Manga discussion thread

What are you reading?
What have you got on your backlog?

This was completely scanlated recently. What a strong finish!
Miyata Kouji was a very unique mangaka.
He like all my favorite artists would draw you into these cute and whimsical and comfy worlds. A great loss he was.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/0vx1uewG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I read a manga sometime back about a girl who is looking to meet her real father with the help of a transgender detective who is the elder brother of the guy who becomes her boyfriend through the course of the manga. It's really light hearted and a funny read.
I can't see to remember the name. Can someone help me? You'd definitely know if you read it.

No guns life.

It's like Ghost in the Hhell mixed with Keyman.

Oh right this got a new chapter. Very cool concept and art.

I read too much to keep count. That being said, wolfsmund got a new volume recently and Iv been enjoying ak manga.

Also
>Looking (updating) for delinquent manga with female lead, akin to Kill la Kill
>There are none

This baffling given how much there are shit about male delinquents. How the fuck is this even possible, given how many niche works are currently on the market?

>This baffling given how much there are shit about male delinquents
Give it up. The oversize Gakuran and pompadour delinquent manga era is gone.
All you'd get today is a badass gyaru heroine at most.
Though I'm sure when everyone else was making delinquent focused manga somebody made one with a female lead. It probably didnt get scanlated because it wasnt very well known or something.

I wish we got to see more of Tonomura, he was my favorite character.

Also, has anyone been following Hox's random one-shot dumps recently?
I believe three of them occurred this week.

Golden Kamuy, best ongoing manga at the moment in my opinion.

thats some good shit, too bad it has food fillers. Whats with mangakas using food as a filler anyways?

I just started reading this and I have to agree with you. I havent reached these food fillers yet get the feeling that its going too join the Berserk, Vinland, Vagabond babby's first seinen group.

Also what do you mean by
>mangakas using food as a filler anyways
You mean like Dungeon Meshi, Ane no Onaka o Fukuramaseru wa Boku and Nomi joshi?
But those have always been about the food one way or another.

Youjo Senki, Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa, Chio-chan, Fire Punch, Watamote, Helck, Everyone Loves Large Chests
Backlog consists of shitload follows at batoto, bunch of copyrighted manga from goddess and occasional bookmarks at manhahere.
>inb4 online reading pleb shaming

Aside from a shitload of subscriptions on mangarock,i finally got around to readying lone wolf and cub. It's really growing on me.

I'm reading everything you mentioned there.
Chio Chan and Fire punch were both surprisingly fresh.
For the online reader plebshaming part:
Why Batoto? They've fucking crazy mods and are completely arbitrary in stuff that they remove and leave up on there. Also the community makes me cringe everytime.
>mangahere

Just use kissmanga with some adblocker.

Someone sent me a script for another chapter from Yoshida Mitsuhiko's Paper Theatre, so that might get a release soon.

Aside from that, Golgo 13 and Umibe no Machi are being worked on.

>Paper Theatre
>Umibe no Machi
Both look pretty whack and absurdist.

Happiness is good so far, as expected of that mangaka, since I loved flowers of evil

Finally started reading dorohedoro, now at chapter 90 and I don't know what the fuck is going on. Just give cute lizard back please.

I've been reading Joshiraku and finishing the last volume of Renai Kaidan Sayoko-san.
Man its been getting weird.

I'm going to start reading Flying Witch once I finish Joshiraku.

He comes back, don't worry. He gets regenerated from the preserved head. Has no memory of anything that happened after getting the head cut off though.

Thank god, I was getting worried.

Anyone read Arms Peddler? Is it axed or on hiatus or what? I'm really digging the art, setting and characters. The female lead is pretty badass too.

Reading Inuyasha. It's very flawed, but I enjoy it. Rumiko stuff really grew on me, and I love her character design. Been a while since a manga thread, I love those.

Lone wolf and cub is great, the final fight is amazing and the art style is really immersive. Plus I love it when he shout "Assassin, lone wolf and cub!" before he kills.
>Golgo 13
I wonder does it even worth the read? it's so long and it isn't like a gag manga or something. Must be really repetitive or something.

>why batoto
Cuz I found it first, the resolution is decent and I've already bookmarked the shit out of it.

Isekai Izakaya Nobu

Yes it's an isekai story. Surprise surprise

>the MC is cute tho

Kissmanga just scrapes the first copy of a chapter from Batoto anyway, and you need fucking Facebook to ask the mods to upload something. No thanks.

1. Fist of the North Star

2. Rose of Versailles

3. ERASED

Wow he's realy cute.

So use it for reading. Unlike batoto atleast it keeps ecchi shit and is not filling up with Yaoi/gayshit.

Yuck!

I watched the anime- its still one of my favourites. Should I keep the manga saved?

Uzumaki

I only watched the anime when it was on TV (years ago) but from what I understood the anime and manga are pretty much similar (with fillers here and there) so the anime is supposed to be a good alternative. If you got the time though, nothing else to read and watched it a long time ago, sure why not?
Uzumaki is great but after chapter 15 or so it got kinda shitty. The end is cute though.

Finished reading Wolfsmund the other day, I rather liked it. The art style might not be great, but it works, and the final couple of volumes really pick the pace up and kept me hooked.

>delinquent manga with female lead, akin to Kill la Kill

This is pretty much exactly what you're looking for, in grindhouse horror flick flavor.

Just finished SoreMachi yesterday (while also reading Be My Dog).

I'm using this to sort the chapters in chronological order: pastebin.com/0vx1uewG
Still 28 chapters left to order.
26 is obviously the older one.
137 -> 118 second half - > 119 -----< 118 first half
Anymore ideas?

Why hasn't the final 30 chapters of Boys On The Run been translated yet?

Few months ago some user pointed me to two original web-novels: one about mimic chest and another about goblin vampire alchemist
Supposedly both are original western novels.
I've found the mimic one and have been creating /wsr thread for goblin alchemist one almost daily since then to no avail.
Maybe somebody knows the name of this novel here?

Shame the author died
Truly loved his alien girl manga

>the last volume of Renai Kaidan Sayoko-san.
Just finished it.
I cried

Because any fool who knows Kengo hanazawa can tell how its going to end.
HintHe gets cucked by fate again

Look it up in the archives if you've been following the threads somebody figured it out or posted a link to where some Nip figyured it out.

PIcked up Chio-chan recently. I was so happy when I found out the artist used to draw doujins.

I have the unforunate feeling that the manga will never be as good as the one shot/first chapter though.

for example why did jyuzou and mega-arm start fighting?

first gondry revealed that he was on jyuzou's back in the jacket, then they both started fighting gondry, then next chapter just as mega-arm was about to finish off gondry suddenly mega-arm and jyuzou started fighting and now jyuzou's in berserker mode or something.

the style and way jyuzou actsis fun but overall the plotting is crap

This chapter described the various sentiments a lot Sup Forums users have regarding Eastern vs Western game philosophy and game design so well.

>the heroine is a gorilla

Fuck you, eating osoma is great.

I don't think you can read that manga for the plot. Its the visuals.
Is it accurate though? I have no clue about, any /k/ here?

Grand Blue.

One of the best reads i have had in a long while. I like the fact they aren't using fanservice (Excluding naked macho men in true Inukami fashion) as plot.

All mangaka that ever lived must be forced to read this 10 times a day.

Why has this series taken off on Sup Forums recently?

I've been following it for a while, and it's fine, but I'm not blown away or anything. It doesn't do anything badly, but it doesn't particularly excel at anything, just sort of shuffles between okay food comedy and okay action.

KODOMO WA WAKATTE AGENAI.
Sorry for the all caps.

>Sorry for the all caps.
What the fuck? Just retype it not in caps, you autist.

1. Jew Press.
2. They were not, there are even chapters dumps every now and then

Too lazy. Elbow tendinitis.

I thought Juuzou started going into berserker mode because his cigarettes (what keeps him functional) ran out? That's what i saw at least.

Thank you very much. I'm the one who asked and I don't even mind the capitals.

I almost ignored it because it's isekai but it's actually mostly about food. This manga is pretty good.

Didn't expect that much when i first started reading it. But it's actually pretty good, even if the formula is pretty tested and true.

I've already read the ones that were interesting and didn't care about some others. Kinda disappointed by the whole thing honestly.

I read one when I found it, but I missed the others and it's just not the same reading it in the archive.

I miss the Sangokushi dumps.

Finally started reading GTO because the scans are much better now.

Rereading Lolicon Phoenix even though I have >10 manga waiting to be read on my backlog.
Which should I read next?
Happiness (Oshimi Shuzo) or Hyouryou Net Cafe?

> >10 manga
Nigger, I have a backlog of 500+ series (half of them are probably complete trash, I've collected them from a bunch of random sources over time), and yet here I am rereading Zakuro.

>the scans are much better now.

The evil that men do.

Welp, since this is a manga thread: what do you guys use to read your manga? PC, Tablet, Phone whatever.

I've been using Manga Meeyaa on PC for ages (and CDisplay before that) and only now run into issues with loading archives in png format. For the Tablet/Phone I'm using MangaRock for the weekly stuff and Perfect View for stuff from my own archives.

SumatraPDF.

Fuck don't remind me. People need to suffer as I.
PC only. Years ago I read on the mobile phone, but looking at it now I don't know how could I.

Honeyview 3 on PC.

CDisplayEX on PC.

I still use both CDisplay and CDisplayEX on PC.
Haven't tried anything else though.

Do you also hoard a huge backlog then proceed to angst over specific ongoing series hesitant to read anything else?

Jesus Christ, I stand defeated.

No, I mostly pick up random things on a whim from the new updates list, and then half of them never update again and my ongoing list just gets longer and longer while my backlog languishes.

Either on my Computer or on my KindleXL. Pretty much comes down to if it's worth the hassle to put it on the kindle or not.

>What are you reading?
I started reading High School Debut again. I forgot how much I love the MC. She's a lovable moron, who also manages to generally stay positive and upbeat. Plus she's /fit/.

>What have you got on your backlog?
I was thinking of picking up Iris Zero again, since people have been talking about it lately.

Been meaning to check it out, thanks user.

>Backlog.

Reading = Still published or all chapters scanned.
Hold = Finished publishing, scans missing for a complete series.
Plan to read = Probably need to clean it up.

What are you guys using to keep track? mangaupdates?

Both of those screenshots are from MAL.
MU has the better database but I personally prefer MAL because it has more stats.

Honeyview is fantastic for PC.
On my table I use Manga OCR reader since I read in Japanese.

Started Zipang

Mostly Mangatraders SUB. I can't use Mangaupdates because it just makes me depressed.

>v.4 c.24-25 by Renzokusei Scans (741d ago)

What the fuck guys.
Maybe you should read Kodomo manga instead because those are easy to understand.

Gondry went gaga because unethical, inhuman practices used to quickly drive the tech forward during the war drove early Extends crazy, and war-hero Saint MegaArm is in on the cover-up.
After failing to kill Mr. Arms due to being subdued by Juice-o, Gondry seems to regain some measure of memory and sanity and starts babbling out secrets while being hauled to the police.
So Mr. Arms decides to do away with him, and with the witnesses aka Juicy and his needle-using friend. He almost succeeds in this backstab maneuveur, but then Jyuzou goes berserk because his suppressor drug-laced cigs are out.

Finished Binbougami-ga! - Shit was nice.

In the middle of reading JoJo VA again.

Also got Sesuji wo Pin to keep up with.

I used to download through mIRC, used IrfanView for displaying and kept up to date on manga-updates...
Now I just have an account on Batoto (and Kissmanga for everything they don't upload), because like that I can follow hundreds of manga at once (my account says 706 follows, but a lot are already finished or translations have ceased).

>sesuji wo pin

it's a great read, the main couple is really endearing.

never been so hyped before when i started playing SUAVEMENTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE while i was reading the competition parts

What expectations do you set man? They pretty good even the ones I'd read before. It felt like some kind of validation from someone you respect.

Just finished reading Love Lab's new translated side stories.
;_;

You should read someone other than Oshimi Shuzo imo. I've read most of his stuff and he always sucks at the endings.The only work from him I actually like is the Sweet poolside

It's not just the endings, he loses the thread somewhere in the thick of it. He can't follow through on anything well.

It's pretty awesome.

>What have you got on your backlog?
A lot of long completed shit for the most part.

3x3 Eyes
Hyde & Closer
Dragon Quest - Dai no Daibouken
Takemitsu Zamurai
Billy Bat
The Ghost and the Lady

Currently reading Angel Densetsu and Blade of the Immortal as well before getting into any of the other ones above.

>what are you reading?
I've been reading Wolfsmund on and off, I have the series coming in the mail but I usually read scanlations before buying. I like its art and Wolfram's dicking around but I haven't read past volume 6 yet.

>backlog?
Ooku and House of Five Leaves, I love the other stuff by Yoshinaga and Ono but I've never been able to get into feudal series.

Tablet/PC - honeyview
iPhone - comicglass

>Ooku
Fucking read it, I haven't seen anyone else mention it in years and years and I need company. Too bad no one scans the English releases anymore.

Except for Hyde and Closer I've got all of that stuff on my backlog too. I'll add that too I suppose.
But I've read both Angel Densetsu and Blade of the immortal but theyre classics man why havent you read them? And why am I not reading anything from my backlog? Fuck me.

Binbougami-ga was great, it was a lot of fun to randomly find it and see that it was finished.

Any other finished things I should look into? I read Gash and ushio- the things that were recently storytimed to good effect. I'd love for Karakuri circus to be translated, but that's probably a dying wish.

I've been looking to read Shiguri properly. I think I started it like 10 years ago(?) when I was a kid and got scared off, but I feel like it should be worthwhile.