Funny what you learn when you actually bother to read it

Near as I can tell, if you actually followed the scripture, you'd be regarded as Jewish, not Christian. Like how everyone is supposed to be circumcised. But I guess Christians ignore that part. Christians ignore a lot of parts.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
drbo.org/chapter/47019.htm
gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html
youtu.be/iYn4-6hUIa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The covenant in the old testament is different than the covenant for the new. Christians are in a different "agreement" with God than the Jews.

We are not to become Jews. There are scriptures about grafting trees which is what is alluded to about Christians trying to graft themselves onto the branch of Judaism.

Both are stupid.

Yes, Christians pick and choose what they want to follow, and ignore the rest. They do take from the old testament constantly, the parts they like, such as the commandments or hating gays.

>Like how everyone is supposed to be circumcised.
(You) ignored the part in New Testament where it's clearly said that non-Jewish Christians are not supposed to get circumcized.

Funny how you can read without understanding the message conveyed in a sentence. Especially when you're not familiar with a writing style.
It's easy to ignore how and why the style and language of the Bible was used, to mock, laugh, deny, and criticize.
Everything is obvious to a fool.

>Slaves, be submissive to your masters...

Yeah, the bible surely isn't kike subversion

Slaves were freed every 7 years. ITs like a work contract. Go back to forming idols of dung and wood heathen.

Jesus was circumcised. You are just grasping at straws to explain how it's okay to break this rule but not others.

Nobody actually reads this shit. It precisely warns against every major church existing today.

For good reason, I think. It could ruin your whole faith if you actually open it.

I read it.

It's a bunch of bullshit about how this kike got killed for overturning a bunch of tables at a currency exchange. Old testament is a bunch of primitive nonsense, and the only thing worth anything of value was the Book of Proverbs as a source of life wisdom. Some of the "Miracles" are nothing, one of them was Jesus teaching people how to fish, for example. Considering it was a collection of scripts that were compiled during the en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea there might be Gnostic books that might more accurately reflect what actually happened rather than what the Roman government wanted people to read.

The Koran is no better, in fact it's a really long poem designed to make you devout and how there will be heaven for those who believe and those who don't will be killed etc.

If you want to read how the world actually works and was created etc, read Universe in a Nutshell by Steven Hawking. I found better morality in the Unibomber's Manifesto.

Just sage

But Paul said in Galatians 5:12 that people forcing circumcision on others should cut off their own dicks, so how about you go do that and fuck off?

You have never read the Bible have you? Circumcision is specifically stated to not be a part of the Christian faith as the entire mosaic law was abolished with the coming Jesus. But just because the apostles understood that there are people as brick-headed as you they specifically mention circumcision as being abolished.

t. Uncircumcised American Christian

>the council of nicea
>oh its this meme again

I don't think anyone should be circumcised before age eighteen. But I think that you should also follow all the rules of your religion, and not just half of them. These are not contradictory opinions.

This. Most of the ceremonial and dietary laws were abolished, and the punishments too, but not the sins.

I agree with Paul that you should cut off your dick, preferably before you breed

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have not come to abolish these things but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17)

You are just using his dying for your sins as a copout.

(((you)))

Galatians 5:1-11 (KJV)

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

Try reading the bible first

>he hasn't read acts 15

>Jesus was circumsised
Christianity and the new testament didnt exist when Jesus was a baby you moron

Sage you garbage thread

Except it is plainly formulated in the bible that christians need not be circumsized. It is not cherry picking, it is stated as such.

That's Paul, not Jesus. Paul's just a hypocrite who didn't want to be circumcised, which is fine, but he wanted to be a christian and have his dick too, where the problem arises. Either follow the rules or don't, no one cares either way, but to try to do both is just retarded because you'll get the worst of both worlds.

Considering that Jesus has not written any book, the only way we have to follow live by his word is to trust the people he trusted, namely the apostles. If you do not trust the apostles, you simply can not be christian, for you would have no material to work with.

Circumcision of the heart (i.e. faith in Christ) supplants actual circumcision. Like most of the other mosaic laws they are anticipating Christ and his church. These laws become fulfilled by Christ and take on new meaning within the one true Church of Christ. Don't struggle too hard with actual ideas, I know thinking is hard for you europoors.

The religion was founded by the apostles not the old testament. I'm not a christian so I don't actually believe in any of it, but trying to play gotcha with some old jewish book they throw in for continuity doesn't make much sense.

If you want to argue with christians at least use the new testament, anything in the old will get brushed off.

because christians ignore the rules they don't like and have done so for eons. They think their excuse has finally gotten old enough that it can stand on it's own volition.

Religions don't work like the court of law, at the end of the day most christians believe that believing in jesus is all you need to do. arguing about old laws won't convince anyone.

It's pretty obvious that you have never read scripture

How on earth can you possibly be this dim?

If Person A makes a contract with an Entity, and Person B makes a separate contract with an Entity, then Person B has no obligations to the terms of Person A's contract with the Entity.

This is how it is with Christianity. Gentiles were not party to the Mosaic Covenant and therefore we are not held accountable to many aspects of their specific Covenant with God; for example, the customary aspects such as circumcision and dietary prohibitions.

We are, however, subject to the Moral Law, which is universal and not specific to the Mosaic Covenant. The immutability of the Moral Law was reiterated by Christ, Who is the New Covenant.

This isn't "picking and choosing," this is simply the way a Covenant works.

>Religions don't work like the court of law, at the end of the day most christians believe that believing in jesus is all you need to do.
Believing in Jesus also means living by his word, though.

>14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

St. Paul was one of the scribes. He would have been circumcised because he was a Jew, and in the beginning he was precisely the sort of Jew that led Christ to the Cross, though he later repented of it.

So, Jesus of Nazareth was simply cherry picking when he stated in Matthew 19: 1-9 that polygamy was never accepted by God, only tolerated due the fallibility of man? Then later states Christians are required to adhere to monogamy and divorce is only permitted for cases of sexual immorality? Or what about Matthew 17:26, where Jesus said his followers are free from Temple Tax?

Mark 7:18-19, Romans 14, and Acts 10:11-15 is concerned the declaration that all food is clean according to New Covenant – foods which the Mosaic Law considered unclean or unlawful. Most of all, Acts 15 also has the Council of the Apostles and Elders proclaiming that not only circumcision was not necessary for Gentile Christians, but shouldn't be troubled with the Law of Moses at all.

Or how about Luke 23:34 where it was written that Jesus requested to his so called father to forgive those that attempted to kill him? When according to Jewish Law, these people should be executed for murder? The early Church community forgave Paul even after he tried to purge them all, and Paul ended up being a leader of their cult.

Also, Paul repeatedly states circumcision is no longer necessary to be part of the people of God (Romans 3:30; 4:9-12; 1 Corinthians 7:19; Galatians 5:6; 6:15).

I'm not Christian, but it obvious that any well read Christian could easily refute your arguments. You're no better than the progressives who think they know what "true" Islam really is, and the fundamentalist Middle Eastern Muslims are not truly practicing it, despite being familiar with its scriptures, early histories, and biographies far more than the typical progressive.

>Then later states Christians are required to adhere to monogamy and divorce is only permitted for cases of sexual immorality?
Wait, I've never heard this before. Where I live, marrying in a church a second time is only permissible if the husband or the wife died. Hence, "Till death do us part."

>Jesus teaching people how to fish
>Kikes doing work
>Not a miracle
You what?

>anti-Christian shill threads are in full force

user, you must debate someone if you want to spread God's word.

>modern religion
nope

If you're referring to the Catholic faith, separation is not prohibited (hence the verse "putting your wife away"). What IS prohibited is remarriage, which is what all the controversy surrounding Amoris Laetita is about.

Mt. 19:9 "And I say to you, that whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and he that shall marry her that is put away, committeth adultery."

drbo.org/chapter/47019.htm

Also, apparently according to the bible, you are not allowed to eat pork, or even seafood. You are supposed to wear a veil and pray on your knees, like a muzlim? What is this?

What ? I am supposed to fast like them too? And we are all equal under god too? Like with communism? What is going on??

I see right through your lies. Just because you've used an excuse to break the rules for 1000 years doesn't mean it's suddenly okay. If you told me a dog ate your homework 1000 years ago, it's not suddenly some unassailable tenet.

But you do have a point, the bible probably does have some internal consistency, albeit an odd one, my issue is likely more with the inconsistent application of the faith by "christians".

I would like someone to indicate me a list of rules Christians must abide by, and show me a person who actually follows these rules.

Jews follow the Torah and the Talmud and do not recognize the canonity of Christ.

Christians follow Christ's teachings (some of which overlap with the Old Testament) but are not explicitly beholden to the God's Covenant with Moses by virtue of their faith in His sacrifice.

These are fundamentally different belief systems. You're clearly an obtuse for the purpose of starting an argument, and it's obvious you've actually never read the Bible.

But today is the day you can fix that, my friend. It's never too late to find a relationship with Christ.

1) Jews are not allowed to eat pork. This is a customary element of Mosaic Law to which Christians are not accountable.

2) Women should cover their hair and many still do in the Catholic and Orthodox churches.

3) Catholics always pray on their knees. I'm not sure about the Orthodox and I have no idea what Protestants do.

4) Fasting - what do you think Lent is? Why do you think we do not eat meat on Fridays? Fasting is a common penance and always has been.

5) Equal in dignity by virtue of the imago Dei, not in other respects.

>1) Jews are not allowed to eat pork. This is a customary element of Mosaic Law to which Christians are not accountable.

Bible says you aren't supposed to eat pork. It's the Christian's own book. At least the jews and muslims aren't hypocrites.

Read the bible

>he read it
>42Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: ‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes’ ? 43Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed.”…

Watcha doing there Rabbi?

I already explained the difference between the Old Covenant and the New to you and you completely disregarded it. If you're too stubborn and thick to consider any idea other than that which you have lifted from New Atheist buffoonery, then I brush the dust from my feet.

The old covenant is voided unless you think Christ's blood is insufficient or that the law of Moses is on pat with the sacrifice of Jesus. Dispensationalism is a lie.

You read the goshdarn bible, you dumb americans. It'll cure you of your Christianity in a heartbeat. It's a slacker religion if I ever saw one.

>We don't have to follow the rules, instead let's just bullshit a bunch of reasons to ignore them
>we'll call it christianity.

There is only one G-d and Mohamed peace be upon him is his prophet.

O Allah I pray onto thee, may you grant us the strength and courage to impregnate the west and bring the non believers to heel.

>Christians

you mean protestcucks

>And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

>Cutting off your hand is good goy.

>Wonders why the Romans called them a religion of lunatics

A bond servant is different from a slave dumbass.

>Idols
Christian's surround themselves with all sorts of images of things perceived from the heavens to hell and everywhere between.

>Not understanding the power and potential power objects hold
> Destroy them because we are terrified to question our sandpeople religion

>the rules
>Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

>show me a person who actually follows these rules
>the life of Jesus Christ

10/10

Jesus doesn't count! Christians are such a copout holy shit.

Read the 4 gospels, John 2, amd Revelations. Everything by Paul is a waste.

>would rather a methhead continue committing crime to fund his habit than to lose his addiction
That is afterall what you are suggesting no? That people who do bad things should not be taking action about it?

The Bible has been altered

If you want the true word of G-d you must read the holy Quran.

>151853715
>151854276
>151854648
>151854834
>151855183
>151855363
>151855636
>151855999
>151857612
>151857939
>151858107
>151858652
Great bait thread m8
Why are unbelievers so full of shit?

>Quran
Nice joke. The one where Jesus didin't even sacrifice himself and put another person on the cross to suffer.

>HES NOT A REAL CHRISTIAN, HE DOESNT COUNT
He was human so I don't know what you're whining about.

Jesus didn't come to abolish the old laws but see you ignore that fact again Christians ate fucking retards

First of all I'm not american, secondly to anyone who has read scripture what you say is foolish and only strengthens faith. The bible differentiates between the old testaments Israel and the new testaments law of Christ so the rules applying only to Israel does not apply to those who aren't of the old Israel.

Just read this if you're lazy: gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (KJV) For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Yeah you need a companion guide like the Jews have . you need other men to interpret the bible for you so you know the right version right? Kys

He came to complete it.
And He did. He died, and so did the Old Covenant.
He was the long awaited Messiah of the Old Covenant, and the Jews killed Him.
The Old Covenant is passed. At least Jesus and the Father were kind enough to leave a way out of eternal damnation for Mankind, a New Covenant found in the death of Christ Himself.

>dat reading comprehension
Had you read what I had written you would realise that I quoted the passage on what is the Greatest Commandment, and Jesus responds by citing the Old Testament.

Romans 3:23
>All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God

We're unable to live the perfect life of Christ my virtue of Him being divine and us being mortal. Hence His sacrifice, that we may be saved by our faith in Him rather than our own imperfect deeds.

He came to reform, to guide his flock away from the abyss of degeneracy that the jews had become. Makes sense that the old covenant doesn't apply to Gentiles.

Keep reading dummy, you're obviously still on the old testament.

Not an argument

Don't take it literally, faggot.
This is why most atheists are so fucking cringe. "lol have you heard of THIS contradiction in scripture? checkmate, fundies!"
It ain't difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff in the bible, dipshit.

youtu.be/iYn4-6hUIa8

Fucking this, God showered the Israelites with blessings for thousands of years, and the ungrateful cunts brazenly disregarded the Covenant with Moses and were destroyed.

Hence the New Covenant, based on the sacrifice of Christ, so salvation wouldn't be tied to acts, but to faith.

At this point I'm 90% sure OP is a butthurt Jew who can't stand the fact that God gave them all the chances in the world and they STILL fucked it up.

Lets take for example the entire revelation of the antichrist. Everyone is supposed to like him so much that there are no nations anymore. Now through iut history we know human nature with different races does not allow people to just open up there borders this goes for all people. The only way that this prophecy would ever come true is if we all become a mud race of people. That way there would be no objections to some NWO character.

Now you have to ask yourself are Christians purposefully trying to bring about the return of Jesus just like the jews. I think so as proven by christians being pro-race mixing and pro white genocide . they will try to justify that Jesus wasn't a Jew but he was by every way possible the region he was in his mother his prophets all Jews. Christians willfully submit themselves to a Jewish book and a Jewish god.

>most christians believe that believing in jesus is all you need to do
Most Christians believe a lot of stupid shit, even if it directly contradicts the bible.

Of courae he did but the point is that what the Russian has said is true.
Leftist atheist are using Christian morality to its end game.

>what is the new covenant

He did not come to destroy the past but to fulfill which Christians do not understand. They still pick and choose in the bible even trying to justify scriptures by pulling from entirely different chapters . Christians are the willful idiots of the Jews just as much as white leftist and/or leftist atheist

Again Jesus says with his own words that he came to fulfill.

Listen up faggot: we are not Jews. We are Christians. Christians have no obligation to be circumcised.

>there are no nations anymore
>must mean a literal removal of all sovereignty and statehood

If you can't cite the proper passage for your conclusion we can't have an honest discussion about it.

The simplest take home of Revelations is to be on alert that the end of the World is coming. Anything else and you would need to put serious time on it.

>read Universe in a Nutshell by Steven Hawking.

be gone, pleb

so why even bother following any rules?

Please provide for me the scriptures that are wheat and the ones that are chaff(Ones you follow/ones you do not)

If you followed the book you claim to be your doctrine, you should. But you don't. So why follow any rules at all?

I'm not a Christian, you fuck, and honestly, if you can't divine the meanings of the stories contained therein on your own, whether you're a Christian or not, kys.

>you should
Obviously you haven't read Hebrews because Circumcision has happened through Christ Jesus not through physical acts which are the symbols of the Old Covenant.

18 For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.

20 And it was not without an oath. For those who formerly became priests were made such without an oath, 21 but this one was made a priest with an oath by the one who said to him:

“The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind,
‘You are a priest forever.’”

22 This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant.

23 The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office, 24 but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever. 25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost[b] those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

26 For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. 27 He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself. 28 For the law appoints men in their weakness as high priests, but the word of the oath, which came later than the law, appoints a Son who has been made perfect forever.

You can figure out the scriptures for yourself I am not here to spoon feed some retard. The anti-christ is supposed do exactly what I've said. You've never read the bible just say you have just like most of the christians on this board.

jews are a race of people. Many of the most harmful kikes on the planet were catholics. However you christians are jews of the soul. I would say you are more like cattle of the jews willfully following a jewish death cult as they string you along to do there bidding.

1 Cor. 7:18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.

I sense a couple of kikes in this thread,

Begone, Christ-killers!

Syria and Iran were followed Jewish law then at some point they turned muslim why does Israel want to fight them?

The difference is one is a choice, the other is enforced. If a virtue has to be enforced it is no virtue at all.

t. I haven't read anything past Exodus, and especially not apostolic letters.