How do you think Yuri on Ice will influence the industry, if at all?

How do you think Yuri on Ice will influence the industry, if at all?

I don't know if it will, but I sure wouldn't mind more upbeat homo shows.

I hope it shows production committees that they don't actually have to instantly turn down anything gay, and that a heartfelt work done right can take a series much further than something soulless but engineered for success.

If anything I'd like to see more shows focus on the technicalities that this show did.

Not alone. Its part of a trend that started a while ago.

The real question is how its been most a week and there are no BD rips.

won't really see any differences until at least 2018. To be honest I don't think anything will change much except slightly more shows being aimed at women. Remember Japanese fans are the main important audience of anime. I'm not sure if they have the whole go lgbt representation thing that westerners have, so don't expect much if that is what your hoping for. It will probably just be fanservice.

I don't expect them to understand why it did so well, it's not just because the main characters are gay for each other. There will probably be more gay anime as a result, I doubt they'll have the heart needed though.

Fags will keep being fags, nothing will change.

Yeah, I worry that executives will look at YoI's success as just "girls saw gay thing, girls liked gay thing" without realizing that the series having a soul was what made it resonate with people the way it did.

At most you'll get one show similar to it in the nexf six years, but it isn't powerful enough to alter the industry alone.

Seriously, where the fuck are they? I know some anons have gotten them too.

I loved it, I thought they would come out of the closet at some time but they did not.

More cute boys that make the hetfags on Sup Forums commit suicide? Always welcome.

Unknown yet without sales numbers, but I'd agree based on my expectations. The main "power" is in the trend not YoI itself.

>tfw my copy is still in the mail
>tfw it probably won't matter when it gets here anyway because my laptop can't play blurays

I'm sorry Sup Forums

Not to mention flooding the market won't work, fujos don't spread themselves thin. I'm expecting a lot of flops.

Hopefully,
>more staff comprised of people who love the subject matter and/or are professionals involved in it
>more adult casts, particularly professionals
>more canon gay outside the BL genre with minimal cliche
>more sports that aren't just team/match based

Realistically,
>more intense fujobait that entirely misses the point of why people are so endeared to the series

Series will continue to pander to hetfags, allowing them their safe spaces so they can interpret gay relationships "however they'd like". There will be an increase in bait, and even advanced bait, but not a massive increase in actual homo.
Thanks for your commitment, Kubo.

It's all about margins. There are always lots of flops in any genre, but the risk may be worth it on the chance that a show becomes a fujo darling.

That is very true

Thus the studios will backpedal and declare homo a lost cause after all.
We had a bright spot in our lives, but now dark times are coming.

More sports anime where the gay actually happens.

YOI's been way too successful to not have some kind of impact. Whether or not the industry actually learns the right lessons here remains to be seen, but in the short term I think we're going to see a lot of bandwagon-hopping with some truly awful canon gay shows.

They kissed in a packed stadium on live TV and then announced their engagement to all their friends, they aren't in the closet. Not that they need to 'come out', there's no homophobia in the YOI universe.

I'd hope that studios would have noticed how their demographic behaves by now, honestly though truly catering to them can be rather tricky.

I think fujos are one of the easier demos to cater to.

I'd be happy if they just took the adult professional athletics from them rather than the gay, it would be harder to fuck up.

There will be a lot of flops, but also a lot of big hits. Because fujos dont spread themselves thin.

Considering there's no discrimination against love in the YoI universe I don't see why they'd label it. No one is necessarily in the closet.

Not to mention, the YOI world doesn't have a closet to begin with.

I just want more anime that is not in a HS setting

>they kissed

That was not a kiss, was it?

If it had been Yuri would be all akward around Victor after that.

>Almost no bald Victor fanart

Het love always FINDS A WAY to become successful.

Honestly, let it be het or yuri or yaoi, if the works is handled well, it will sell well.

It was a kiss. Why would he be awkward?

Yuuri was past awkwardness at that point, hell he let Victor sleep on top of him that day.

Fujo taste is pretty erratic though. The biggest hits of recent years are YOI and Osomatsu, which have nothing in common except maybe comedy. Sports is a pretty safe bet, but there are plenty of flop sport series that are barely distinguishable from the popular sports series.

I mean, this is true for otaku oriented series too. If it was so easy to put your finger on what makes a hit a hit, we'd have no flops.

Also.

>engagement ring

That was just a gift from Yuri, they even told their friends it had nothing to do with a relationship.

>How will a gay sports anime influence an industry filled with gay sports anime
Gee I dunno...more gay sports anime?

Certainly was, none of it in context would make sense if it wasn't.
>If it had been Yuri would be all akward around Victor after that.
What?

Just because you're used with anime characters acting like uguu retards it doesn't mean all of them need to be like that

>The biggest hits of recent years are YOI and Osomatsu
>YOI
Are you pretending to be stupid?

What the fuck does bait even mean.

These characters are not getting girlfriend, their feeling for each others are deeply ingrained in their actions.

user pls

Why would he be awkward? It's not a highschool romance. They're adults and they've become very physically comfortable with each other, there's a lot more casual intimacy in the series than most.

sorry, bruh, I got the DVD

user, you didn't watch the show. He didn't say that. It was obviously a symbolic representation of their relationship. The ending of ep 9 with his "marriage proposal" and him seeing JJ and Isabella's photo on IG was also the build up to it.

Luckily the canon gay in anime bar is really fucking low.

>How do you think Yuri on Ice will influence the industry, if at all?
This implies that YOI was ambitious to begin with

I thought it was obvious I meant the biggest fujo hits.

>That was not a kiss, was it?
Are you saying it was a surprise hug?

Nothing. This is just another fujobait. They didn't do a shit but let fujos do the job about give some meaning to some empty scenes. Why empty? Because they are cowards to show a real gay couple and will never do it. The industry is going to tease with cheap scenes and dialoges but never are going to dare to do something important.

The only bait comes from comments here trying to no-homo a homo anime.

What are the big fujo hits in your eyes?

>Fujo taste is pretty erratic though
They are not more erratic than otaku, however.

Though biggest hits in general may apply. It has a good chance at #2 this year unless UtaPri pulls off a surprise.

It looks like that is what you guys want to see but there isn`t anything concrete, the kiss could not have been a kiss and the engagement ring could probably not be that.

Damn near every all male sports anime from 2012 till now. Why yurishittiers still acting like this show is impacting the industry I have no clue.

>Gifting your "friend" a 650€ wedding ring
Yuri sure gives shit gifts.

>Nothing. This is just another fujobait. They didn't do a shit but let fujos do the job about give some meaning to some empty scenes. Why empty? Because they are cowards to show a real gay couple and will never do it. The industry is going to tease with cheap scenes and dialoges but never are going to dare to do something important.

I can't tell if people are talking about Free or YoI.

The anime I watched had this scene. Did yours show?

Yurishitters does not mean what you think it means.

YoI is the biggest of them, thats why its mentioned- obviously.

>empty scenes
The relationship powers the narrative, it's not just purely some fanservice thing.

kek that would really make no sense, Victor already gave him a "surprise hug" in front of the press in ep 5, not to mention all their other hugs in general

You didn't watch the show did you.

The biggest, gayest and cheapest.

Victor said they were engagement rings.

>YoI is the biggest of them,
>sold less than Free, Kuroko and HQ

Have you ever even watched YOI? Or other sports anime? Or looked at a sales chart in your life? There is a huge number of sports series out there, not that many are hits lets alone with fujos, and none of them are like YOI. Don't underestimate the massive difference adult, professional level sports makes to the characterization and storyline.

Post more heterosexual antics.

Sales figures arent out yet but its practically garunteed to sell more. Its tracking 15k higher.

I wonder how many times they hugged in the show, they were all over each other.

>How do you think Yuri on Ice will influence the industry, if at all?

I don't know about the industry, but It sure showed me people could try to no homo their way out of anything and the inability of people to understand some (not even that subtle) element of characterization. In short, nothing could possibly be gay ever unless the author says it explicitly.

I mean, I should have realize that during No.6 time, but that was 5 years ago so I held out hope that things would change. But nope.

I did, and I waited for a confirmation of their feelings, I could confirm a lot of admiration and love in there, but not sure if that was the love a couple has for each other.

Victor is a funny guy, he loves teasing Yuri, he even said he would be his boyfriend by the ocean.

>Don't underestimate the massive difference adult, professional level sports makes to the characterization and storyline.

Its cute that you think this

Vol 1 sales aren't out till thursday but if youre really expecting a 30% underestimation on a fujo show, you should probably just stop talking about sales.

HIDE HETFAG POSTS

IGNORE HETFAG POSTS

DO NOT REPLY TO HETFAG POSTERS

if it sells it will.

>FOTM fujoshit
>influence

how about no

Cool horseshit bro

You couldn't wait to make this thread until after sales came out?

>Are you saying it was a surprise hug?
You know, every time I ask people to explain me that scene they just start to deflect that and talk about twitter or how the author didn't confirm that.

I've seen people calling it "ambiguous" but the moment you start to actually look at the scene it can only mean one thing.

>every thread people care enough to argue canon in an anime where they weren't getting wth chicks either way

>30% underestimation on a fujo show
DAYS says hi!

They confirmed enough.

And Victor probably wasn't joking when he said that.

You could have them fuck on screen with a box of condoms on the night stand and people would no homo their way out of it, it's quite amusing.

Wrong on all accounts retard
Fujoshit shows are underestimated all the damn time. Hell Token got underetimated hard this season

I see people here say the series had "soul" which is a useless statement since it means literally nothing. Could you please explain how YoI have soul? The animation is extremely hit and miss, especially during the skating scenes were it sometimes is amazing and sometimes it's awful. The relationship between Yuri and Victor was cute but it never got much further than teasing, it also conformed to the typical and boring seme and uke relationship you see in most other yaoi stories. The ending was also lackluster and nothing more than typical sequal bait.

Free is the biggest of the three by far. Its vol1 wk 1 was 22k- total was 32k. (Estimated at 14k) YoI is estimated vol1 wk1 is 29.5k.

Cool horseshit bro.

I hope so, they are cute together.

I counted, it's at least 12. More if you include Victor sleeping on top of Yuuri and some of the arm around/side hugs.

>Free is the biggest of the three by far. Its vol1 wk 1 was 22k- total was 32k
>YoI is estimated vol1 wk1 is 29.5k.

Cool horseshit bro

You are fucking retarded. Touken was estimated at 6k and sold 19k. It had a 130% underestimation. One of the biggest ones of the year.

After all the seduction play, blushing, them being paralleled with the Eros story (as confirmed by ep 10), and dancing to a romantic pair skate? Even the writer says they act like a couple user.

Also, Victor looked completely serious in the beach scene. There was no teasing there. The entire beach scene was an actually serious and intimate moment about Yuuri opening up to someone the first time. What are you talking about?

God they're so platonic.

>it also conformed to the typical and boring seme and uke relationship you see in most other yaoi stories
uh not with eros yuuri it did not

Kubo confirmed it anyway. She said she was leading up to the moment and wanted to make it make sense for it to happen. They had hugged countless times before. That some really need her to say 'yes, they kissed' before they are happy just shows how autistic they are.