Be honest Sup Forums. How bad is your animu backlog?

Be honest Sup Forums. How bad is your animu backlog?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!68UUXa6T!exujtbU1Yp5NzZizZTpd8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The more I watch the bigger it gets. Up to 2.4TB now, and that's after a hard drive failure

Bad enough that this show is still in it.

>only just now reach up to 2012
My autism won't let me skip anything so shit like Ramna takes forever

I love anime girls getting punched in the face.

Backlogs are for faggots.

I took the holiday break to catch up, but when the holidays ended, my list is even longer thanks to everyone discussing year-end AOTS and AOTY contenders. These discussions always mention older shows, and I became really aware of how much I missed in just the past couple years.

My backlog has actually affected my current viewing habits.
Lots of people were calling Hibike Euphonium AOTY, but I never watched it because when it came out I saw it was season 2, and I never watched season 1, so I avoided it entirely. I can't say if I would enjoy it or not because of this.

Anime, not much.
Manga, however...

Who the hell has a back log?

This past few seasons have been a blessing.

So much shit on display, I've finally been able to catch up on my backlog and even indulge in rewatching some old favorites.

i just watch whatever i come across

enough to stay busy

haven't been watching more than like 5-7 shows per season now though and this winter doesn't look like it'll be any different

What does backlog exactly refer to?
I thought it was just not recent anime

not so bad

That's pretty good

2017 Sup Forums in one image

pretty bad, been working on some stuff today though like Zestria, Pandora, and maybe Saekano, I don't know though kinda iffy on Saekano

Please no, the only way you should be punching anime girls is with your lips, against hers, softly.

>having a backlog

There's not enough good anime a season to have a backlog. The only "backlog" you should have is knocking out classics you haven't seen yet.

Should I set up my shit for next season today or work on backlog? If I wait for next season how many weeks would you wait until catching up might be to much?

I've made some good progress in the last three weeks or so. Finished some stuff from my backlog, caught up on a few 16' shows. Overall, things could be worse.

Currently watching UFO Table's Unlimited Blade Works adaption and I'm quite pleased with it in comparison to Deen's adaption. Next I'll probably watch Jigoku Shoujo season 2.

Its bad that I am waiting for this season to start.

I made a lot of progress with it in 2016.There are only 30 animu left in it now.

What will happen to me if I actually manage to beat it?

Fairly big.
I need to confess, I never watched madoka, I do not plan on watching madoka

I tried actually watching things this season, found three shows I really liked, but only made it 4 episodes in before I stopped. Now I'm planning on binging to catch up, but who knows when that'll actually happen.

How new are you exactly? Everyone has to start somewhere but fucking hell.

I've only watched 4 anime series last year. I spend more time shitposting here instead. More instantaneous gratification this way.

Am I the only one who's like this?

People with jobs. It is a truly pitiable existence.

My backlog includes the back half of everything from last season, since I haven't been able to watch anime for a while. Other than that,

This
And I'm pretty much out of classics worthy of that title.

I'm a NEET with a massive backlog. I have the time to watch anime fast enough to shrink it but not the energy. Most NEETs don't

Literally zero backlog. I only save what I want watch.

I'm a casual and have no backlog

I don't think it's correlated. Yes having a job kills all desire or even enjoyment watching anime unlike when you were a NEET or even a kid, but building a backlog has more to do with method of each individual. Some people just don't have a backlog and just download a few series and go through right away, giving no mind to any other series for the duration that they're viewing it.

About 200 titles and growing faster than I can watch

Thanks to my winter break, I only have Card Captor Sakura left. I still don't feel the urge to watch it though.

About 150 I want to watch, around 20 on my computer.
Just started watching urusei yatsura, this will take a while.

That'd be me in the past 6 months.

I don't know, since I haven't watched it.

There are some shows on there that I just don't give a fuck about anymore but I can't be assed to remove them.

I don't have backlog. I realized I just end downloading something new instead of watching something that I already have, so having a backlog is pointless.

I have 300 shows in my backlog. Presuming an average of 20 episodes for each show, that's 6000 episodes. If I watch 3 episodes a day, it will take me 2000 days, or 5 years and five months for me to finish it.
Meanwhile, more shows are airing.

I suck making lists so I just watch as I go. Although if a recommendation comes up it becomes top priority in the back of my mind.
Are you me?

Not too bad
About 37-45, mainly because some series have multiple seasons, plus 5 of those are movies.
Its also likely a handful of them I might drop for being shit.

Though I haven't touched my backlog in 2 years.

If I don't think about my backlog it doesn't exist

Not only do I have an insane backlog, I keep starting new series all the time and not finishing them. There are some 20-30 series I'm "currently watching" and actually intend to finish some day. And each new season just grows that number until I have time to binge a series or two.

I know the feeling. I have about 4tb and it grows faster than I can clear it. I'm not worried about failure, though, as I have a few nice external WD drives and a proper NAS server.

That's wrong though. Having a job makes me appreciate my free time and hobbies even more, it's literally just a matter of me not having time. I spent the last 4 days of my vacation playing video games and only left my room to get food and use the bathroom. The 4 days before that I spent at Akiba buying things and at comiket waking up early to line up to buy more stuff. It was all really fun.

This. I barely watch anime anymore. But I've got hundreds of series in my manga backlog.

I cut my seasonal intake down to 2-3 shows so now I have time to slowly work through the little backlog I have.

I keep telling myself I will but I always end up at about a dozen shows each season.

I didn't need any convincing. I used to low SoL and such but now I need a gripping story to keep interest.

At this point my only chance is to get my spine broken.

I enjoy most every genre if it's done well, so I end up picking up a lot.

I'm sitting on 10 Tb here...

I don't have a backlog. If I can't make time to watch it while it's airing, then it wasn't interesting enough to be bothered.

I have over 40 series in my backlog but probably only plan on actually watching 5 or so of them. Probably only have about that many series downloaded but left unwatched as well.

I remember I used to watch about 80 series a year. Now I'm only doing ~10.

It's dropped from around 300 a year ago

Getting bigger everyday

My penis gets bigger several times a day.

thanks for sharing

I've literally killed my backlog. Last thing on it was Naruto and Shippuden because I loved the manga as a kid. That fucking shit took me almost all of 6 months to watch from start to finish. I'm sure a couple episodes will come out over the weekend of currently airing show that I'll watch Monday or something.

I don't know. I watched 42 shows previous season and it seems I burned out. Most of my backloged stuff turned out to be worse than I expected.
When Lupin III (part 1) is gonna get good? I'm on episode 6 and it so meh.

>Strike the Blood OVA & Season 2
>Fafner Exodus 2nd half

I'm focusing on harem for now, and even that takes forever

It took me like 3 years to finish all of Lupin III. It's overall very meh. Never really was bad and some episodes, movies and OVAs were solid 10/10 entertainment.

I watch whatever shows are currently airing and then start maybe one show from my backlog to fill the gaps. But then over a season I add 2-3 more to my backlog so it keeps piling up.

Fucking hell. I need a new sekreet club.

The previous season gave me a lot of time to watch shows from my backlog because it was so shit.

Sup Forums has been this way since 2007 and probably even earlier. Always been casual af

H-how do i do ?

Why the fuck would anyone do that?

>Sup Forums has been this way since 2007 and probably even earlier. Always been casual af
At least most people were pretending.

The minimum should be 400 completed, but you're probably better than most newshitters.

A lot of the people who've seen

But they are not living their lives correctly

Many years ago the minimum was often said to be 100 completed, without counting shitty 5 minute shorts. I guess it makes sense to raise the limit over time though.

>35 shows in the past 6 months
Dunno mate, that's far more than what the past two seasons had worth being even looked at.
Great reading comprehension there.

Only like 700 things total.

Actually not that bad. I add and remove stuff from it all the time so it's pretty reasonable. I've been meaning to watch Mushishi and Ping Pong for years though, I even have them on my HDD

The last 2 seasons are in my backlog and new seasons keep coming.

They need to stop for a season or 2 to help me a bit.

I have zero.

Recommend me something.

I haven't watched anime since 2011. Not many people here do you know.

I want to yell at you, but half this board is probably like that. If the half that actually watch anime, half of them probably stream, post on MAL and reddit, and watch maybe 8 shows a year.

I recommend you to lurk moar

defintley start white album 2

since '13

Almost there!

Keep it up user, we believe in you.

My goal in any given year is to watch more things off of my backlog than I add to it.

I usually fail because of you dinguses. Thanks.

My goal is to not miss any airing anime that I would want to watch later.

Just got a 4tb from a 2.5 tb. Fuck everything.

I may be a dingus, but atleast I'm no dongus.

Man, you sure aim high.

mega.nz/#F!68UUXa6T!exujtbU1Yp5NzZizZTpd8Q

What if he doesn't like garbage romantic melodrama.

>had hundreds of torrents paused with various series
>at some point i filled up my drive just with first episodes
>had to delete them all
>don't even remember what they were

all i know is that im in the hundreds with what i've seen, hundreds with what i haven't. it's really awful. it sucks mixing it with work and university too. how do you lads do it?

By living alone and spending my free time at home watching, reading and playing things.

Tons of stuff. I just finished oreimo today and I'm emotionally devastated it didn't go the way I wanted it to. I don't feel like watching anything else right now.

It's getting pretty bad.
But a lot of it is obscure 80s OVAs another films, which'll be easy to get around to.