I started Natsume Yuujinchou but it doesn't seem to make any sense to me

I started Natsume Yuujinchou but it doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
The storyline never explains why his grandmother spent her all time to capture the yokai's names and why Natsume is giving them back without any explanations.

She has completed a book full of Yokai names and we don't know why their names are important.
In addition, some Yokais disappear just after that, and some remain there, totally unchanged. It's irrational.

Do you agree?

test

>Do you agree?
No.
The grandmother is a bit of a mystery at the beginning, but her motivations can be deduced.
She was an outcast among humans. She was lonely.
It's a "book of friends".
She collected them and held power over them because the yokai were the only thing in her life that she could control at all.

I agree. Yeah I haven't gotten too far into it but it seems kinda nice. I just really like the atmosphere the first episode had and I need a chill slice of life anime to watch after www.Working!!. Might just watch the other series of those.

No, not at all. Either you haven't watched enough or you're looking for the answers to be completely spelled out for you. Some of Natsume's inner monologues do address your first few questions.

The only question I'll respond to directly is your last one. The Yokai that disappear do so because they no longer have reason to stay after receiving their names. I hope you're not thinking that they're disappearing from existence. They've simply gone somewhere else.

I have watched only 8 episodes and to be honest I haven't even thought about that yet. Now that you brought it up it really doesn't make any sense to me either, you are right. I guess I'll just watch it till the end and hope that the answer will be told at some point.

The show has mediocre writing at best. It's all about muh atmosphere and fujofaggotery

Natsume literally explains why he wants to give back the youkai's name and why Reiko have a "book's of friends" in the very first episode. If you can't follow a plot this fucking simple, you should drop anime altogether.

The atmosphere is the only good thing that keep me watching it. I concur with your point.

No. You are wrong. He doesn't explain it, neither her grandmother during the flashbacks. You probably missed the sense of this explanation, because it never explained once.

Why is Reiko so awful? I have never seen a more punchable character in any anime.

She is worthless, unlikeable, and annoying. Her temper is overreacted.

>It's my first time watching anime thread

gtfo

> complaining about "common sense" in supernatural anime
> complaining about the lack of overarching storyline in episodic Monster-of-the-Week anime

olol Hipsta'.

Literally right here you dense faggot.

Also, the fact that Reiko is lonely and have no friends is mentioned at least once per episode, if you still can't understand why she used to have a literal "book's of friends", then just fucking drop this.

>she died young
Wait, at what age did she get pregnant? What a fucking whore. She deserved every rock thrown at her.

It's okay, it was rape, Reiko is still pure.

I don't think it was ever mentioned. And only saying "she died at a young age" is very vague. She could have died at 40 for all we know.

Are you SURE to understand what you read?! Yes she was alone, yes she was rejected by other people but it doesn't explain WHY this book is used to.
I will give you an example, I HOPE you will understand... (I doubt in).
Madara said that he wants the book, like the other yokais because it is a source of power BUT they DON'T explain WHY this book has a power.
Even Natsume doesn't care about it. They come to see him and say "give it back our names" and he just said "ok"... it's all !

This story doesn't make any sense. Please, try to think before to speak.

This series is fantastic, especially the first season

>The storyline never explains why his grandmother spent her all time to capture the yokai's names and why Natsume is giving them back without any explanations.
It is strongly implied throughout the fucking series

>She has completed a book full of Yokai names and we don't know why their names are important.
You can summon a Yokai if you know their name.

>In addition, some Yokais disappear just after that, and some remain there, totally unchanged. It's irrational.
Well most of those Yokai lost their name in a duel so naturally they'd want to get it back. As for why some disappear and some don't, it's because them giving their name constitutes a "contract": they're kind of the nameholder's belonging and thus can't disappear even if they want to.
Not all yokai want to disappear when they're "set free".

>rape
>pure
Even more disgusting. No one wants some beta faggots' sloppy seconds.

Yes that reason is mentioned. But it seems like you're a little dense so I'll try to spell it out for you. Having a youkai's true name, gives you power over them and lets you command to do things against their will. That is why the book of friends is so powerful and wanted.

Additionally, throughout the series some youkai will attack natsume in the hopes of taking the book of friends from him, most likely for it's power. Other more peaceful youkai just want their names back and will happily leave afterwards.

>they DON'T explain WHY this book has a power
The fuck? You're not familiar with the idea that names hold power, particularly when it comes to the supernatural? I don't know any mythologies where that isn't true.

What's with all the Reiko bullying?

Probably bunch of jealous yokais who got lost to the human girl

>Can't understand the plot of a fucking shoujo manga

Jesus user, you're honestly too fucking retarded, I can't do anything for you.