Why do the Japs and the Spics like this so much? I just read through the manga and it was pretty trash...

Why do the Japs and the Spics like this so much? I just read through the manga and it was pretty trash. Fights that start and end in five pages, sameface syndrome taken to the extreme, literally no character development for almost every character, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vVw4-QEk-sg
youtube.com/watch?v=BUZ-xe-9KcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Babby's first violent cartoon. The same thing that DBZ did in North America.

Good character designs.

everyone looks the same, though. especially when they get into full-body armour instead of just chestpieces and gauntlets

Kurumada is one of the worst mangaka to ever get popular in terms of having both poor composition and bad idea

Toeichads polished a turd making the anime into something palpable

The anime has a good character designer

this, Kurumada is basically an 80s/90s Kubo who, unlike Kubo, can't even draw properly.

We only discovered the manga because the anime was a huge hit. And there are good reasons for that, you just need to have a look at the best part, the Sanctuary Saga.

I like it mostly out of nostalgia desu

same reason of dbz, childhoold

The guy is a piece of shit, but the team that did the anime adaptation was made of geniuses. A shame he fired them all one after the other. I'm glad what he tried to do after never was a hit, whatever he tried to do.

i would like more information on what a shit he is please

>athena is in danger
>fight boss to boss at their own house/place until save her

Funny how the arcs are pretty much the same.

>AN ATTACK NEVER WORKS ON A KNIGHT TWICE
>Seiya proceeds to win every fight by using Meteor Punch at least two times

Racism isn't cool

I doubt that the Japanese actually like it that much.

Mexifag here

The anime is pretty good and certain parts are better than the Manga.

Fights are extended and span many episodes.

Every character has development in the series.

It has good themes and a good dialogue.

Finally there are cultural differences which make certain stuff be successful in other times or other countries.

Masami Kurumada fired all the old staff that worked on the first 13 OVAs of the Hades Sanctuary arc. All the people who made his horrible manga famous. He then hired new staff (all newbies) plus veteran director Katsumata, who never had any experience with the series.
Till then we had epic stories of Heroes who have to save a Goddess like you can see in the Greek mythology, but suddenly we get Magical boys that are more or less a Precure rip off. No even mentioning the 3D movie with all the characters looking like bishonen from Final Fantasy, the characters and storylines completely massacred etc.
And now that he sees that women fans (the last who remain, fujos who still draw dojins based on the old show) won't buy his shit, you get his last wonderful idea: female Saints.

You have to know that he declared in an old interview that he decided to draw charactrs inspired of the greek mythology because he thought women would appreciate 'boys in tunics (= skirts).
I say NO thank you and fuck off.

LOS GUARDIANES DEL UNIVERSO, AL TRIUNFAR EL MAL

Just one glimpse then
youtube.com/watch?v=vVw4-QEk-sg

Imagine the effect that song can have when used for the death of your favorite character.

The anime is its saving grace, Saint Seiya wouldn't be nearly as popular if the animated adaptation never happened..

Great Soundtrack
Great Designer
Great Fillers (except the one that made Shaka look like a straight up villain)

While I don't agree with OP, he did say didn't understood why it is so popular in certain places by reading the manga alone, you and other people in this thread are just pointing towards anime for cool it was.

The manga does have some faults OP pointed out, Kuramada does have an extreme case of sameface, made worse by the fact the official manga colors has many characters looking similar beyond their faces, the Gold Saints in particular are all pretty blond dudes in the manga, with only some minor hairstyle differences to tell them apart.

This one is even better:
youtube.com/watch?v=BUZ-xe-9KcE

>popular in certain places by reading the manga alone,
Hu, and that would be where? I've been a Saint Seiya fan for 25 years and I've never heard of hardcore SS manga fans. Anywhere.

Sanctuary Arc pretty much defined everything that would come, it just was that mind boggling popular.

It also made Gold Saints into the most popular characters in the series, it was so unexpected that the Anime made most filler at the time make the gold saints look even more evil due the fact they were fighting against Seiya & Co.

Well next time he better start his thread with a pic of one of the manga's covers, because when he says 'this' it has to be related to the pic, which is from the anime. Saying that he read through the manga then only can mean that he also had a look at the original work.

Plus just in case you didn't notice, nobody is defending the manga. It was a genre that was popular at the time. Big heroic tales of sacrifice with a lot of blood. Not 'violence'. Or greek mythology is only 'violence' without character development etc too.

Its another spic beaner bait thread

Don't you have a Getter thread to shitpost in, pablo?