Two more episodes left, Sup Forums, and I'm crying bitch tears...

Two more episodes left, Sup Forums, and I'm crying bitch tears. Why didn't you didn't you tell me about this modern classic? Why do you act like A-1 isn't the best studio and isn't saving anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0EY73vUI0Kk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bro how long have you been here this board is nothing but a bunch of edgy hipsters they will not take anything with forced drama or melodrama seriously....basically all types of drama

I liked this but your thread is likely going to get swarmed by shitposters. It's really hated on here at least by a vocal minority.

Sup Forums is nothing but moeblobs and SOLfags.

Anything having to do with heavy romance, death, tragedy, immense sadness or any other "emotion" felt by normal people does not compute on this board.

you're really not gonna enjoy the final episode.

Rushed ending
Entry level-shit
Fuck off

Because Sup Forumsutists are incapable of enjoying anything with some semblance of gravitas.

>Anything having to do with heavy romance, death, tragedy, immense sadness or any other "emotion" felt by normal people does not compute on this board.
No, fuck you. I liked Ai-ren, I liked Sundome, I like 3-gatsu, I like all sorts of similar-concept series, but Shigatsu was just awful.

Fuck off if you hate this place so much then.

Taking anything Sup Forums says seriously.

>How do I greentext?

Nice triple, but who are you quoting?

Because i don't hate this place, turd. Just you.

Fuck off netflix reddit scum.

's innermost thoughts. He is desperately searching for the method to generate verdant lettering.

It's alright. It had a lot of good things going for it but it was a bit too melodramatic and/or unrealistic at times when it came to the character interactions. Like I didn't really buy Aiza or Emi being so obsessed with Kosei. Actual spoilers incoming: I wish they wouldn't have done a time skip so that we could have seen how Kaori's death affected Kousei more. It felt a bit cheap for them to do a time skip like that, but I guess the whole point is that Kousei wouldn't let it affect him so much. But really, grief is normal. The letter at the end really killed me though. I hadn't shed any tears until that part.

>Sup Forums
>A beating heart
Pick one

Because it's obvious from at least episode 14 what's going to happen and they drag it out for no reason. The characters are middleschoolers yet have problems more appropriate for older characters, so it takes you out of the story and makes you start questioning everything that you would otherwise leave alone if you were invested in the characters.

>Why do you act like A-1 isn't the best studio and isn't saving anime?

Because they're fucking awful and just throw shit against a wall to see if anyone will buy it. That's why they occasionally end up with some good shows, they make so many of them.

>Unironically liking a literal forced drama
kys

Yeah that's why a lot of people here hate Hibike, WA2, Toradora, etc. right
Shigatsu is just garbage, deal with it

I liked shigatsu the only glaring issue I had was with its predictability.

Sup Forums really does give it too much flak though.
It's production values were great all around, but I remember the story had one of two iffy areas.

It's still a pretty good show by me.

>Why do you act like A-1 isn't the best studio and isn't saving anime
More like the McDonalds of anime

But Sup Forums gets emotional over minor shit all the time. A little girl smiling can cause mass heart attacks. A vacuum running out of batteries can make anons cry. This show just wasn't emotional, it was manipulative and artificial and cheesy.

>The letter at the end really killed me though. I hadn't shed any tears until that part.
This so much.
Even though everything up to that point had been pretty standard, the letter pulled at my heartstrings.

It's polarizing on Sup Forums for the only reason that it's popular

You're right, if it weren't popular it wouldn't be polarizing, because it would just be disliked and dismissed.

>Hibiki, Toradora
More moeshit

There are just minor moments because Sup Forums tries to make important stupid shit

>Vacuum runs out of power
>Sup Forums has a memorial service
>Little girl breaks down because Father is gone
>Sup Forums laughs

>Shitgatsu wa Kimoi no
You can fuck off now.

>Vacuum runs out of power
What are you talking about?

Guys, I'm crying. I'm crying more bitch tears than ever

Go fuck yourself.

Blog more

>liking shitgatsu
Shit dialogue and shit MC.
Even the heroine die from how cancerous the show is.

thank you for explaining how YLIA is both good and bad without going full autist for either side; that's really rare to see haha

also one thing i didn't really like was how they were middle schoolers. made it more unbelievable that kids that age (esp. kosei) are capable of handling life events like that.

great show still, the music was top tier too

Please go back to wherever you came from.

Piano Namek

Different stroke for different people.
It says a lot about how shitty shitgatsu is when a dying shrimp is more heart wrenching to majority of Sup Forums than a dead violin girl.

Been here since 2005. I lowered the amount of anime I watched and time spent on Sup Forums for the last 2 years, and completely missed this gem. I think I was just burned out on constant anime watching and needed a semi-break. But man, this show was phenomenal. It's the first time I've cried at an ending since I watched Now and Then, Here and There.
Yea, don't get why. The little threads I saw here and there when browsing Sup Forums had people hating on the show. Well, whatever to each their own.

Seems like you've seen less than 300 series.

OP here, yea, during my marathon over the past 2 days, I kept thinking "They're acting like they're seniors in high school or in college". I just mentally pictured them as 17/18 instead of 14/15.
I've generally watch ~10 shows a season for the last 12 years not to mention all the pre-2000 anime I marathon over now and then. It's why I got burnt out in 2014. It's just that I generally don't cry when I watch shit. I get morose and brood, but don't shed tears. Only times I've done it were NTHT, Return of the King, and now this.

>Only times I've done it were NTHT, Return of the King, and now this.
Of all the media in existence, two mediocre tragedyfests for middleschoolers, and Return of the King? What the fuck even made you cry about Return of the King?

When Frodo is reunited with everyone in Ithilien and then Aragorn is crowned king. There was just something beautiful and moving seeing the long journey completed. Also, I should mention I cried during a live performance of Franz Liszt's Un Sospiro

I never thought I'd see a more polished dramaturd than Sakurasou's trash. Shitgatsu proved me wrong to my dismay.

different strokes for different folks you faggot

at least get the saying right

This.
>SAO
>AssWar
>GATE
>Occultic;Nine
>Erased

They fell a long way from the masterpiece that was Shin Sekai Yori.

It may be a doggy dog world, but cut him some slack. Mistakes like that are a diamond dozen.

>>>v

>start watching the show
>not long after, hints are dropped that something's not right with Kaori
>shows a hospital room

I've seen enough Jdramas to know where this shit's headed. Fuck outa here.

>WAAAAH SHE'S SICK AND DYING
Fucking hell just end me already. I already got tired of that garbage when Key AIDS bent me over and rammed it up my ass endlessly.

Just watch it. It's beautiful and full of life. Nips really need to find a cure for the Japanese cold though.

couldn't they have just said she had cancer or something

Japs rarely get cancer. Japanese cold is the number 1 killer of Japanese.

Sup Forums always hated this show. I remember going into the live threads and them being full of people talking about their "superior taste" in anime and how they couldnt believe people were "still watching this trash"

Is this one of the few anime where OP2 > OP1

youtube.com/watch?v=0EY73vUI0Kk

>why didn't you tell me

You must literally be the biggest fucking newfag to not have at least heard of this since it appeals to retarded normalfags so much. Also it's shit and I fucked you're waifu

>I'm dying and I wanted to fuck you so I decided to date your best friend because otherwise there wouldn't be enough drama
10/10 writing, masterpiece of the year every year

>A vacuum running out of batteries can make anons cry

Hey fuck you man she didn't run out of batteries she was taken from us.;_;

I realized my mistake after posting but I was hoping someone else would remember. Thank you for assuring me I'm not alone.

I cried from elfen lied

Some1 pls tell me wot dis anime aboot

It's exactly because people kept recommending me this that it fell short on my expectations. She should have died way earlier and not towards the end. I spent every other episode expecting her to die and she didn't.

It would be more emotional if she wasn't an unlikable Mary Sue.

Everything about this anime is forgettable. Except for the visuals; the animation is really good I have to admit.

I knew it was coming miles away but it still hit me hard

Nigga, I'm so pleb that I cried with Anohana and Clannad, Shigatsu was just a mediocre story with terrible one dimensional characters. It's hard to care about the melodrama when the characters are shit.

Those are all great shows actually
Their production values are top tier too

You just dont like them because they dont pander to you

There's good drama, and then there's this show. I was constantly made aware that I was watching a show because people simply don't act like that in real life.

When Kousei was going to skip the recital and Kaori just began bawling tears until he decided to go, I was pulled back into the reality that I was watching a show instead of being immersed.

Sure, it makes sense for her to cry once you know her backstory, but does it make sense for nobody to question why she's crying over a person she met less than a month ago? Does it also make sense for her to break character in this moment as "the girl in love with his friend" to go back to her real feelings? If she wants to break character so often like that, why even lie in the first place?

I feel like A1 emphasized the parts of the manga that they should have downplayed a bit. It feels somewhat natural in the manga where there's only one or two panels for that scene that shows her tearing up instead of a full two minutes of bitch tears.

But maybe I'm just a sociopathic man-child who can't handle any real human emotion.

>Because it's obvious from at least episode 14 what's going to happen and they drag it out for no reason.

Bro...It was obvious after she fainted in the first episode.

I liked it. The one jarring thing that bothered me where the attempts at comedy, especially when it was violence towards the MC. Felt so out of place given his history of physical abuse.

Boy falls for girl with the Japanese cold

You know, I never thought about it that.