I want to like this series but I can't. It's very pretentious, don't you agree?

I want to like this series but I can't. It's very pretentious, don't you agree?

You have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums

you just watch it for the colors because they are pretty

>pretentious
Pray tell OP what is your understanding as to the meaning of this word?

It tries to be deeper than it actually is

The only pretentious one is 5. The rest are just shit.

Anime for people who like to smell their own farts

The Nasubabble is weird but everything else, from the worldbuilding, to the music, to the fight chorography, to the animation and art is amazing.

Not pretentious but shit

>constant "deep" monologues out of nowhere
I agree.

>2deep4u, the series

this "anything that is at all popular is shit" meme is pretty fucking dumb.

I didn't like any of the films desu.

Deflecting any criticism of things you like with that mindset is pretty fucking dumb.

Its not pretentious. Its DEEP. Go watch your moe crap

that isnt what i said

Honestly the only film in the series I found to be pretentious and prone to random monologues was the first movie, the others did a better job of sticking together and everything discussed was relevant.

The 3rd and 5th ones won me over a bit too much. I'll agree that parts of it do get pretentious, but the 5th is just really well executed on a lot of different levels. It has a lot of depth/layers and brings up interesting ideas.

For awhile I wondered if it was pretentious, but it really isn't. It's a solid accomplishment of storytelling. It's not the most profound story of all time or anything like that, but it's a solid entry.

Pretentious feels like code for "they actually tried to say something and that makes me angry".

>the 5th is just really well executed on a lot of different levels. It has a lot of depth/layers and brings up interesting ideas.
Oh please. Anyone with half of a brain cell could have seen what they were trying to do with the nonlinear storytelling in 5. I felt like it was so obvious the entire time, by the end of it I almost felt offended that they had actually done it the way they did. It's like they were purposefully trying to trick me for half the movie but they failed hard.

No, I think you're an idiot who uses words he doesn't understand.

>Pretentious feels like code for "they actually tried to say something and that makes me angry".
Fucking this, holy shit some people are stupid.

If you don't understand the film, read wiki. Btw welcome to nasuverse