Occultic Nine

What in the flying fuck was that ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

occulticnine.com/character/narusawa_ryoka.html?article_id=40247&category=040CHARACTER
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was an Occultic;Nine.

It was a Normal end. Which part you didn't get OP, I can explain it to you except for Ririka.

Ascension!

>buy the VN lmao

It was AOTY.

Nothing wrong with this. The VN can take it's time to deliver the answers and properly set up the true end

READ THE VN
I mean, it sucks but it was to be expected.

A good one.

Can we stop this meme already? The show was made with the intention of advertising the VN in mind but that by itself is not a bad thing.

I mean, the VN isn't even out yet.

I wasn't bashing the show itself, it was a solid 7.5-8/10 for me. I'm just answering OP's question - "what was that ending?".

You need to watch it two more times.

VN when.

AOTY

>What an A-1 Pictures' Occultic;Nineā„¢!

I want to hug Myu-chan!
I want to kiss Myu-chan!
I want to brush Myu-chan's hair!
I want to go on a date with Myu-chan!
I want to have babies with Myu-chan!

Why would you want to marry a retard?

I still liked it

Am I the only who thought the teaser at the end was A-1 and Chiyomaru's way to create anticipation for an eventual second cour?

Episode 12 was really enjoyable, but let's be honest, it didn't feel like the end of a story to me. They even rolled the ED, what kind of show that ends does this?

So VN aside, don't be surprised if they are already working on the script and plan to resume the anime at a certain point this year. Afterall, the LN was put on hold for this very reason.

>2nd cour
>those sales

The man surrounded by the flames doesn't look like Gamon to me. And in the OP you can see his bloodshot eye.

I think is the Emperor, who has become a astral projection.

over sky end

What sales? And do you think that matters? The teaser at the end isn't for show. Regardless of sales, if that's their intention they are going to do it. And I sure I'm going to enjoy it to my hearts content.

Too much vague stuff was left out. Considering the author has been fully involved in this project and even got to decide what went in each episode, there's no way this is not intentional.

I laughed harder because Euphonium ironically did this.

>Please buy the VN
That's their intention.

Too bad its never coming over seas

I keep reading comments like "they can't spoil the end of the story because of the VN".

And I say, "who forces you to buy the VN if you just can wait for the anime to resume?" If you get spoiled about its content, is simply because YOU WANT.

Occultic;Nine is a LN. Chiyomary put it on hold to work in the anime. So if the plan is to resume it at some point, then I don't think we're going to see these last LN volumes released any time soon.

That's why we can always anticipate for the anime to resume. I said it before and I'm going to say it again. If the last episode was meant to be the end, they wouldn't have rolled the ED, then tease us with an obvious 'look forward for more O;N9, coming soon'.

Well sure, the possibility of another season to expand on the story is not quite nill, if the game sell well that is, like really fucking well.

I mean, is the same thing you see in either a movie or a videogame after the credits roll and an unexpected sequel hook happens.

On that note, if you watch the OP there are a number of frames that really make you think.

Like the one of Gamon becoming a christmas tree (which in Japan is symbol of rebirth), or the one of the blindfold woman with a knife pointed at her. This last one is particularly jarring, because, who is that woman? Gamon's mum perhaps?

I want to hug Ryotats
I want to kiss Ryotats
I want to brush Ryotats
I want to go on a date with Ryotats
I want to have babies with Ryotats

But you're not Gamotan.

Could be a red herring or something related to Ririka's story or Aria's story. It's really hard to speculate anything without any information to work with, we'll just be writing fan fiction at that point.

I thought it was supposed to be Chi-chan.

Neither are you.

Doesn't really look like Chi-chan to me. That reminded me, Myu's story will probably has her dad served as a role similar to Gamon's dad to himself. Jesus, what's with Chiyomaru and his obsession with father?

The hairstyle doesn't match. The woman in that shot is also noticeably older.

Occultic;Nine needs more love, that solid sci-fi mystery setup and build up isn't going to be beaten by any anime anytime soon.

I think, though is just specculation by my part, the woman might be Gamon's mom.

The blindfold suggests she's being held hostage. And it would make quite sense if you consider her son basically ruined forever the ambitions of a good number of influential people. They'll pursue revenge for sure.

You mean the teaser after the ED. That's what is known as 'Sequel Hook', my friend.

What the show needed was higher stakes and more buildup before showing peoples literally making keys out of thin air or peoples flying.

Some characters like the goth loli being barely related to the overall story was also disappointing.

She was the cutest too. At least she seemed pretty happy flying around.

What's your point? A good number of stuff was left out intentionally in anticipation of a possible 2nd cour, going by the teaser at the end.

And we have seen someone flying since episode 1: Kiryuu. It wasn't out of thin air, this show requires you to not get distracted.

>Kiryuu.
Yes, Kiryuu not Gamo. I think he needed to do stuff like that before it came down to something as crucial as the key.

Please user, I loved the show anyway, I watched it 3 times totals and I noticed some flaws, that's it.

That can be explained by the already presented information but yeah, I get your point. If there's no build up people are less willingly to believe it even if it's logically correct. Still though, I never thought the resolution/ the climax is the focus of the story but rather just a conclusion after all mysteries have been revealed, whereas the main beef lies within episode 1-11 so I don't really mind they suddenly do something like that without warming up.

Biggest issue was that the show was just single cour. I guess the advertisement budget wasn't enough to make 2 cours like S;G.

Fucking amazing. If there's one image that needs to be saved from this show, it's this.

So anyone else think the man in the flames was the astral projection of the Emperor? Because Takasu ordered the injection of the scandium to speed up, they managed to finish it before Gamon could destroy Odd Eye.

We do know this is not the end of the story, there's still so much left. In the VN this would be the Normal Ending route, which if done right (Gamon choosing to stay) unlocks the True Ending route.

Though going by all the stuff that was intentionally left out and that teaser after the ED, that appears to be what they have in mind.

I wonder if they are doing it that way because they are still working on the script. Which kind of makes sense if you consider the fact the author himself is involved.

Well, being able to fly or pseudo-teleportation is astral body default abilities due to its nature so if you had figured this out early on from one of those explanation, the idea of Gamon is capable of flying isn't far fetching at all, especially when Kiryuu was able to do it too. The same with the key though this one is harder to swallow since it's a reverse process (force recognition of something that's there instead of natural recognition of something isn't actually there)

I don't think so since the cut prior to that shown fire approaching Gamon so it would make more sense for that person in the fire to be Gamon. That said though,
>the Emperor is still existing in the 0% sync rate, along with Gamon

Which only spells big trouble. Though they are no longer atuned to the same frecuency as with the living because of Odd Eye destruction, they still can send their thoughts through electronci devices.

The Emperor now immortal in a sense can justt issue his orders to the MMG employees and all hell will break loose.

They already went through a lot of details over every character. It was kind of shallow and rushed but idk how a second cour wouldn't end up just retreading a lot of shit that we already wrapped up.

I think an OVA would be perfect for getting the true ending without stretching out the plot too thin.

"Buy our VN!"

Promotional material calls this unrelated to mainline sci;adv, but does it take place in Steins;Gate? Is FBI-kun in Valkyrie? He knows about the pertinent science of the universe, is pretty confident about the time travel business, and is clearly on the phone with at least one of the lab members a few times. Sorry if this had been talked about to death, wasn't around for airing threads.

Also what the flying fuck was up with those boobs?

no, sci;adv is fiction in that universe which is why the detective keeps making references

A prime example of a faggot studio stuffing WAY too much material into 12 episodes.

Can he even do anything, I wonder? The 0% sync rate is basically the realm of the deaths, as supported by the fact that Gamon's dad showed up. Gamon can still tune himself out thanks to the radio.
What would the Emperor even do anyway? The realm he's in is where time compressed into a single moment so even if he could interact with the world of living it would be pointless.
It doesn't have to, just do stuffs like Heaven Feels where the story took an unexpected turn and everything went to shit. Since we already know stuffs thanks to the original, we don't have to retrace every little things but instead working on what has been established.

That depends how much there's left, though. Let's just say as many here already take for granted, myself included, that the Emperor has become an astral soul. Yeah, with Odd Eye gone there's little he can do other than issue orders like some kind of super computer.

All that would be left is to put an end to that once and for all, and for Ryoka to find a way to bring Gamon back to life.

An OVA sounds about right, but I don't think only one would suffice. Unless is over 1 hour long, that is.

That's so dumb. They already feel inherently related. I'd rather they backpedal to overwrite that than keep it.

>still caring about anime studio in 2017
>not the staffs and names that are actually matter all the times
It's that easy to spot a pleb once they put anime studios into their opinions.

The problem is fitting Anonymous;Code into Sci;adv universe is hard and with the Committee of 300 running stuffs from the dark in that universe, situation like in Occultic;Nine is hard to arise unless the Society of Eight Gods want to fuck directly with the Committee.

what the fuck was that series

Yeah, he can't do much in this state. Though wasn't Gamon's dad showing up just his imagination?

>Gamon can still tune himself out thanks to the radio

Speakign of that, this is how I think Ryoka is going to get through to him. Because she has the soul, or rather memories of Aveline, that means Gamon now should be able to finally see her. And in fact, this is what the ED shows us, with Ryoka finally reaching out to Gamon and the later turning to see Aveline.

I don't know a lot about Anonymous;Code, but I feel like declaring someone in the Society as a minion of the council or something wouldn't be too hard.

Made it even worse by completely ignoring the author of the original work involvement in the project.

That would be hard since the whole stuffs going on in O;N could potentially fuck up S;G time travelling rules pretty damn hard. Not to mention if SERN got their hand on the astral body tech then they would set out to rule humanity for eternity, even when the whole Committee die they would still be ruling the world from the deaths' realm.

Pardon the intrusion but... why are we talking about the S.G. in a thread about O;N? I thought the SciAdv are just works of fiction in this universe much like O;N is in ours?

BIG

POYAYA

Yeah, I would prefer an 1+ hour OVA because I think A1 makes really pretty anime. If they could focus all their resources on one long OVA instead of over a full cour, I think there's a very high potential for dank visuals.

The guy was asking why couldn't they'd fit O;N into the Sci;Adv universe in the first place instead of writing them in a separate one. You should read the reply chain first before asking.

Fuck the ending.

Explain why the laser ray retard had to have watermelon sized tits.

Because most people are straight

My bad, I didn't notice the first post.

As for why? Probably because it would make things far too convulted, IMO.

You brougt up a fairly interesting question. Is Aveline actually dead or is she still alive? If she's always sync to 327% by possessing Ryo-tas then the events that have occured in spirit realm might not have any bearing on the actual Aveline.
That aside though, I'm not sure I'm following you here, first of all why would Gamon be able to see Ryo-tas because she has memories of Aveline? Ryo-tas is still a living being so he should be able to see her all the times.

>implying everyone wants to see a woman whose tits will eventually sag all the way to her knees

Envious of Gamon, aren't you?

He's dead so no

To expand on this, my explanation to the inconsistencies between the 2 realms: spiritual realm (90%) and the world of livings (327%) is simply thst these 2 worlds are entirely separate worlds that are very similar to each other. The rules are
>spirit realms are always dependent on the world of living, any change that occurs in the world of living will show an immediate result in the spirit realm
>the revserse is not true. Astral bodies can only interact with the world of living by synced to that world (327%). Doing stuffs in 90% will bring about no consequence in 327%
>normally the 90% world doesn't exist, or rsther, existing in parallel to the world of 327% with no difference. Once an astral body enters that world and makes change to it, the world will stop being the same but only for a while. Once all the astral bodies are gone it will either recorrect itself or formed a new 90% world, discarding/cutting off the old one
These are all speculations backed up by weak to mild evidences, connections but it's the best explanation I can think of to answer episode 12.

This show was a clusterfuck.

Ah no, sorry. Let me explain myself. This is going to be a tad bit long explanation.

In her character profile Ryo-tas occupation says as follows: occulticnine.com/character/narusawa_ryoka.html?article_id=40247&category=040CHARACTER

'Divine healing psychic medium'

I'm going to leave the divine healing part aside and focus on the later part. I'm sure you do know what Mediums are. People that are known or said to be able to communicate with the dead. And if you have watched the ED, the first shot shows 9 colored marbles, one per protagonist. Ryo-tas marble, which is red colored, is placed between the light (astral plane) and the shade (living plane). In other words, she's the one that serves as the Medium between the two planes of existence.

Now onto Aveline. Ryo-tas is going to need her help to accomplish her utmost goal. So like you I don't think she's gone for good. She's just too important for the plot, and indispensable if Ryo-tas wishes for her voice to reach to Gamon, because is no use if Gamon can see her but she cannot.

So fullfilling her role as the Medium, Ryo-tas through Aveline ejects her astral body and she can finally get to reunite with Gamon, this time being her the one in control. To bring Gamon back to life they are first going to have to find him, and only Ryo-tas can do that.

When I said that Gamon should now be able to see her, I meant that with Odd Eye gone he can now also atune himself to the Astral Plane, the frecuency from where Ryo-tas in astral form talked to him through the Sky Sensor.

Anyway, I look forward to see Ryo-tas wish come true.

>He's dead so no
Only for now.

So you are saying that Ryo-tas can only see Gamon in astral form because Aveline is inside her and share the "eyes" of an astral body with Ryo-tas through memories. That's a cool idea, I've never thought of it that way but just assume that Ryo-tas can see ghosts by herself.
According to my hypothesis on how things work though, Ryo-tas and Aveline of the world of living might've never experienced the 9 days in the Spirit Realm, or at least, Ryo-tas is not since she's still living. Aveline on the other hand, after the night of the lake incident she could've exit Ryo-tas and entered the 90% world right after that, joining with the astral bodies that were residing in that realm, then she possessed the Ryo-tas of that realm and did her job, died for real.

I can only hope that the True/Good end makes it so that Aveline doesn't die.

I think you got that right. Because Aveline performed her action in 90%, that should have had not consquence, as all this time she was sync in 327% because of sharing consciousness with Ryo-tas. And as I said above, she's too important and completely necessary if Ryo-tas wishes to bring Gamon back to life again.

The only way an astral body can die for good is if either it dissipates with the pass of the time or is administered that godamn ceremonial tool.

Speaking of that, is a good thing Gamon is a kind of special astral body, because otherwise he would have ended up like all those ill-fated souls asshole Izumin did eradicate.

He's got the best after-life though, being able to shitpost eternally in death.

Because she's cutest and the sexiest!
Erokawaii!
The best KirikiriBasara Girl!

I thought it was okay, the only thing i didn't really get was the drawing lady. What was her deal? Why was the detective guy after her and how did she vanish at the end?

Is it pseudo 2d4u deep shit?

>Aveline on the other hand, after the night of the lake incident she could've exit Ryo-tas and entered the 90% world right after that, joining with the astral bodies that were residing in that realm, then she possessed the Ryo-tas of that realm and did her job, died for real.

Could you please elaborate on this one? I don't think I did understand it right. Thanks.

It seems like being an orphan receptor doesn't give you much endurance though, you still die in one hit but not immediately. It was thanks to Aveline that he's still "alive". I do wonder though, when Ryo-tas kissed Gamon, was that Aveline speaking or Ryoko? Cause I would totally ship Aveline x Gamon.

Think of it like this. Aveline knew what happened and what was going to happen so she would want to be in the same sync rate as Gamon and the rest to monitor their actions and provide support when needed. Thus after the lake incident, she might've exited Ryo-tas' body (327%) and thus immediately subjected to synchronization of 90% and entered the same spirit realm Gamon and the crew were in.
The rest of the events went like how we saw in the show.

The weeb speak should only being used ironically on Sup Forums unless you really want to tip someone off. Either way, don't talk like that around here.
Myu is cute but she's only good for bullying.

Doesn't matter, because in this story souls = memories. Answering to your question, it was Aveline talking, but because of the fact she and Ryo-tas shared the same consciousness, all the things Aveline got to experience did build as memories for Ryo-tas.

Besides, this ED cover here is pretty self-explanatory, don't you think. It portrays the picture of a girl who greatly misses her loved one (hence why Ryo-tas is embracing an objectified Gamotan). Very fitting if we consider the state Gamon is currently stuck in, as of episode 12.

I know, don't worry.
I can't say I don't love cuteposting, though