Why was the byakugan the only eye technique that couldn't do cool shit like resurrect the dead or teleport or move...

Why was the byakugan the only eye technique that couldn't do cool shit like resurrect the dead or teleport or move people to different dimensions?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-happens-at-the-end-of-naruto-shippuden
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/_QHwNY18nfdr25FW_tASCQ/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the writing was good in the original series. The Byakugan had vulnerabilities and limits to what it could do, it wasn't some pseudo-DBZ garbage like the Sharingan is.

>the only eye technique
there's only 2 of those, weird way to phrase it.

>inb4 that loli in recent episodes
not cannon

Because Kishi eventually forgot about everything except the Uchihas and Ninja Jesus.

Such a huge and interesting cast completely ignored in favour of a few Gary Stus.

Important characters didn't have it. When it finally got tied into Kaguya's powerset, it was a very minor portion.

It was like a base sharingan

Ms and rinnegan came later

Byakugan got a straight rinnegan tier upgrade shoehorned in at the end

KISS, bascially. Mangekyou Sharingan is nice and all, but I'd rather not have to kill someone I care about, go blind or have to steal a family member's eye

>there's only 2 of those
Three.

This guy gets it.

I like to think that the byakugan was supposed to be more than telescopic xray vision but it got dropped because the Uchihas needed their dicks sucked a little bit harder. Like how Kurenai was supposed to be really good at genjutsu because there was something special about her eyes but fuck that Uchihas. And now nobody does genjutsu unless they're Uchiha and Hyuugas just get to be Uchiha knockoffs.

I only watched original Naruto and not shippuden, and I'm genuinely curious to know what happened in it. But I'm too old for it now, and I don't think I would enjoy it, but I would enjoy to read about it I guess, know what happens to the characters I liked in the original.

Anyone knows of a guide to Naruto Shippuden?

Naruto becomes Ninja Jesus and Sasuke continues to be an angsty loser.

That's all you need to know.

I'm half convinced the only reason Orochimaru made a clone baby with obvious moon-man genes and put him on Bort's team is to get one of them to awaken the Tenseigan. Then they can just retcon/asspull to make it stronger than the Rinnengan or whatever the fuck they need to do to maintain tension

Oh and then was only because hinata became nardo's wife and needed a movie.

So he needed to make hinata important and a villain who could fight nardo without getting shitstomped. So the byakugan got an upgrade

Had neji been more important it would have likely gotten a MS tier upgrade. Now that bort has one, it probably will.

You know, it might be a good idea for someone else to make a watch chart for naruto, similar to the ones made for the different Yugioh series.

>so Naruto and Sasuke fight the battle of their lives and basically neither wins, they end up with an amputated half arm for each

from quora.com/What-happens-at-the-end-of-naruto-shippuden

So Sasuke and Naruto pretty much end up with same power level?

It's actually a bit like Harry Potter, Sasuke ends up with Sakura, like Ron Weasley end up with Hermione

still better than geass's upgrade . what is the difference if you have geass in both of your eyes ?

stop listening to memes, shippuden is great. I wish I was you and I could watch it for the first time desu senpai.

I do recommend skipping fillers, though. Just google naruto filler list and skip those episodes they bring nothing of value and are generally trash

I read the Potter books way back before I was into internet fandom, were there actually shipping wars over that? Because even I saw the obvious RonXHermione end coming by book 3 and I was a fucking child back then

Not really listening to memes bro, It's just I kinda outgrew anime, I'm 30 years old and it's like 10 years I haven't seen any anime at all.

shipping wars? Man Imo Harry should have ended up with Hermione, it was a let down for me, as many things in the Harry Potter series.

The Japanese audience cared about the Uchihas way more. Why they did, I'll never understand.

Their eyes are probably the equivalent of katanas.

>Why can't it do shit

Who says it can't? Maybe all the users just suck, have you considered this?

Byakugan has some cool as powers that were explored recently, since it was shown Kaguya and her son had that eye originally. Although the powers still aren't crazy bullshit. I think its just stuff like reading minds and stuff.

Although an evolved Byakugan is stronger than a Rennigan. In order to evolve a Byakugan you just gotta force together two bloodlines. Its not too hard for ninjas to steal blood from two guys.

> Its not too hard for ninjas to steal blood from two guys.

It is when one of the two lives on the fucking moon

>upgrade
You mean downgrade since it went out of control.

>it's like 10 years I haven't seen any anime at all.
why are you on Sup Forums then lol, maybe you should try a show, who knows you might once again love anime

Indeed what the Uchihas can do is pure BS since the Senju lacks hax comparable despite being teh spawn of Hagoromo.

just put a contact lense on it brah

I can't stand naruto because it doesn't make sense how powerful some villains are, while most of the masses are complete fodder.

Like, everyone's a ninja. Everyone can learn pretty much any sort of technique. So why the fuck is there an endless supply of forgotten/hidden techniques that ony one person in the naruto universe knows?

Everyone used to have such a small pool of chakra that they would need to ration throughout a fight...now it's basically limitless chakra, you only run out when it's convenient. All big bads have inifinite chakra, at least with the tailed beasts there was an excuse.

Hashi shit on mads tho

Too bad he seemed to be the only guy with wood tho

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/_QHwNY18nfdr25FW_tASCQ/

Nothing more cancerous than the Narutard spammers.

>Hashi
>LOL I CANT CONTROL PLANTS AND SHIT
>hax

>lol

wasn't that the whole point?

Sage of Nine Paths had two kids, the older one got all his hax powers and the younger got his vitality and his love for the people and he made the one without the magic eye powers his successor. That's what the whole conflict was over

I lied, I have seen some anime, I remember seeing grave of the fireflies and liking it.

>shippuden is great
I only read the manga and the Shippuden equivalent is pretty good, and there are some god tier parts, like the Hidan-Kakuzu fights and the Pain arc, but after Danzo's death there's a steep drop in quality. The war arc was so goddamn boring.
The ending was nice though, except for the Sakura/Sasuke pairing which was ridiculous.
All in all it was nice, but I don't know if it deserves to be called great.
I'm sure there are summaries online.

Are you being ironic?

I think most of Naruto's problem in the second half stem from the HUGE hard-on Kishimoto had for Sasuke, and by proxy for the Uchiha clan.
If he had treated him like the motherfucker he was, Shippuden would have been much, much better.

But the fans in Nippon loved Sasuke and wanted more. It was so much that Kishi had to introduce the Child of Prophecy stuff to Naruto's character because he thought Sasuke was surpassing Naruto himself in popularity.

Because it was owned by unimportant, fodder characters such as pic related.

shit writing

>Regen
>Massive Chakra
>Tailed best Affinity
For fuck sake, Ashura was able to made a battle avatar with chakra alone.

just read the manga, normalfag

Well the byakugan are just the natural eyes of the ayyliums like Kaguya who racemixed into the Naruto world genepool. Seperately you can think of the sharingan and rinnegan as a result of the juubi/divine tree and it's tainted demon juices mixed into the genepool. The rinnegan might actually be more of a natural part of the alien race but we'd have to see a non alien eat the chakra fruit and see what happens to them. The only ones who obviously did were Kaguya and Momoshiki.

So think of the byakugan just the result of racemixing and the sharingan the result of tainted demon fruit.

... I don't get it

What is so great about Sasuke and the Uchiha?

We get it, a clan of evil shinobi with haxx

>Like how Kurenai was supposed to be really good at genjutsu because there was something special about her eyes
That always did piss me off, how the intrigue over her eyes died almost before it began.

Both Harry Potter and Naruto became popular during the start of internet fandom-ism, so there is a lot of following for it in the West. Its mostly pudgy women arguing with each other on livejournal about the lives of fictional characters

That's the point. The younger kid got the right to succession because he achieved his goals with the power of KIZUNA instead of forcing things along with power. Even then Hashi was about equal to Mads, even if Mads did throw their last fight to get a piece of Hashi's flesh

The sharingan wasn't supposed to be as op as it ends up by the end of the series. It just lets you read opponents moves easier. Itachi was supposed to be the exception, and even still he couldn't do stupid shit like susanoo.

>and even still he couldn't do stupid shit like susanoo.
So you didn't like the ninja Stands?

That's not true though. Originally Sasuke wasn't even a character until his editor told him that he needed a to write a rival character.

no.

>Because the writing was good in the original series.
Damned if this isn't the truth. Started strong, peaked around the exam, downhill from there with the all too brief spike in quality.

Kishimoto gave more of a shit about Uchiha eye wank and parallels than the actual characters.

When Itachi first showed up with Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi it was cool, what with the connection between the eyes and Shinto mythology (Amaterasu was born from left eye, Tsukiyomi from the right), and Susanoo was pretty cool at the time before literally everyone had it, but Izanagi came out of nowhere and Itachi pulls Izanami out of his ass.

Also reminder that Itachi kills his girlfriend by making her experience an entire dream life where they get married and have kids in under a second.

>Skip these 6 episodes out of a 73 episode series
What's the point?

>Izanami

Why did this exist? To "punish people who abused Izanagi"?

But you can literally use Izanagi twice and then you go blind forever, how the fuck does anyone "abuse" it without going full Danzo?

Naruto would have been better if Sasuke was a girl and Naruto married her at the end.

Agreed.

And Sakura didn't exist, yeah.

No one knows. I guess Kishi decided he'd redeem Kabuto but decided to just asspull another Sharingan technique instead of more Talk no Jutsu. Also Danzo's such a cool character. His death was a waste against Sasuke.

I mean Itachi was the first person to use Susanoo. And his was more broken than anyone's except Madara.

I wish there were more genjutsu uses the Sharingan. Tsukoyomi was great but was pointless after it was first used.

Naruto would have been best if Sasuke was Hinata and she and Neji were the last of the Hyuuga wanting to get revenge on the people who wiped out their clan. Sasuke would be the cool guy he was in season 1 and Sakura would the cool nee-san type she was in The Last and try to get Hinata to put aside her hatred and fuck Naruto already. We also get a new Nana Mizuki OP every season instead of just one at the very end.

You know what? Fuck it, we need a reboot. Kishi can contact me anytime.

why do you think we got so many Saladfags in such a short period of time?

Man, all the Sasuke fights were god awful because Susano'o was literally invincible. All he did was stand in one place and spam arrows or amaterasu.
Danzo really didn't help by throwing his first 5 or 6 lives away like nothing.

Yeah, the ending of the fight where Sasuke tricks him into thinking he had an extra eye would've been cool if it weren't for the fact that Danzo probably could've avoided using the majority of his eyes. Also Danzo could've used Shisui's mind control jutsu at any time but only decides to at the end when he takes Karin hostage.

She is practically the only reason why people are paying attention to Boruto other than nostalgic curiosity

remember when the sharingan simply allowed you to copy techniques and maybe do cool genjutsu but only kakashi can do it (I don't remember it that well)

neither does Kishi

Also remember how weird the early series was in retrospect, with young teenagers killing each other in the forest on a regular basis

He was pretty hax

>one eye is just geass
>two eyes means you gain the ability to kill your geass giver and become immortal

Please tell me you see this user.

It's a clan of edgelords. For whatever reason 10 year old Japanese boys always love edgelords. "They can do whatever they want even stay up past their bedtime."

Only works for people who need direct eye contact like lelouch. That's shy Mao was fucked.

I miss Neji.;_;

At least Bakugou is a comparably decent character and not Sasuke 'I'm going to destroy the Leaf Village to avenge my brother who died protecting it' Uchiha.

Make matter worse his favorite character is Sasuke so all this shit is intentional and may have been created for him regardless of Itachi or Madara showing it off first.

It was meant to be pretty OP, considering that it was the only bloodline technique that Orochimaru considered worth having.

Killing off Neji was a mistake with Hinata being a house wife I doubt we'll see any cool Hyuga shit again.

Well, it's not like they've been relevant since before Neji stopped being edgy.

I thought for sure he'd resurrect after the war.

I kept clinging to that for months.

I had forgotten that he died until they showed his grave in 699.

Bakugo is the opposite.
Sasuke turned out pretty chill after Boruto and during the fillers while Baku is going to end up like preadult Sausage.

True before shipp the last thing a of that clan was a filler episode of Hinata breaking out a new move but stillmain characters wife of that clan would have been a good excuse to see something

Right Guy got a save but not Neji his own student while if Guy dying would have sucked it would have been a good chance for Lee stepping up where his master fall or even Guy's team doing something but then Kishi was writing this shit.

>all big bads have infinite chakra

Only Madara spammed techniques like they were going out of style, everyone else either had tailed beasts or were reanimated.

Kaguya was the living embodiment of Chakra so it's a given she'd have stamina.

Here is the difference. Kishi cared about Guy and liked him.

Because no relevant character had the byakugan while two main characters and three major villains had the sharingan.

Guy was a sweet bad-ass character though so that's fine. Rock and Guy were my 2 favorite characters by far because fuck infinite chakra and broken jutsu. At least taijutsu is grounded in reality, even if the Gates stuff is fantasy.

Makes sense. Gai was a better version of Lee.

Didn't Kaguya have the byakugan?

Daily reminder that Neji is still dead while two known hokage murderers are running around alive and well and the partner to one of those murders is running a fucking orphanage.

She could have the Rinnegan and still be as powerful.

And said orphanage acquired an army of down syndrome Uchiha clones who are battle ready and suicidal.

Yeah, but she barely counts as a character and spent most of her fight spamming rinnesharingan shit.

Good, Oro deserves life more

This series is a nightmare.

Until The Last when they created the Tenseigan which is essentially a Rinnegan that gives charka cloaks.

Pretty broken honestly, considering you don't need to be a maximum edgelord candy ass to unlock it.

True I don't recall her eve using it she barley dabbled in taijutsu and could still see points without the thing since she had rinne bullshit.

This is probably why Naruto is now dead. Easily the worst hokage since Tsunade.

The Second must be rolling in his grave after that.

Bakugou wants to be the top hero. He's an asshole but his goal is clear and he's inevitably acting for the greater good. If he doesn't have some character development in the series, which would be weird, then he'll end up like Endeavor, an asshole but a good guy.

Sasuke wanted to kill his brother to avenge his clan and nothing else. He sought power solely for that purpose. Until he met a complete stranger who told him his brother killed his entire clan for the sake of the village, then he decided he was going to destroy the village now that his brother was dead to avenge him. Until he fought his homosexual lover, then he was deadset on just killing Naruto and then maybe the village after, who knows. Until he met his dead brother and talked to some other dead guys, then he just wanted to kill all the Kages and set himself up as the villain for the world to unite against but to do so he had to kill his butt buddy first. Until they actually fought then he just wanted to plop a load in pink shit's pussy and fuck off for 11 years. Now he acts as a stand in father for his rival's kid while totally ignoring the existence of his wife and daughter.

This was the most badass moment in part 2.