Why can't we have a nice and comfy thread about 60s and 70s anime?

Why can't we have a nice and comfy thread about 60s and 70s anime?

What are you currently watching, what are you planing to watch and what are you waiting to be subbed?

>Currently
Heidi
>Planning
Gundam or Cutie Honey
>Waiting
Nothing that I can remember

>Why can't we have a nice and comfy thread about 60s and 70s anime?
Because it's the third of January. Sup Forums is traditionally shit on the third of January. You can't break with tradition.

Been watching Ashita no Joe. I'm twenty something episodes deep, it's okay so far. I hear 2 is the better part though. Also rewatching Toei movies, my favourites are Hakujaden, Orochi and Horus. Planning on watching green jacket Lupin and the three proto-Ghibli WMT shows soon. Waiting / hoping to see subs for Dokonjou Gaeru at some point.

Moeagare Moeagare Moeaagre GANDAMU!

mfw Horus was one of my favorite things as a child and now as I've been discovering anime, Isao is one of my favorite directors.

Anime really finds a way.

Can't say I agree Ashita no Joe 2 is better than the original. Later parts of the 70s anime are better than the first part though

Yeah, he's a god. My second favourite director in anime.

Do you think Mahou Tsukai Sally will ever get subbed? I love it way more than I thought I would but I'll be an old man by the time Skaro Hunting Society finishes

>Why can't we have a nice and comfy thread about 60s and 70s anime?
Lolicons start sperging.

I'm watching Galaxy X 999 and I love it.

Planning on watching a bunch of Toei fairy tales.
Also noticed that somebody started ripping the Cashern BDs and probably pick up where I left off.
Waiting for Dororo rips.

and mechafags

Sup Forums doesn't talk about old anime because most people here massive plebs who haven't seen any (and the rest are less massive plebs who've seen like four), not because anyone is mad about it

Most mechafags Gundam as the cutoff, possibly Zambot 3.

Not lolicons who don't watch 70s anime, the ones that do.

*treat Gundam

I've seen a lot of 70s anime. Almost 20 different titles and that's not counting movies.

Are there even 20 fully subbed 70s TV series?

Started Heidi and Anne and Mirai Shonen Conan, Versailles and Voltes V are on my backlog.

You're going to have a good time.

Off the top of my head:
Gundam
Zambot 3
Rose of Versailles
Ashita no Joe
Conan
Akage no Anne
30000 Leagues in Search of Mother
Seine no Hoshi
Lupin III
Takarajima
Harlock
Galaxy Express 999
Candy Candy
Gatchaman
Ace o Nerae

Add a bunch of mechashits and I'm sure there are more than twenty

Was La Seine no Hoshi actually subbed?

Oh shit it's not, only dubbed and in German. oops

I finished Ace wo Nerae, the first season, not too long ago, and I found it to be good. If the rest is ever subbed, I might try to watch that too.

Not currently working on any 70s or 60s anime, but I've started on Rose of Versailles, and may continue it in a few months.
Also want to see Akage no Anne and Mirai Shounen Conan, but got no planned timeframe for those.

Conan is not very long and almost definitely better than whatever else you're watching right now, make it a priority. Anne rocks too, but it's twice the length.

Anne goes at a brisk pace, I found.

Childhood is when you emphasize with Heidi's curiosity and think the governess is a cunt
Adulthood is when you realize the poor governess is only trying to do her job and Heidi needs to fucking learn some manners when she's in the city

Yeah, but it's a big literal time commitment if you work or are in school or whatever.

Heidi went to shit as soon as she was taken to the city.
She didn't even care about grandma once she was back. She just dumped that expired bread on her ass and fucked off.

Even if there weren't the runtime in minutes would be twice or thrice the amount of 20 modern series, so.

Currently watching Space Battleship Yamato (1974).

>the robot is a horny pervert
What did they mean by this?

Sometimes masterpieces are too heavy and you have to force yourself. I try to watch them, but it takes some time. You also have go balaance with other goals, like staying up to date with what's most popular, or juSt experienci g things you are interested in, even if they aren't masterpiece.

Did Go Nagai's stuff age badly?
Thinking of checking out Mazinger Z and the other one

His manga or the shows based on them?