I consider myself to be pretty casual when it comes to watching anime. My favorite I've ever seen is Yu Yu

I consider myself to be pretty casual when it comes to watching anime. My favorite I've ever seen is Yu Yu.

How shit are my tastes? Also can someone tell me how different the manga is compared to the anime?

Yu Yu had good characters and meh arcs. Togashi got better at both in HxH, which is considered a golden standard for battle shounen series. Taste discussion here is usually shitflinging with contrasting favourite genres anyways, so don't even bother caring

Ok. Well I always did feel like the characters were the best part of YYH. I also liked the shit out of the Tournament arc. Toguro was a great villain in my opinion (I just wasn't to into his final form at 100%)

>HxH, which is considered a golden standard for battle shounen series.

>meh arcs

user, please, name animes with good arcs and tell us your favorite animes.

And? This isn't even my opinion, but of the fans of the genre. Same can be said for series like One Piece, Ruruno, Gintama, etc.

Rurouni Kenshin is pretty overrated desu it was only good for one arc, the rest is mediocre at best.

Not shit at all, Yu Yu Hakusho is fantastic.
There aren't that many differences between the manga and the anime, other than in the last arc, that's even shorter in the manga as you don't see the last battles. A couple characters are a bit changed though, like Koenma, who is more of a joke character (his ogre assistant doesn't even exist in the manga, so all comedy scenes with him are anime-exclusive), or Keiko, who is more forceful in the manga than she is in the anime (for example, during the tournament, usually when in the anime she's worried for Yuusuke in the manga she's just cheering enthusiastically). Oh, and for some reason Atsuko is left behind in the tornament arc, too.
There are probably more differences, but that's what I remember right now.

So with a few changes to minor characters it's pretty much the same? I've been watching it again, and started to wonder if it was a faithful transition from manga to anime again.

The only other animes I've watch recently were JoJo, Berserk movies, One Punch Man, and I don't browse Sup Forums really so I'm not sure what's a 'good' anime around here.

Any animes to watch that are like YYH, like someone said HxH above?

Well Manga wise the last arc was good not as good as the kyoto but still better than the first and 3rd season of anime. Plus counting trust x betrayal I think the series is worthy of its praise

>dubfags aren't aware that YuYu Hakusho is a fujoshit series

i'll tell you my opinions OP

YYH is an amazing shounen. fun from beginning to end. it really does get bigger as the series goes along. the tournaments are amazing.

DBZ despite being extremely well known is incredibly influential and does have great arcs including Frieza, androids, Cell, and little bits of Buu but there is no doubt Buu is incredibly flawed.

Rurouni Kenshin isn't as amazing as people may think but it's fun and cozy to watch.

FMA & FMAB is incredibly overrated and one of the weaker shows but it does have cool moments and it does have one of the more better character developments for an anime.

only saw 10 episodes of Attack on Titan but it seems pretty decent with high quality art and animation. The characters are incredibly bland and forgettable though.

Naruto is just shit. tried watching it and I just can't sit through it. the MC is just too obnoxious and bratty for me to deal with. It didn't really do anything new to impress me.

One Piece seems alright but I have no interest to watch all of it. The MC is pretty obnoxious but the other characters and the overall story make up for it. Only saw the 1st season and That's all I need.

never watched Bleach but I hear mixed opinions

never watched Inyuasha but I hear it's shit.

never saw any HxH but I hear it's pretty decent but like all long running shounens, some people are gonna shit on it.

Fairy Tail is offensively bad. The characters suck, the action is bad, and the story is bland as fuck.

Soul eater was a disappointment. The 1st episode was so cool then it went downhill from there. I expected so much more and Blackstar is one of the worst characters in history.

I dont know if Champloo counts as a shounen but it's amazing. The only problem is the girl is very bland

Kenichi is an underrated shounen. real fun mix of comedy and action. amazing character development, and every character has a purpose.

That's about it. I try to stay away from shounens nowadays though. Its just too much

I still love the show, but the arcs have good ideas with mediocre execution, at least in the anime. The characters are what really make the whole show special to me.

>Detective Arc
Solid character introductions, but became nothing special afterwards

>Dark Tournament
A lot of badass fights, but ruined by being too damned long. Power level inconsistency in general got sillier than DBZ.

>Sensui
Felt like the closest arc to HxH with the powers. I felt the show waned in quality from here.

>Three Kings
Started amazing with the world building of the Demon World and character development with Hei and Kurama, then shit the bed towards the end.

Not a good rundown I know, but I feel that Togashi's writing has gotten a lot better after YYH. Knowing that he was overworked doesn't help either.
I guess my favourite battle shounen arcs are Water 7/Enies Lobby from One Piece, Yorkshin and Chimera Ants from HxH, Faudo from Gash Bell, and 2nd Tourney from Dragon Ball.

Never read/watched it honestly, I just know its considered one of the best.

I forgot Yuusuke spends a lot more time being a ghost in the manga, so you can read it if you want, and that you should at least read the last tome, because there's a final short adventure worth checking. Other than that, yes, it's quite faithful.

HxH is from Togashi tool, so you'll probably like it. I personally prefer YYH, but HxH is enjoyable as well.

You mean the revenge arc? I haven't read it but I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

>I dont know if Champloo counts as a shounen but it's amazing. The only problem is the girl is very bland
OP here. Loved Champloo as well. Totally agree with you on that.

>Totally agree with you on that.
you should agree with everything I say. I like to think my opinions are more objectively factual than anything else.

I thought the Frieza arc was incredibly overrated honestly. DBZ in general lacked the adventure, charm and sense of humor the original series had that it sorely needed, not to mention it went way overboard with the power creep.

DBZ is fun, one piece was fun but never watched much. Hate Naruto.

That's all I know man.

>I thought the Frieza arc was incredibly overrated honestly
agreed, but it still needs to be included.
>DBZ in general lacked the adventure, charm and sense of humor the original series had
its suppose to be different. if you dont like it, dont watch it. stick with DB
>it went way overboard with the power creep.
well thats the point of shounens. The main character getting stronger is the point. I guess you could make the argument that the power is just too much, but thats how it separates itself from other typical shounens. also the whole god thing now is pretty cool whereas they kind of missed an opportunity with the kais which were extremely underpowered.

When it gets to the point where the side characters may as well not even exist anymore then it's a bad thing.

Do Beerus, whis, vegeta, champa, hit, and vados count as side chars?

>dragon ball pooper

at least it does a better job with the side characters than GT ever did. at least now they're making Roshi and Krillen relevant again. Even Gohan gets some screen time.

Well that's what was being discussed right? super making side chars them useless?

why do people alwats bitch about side characters. GT is the perfect example when you think about it. they took a character like Pan who is a borderline side character and made her a MC and she was one of the biggest reasons why the series was shit. Same with trunks except he was incredibly useless and bland even the he was the coolest character in DBZ when he was just a side character. Does it really fucking matter if they took characters like Krillen and Yamcha and made them more then just side characters? if anything, it would be shit.