper himself like pic related on the left, then fuck that

Literally any temp agency anywhere in the US. You have to work your way in as a temp to learn the trade. Do you really expect a company to shell out a decent wage to someone who is going to take close to a year to learn how to do the job?

I can put on a podcast to listen to and screw in bottle caps until the lights go out or I need to eat. I don't care how monotonous it is, it's still better than dealing with customers or trying to understand openly contradictory corporate quotas/goals

Thats exactly the problem. Nobody wants to shell out money to give somebody training. If people arent trained, they can't find work. If they cant work anything past fast food, they are stuck at home.
Companies need to invest in employees.

Just go into a trade of some sort, you can go to any tech college, and they will find you work. Also many places give you the education free. I have two friends doing that now with electrician apprentice jobs. They both make plenty of money too with lots of OT.

Tfw busboycuck with no chance at even being a server until after the holidays (ie the slow season)

>factory job
>no quotas
>no corporate bs
>headphones

How much do you make?
I'm okay with a boring job if I can pay my bills.

I make $50k, have a 1 bed apartment in a suburb of a midsize city, no kids, no mooching woman, no debt, and I'm still barely scraping by. I used to think $50k was enough to be comfortable, but it's not.

Is your rent $2000 or something? Expensive car? Thats plenty of money in my city, Little Rock, AR.

>tfw cook
>tfw servers bitch because we get 35% of the tips

That's $17,000 a year. After taxes, you're sitting at around 14,400 for most people. That's roughly $1,200 a month. Average rent in a non-flyover is $900. Leaving $300 for utilities, assorted bills, and entertainment.

You need a bit more than that. But it's piss easy to get a job that pays at least double, so I don't really pity anyone in this situation.

This

Bro. Grow some balls. Get a down payment by working and saving. Let me guess... you spend 50 bucks a week on beer or pot?

Dude, buy a fixer upper duplex, watch some home improvement youtube vids as you work on it paycheck to paycheck.

I'd rather live in a tent than be as pathetic pessimistic surrender monkey as you. Handouts are for the weak.

If they don't shell out for training, who will do the work? You shouldn't rely on others to train people to YOUR standard. This is why every fucking job requires a bachelor's and 4 years experience, no one wants to train but wants a skilled worker.

How are those cart-led horses working out for you?
I don't care if there are quotas, I want them to be realistic. An assembly line only has to work at one speed, you just have to keep up. Meeting quotas for the sake of meeting quota without any accodale for crushing quota is dumb and anti-meritocratic.
I went to a tech college and got certified, there is no work and the lazy fuckers only found me a shit job selling garbage at Goodwill. And they shunned me for suggesting they only sell non-garbage.

You shouldn't get any of the tips, you provided 0 percent of the service

>take it up the ass long term with mortgage insurance

Its like $50 a month for a few years.

That bait is weaker than my chef's chili.

Oh yeah fuck servers. Always trying to stiff the busser and runner. Gotta keep an eye on them especially the new ones

Multigenerational households have existed since the dawn of time. Thanks for outing yourself as a part of the (((agenda))).

>But it's piss easy to get a job that pays at least double

What do you mean? Spread the knowledge

damn, well move somewhere that isn't so shit

Rent is around $1500. I'm surviving, but I have a beat up '02 corolla, very little decorations or toys in my apartment, I have to save every penny when I go grocery shopping, just wish I were a little more comfy.

yeah boii in 10 years ill have 15k in savings

Any server/bartender job at an upscale restaurant will get you more than double that. Also anywhere you can work up to a manager position.

>share costs of living with a bunch of assholes you hardly really know.
>share the cost of living with the people that raised you.
Seems like a no brainer desu.

dang, and I can't find anyone to rent a room from me in a nice house for $350 a month which includes utilities, ohwell

why is this

>living in the city

Average rent in my town is $550.

lol you got fired for telling people at goodwill their clothes were shitty? Are you autistic? Anyways, if you want a factory job you gotta head to a temp agency, that's the only way unless you already know someone

lazy, kinda dumb, no skills, no will to get any. I guess they think the world owes them.

Why would I move out and live in extreme poverty when I can just live with my parents?

I'm in my late 20s, make 80k/yr, and happily live with my parents. Since I work in the area, there really isn't a compelling reason to move out. I rather stay home and save my money. I'm not going to take on additional expenses just to prove to the world I'm an adult.

They are used to a certain level of comfort, rather then thoughin in out for the first 4-5 years and build it up slowly they just stay where it is.

mentioned this on b yesterday, I have a friend that always makes money, He sells weed (not much, just to keep himself in free weed), quickly became a manager at biggest liquor store in town (40k), does nude modeling at an art school (15/hr), and he and his gf paint rooms for ppl here and there. He rides a tiny scooter that doesnt require lisence or insurance, and his only bills are paying her $250 a month for his share of utilities since she owns the house. This nigga is basically rich, and has always been like that, just works a bunch of random jobs.

I'm in the same boat was making 60k living in north jersey and could hardly scrape by, took a pay cut down to 47k now but moved out to the country and I'm even worse off now paying less for everything.

LMFAO why are you using True Detective's family photo for millenials?

>live in SoCal
>not even $15/h is enough to live alone and afford bills
>$20/h does that become possible
I had a job interview for a help desk position that had full benefits/401k. A job that is basically unheard of in Socal and no doubt I am running up against about 25 other people for that same position. This state is hell, please nuke us.

Why should they? Currently 20 and have no plans to move out. Moving out at 18 is a Jewish trick to divide us. Why stay close with family when you can pay off some kikes mortgage and feel no familial duty? It's this thinking that makes it so easy to not talk to our parents and just put them in a home.
Traditionally, men stay at home to take care of the house, and when he gets married the wife moves in too. The wife's parents may also move in if they did not have a son to take on the responsibilities. Then you can work to take care of things without wasting money on a new house, and your kids can get taken care of by the grandparents which also gives them a close relationship. We are tribal animals and this is the way it's meant to be.

Its not about showing the world its about growing as a person.

At least you admit it.

> trades are useless
> automation

Are you fucking retarded? A robot will never be able to replace basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pipe fitting, complex welding etc the list goes on. Your a faggot KYs.

>Replies: 85
If it works, it works. Sup Forums is the easiest board to bait.

>just to prove to the world I'm an adult
For me it was primal instinct to get away from my parents. I wanted to stay longer and save money, but I was so sick of living at home. But they have a small house, it might be different if I had a whole basement to myself.

No one wants to live within their means, just rent a house with 3 friends for $1000/mo or rent a room from stramgers if you're so concerned with leaving your parents

Boomers bought all of the housing and raised rent to its max.

They can’t die soon enough.
Die motha fucker die...

hmmm

Yeah but like robots can do backflips n shiet now

> i-it's traditional how I'm a useless neetbux
> I'm g-g-gonna get a wife!
L M F A O

Don't want to. Trying to get a house or an apartment with my current income is impossible. Going to college was also not an option for me in the long run- I had a grandfather that put in some money for me a long long time ago, and even his generous donation wasn't enough to keep up with the crazy cost for schooling.

I worry for how this is going to impact everyone in the long run.

>$1500
You do know that there are places in the country where you could rent a 3 bedroom house for half that, right?

Remember that buying a home is playing into Jewish hands. You can never really own a home, you are simple leasing from the government. Stop paying property taxes and see how long you "own" your house.

8.25 × 40 hours a week × 4 weeks = $1,320 before taxes
Rent around here is 1k a month. Even if we pretend taxes aren't a thing, do you really think 320 bucks a month is enough for bills + transportation + food? And even if we say it is, that leaves nothing for saving, you just stuck in a trap never making any actual money.
Okay kike. How do you think rich people stay rich? They keep it in the family, they don't send their kids out to pay rent so someone else can get rich.