Copyright Issues...?

Okay so this is something that has been bugging me for quite some time.

Big producers are literally ripping off anime to make big budget movies/cartoons that earn a shit ton off money and literally nothing happens to them.

They can copy as much as they want and they never get sued.

I made a list to prove my point:

Battle royale/Hunger Games

Paprika/Inception

Ghost in the Shell/Matrix

Perfect Blue/Black Swan

Urusei Yatsura/Star vs the forces of evil

Why the fuck do none of you care about that?

Can you imagine how much effort people like Rumiko Takahashi had to put in to publish anime out of japan?

This kind of shit makes my blood boil.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting]
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why the fuck do none of you care about that?
There's nothing you can do about it. But in the case of Black Swan, Aronofsky literally bought the rights to Perfect Blue after Kon's death, so in a way, the film he made was legal.

>Star vs the forces of evil
I don't even know what that is.

You forgot about evangelion/pacific rim

>Rumiko invented ayylien girls

While it's morally or ethically questionable, so long as the adaptations or rip-offs, however you decided to name it, are not actually hurting that anime's market or directly copying it, it's fine.

It's called international copyright law. Google is your best friend and there's some easy to read stuff out there.

It kinda bothers me but, there's nothing you can do about it. I usually feel that the American version is either worse or on par with the Japanese original.

On the flipside, there is no real original story. Everything's been done before so, why get mad now?

I dunno user, there's a lot of anime where an MC is forced to live with an alien girl.

Probably a lot of people on charge of western animation shows grew up watching anime.

Star vs the forces of evil is actually a good show.

And you are not gonna mention her CCS wand?

>Star vs the forces of evil is actually a good show.
You need to go back.

Because there's literally nothing you can do to stop this.

Executives know how to get past copyright regulations whether you like it or not.

Japanese also do that, Battle royale and Running man, no one is exempt from similarities

>Ghost in the Shell/Matrix

I'm pretty sure the Matrix was a blatant ripoff of Megazone 23, though.

>Star vs the forces of evil is actually a good show.

Please die.

What are little American kids going to do with Urusei Yatsura?

It just makes it weirder that he denies that Black Swan was influenced by Perfect Blue when he owns the rights and has mentioned many times his love for the film, and even adapted a scene from the movie directly into Requiem for a Dream.

Both

Eh... I'd say both really...

I don't know...

Maybe watch it????

Star vs the forces of evil? Rather Star vs NTR and she LOST.

Mate. Everyone here steals their anime. It'd be a bit hypocritical for us to criticise others for doing the same.

>Hey guys! I download torrents and contribute to piracy!

>People ripping off anime? No that's just wrong!

Fucking hypocrite.

I'd buy anime. Thing is, they're ridiculously expensive.

It's not my fault piracy is fucking up the anime industry and making prices to skyrocket.

>piracy is fucking up the anime industry
That's not what's happening.

Then what's happening?

Why is anime so darn expensive?

It pisses me off too, but it can't be helped.

Dude are you 10?

Who the fuck cares about this shit?

You should get out of the house more and get a girlfriend.

I assure you that that'll fix 90% of your whining.

>You should get out of the house more and get a girlfriend.

I live in a third world country. I can't do that.

And girls here are fucking ugly. They're not nordic goddesses.

Corporations are going full retard and betting everything on Japanese fans being obsessed enough to shell out ridiculous prices for BDs as long as they add enough moe/fujoshi pandering and self-aware meta references to the cliches they still play straight.

I'm not gaining any profit from torrenting.
Plagiarism howerever-

Some harem anime cartoon

Sup Forums has low standards.

Not related to star, I just don't like Sup Forums's tastes at all.

who cares! this kind of shit always happen, and also backwards. lot of stuff made in japan took inspiration (or simply copied, watvs) from western animation and fim industry.

That's exactly the opposite of the problem with copyright. Art thrives on stealing ideas. The real tragedy is huge corporations like Disney preventing people from taking their work and making something new with it.

>piracy
Protip: if the industry is oversaturated with shitty content whose existence relies on BD sales, it's not piracy that's doing it in.

Piracy isn't killing games, movies, TV, music, or anime. What's killing them is executive management that's afraid to take chances. They settle for making nothing but low-risk cash-ins that stagnate the art form.

Once upon a time, games were produced by passionate gamers, now they're produced by businessmen and programmed by disillusioned CS grads. Big publishers have every major dev by the balls, and their ability to nickel and dime consumers is rivalled only by airlines.

TV and cinema have streamlined their production at the expense of art, and while nepotist corruption and financial fraud are present in all media, it's especially bad in cinema. [see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting]

In the music industry, supply and demand is manipulated by radio paid-representation fuckery as well as artificial charts and awards ceremonies run by monopolistic production companies. Perfect recipe for mediocrity. Big-money choked the talent out of mainstream music decades ago, and they picked up every cent that fell.

It's a smaller industry, but what's happening to anime is the same shit. BD sales are what make or break franchises. Guaranteed to sell are tits, moe, and big names from the industry. Not storytelling, not writing, not animation that pushes the envelope.

what about japan Copyright disney back on snow white?

The way I see it, why care?

Keep the western audience separated from my Chinese Cartoon audience as much as possible.

The fact that the west is making a Ghost in The Shell with all these White Actors is a WAY bigger slap in the face than any of your rip off comparisons (except maybe Black Swan being Perfect Blue almost to a T)

>Sup Forums has low standards.

This is an understatement.
Have you been to Sup Forums in the last 5 years? Shit's pretty bad.

Perfect Blue is the only one you've really got there. The others are only superficially similar, with the exception of the Hunger Games which is actually pretty bad because of the parts that AREN'T a copy of Battle Royale's concept.

I have. As a result I haven't been going there very often. It's a very different audience nowadays. It makes me nostalgic for when Sup Forums Sup Forums and Sup Forums were BFFs and would post "happy valentines day/merry christmas or whatever from /board/" to eachother.

Aronofski always does this. Pi was already "influenced" and an "hommage" to Shinya Tsukamoto's Tetsuo.
He can't admit he doesn't rip off Asian movies so he's always trying to minimize it the most he can.

Typical hack.

Rumiko Takahashi is shit. I hate gag manga.

Who hurt you, user? Is it because we said mean things about Star?

OP forgot about Disney. Lion King was at least a good movie, but their Nadia ripoff was barely watchable.

>Battle royale/Hunger Games

See Lord of the Flies.

>Paprika/Inception

See Descartes.

>Ghost in the Shell/Matrix

See Neuromancer

>Perfect Blue/Black Swan

Because Hollywood never thought of a crazy situation involving an actress on its own?

>Urusei Yatsura/Star vs the forces of evil

That's just your average fairy tale where the Princess is like half the story instead of the climax.

>muh whits in the ghost in the shell
>muh whitewashing

nope, you clearly don't know source material

Little kids are going to know to find it, how to torrent and will bother to learn all of the cultural references and deal with the sexual undercurrent of the show?

Those are not blatant rip offs though, if anything they count as references. Copyright is if they literally took frames from the anime and recolored it.

you don't have to learn the references to enjoy it
if anything not knowing the references made it all new and original.

Star is shit as well, don't get the wrong idea.

>how to torrent
*stream

Then why do you hate gag manga? It's not like it's the only thing he's authored.

That was almost 10 years ago, just let it go, user.

Obligatory Star is a cuck and Jackie is best girl.

Carry on.

I watch new episodes of Steven universe when that coal burning, weeb wannabe Jewess gets off her ass and puts them out.

I regret every second that I do too. It's a terrible show and I hate it.

It's alright

Matrix and GITS aren't even remotely close though.

I'm certain it was like that up to 2008 or 9-ish

What is it like to be so American that you see a similarity between two things and the first word to come to your mind is "ripoff" or "lawsuit"?

Did you watch the 5 newest ones that got leaked?

Under American (and UK) law, judicial proceedings set a procedent and that is what decides the law. Thus by not going to court you set a legal procedent that it's allowed and by going to court you set a proceedent that it's not allowed of you win. Since proceedence decides the law, anglo countries are all extremely sue happy

>he

Hunger Games and Battle Royale both use the "death game" theme, but everything else is completely different.

Inception was way better than Paprika

Matrix 1 was a rip-off of the Invisibles and of other indie american comics at the time. Nothing to do at all with Japan. GitS has no relation to it, and is closer to something like Blade Runner, I Robot, or Surrogates anyway.

Perfect Blue and Black Swan... what? How are they at all related? The plot, tone, characters, fuck.. everything is different.

Yes. Blearl is still best pearl, and amethysts are best overall gems. I swear everytime the midget interacts with Greg it sounds like she wants the murdercock more and more. Blue diamond didn't look attractive at first, but it's kind of grown on me now.

That said the show it still filler laden tumblrite shit, and the best character is Andy Demayo.

>when you see a puddle in a supermarket with no wet floor sign in America

Why would I? It has nothing to do with me.

I watch high quality anime for literally nothing, I archive it, including blu-rays which fucks over the studios 100%, and I've done so for years. So has a LOT of people on Sup Forums, I'd dare to say the majority unless it's actually true that Sup Forums is mostly reddit now and you've all drank the crunchyroll koolaid. I'm not going to get up in arms or on a high horse because some shitty companies ripped off ideas, which has been going on for ages in all forms of media anyway.

There are similarties. They're mostly visual but they're there.
>questioning reality and perception
>scrolling green computer text on black
>ridiculous hand to hand fights
>chase in a market where protag is alarmed by the number of people around and in the ensuing shootout, watermelons get shot
>final battle involves hiding behind concrete columns that get shot up

>Matrix 1 was a rip-off of the Invisibles and of other indie american comics at the time. Nothing to do at all with Japan. GitS has no relation to it
That's a good joke, they directly cite GitS as an influence in behind the scenes documentaries, namely the one for The Animatrix.

elevens don't have likeness copyright laws. which is tons of purposed characters appear in animu. yomi says die.

Whoops, my mistake.