So does everyone die at the end of stone ocean? like, everyone? how does a new universe get created...

so does everyone die at the end of stone ocean? like, everyone? how does a new universe get created? can someone please explain stone ocean to me?

It's a gag series you dumbfuck

When pucci dies the world has ANOTHER reset but their souls go on to live but as if pucci never existed as he died before the reset and his soul couldnt move onto the next world

Irene has jolynes soul or whatever

SBR is a different universe entirely.

Pucci said that if he dies Made in Heaven is undone. Emporio kills him and Made in Heaven is reverted. Things return to the original universe as if nothing ever happened, but because Pucci himself died during Made in Heaven he gets replaced by a lookalike with a different fate, where he either never met DIO or didn't befriend him, which meant that Part 6 itself didn't happen because DIO never found someone trustworthy enough to call an equal. So Jolyne and co lived different lives with their original souls, with no memory of what happened which makes them different people. Parts 1-5 happen exactly the same only Jotaro has a different name and never found out about DIO's Heaven plan because it wasn't in the diary. It's meant to be bittersweet because the world was only saved because of Jolyne's actions though no one but Emporio, not even herself, will ever know it.

wait why does jotaro have a different name?

and if part 6 never ends up happening, do jotaro and jolyne ever meet?

thank you very much for the explanation btw

No one 'dies', people are carried over into the next universe just like Emporio unless Pucci killed them himself like Jolyne's group, who are replaced by soulless copies. When Pucci is killed, Made in Heaven is undone because he couldn't reach Cape Canaveral again in the new universe and everything goes back to the old universe sans Pucci himself because he died in the new universe. He gets replaced in the old universe by a soulless copy with a different fate which changes the fate of the main group to one where they aren't in prison and are free from the Joestar curse because Pucci never inherited and perverted DIO's will. So everything except 6 still happens. Jolyne is called Irene because different memories make you a different person even if the soul is the same, and one of the big themes with FF earlier on was whether her memories made her alive or is she needed a soul to be considered human. In the end it has to be both, someone with the exact same memories as you isn't you yet at the same time you without any memories isn't you either even if it's the same soul. Emporia has to live in a world where remnants of the people he knew remain but not the people themselves. They'll always be there but there'll always be something missing too. Like FF said she'd rather die with her memories intact than live on without them, because it wouldn't be her without her memories.

thanks for clearing that up buddy

that's pretty sad if you think about it eh

Because Jotaro was killed just like Jolyne, so when things go back to normal he's slightly changed too. He still did everything we know he did but his personality was slightly different, probably differing from finding the diary onwards because he wouldn't be on guard from Pucci for the rest of his life, making him a better father in the process. And Jotaro and Jolyne met before Part 6, he was just rarely around which changed in the final universe which is why she has a healthy relationship and is going to see him.

And no problem explaining it, it was rushed as fuck because Araki spent too much time faffing about earlier in the Part so when he reached the end there wasn't enough content left to stretch it out for another volume so he had to cram all that into the last 3 chapters which makes it way more confusing than it could have been. That's also the end of the original universe, none of DIO's influence remains in the world as of Giorno killing Diavolo so everything is normal from then on, and Part 7 is a new continuity entirely because Araki really likes the series and wanted a fresh start that let him write without being bothered by managing 17 years of canon but without just forsaking the old canon entirely.

Yeah, it was a bittersweet ending but holy fuck did it get me. I liked the theme of identity and what actually comprises it, and how FF seemingly had the right idea all along despite being plankton that got smart enough to think critically because Pucci wondered what would happen if he through a Stand disc into a pond because he was bored.

it all makes sense now. thank you so much dude, you didn't have to take your time to explain something so in depth to some asshat on Sup Forums.

Meh, I didn't like it that much on the first read but it grew on me after a reread. It's one of the more divisive Parts. You should definitely give it a reread after you've read 7 and 8. And no problem explaining it, I actually really like the ending and the themes in Stone Ocean even if most of the moment to moment action and Stand fights was a step down from Vento Aureo, and a lot of people don't understand the ending or misinterpret it so I like explaining it so people can form their own opinions about it. 7 and 8 are pretty good though, I think the quality of Araki's writing improves with each Part so I'm sure you'll like them a lot.

That's literally what happens though, it's not too hard to follow if you keep in mind everything that Pucci says in the last 3 chapters. The issue is that it was like DIO's World where critical elements pertaining to how Jotaro killed DIO are mentioned once and never again and you're expected to remember it all right up to the final moment.

i've already read part 7 and i'm almost caught up with part 8

part 7 best and i'll probably reread 6 soon if you think it'll help my shit taste

>inb4 gappy makes me happy

I'd give them all a reread honestly, though 6 is the one it helped the most for me. Also, Jo2uke causes a chemical reaction in my brain that triggers the release of mass amounts of Dopamine, causing a feeling of immense joy to wash over my entire self when I lay eyes upon him.

oh not you again you were in the last thread fuck

i was the guy who ended up loving gappy while reading part 8

Gappy makes my asshole moist.

post rare gappys

Haha you won't fucking escape me. Not until you fully give yourself over to Gappy. Simply loving him is not enough and I won't leave you alone until you surrender yourself, body and soul.

cute as fuck

Be glad he didn't post the paragraph long version.

there's a fucking paragraph version of 'verbose' gappy happy?

fuck i hate those because it ends up being a huge run on sentence and falls flat. that shit ain't funny senpai.

YEah it's been posted in the last few threads. It's always accompanied by a shittily drawn MSPaint Gappy, with the joke being it gets longer and more verbose the shittier the image is but the better the image is the shorter and dumber the text is. Like, posting one from a cover because it's so detailed would be like 'gap maek hap' while standard manga pages give you the standard expression and onwards from there. It's not particularly funny but I do get a little grin when it's posted, but not enough to read it again or join in.

Dop makes me hop

anything that requires more than 15 mins in ms paint posted here makes me sad

anyway, i think that it should be the opposite way with the verbose memes. it should be really stupid when the picture is low detail, and increase from there.
like, who the fuck actually takes time out of their day to make a stupid meme that's not even funny?

i fucking hate jolyne but i would stone her ocean

No idea tbqh. At least people appreciate how happy they can be made by Gappy.

>not liking Jolyne
She fully inherited Jonathan's compassion, Joseph's trickery and Jotaro's awesomeness in addition to having a good character arc that makes her more than the sum of her parts and is also hot as fuck. Most well rounded JoJo and died for our sins.

but she's a worse jotaro and everything you said is false kek

she also has a vagina so +1

Who would be the best man for Jolyne?

i swear to god if anyone says gappy...

gap man is too pure for this bitch

HOw is everything I said false if it's demonstratably in the manga?

Bruno is the best boy so obviously he should go with the best girl. Araki really liked Bruno so he basically made him a hot girl and made her the MC of the next Part.

Speedreader detected.

Araki should pair them together more, truly a match made in heaven.

You tricky fucker. But he should, they're perfect.