WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM

well. who the hell do you think he is ?

I know who the hell he is. The reputation of Team Gurren echoes far and wide. When people talk about its badass leader, the man of indominable spirit and masculinity, they're talking about him! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A man's man sustained by strength of will.

THE MIGHTY KAMINA

jake from state farm

>gurren lagann is almost ten years old

I'm your prom date you ugly sack of shit

Jack

Get a load of this guy everyone he watched the dub.

Almost as old as its fanbase.

A dead man.

YOU GOT SOME NERVE COMING OUT HERE

Good for him.

Ghost of past Christmas

>All that fucking hype was almost 10 years ago

I want to die

>mfw Gurren Lagann will finally be An Anime People Will Be Talking About 10 Years From Now™

Isn't that Tenga from Kiznaiver?

You tell me.

>a forced meme: the show

Does Sup Forums prefer the 2nd movie or the second half of the series?

I've heard people suggest watching the first half of the series and then just watching the 2nd movie because the final fight is better.

I just watched it for the first time a year or two ago.

Gurren Lagann was, sadly, when I stopped paying attention to anime.

I didn't like that the movie got rid of all the deaths of the crew felt like they forced a happier ending for no reason.

this, i also liked how they kept the whole dai gurren team alive at the end, obviously for there to be more mechas to fight the anit spiral, but still i personally didn't wnat to see them die and, they had such little screen time and emotional attatchment to the viewer that their deaths didn't even work

good, it's the far superior version.

>they had such little screen time and emotional attatchment to the viewer that their deaths didn't even work
This, if Gurren Lagann couldn't handle one thing properly, it was deaths.

>Death for character development is lazy
>Deaths of background characters for no reason is shit
>Deaths of main characters for no reason is shit

Although, I did like Kittan's death, I thought the self-sacrifice thing was well done and fit his character. He got progressively better, especially after the time skip

bless

Trivia. Gurren Lagann went to shit when Kamina died.

Dub Kamina and grown Simon was as hotblooded as the sub so it's okay.

>Deaths of main characters for no reason is shit
if kamina wasn't dead, he would've led team dai gurren and simon wouldln't have a chance to grow
>Death for character development is lazy
HOW?

What ever you say Rossio you big forehead bastard

KAMI A SHIT HE CUKED THE MC AND THEN PUNCH HIM WHAT THE FUCK. HE DESERVED TO DIE

LET SEE YOU CLENCH THOSE TEETH

I like both. They're very different but that's not a bad thing. But nothing can ever top the final fight of the series.

BELIEVE ALEPPO WHO IS BELIEVE IN YOU

>mfw I've been on this fucking ride for 8 fucking years

GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB

Still my favourite anime. I know it's flawed in some aspects but nothing tops it for me, no matter how elitist Sup Forums gets about the show and newfags who watch it.

The episode before the last one is pure anime kino.

A shit brother who jobs and dies too easily.

Series, but Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana was great

For fuck's sake, he got back up from BEING DEAD, give his bro important life advice, and then he helped avenge his own death.

THEN, when his bro was at his worst, he did the impossible again and reached out from Brohalla and helped snap his bro out of his funk so Simon could break free of the dimensional labyrinth.

If you're gonna get killed, that's on the short list of awesome ways to go, and to call that being less than the best of brothers is flat out wrong.

You had to ruin it just when I'm about to watch it.

>posting a frog
Looks like you had it coming. Stay out of threads for shows you haven't watched next time.

a virgin cuck?

gurren laggan's dub was terrible.
The second half of the series was better but it's totally worth watching the second movie anyways because it's really good as well.