Oshiyama's interview:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ip2IsLvWNJJxYNTT5ODivaL2j5xbEoq3EhGhaUe48Gk/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/xlrhgpoxhgghbnc/status/816904681859399680
twitter.com/xlrhgpoxhgghbnc/status/816905027289694209
unun.booth.pm/items/403372
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycoris_radiata
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop fucking making threads, most of the people who liked the show are gone and all you'll get are samefag shitposters and people whose questions are answered in the archives but are too lazy to look themselves, instead turning to this shell of its former self.

This is the same fucking thing that happened with Madoka after Rebellion. Don't keep chaining threads unless something significant is released like the BDs or the OST.

This.

If you love it, you have to let it go.
Please remember to use sage politely

>turning to this shell of its former self.
You faggots sent the director a card. You've been a disgrace for a long time.

And you bumped it from page 7 to say this.

Learn to sage, newfag

>being this upset people don't want to give him a playground to spam his same shitposts over and over

Protip: Madoka threads love your kind, and there's one every day.

It should've been a 2-cour anime for children. No fanservice. Designs all the same but show less skin. Yayaka get her Flip Flap form more early on and join them. It's so annoying all the magical girl or any transforming girl like idol/fashionista anime for kids these days are copy and paste plots to sell toys, while the ones for teens+ are dark fanservice. Bet it would've sold more this way too, or perhaps if Papika was a boy.

YoI fans: anxiously awaiting sales numbers to shitpost against haters

FLFL fans: anxiously awaiting sales numbers because they're going to be incessantly shitposted against by haters

Ideal S2:
>Characters are all in late HS years
>Keeps the writer of Episodes 1-6 for the entire season
>Keeps studio Pablo(the background artists) for the entire season
>Focuses on individual PI episodes
>Overarching plot that is visible from Episode 3 onwards
>Less fanservice
>More expressive character faces
>Ends with an explicit OT3 for CCN, PPK & YYK,
>Just fucking get Ikuhara to direct the series

Go away /u/.

>Cockona

This whole post slightly irked me in the most mild manner. Well done, 8/10.

Ideal S2:
>No

post the papikunt one

This. That fag has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

Rude!

/u/ BTFO this exact post though. Literally no one wants this, 1 season was all it needed.

Maybe a comfy/fanservicey OVA or whatever would be nice though.

>Papicunt

>1 season was all it needed

Yeah but maybe a two cour one. I desperately wish they could have decompressed some of these episodes

I stand by my constant whining that cour and a half shows should be a thing, 16-18 episode series would have saved so much anime it's not even funny

I don't think it would have helped here.
Look at episode 3, look at episode 1. Hell, look at episode 7.

The episodes in this show are all dense. It's just the director's style that he tends towards dense episodes loaded with bigger storyboards than they could comfortable accommodate. Sometimes they work well because the episode itself has a simple story and focuses around a setup into a single big action sequence (eg. 5). More often than not, individual episodes had serious pacing issues that were simply forgivable because the episodes still managed to be good.

The problems with individual episode pacing were present all along and the only reason they stood out more in the final episodes is because the final episodes were plot-focused, and didn't always have a single climactic action sequence that made the bumbling density of the leadup worthwhile. These are fundamental issues in episode composition, and lie squarely with the director. More episodes wouldn't have solved these issues, we would have just gotten a couple more random PI adventures before the plot conclusion got wrapped up in 4 dense episodes again.

I'm just glad it flopped.

Release a manga, a 4-Koma anything

Flip the flappers.

Why is this a 2001 reference?

Artbook never.

Figs never

Fig at Wonfes probably.

God I hope.

There's at least one figure in preparation (henshin Papika)

I hope I can pre-order it.

Flip flappers would have been great if they'd made it that pure illusion was some kind of noosphere and they were collecting fragment's of people's cherished memories.
So like when they would collect a fragment they'd be deleting the memory of someone's dead grandma from someone.
Then the big reveal is that they've been erasing happy memories and you move the plot on from there. With salt being complicit in this because of his desire to bring back mimi, and the bad guys being complicit in this in their desire to... what was their motivation? Give the bad guys an actual motivation, like, say, power.

It'd thematically sting with the alzeihmers episode, and would probably make me cry bitch tears.

>and the bad guys being complicit in this in their wasn't there an interview somewhere where Oshiyama says that Asclepius' final goal was ultimately control of humanity's collective consciousness through Pure Illusion.

>deleting the memory of someone's dead grandma
You missed the point of the entire show.

You missed the entire point of my post
The entire point of the show was lame.

Once the plot kicked in, flip flappers got pretty lame.

>flop flappers

>You missed the entire point of my post
Lame for you, sure. Because you were unable to comprehend it and I don't care to explain it to you.

>cocona is mine
>no cocona is mine
>MIMIIIIII
>PAPIKAAAAAA
>COCONAAA
2 deep 4 me

based JC fucklad
this thread's fuckin' dead

There's no new content to discuss about and shitposters abound, of course it wouldn't be the best thread ever.

S2 villain is Cocona's PI alter-ego who goes around that weird part of PI that causes changes in the real world. Cocona, Papika, and Yayaka team up to fight her, and Yuyu and Toto learn how to flip flap.

Don't get me wrong; PI breaking down into reality, Cocona's entire life being a lie, even the comic relief from TT-392 (whose brain was that?) was great.
But the whole parental kidnapping and power of friendship stuff dragged on far too long.
Even the two mimis was good, and was actually under explored. Real mimi vs the PI corruption of mimi would have been a better focus if you're looking for small changes.

Just marathoned this anime. Everyone agrees Episodes 3 and 8 was best yes?

Episode 5 too.

Cute Nyunyu.

I do. ALL the others are not far behind though.

5, 11, and 12 for me. I love every bit of Yayaka's screentime and development.

Every frame a miracle

Yeah I'm pretty much done posting unless something new comes now like information from Oshiyama next Friday.

>people still watch isekai trash
Stop this.

I'm pretty sure there is a year's worth of content in Jungian fairy tales.

8 has the best soundtrack, seriously i fucking want that insert so bad, it better be in the OST.

I'm gonna make it real guys. We must bring Pure Illusion to reality.

That fucking cheek nuzzle does things to my heart

That's neck nuzzling, way lewder than cheek

There was a scary spider near my computer the past week. Did that user ever record himself doing Papika Gon' Give it to Ya?

also did salt shoot his regrets or what was that was the real magic guns?

Not him but those doors seem to be visual cues to the monolith, especially the way they overlook their bodies.

twitter.com/xlrhgpoxhgghbnc/status/816904681859399680

Can anyone translate? Seems like Kojima is saying something about a lack of time to animate these cuts?

Toto lost here. You know what that means.

twitter.com/xlrhgpoxhgghbnc/status/816905027289694209

And this one. Seems like he's saying they tried to get that bit done in time but it wasn't finished and didn't get included? I dunno just using google translate so could be way off. Either that or he's saying the quality wasn't up to his standard regrettably.

I want to fuck coconas underage pussy until she starts to devour me with her womb then her umbilical cord will be attached to my neck asfixiating me while Im cuming inside her little womb
this could be pure satisfaction XD

found another doujin I haven't seen before.
unun.booth.pm/items/403372

nah that's been posted before, it's just KKK fucking them, Nynyu gets anal.

Nope. 1, 5 and 9 are the best.

Volume 1 is being shipped in Japan.

God that's cute.

>m-muh references

overrated episodes

If flipflappers kept its memory theme the cool PIs make perfect sense in that they consist of people's memory of fiction based on popular culture, like giant fighting robots, or mad max.

Looks like amiami was the first one on the ball for my vol.1 preorders, can't wait for the next ones.

So reading this, I strongly get the impression that Ayana Yuniko was just whining. If the director who contributed more than anything to the show's concept wanted a super robot episode, so be it.

They just took payments, doesn't mean it's shipped yet. My Amazon preorder haven't shipped yet either though.

Was a mistake.

We need to shitpost like there's always something new to learn every thread.

>彼岸花
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycoris_radiata
>Uses
>The bulbs of Lycoris radiata are very poisonous. These are mostly used in Japan, and they are used to surround their paddies and houses to keep the pest and mice away. That is why most of them grow close to rivers now.[10] In Japan the Red Spider Lily signals the arrival of fall. Many Buddhist will use it to celebrate the arrival of fall with a ceremony at the tomb of one of their ancestors. They plant them on graves because it shows a tribute to the dead. People believe that since the Red Spider Lily is mostly associated with death that one should never give a bouquet of these flowers.[12]
>Legends
>Since these scarlet flowers usually bloom near cemeteries around the autumnal equinox, they are described in Chinese and Japanese translations of the Lotus Sutra as ominous flowers that grow in Diyu (also known as Hell), or Huángquán (Simplified Chinese: 黄泉; Traditional Chinese: 黃泉), and guide the dead into the next reincarnation.
>Some legends have it that when you see someone that you may never meet again, these flowers, also called red spider lilies or corpse flowers, would bloom along the path. Perhaps because of these sorrowful legends, Japanese people often used these flowers in funerals. The popular Japanese name Higanbana (彼岸花 Higan bana?) for Lycoris radiata literally means higan (the other or that shore of Sanzu River) flower, decorate and enjoyable, flower of afterlife in gokuraku jyōdo (極楽浄土 gokuraku jyōdo?).

>personification of death
Nice design

I think that the interview gives the wrong idea a bit, the concept Oshiyama is talking about being decided is like the general scenario like two girls travel to odd worlds kind of thing. The term actually used in the interview as well where they say build the framework is the term for composition. So essentially once they had a basic barebones concept him and Yuniko did the series composition like tasks together. From the interview and yunikos tweets I kind of get the impression though that their were either creative differences between her and Oshiyama or changes to the later scripts from producers and Yuniko was either unwilling, unable or too slow in making. Thus due to getting behind schedule they had to get someone else.

And they got the Kanon guy on short notice?

Well yeah it says in the interview that he saved their asses by writing the scripts for the last half with regards to the schedule.

Neat. Well, glad it all worked out. I still don't like going to Twitter over creative differences.

People in Japan were saying on affiblogs and things that it was unprofessional to do so and even worse in some cases. It might be that the delay to the scripts is ultimately what caused the production schedule to fall apart for the last couple of episodes and the QUALITY to creep in, you can't storyboard or start animating until you have scripts.

>creative differences
I can tell what creative differences they had. Yuniko wanted to write a perfect yuri story between Papika and Cocona. This plotline got sidelined in the latter half when Papika and Cocona got upstaged by Yayaka because she was not no longer in control and her ideas were not conveyed. To make it worse the crew (Oshiyama, Kojima, VAs) all liked Yayaka the most and Oshiyama's vision for Papika was much more simplistic than Yuniko's. The upstaging of Yayaka is probably representative of how the Oshiyama's main plotline of Jungian Hansel and Gretel had triumphed over Yuniko's romance plotline. I don't doubt Oshiyama's yuri intention but when the screen time is limited he chose to prioritize his main message over yuri.

That's a whole lot of speculation built on what was already my quite tenuous speculation user.

No? This is based on the interview and my analysis of the plot alone.

>affiblogs
It's okay to take other people's opinion as reference, but not these. They just hate everything.

Yeah there's no real basis in that for suspecting a creative difference. There could be all number of reasons Yuniko couldn't complete the second half and even then if there were changes to be made it's not nessecarily that it was Oshiyama who wanted them besides the robot episode. It's all just a speculation that I've made based on what I've read not the truth of what happened. Speculating in that much detail about a creative difference that is itself a speculation is ridiculous.

Saying it's unprofessional to tweet about how show and how you wanted it to be different whilst it's airing doesn't seem that extreme to me. The extreme comments were saying things like they never wanted her to work on kiniro mosaic again, she should quit anime, she has the mental age of a teenager, she has narcissistic personality disorder and such.

Shitposters, plus Japanese are not fond of anyone who rocks the boat even slightly in general.

Of course. I'm just saying that calling it unprofessional doesn't seem that unreasonable it's only going to create division amongst the fans.

You didn't get the point did you? I think most legit criticism has agreed things were not right with Papika and Cocona being upstaged by Yayaka, not given enough screen time and the disconnect between Papicoco and SaltMimi plotlines. Something has to account for the injustice of underdevelopment of Papika and Cocona in the latter half.

Now you can look back at the development of the story concept for the causes. Oshiyama's main message for the story was inspired by Jungian interpretation of Hansel and Gretel from Hayao Kawai's books (matricide metaphor, shadow, duality of maternity, individuation of the child from their mother) and all these concepts were reflected in the story. He put the most effort in this world view (which is also why he would want to give a talk about it) so it's understandable why yuri romance is not a required component of it instead it's a nice-to-have, a secondary priority. It's also mentioned Yuniko had a quite active role in putting yuri in the story and you can observe a level of mastery in subtle depiction of emotion in the early episodes that's surely beyond the grasp of a new male director. If Yuniko wanted anything it had to be a good yuri story instead of a Jungian sci-fairy tale.

These almost have nothing to do with Yuniko's tweets.

Damn, that's interesting. And nobody really noticed before character designer spelled it out.

Once again you are speculating based on speculation. There is nowhere that major creative differences are confirmed.

>the injustice of underdevelopment of Papika and Cocona in the latter half

seriously, dude?

>based on speculation
Whose speculation? Yours? My entire post is based on first-hand materials.
>confirmed
Do you need someone to confirm creative differences for you? This is entirely literature criticism.

The Wikipedia article has a nice picture of Mimi.

This was my criticism one week ago and responses were also constructive.