Thread got deleted

Thread got deleted

Someone asked why don’t they quit...

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/03/less-than-3-percent-of-americans-live-a-healthy-lifestyle/475065/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have worked in one of these “fulfilment centres”

I lost my proper job in November 2012 and has to get some money real quick

I was lucky that because I’m not a total rerard I was given the supervisors job and I can first hand share some experience of what actually goes down

the conditions are a step away from slavery. Sure you have air conditioning and heating, health and safety regs, a comfort break and lunch break, but this is all that is good

Pickers - as the name suggests - are the ones who pick your online order from the shelf, you were targeted to collect 120 items an hour, very rarely were there 2 iconsecutive items within a few metres of each other.

Average distance covered in 8 hours was about 12 miles

The centre was about 1/4 mile in length

Packers - the ones who package your order were under the most pressure. They had to pack up to 80 small packages an hour. Books, dvds, calendars, small electrical. These guys would be on their feet for the entire 8 hour shift and given a warning if they took a piss outside their allocated break.

My job luckily wasn’t to pick or pack, but to supervise the pickers and make sure they were doing their 120 picks an hour.

You got a few wee dicks who didn’t give a fuck and no matter what you said, they’d still slack off and talk to their friends and not work. I had to sack a feeble of these people, their fault.

What really got to me though was that I had to sack people who through no fault of their own, couldn’t meet the target.

The majority of these people were just not in great physical shape, either grotesquely obese (you can argue over whose fault that is)
Some were simply older guys and a few older women

They had mostly been long term unemployed and they basically HAD to take the job or they would lose all their benefits.

The other people who couldn’t meet the targets were legitimate clinical retards. Such a low iq that it takes them so long to locate the correct item. 1/2

55 hour week ain't shit

Bezos needs more billions to support the deep state.

People just get ground up in the gears of his anti-trust money making machine.

Maybe they should go back to the 3rd world where they came or be glad to be a slave in a modern civilization.

This sounds like one of those jobs that's going to get replaced by robots.

>because I’m not a total rerard
>rerard

>55 hour work week
>exhausting
LOL
you work less and get more money than people of my country and you still bitch about it

I can run 10 miles in under an hour. Sounds like the real problem is you being a fat fuck

Is it 55 hours over 5 days or 6 or 7? Because that's a huge difference.

For 12 hours straight with maybe a half hour break?

Well yeah my job was to approach these people, most of which were twice my age, while I’m a beta faggot, and say to them that they will be terminated if they don’t pick the pace up.

How fucking terrible did I feel? I was only there because mommy and grandmother had given me enough money to live through the next 3 months and I needed to a) show I was making an effort to find work and b) earn some extra money for myself,

There is no way my entitled ass would have done the monkey work yet I was paid to shut in the really desperately people who were.

I’ve gone off a bit of a tangent there but the point I wanted to get across was that nobody really chooses to work there...the people in that article are probably not amazon employees, the amazon employees are given the easy jobs.

They will be agancy workers and probably one or two out of about 700 at that time of year.

The place is one step away from a cotton field and I’m ashamed in the knowledge that I sacked people and ruined any decent Christmas that these people may have had, in my opinion needlessly but I’d have been sacked if my job wasn’t fulfilled correctly.

To answer the original OP Question

Is capitalism evil?

When greed happens, yeah

Amazon niggers are filling their pockets with merchandise "falling asleep" and being transported out in ambulances, bypassing bag checks etc. They then miraculously wake up in hospotal and are free to make their way back home with their free shit.

Obvious really.

I find this hard to believe. Are you talking about a treadmill with zero incline and holding onto it or an actual run on foot?

Now I know why I sometimes get a small item in a huge box. I was going to complain, but I'll just use the box for something around the house.

>mfw I have been working in this enviornment for over a decade. Fucking panzy uks.

Also they keep setting fire to the Rugeley warehouse for the same purpose.

Kill yourself in real life you huge fag.

capitalism is shit and you are all shit for not seeing it.

>you being

your being*

>the real problem

he's not a picker or a packer, stupid. Your problem is not reading carefully.

We had someone die while working in the amazon warehouse nearby. They blamed it on bad air circulation or something. Either way there are only really desperate people working there.

>Is capitalism evil?

>When greed happens, yeah

that's not capitalism - it's the people inside of it. The same is true of communism, except that the
outcome is far worse and unrecoverable, which
is why communism is practically evil. The reason
(state) communism is morally evil is that it removes freedom of choice from people.

>Average distance covered in 8 hours was about 12 miles

That's 2.4 km per hour, or 40 meters per minute. Fucking fat fucks complaining.

>Huururr durrrrrrr you're a beta lazy faggot if you dont work yourself to death for a kike billionaire worth 100 billion

Sup Forums is full of fucking retards

>muh feigned masculinity over anything

Stop pretendting you're not beta because you work yourself to death so your kike boss can buy a yacht and further destroy your nation

>Forced to work 55 hour weeks
Fucking lazy niggers, 55 hours a week is nothing

t. Guy who worked 60 hours a week while doing a masters degree AND helping raise a newborn

I could have handled a 55 hour week in High school easily, if my school let seniors leave early.

Capitalism also allows the formation of unions and collective bargaining for better working conditions, pay, health benefits, and vacation times. It's not my fault or capitalism's fault that they sign a contract that says 'you may have to work 55 hour weeks', they sign it, and then realize they can't do it.

I have pulled 55 hours with no sleep many times as an emergency technician. Working in neg 10 F freezers sucks when you get that tired, but customers pay well when there are thousands of dollars worth of inventory to protect until a part shows up.

>Checks flag
Are you sure he wasn't truck of peaced?

Q: What do you call a labour union under communism?

A: Gulag.

if thats what capitalism allows then how come none of that exists anymore... oh right, because capitalism snuffs it out . late stage

Bs I'm an actual distance runner and my 5k is about 20 mins in outdoor conditions, unless you're a legitimate pro runner I doubt you can run that far that quickly.

Nah, that only happens because there's a surplus of labor. Eliminate the surplus and conditions will improve.

Easy enough if you go into it already conditioned. I think a major problem is people going into a job like that unconditioned and thinking their bodies will adapt. Well if you are in bad shape, that will be like a pretty good workout for you, and like any good workout you need to give your body time to recover in order to get stronger. They aren't getting recovery times sufficient enough, and after a couple weeks they are probably all fucked up.

I'm on day 19 of twelve hr shifts, 7 days a week. 2 hrs commute into the bush everyday. Hard labour, still manage to hit the gym for an hr after work to get gains. What a bunch of bitches

>then how come none of that exists anymore
Because people think that they're completely powerless and choose not to fight. All of these companies need workers no matter how big they are. Without the workers they are nothing. This is enormous leverage the people have against the company, but it means nothing unless they band together to get shit done. Is it easy? Will it always work 100% of the time? Of course not, but you can sit back and take your shitty overworked job for meager pay with no benefits, or do something about it.

I once had a 280+ hours work MONTH and didn't really like it. You know what I did? Quit.

>mentions 55 hour week, not alleged scheduling of shifts which results in sleepy workers

okay

If they make enough an hour it's fair. 15-20 seems fair for a warehouse worker. That's 35-40k annually, right? Perfect for some young kids trying to foot in the door, a solid chunk of the good workers might move on to supervisor roles or higher.

So if they work weekends too, that's 8 hours per day.
And they consider that bad? And they sleep on the job too?
And then they call us lazy...

PAY

I worked in an Amazon warehouse between real jobs and it's just way too much physical work for $13/hour. The job seems to be designed to burn people out in a month and just hire more newfags to take their places.

They have to start at $15/hour during peak now just to get enough bodies in the door to do that awful job. If they were less faggoty about breaks and quotas they could pay half as much for 80% the work.

>muh overtraining
grow a pair, walking 10 miles a day doesn't require a recovery period and some protein loading. i despair about this generation

£7.50 per hour.

Given that some people need to spend about £20 on travel it’s not great

Why do warehouses only employ young people and immigrants which do not speak english (often cent/east european)?
Why are warehouse staffing turnarounds average 3 months per employee?
Why is it the average wage per hour in a warehouse is £4.80ph?

Notice that these stats show clear violation of human rights and that the turnaround for non-english speaking workers seem to be hired through certain agencies and then are laid off after they learn English?
Coincidentally, more non-english speaking immigrants are hauled in to replace these now english speaking immigrants?

Media then portrays that there are too many people on benefits. Finding the actual increase coincides with the now english speaking immigrants being laid off. Only able to attain benefits after 2 years.

And then mudslimes get in because cousin has claimed three council houses and benefits for families that dont exist.

You can run consecutive

There is a slight difference in that you were doing that with the promise of a great payback in terms of your education and raising a family.
No-one wants to work a 55 hour a week dead-end job for peanuts until they retire.
11 hours a day sounds like the amount of work someone puts into a startup, not bog-standard, entry-level work.

get off your phone and get back to work

This.

Retards. Running changes by distance, there is even a huge difference between 400m and 800m. 10k in a hour is normal.
Besides they didn't have to run, and it's an air conditioned storage

£7.50 an hour (10.08$) is the picker wage I believe.

Yeah this is bullshit lol that isnt how tier3 or level4 positions work and rates are never that lopsided between pick and pack.

hhahahahah 55 hour only? holy shit these pussies, fuck them

I work 58 hours a week in a physical job. There are old men in there 60s doing it. They are probably women complaining

>Implying this being published isn't some sort of subliminal pushing for a new industrial revolution

This

>tfw I can't even get a fucking callback from anywhere

Ungrateful faggots

Thanks for sharing your experience with Amazon. Don't let comments get you down, there's always edgelords who'll say you're a dirty commie or a lazy faggot if you advocate for humane work conditions or decent wages. Many DO care. My dad is retired and was going to apply at a warehouse to get some extra holiday cash - I showed him articles about Amazon and am glad he looked elsewhere!

Which fc were you in mate? LTN?

Have you tried giving them a firm handshake?

It's 5 consecutive days

Seriously. That's not even 5 12 hour days.

I have worked a manufacturing job where it was 7 12 hour day workweeks(due to constant high turnover) that rotated between 2 days off to 1 day off. No a/c or heat. COnsistently over 120 degrees in the plant due to the manufacturing process(melting recycled plastic and running it through hot ovens to manufacture texbond). Couldn't really take a break as you were still responsible for breakdowns and waste. It ultimately wasn't worth taking a break. You ate on the job and nearly everyone there would at some point fall asleep while standing. You were lucky to ever really get to sit down.

I would have taken that Amazon job in a heartbeat. Wipe your vagina and learn a trade and get out.

10k is only 60% of 10 miles.
A six minute mile is about average, but not stretched out for an hour. He's saying he can run just over a third of a marathon in under an hour.

All my handshakes are firm and dry. Quality shakes.

>55 hour week
>falling asleep on the job
They should be fired and replaced with real men. It's fucking insulting to anybody that's worked a real job to hear them bitching this much about having a decent paying job with over time.

Did you go in and take to the manager. Maybe shine your shoes.

I worked at a Goodwill warehouse, very similar conditions.

From what I saw, it has to be some kind of elaborate jobs creation program. Cart immigrants in, give them shit job for 2-3 months to get them on their feet, shitcan them in the hopes they find a 'real job' and make those openings for the new immigrants. The turnover rate is massive and the employment of citizens is non-existant.

And to think these fuckers won't even respond to my applications. Maybe they know I'd try making a difference.

>55 hour week
Oh no, poor employees can't handle babby's first labor job.

I once worked a 90 (NINETY) hour work week for over a month.

You people are pussies.

wow 55 hours a week, I used to do hardwood floors at around 70 hours a week ever had to power nail in oak flooring and maintain 100 sq/ft an hour? I did.

this is to blame

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/03/less-than-3-percent-of-americans-live-a-healthy-lifestyle/475065/

Not amazon most likely.

lazy kids now a days; just go in, look them in the eye, shake their hand and you get the job. God, what is wrong with you.

Many people grossly overestimate their ability when it comes to running; particularly if they don't actually go running regularly.

If you took a sample size of 50 average americans and told them to run a timed 400 meter lap around a track so you can get a loose idea of an average time, you'd be stuck with a time of infinity because someone would die from heart failure before they could finish.

Not saying your not a hardman, you clearly are, all my story was designed for is to show you how shit a job it is regardless of your physical and mental endurance capacity

Yeah, I never worked a job at minimum wage in my life. Never will.

>not a total rerard
you sure mate?

In civilized countries people don't work more than 40 hours a week, Paco.

I know welders that have put in 12 hour shifts 6 days a week. I know guys who got into investment banking on the bottom of the pole working 60+ hours a week for 2-3 years. Yes I get these poor bastards are running around like chickens with their heads cut off but 55 hours isn't as bad as it seems to be.

>hasn’t been through taleo application

M8 it’s a job in itself getting to the interview stage

If 55 hours a week is so easy, why aren't you faggots working there right now?

Kek. The eternally cycled Yank strikes again. Being proud of working stupid hours to make somebody else rich. Pathetic.

I’m actually working on an automation project for this with Verizon. Once this is successful, we will be rolling it out to other clients. Disney, and Amazon are the next largest we serve. It’s terrifying

why not get these niggas a golf cart?
Give them some easier means of both moving to a section to pick shit up, and then also carrying that shit to the packing areas.

>doesn’t have mental capacity to find anything to criticise

>picks up on a typo to seem edgy

>Have to pack 2 items in a minute
>one's at the top of a stack, t he other's at the bottom
>Pay is well above minimum
>Plenty of hours but not a staggering amount
N-NEAR SLAVERY! WHY CAPITALISM?!?!
Typical some euros don't want to fucking work. Bunch of lazybones the bunch of you.
>Blimey nigel! I've been scrubbing this chimney for 5 minutes and haven't had a spot of tea and biscuits! Better beg parliament to pass a law that only fucks our manufacturing industry even farther into china!

im just joking around

This, the past five years i've worked distribution center jobs. 50 hours was a normal week, five ten hour days. Anything less and it hurts, i make good bank with that 10 hours of overtime. Last job was a 720,000 square foot DC with two bathrooms, one set at the security entrance/break room and the other is in the middle of the warehouse selection area. Currently work at a 420,000 sq ft DC and it takes seven minutes to walk to my car for break, so I usually drive the forklift. You're fucked if you don't drive a forklift in these places and have to walk, but then again that's the life of a cuck.

you don't need to be a pro to run 10 miles in less than an hour. Loads of amateurs in my area can run 17-18 minute 5ks, one ran a marathon in 2:29 and I think elite qualifying level is 2:15

>When you're so pleb you work in a Legacy building and not an AR building
>tfw tier 3 PIT trainer
>tfw watching the tier 1 process plebs work like dogs while chilling with the RSR master race

Britain if it became an american state, would be the poorest in the union. Poorer than even the nigger infested south and the now-defunct coal-mining states.

Just bee yourself in the interview.

Aw shit sorry, I forgot to lol m8

where to I apply, last time I tried to get a job outside my industry I couldn't get a call back.

I literately couldn't get a call back to collect carts a Wallmart. I'd love to have one of these pussy ass jobs where you can actually sleep and get paid.

I am working near 13 hours a day, with transport included into it. Not at amazon either, but at a car manifacturing company. It is so intense that in the first month your fucking hands become numb, painful and you wake up during sleep.

The pay is good though. But what surprises me most is how many complainers there still are. I also worked at other places before and the main theme that I seem to get is that the average health of the average human has drastically fallen.

I have been in places where the laws were unchanged for 30 years...the laws, the breaks, the times etc. EXACTLY THE SAME

BUT WHAT DO YOU ENCOUNTER THERE?

>its slavery!
>boo hoo I cannot smoke le dope weed all day and go party :(((((((((((
>can I drieeeeeeeenk booz here XD?
>lets sit all day on the smartphone lol

t.proceeds.to.dropoutofsaidjob.in.a couple of days. citizen

I can run a 18-19 minute 3 mile but I definitely cannot run 10 miles in under an hour.

you worked at a reclamation center sorting picking out used needles and ash trays, thats not a real job thats a cuck job lol

>55 hours
nigga I was working that at 18 when I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life
>wahh I have to be on my feet all day wahh
So do fast food workers lul
The real problem here is that the people working the floor of the warehouse are probably not hired by amazon, but through a labor contractor/agency, thusly they get paid dirt and don't have any way to recover losses from long term injuries or illness.

It's easy to imagine that this is true, with everyone buying things online even if you had a willing workforce it's always going to be more than what they can handle.

Yes, they can do it...but with people buying more and more it's no doubt going to get harder.

itt. people virtue spiralling each others shitty wageslave experience
>tfw youve never worked more than 30 hours in a week, in 13 years of working
ill outlive those packers by decades.
dont fall for jew tricks, aimlessly working any number of hours that drains your energy or spirit in a deadend job is nothing to be proud of

Amazon hates it's human employees. this is no secret. they've stated many times that their humans are the weakest part of their supply chain and that they want robots to replace them. they will throw away humans as soon as possible

and remind me why (((we))) need immigrants to do these jobs?