Minna issho [spolier]NIPONPON[/spolier]

Minna issho [spolier]NIPONPON[/spolier]

Have you been rewatching Code Geass? It's strangely way better than I remember it, now that I've grown a little and learned to appreciate characters like Suzaku and Nina.

Just finished downloading this

What am I in for, Sup Forums?

keikaku

Yeah it's great. Flawed but great.

Pointless and mostly garbage.

Learn to use automated spoilers.

It's shit. Bad characters, terrible villain, bad pacing. Some good fight scenes, I guess.

So it's not worth it for a watch?

I just don't want to be blindsided by some character that turns up from it in the next series

I mean you can watch if you want, just keep your expectations low.

6 OVA's of filler and a couple of lines of lelouch, and then Rolo appears.

>I just don't want to be blindsided by some character that turns up from it in the next series

It takes place in between R1 and R2, so that's pretty much impossible

I finished rewatching this a few days ago, and I loved every second of it. Table-chan was still a bitch, though.

This famalam, I'm enjoying the ride as much as I remember the first time.

Season 1 OP1 is still the best anime opening ever, hands down.

I just rewatched last year the the 7th time and it's always a fun ride. I made a lot of threads while at it and also predicted R3 was going to happen

you really should leave the thread for your own good

Why would I rewatch it when they're making a recap movies to get everyone up to speed?

Who told you that? they already have some "recaps" of R2 out. Besides not wanting more time of code geass? pff

R2 was a trainwreck. There's no way I'm suffering through that again

I rewatched it, and in hindsight, they hinted pretty heavily to Lelouch being alive.

Also, the plot made way more sense than I remember after marathoning both seasons.

This is one of the shittiest memes of all time.

It didn't surpass R2 but it was fun in its ow merits

Water

I made it like 20 minutes in. It's about none of the characters I cared about, and the mechs were CG trash. I couldn't do it.

I watched it for the first time recently. I never should have listened to people saying it's retarded or that R2 was bad, the whole thing was fucking fantastic, and Colors is indeed the greatest OP of all time.

I rewatched it recently for the first time in like 7 years or something. It actually is a lot better than I remembered to. Hell even the "R2 is a mess" meme wasn't even really true.

How did that meme even start? Were people mad they delved into the shit that was hinted all over season 1?

My only theory is butthurt Kallenfags since she didn't do anything for like 8 episodes.

the only good thing about it was the fanservice

People were mad because it was more focused on action and some of the plot points that were explained had no pay off(chinese fed arc).

Everyone was underage back then so some people found it hard to follow the the events.

I love Kallen, but I was never a Kallenfag in that I only liked her. Her return from capture was glorious and I enjoyed that fight a lot, but when she went full retard at the end it didn't sour the series for me, I just thought she was really fucking stupid and redirected my love for her all into Jeremiah.

Pay off how? The Chinese federation got used as political leverage, it was never an end game.

I think this might be the one.

It just felt like the arcs to make the Chinese federation went on a bit longer that I felt it needed to in order to set it up. That's about it.

>but when she went full retard at the end
How so? She fell for Lelouch's scheme just like everyone else. And that was necessary for the plan to succeed.

This, she fell for it but realized it right at the end

God damn its amazing what a few years of HRT will do to a guy.

In the grand scheme of things, that's a pretty small issue and doesn't really explain why some people thought R2 was worse than Cross Ange.

>Saves her life when they all question him
>Proceeds to destroy the old Britanian empire from the inside like they all wanted to
>She sees all this and knows him as Lelouch and Zero, and knows how he operates
>Joins their arch enemy because he convinced them all Lelouch was evil by saying "He has a super power and used it to further his cause"
Everyone went full retard towards the end, and Lelouch was certainly betting on that, but Kallen of all people should have figured out what was happening at some point, and her lack of faith in him was disturbing. This is why she can never be more than a mindless pawn.

>Cross Ange
>Not GOAT

Not saying it broke R2 for me, just that it was a flaw I do agree with it just felt kinda dragging on to get to the point of the Chinese Federation joining lelouch. I enjoyed both R1 and R2 about equal, but really loved R2 from episode 16 to the end.

Cross Ange was funny to watch, but it was as stupid as some people pretend R2 is.