Just finished marathoning this, enjoyed it immensely

Just finished marathoning this, enjoyed it immensely.

Is it really true that Rem somehow died on the way back to the capital, her existence was erased so no one remembers her, and the save point moved to where Subaru can never save her? I seem to have heard other stuff that contradicts this. If it's true, that's a real dick move by the author.

Other urls found in this thread:

translationchicken.com/2016/09/12/rezero-arc-3-interlude-ii-lets-eat-12/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>enjoyed it

kys

Yes unfortunately

btw
finnaly someone with an honest wholesome opinion of Re:Zero

too many new fags these days thinking it's cooler than cigarettes to shit on this show

>Just finished marathoning this, enjoyed it immensely.
>>>/reddit/

>kys

go back to Sup Forums

Rem does not die, she will be back just wait.

Didn't the author say that if Rem was totally beyond saving, Subaru would be completely mind broken?

As for the show, I actually only watched it because the threads on here seemed positive when it was airing, but I had some other stuff going on. It's a very common pattern though. Steins;Gate was the same way.

>stop liking what i don't like!
This is literally SAO all over again.

Then what's the deal with this thing about Subaru saying he loved Rem too to Emilia and her being like "Who is Rem?"

If you're interest in knowing what happens, go into a thread for Re:Zero and request the pastebin that has all the info you need to know and the ending they cut short.

No, she is not dead, but she is in a coma.

>when you die people forget about your existence

I thought you finished marathoning it.
That was from one of Subaru's loops through the Puckening. She was hit by the white whale's fog in that one, which erases people from existence. Subaru later died to a very angry furfag that was mad about him being such a dipshit.

Yeah, but this is supposedly after he gets the good ending, saves Emilia and the villagers and destroys the witch cult.

Is this Gluttony guy the reason they forgot her? And are the LN translated at all?

Rem gets erased by another Archbishop. She's a potato now and only Honda remembers her, and she's still winning the Mazdabowl.

A giant pussy murders everyone, a huge black psycho eats a village, blonde witches are the best, Subaru gets a killer rimjob, someone sticks it in Petra, Beako did nothing wrong, and keikakuman's waifu ruins the whole keikaku.

It's not an LN. It's a WN.
translationchicken.com/2016/09/12/rezero-arc-3-interlude-ii-lets-eat-12/
Start reading here, nig.

yes. they fucked up the ending.
if it continued for a bit longer you would get to see the "whos rem?" scene.

I thought it was a WN that was condensed and rewritten as a LN like SAO.

How the fuck was he allowed to tell everyone where the whale was going to spawn without dying

In fact after that part he pretty much keeps telling everyone things that are going to happen in the future without dying

That happens 1 or 2 lines after the anime finishes.

because he's just saying
>THING will happen, trust me
instead of
>THING will happen, because i've lived the future

Yeah, she got eaten by the whale offscreen in the later loop, and when Subaru tries to go back to save her, he just ends up exactly where he discovered that nobody remembered her.

He told them his metia could track it down. Metia as far as i'm aware are artifacts of many different uses.

From what i understand so far, they may all be stuff from earth, since Subaru is not the only person who came into that world from earth. It has been happening for years.

Yenpress has the license, it's being translated at snail's pace. They'll pass the anime in maybe 2 years.

What people are translating is the WN since it's far ahead compared to the LN currently.

You're right, Re:Zero is exactly like SAO

I wish ">>>/reddit/"-posters would just fuck off. To reddit for example.

Except previous to that he can't say anything without dying

When he told the girl the village was going to be raided and she was going to die the girl ended up dying

He was very precise when he warned everyone about the whale

>it will spawn x day at x hour

same deal with pretty much everything that followed

>reddit:Zero
Fuck off to your general

So a 7/10 anime but only hated because of it's popularity?

Rem and Crush were attacked by the archbishop's of greed and gluttony. Crush loses her memories and Rem's not dead but in a coma where everyone forgets her but Subaru. His new quest is to save her and become her hero once again.

She's not dead, but she is comatose and no one remembers her

>When he told the girl the village was going to be raided and she was going to die the girl ended up dying
What? She died because he said 'I can return by death to come back when I die'

He told her exactly what his power was, and that breaks the taboo. He can say whatever random shit he wants, he just can't explain to anyone why he knows what he does.

>7/10 anime
Get your shit taste out of Sup Forums.

>SAO
>7

>REEEEEEEEE MOMMY HIS TASTES ARE DIFFERENT MAKE IT STOPPPPP!!!!!!

I've gotten to the end of arc 3 thanks to the chicken, but I'm torn between satiating my hunger and reading on or waiting until S2 and enjoying the twists then.

Except GGO arc was actually enjoyable. Everything about reddit:zero is utter trash and people who like it generally just need to watch more anime.

Here, now fuck off.

Isn't that a little convenient that this guy has the same power as the whale? Does it erase physical evidence of her existence too?

>Except GGO arc was actually enjoyable.
>Desu gun
>Oh wait, there's THREE desu guns
>This guy has to be desu gun because his screen name is a german word
>Oh look the bad guy is a rapist, again
>No one would ever use a knife in a game with guns in it

Well, the Whale is a beast made by Gluttony, and he's the Archbishop of Gluttony associated with the Whale. His power only differs in that it leaves a physical body behind, presumably because he is stealing their memories and gains them, including any skills they might have.

>7/10
Not even on IGN's scale.

If you're treating 5 as average like a sane person, it's like a 4 or a 3. For every good thing you can say about the anime, you can list a negative that directly works against it for a negative experience all-around.

Is this normal? People seemed to enjoy it when it was airing?

Is there any anime that has escaped the pattern of Sup Forums loving a show when it airs, only for it to be blindly attacked by shitposters after the fact?

the whale was his pet so it's understandable that they have similar powers, he wanted to check who killed it and met crush and rem on the way

So the Archbishop of Gluttony is 400 years old?

SAO is worse for me because of the difference in development between the MCs. Subaru may have been an annoying, incompetent fuck for 95% of the show, but at least he had a definite character. Replace Kirito with your MC from a mobile jrpg and you'll get the same result. We see from all of his different timelines how much Subaru's decisions matter to the story.

No. The Archbishop(s) of Gluttony are really weird, but each of their star names stems from constellations associated with the 3 great mabeasts. Batenkaitos (Cetus, the White Whale), Arneb (Lepus, the Great Hare), and Alphard (Hydra, the Black Snake)

Does the fact that this timeline is even possible mean Puck didn't destroy the world after Emilia died?

Puck is full of himself, Reinhard destroys him easily. Roswaal or Regulus could also kill him if they were so inclined. Even Betty has a non-zero chance of beating him.

Er, then how did he create it? Isn't it supposed to be 400 years old?

Reinhard kills Puck in case he tries to destroy the world

I think Rienhard kills Puck since he has literally every blessing imaginable including an extra life, so Puck's rampage could only get so far.

If Reinhard is so awesome, how did the assassin chick survive his attack?

She is a vampire and has a revive ability, she actually died from his attack

The Witch of Gluttony, not the Archbishop of Gluttony. All mabeasts were created by her, although common knowledge says Satella created them since knowledge of the other Witches was purged by the Witch Cult.

So there are vampires in this? I guess they are the kind that can walk in the sun.

He wasn't going all out since he didn't use his own sword.

So the witch cult isn't just about Satella, but the other witches is as well? Then why was Betelgeuse fixated on her, and not the witch of sloth?

Also, was Betelgeuse the weakest Archbishop (once his plans were exposed he was easy enough to beat)?

she showed up at night

The witch cult is about Satella, kind of. The other Archbishops don't care about her at all, only Betelgeuse was on task. He is more or less the weakest archbishop.

Elsa is kind of like a vampire, she's not really one. She can suffer basically any fatal wound and will regenerate eventually. The vampire connection comes from that she steals lives to accomplish this, so she has more regeneration the more people she has killed.

>Except GGO arc was actually enjoyable
DEATH GUN
E
A
T
H

G
U
N

But seriously, you enjoyed it because how hilariously bad this arc was, right?

He probably underestimated her thinking she was human. The attack was probably strong enough to end a human, but Elsa has retarded healing.

I hear she is some sort of vampire bu i'm not sure.

His sword draws itself, Elsa isn't a target worth using it on.

Even then, the Cult is run more by Pandora, the Witch of vainglory, from the shadows. Satella really doesn't have much involvement with the Cult far as I know.

That's really fucking weird that they didn't include that then. It's almost as if they didn't want to confirm a second season.

Well Satella is sealed up and in theory doesn't affect the outside world (Obviously she can), but the Witch Cult is in her honor, or at least currently is, about 100 years ago it seems to have been different. Probably Pandora doing some fuckery for some reason.

>a real dick move by the author.

It is, but what's an even bigger dick of a move is that Subaru actually loved her through hell and back. Tappei just likes to break his characters.

>It's almost as if they didn't want to confirm a second season.
They didn't. Or at least didn't want to commit to one when it would be a few years off at the earliest. The last couple episodes of the anime aired before the LN they were supposed to be adapting even released.

That newshit hivemind.

You gotta admit though, turning Subaru into a broken man was pretty interesting.

Oh that makes sense then, didn't know that.

They probably wanted to see how LN readers took the reveal. It would've been an impressive ending, but a total kick in the nuts to end the arc the 'correct' way when S2 would be 2 or so years off at a minimum.

>Subaru, right now, is defending that final fragment of hope like the very last bastion in his heart.
>–
>—When he arrived in the Capital, he found Rem after the attack, and when he knew all was lost, without a shred of hesitation, Subaru stabbed a dagger into his own throat.
>What he felt at that moment, he could no longer remember. Everything had turned out so perfectly, so perfect beyond everyone’s expectations — But the truth is, throwing it all away in that instant, none of it mattered to him.
>If he lost Rem, if it meant walking into a future without her, no matter how many times he must endure that pain, he will —— Only this, Subaru clearly remembers.
>Penetrating his throat, in blood, pain, searing heat, and loss, he lost all consciousness.
>When he woke, what he saw was Rem lying in a bed.
>The save point had moved forward. The place of return had changed. Subaru saw hell, and only hell.

Yes it is true

Also S2 wouldn't fix it. They'd need a S3 if they rush through Arcs 4 and 5 in one season, and that's only assuming Rem does wake up in Arc 6, though that is likely

Jesus. Subaru has the worst god damned luck.

Is it like a Dantean scale, with the weaker Archbishops affiliated with the less serious sins like sloth and lust?

Satella is a bitch, as soon as he fell for the oni she had to go.

Not really I don't think. Greed is pretty retarded strong and Pride is an unknown, but Lust is probably one of the scarier archbishops. Its hard to rank them because their powers get weird and stupidly OP.

But she isn't dead, just in a coma. I imagine she would get better if Gluttony was defeated, right?

Just wait until you reach arc 4+

Seems like most people think Subaru isn't pride, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was revealed to be it.

I don't think it would be that simple. Even Puck said that it wouldn't.

>I imagine she would get better if Gluttony was defeated, right?
Probably not a good idea. Subaru put it out there, but the only way to know would be to ask one of the Gluttonies how their authority works.

If Emilia is a half-elf, where are all the elves? It seems weird that people have no problem with demihumans, but humans with pointy ears are a no go.

Rem essentially had her soul eaten. She's dead jim, until further notice.

The Witch Cult has spent a large amount of time killing Elves, so they all hide in remote areas. The village Emilia is from is frozen over and everyone there is a popsicle. Nobody would really care if they saw an actual elf, other than the rarity.

Regardless, no author puts a character in a coma, let alone a cute girl, forever. That would be like Snow White ending "The poison apple was too strong for anything to wake up Snow White, so she slept until she died of old age. The End.

They are roaming around still, There was a side-story about a elf other than Emilia running around in Lucigna

That's obvious considering the plot-ties Rem has to the story but for her to come out a-ok is like saying Wilhelm wouldn't be forced to kill his own wife again.

>Wilhelm wouldn't be forced to kill his own wife again.

She used to love flowers

>She used to love flowers
Now she can be flowers

I thought the whale ate her. Or is that the zombie thing I read about. Oh, and speaking of that, how did Wilhelm remember her in the first place? They were kind of unclear about how you get erased by the whale--like, when Willhelm got eaten, Subaru says the fact they still remember him is proof he's alive, which made it seem like it didn't have to be the mist.

I hate this series so I'll spoil Re:Zero

Subaru's character becomes similar to Lelouch and Light.

The what didn't eat her but rather, she was fighting something more than just the Whale. But she was "alive" for quite some time after she supposedly died.

>Subaru: “Every human is a creature of sin, for which living cannot proceed devoid of victims. Thus, we may have become criminals upon the very instant of our conception in this world. But even so, people live. They are aware that although it produces victims, they cannot acquire things of worth without creating those victims... or such kind of philosophical banter feels pointless with a little girl but, is that what you mean?”

Well, you aren't wrong.

Lelouch and Light weren't ultimately similar. Lelouch never intentionally killed innocent people. He certainly endangered them and exploited them, but don't think he ever killed them.

The whale is a big whale, it doesn't need bullshit fog to kill you. Its why people know it kills people. His previous assumption was just that she died fighting it, but really there was something else involved.

The mist is what erases people, as well as digesting. There are a lot of things to take into consideration for the continuity of the Gluttonies so I wouldn't bother explaining them but just know that Wilhelm wasn't "eaten" in a sense hence why people still remembered him like Theresia.

If Rem didnt get put in a coma she would've never won the Subarubowl.

She would've won anyways. Subaru realized her importance to him when she feigned her death and got him to confess to her.

Really? She had already gotten him to confess back to her a day after he rejected her. There was no stopping that train until she was knocked up.