Pic related - They want Chinese money to have more say in anime!

I swear these guys are seeding the terminal phase of the death on anime!

>Anime director Yutaka Yamamoto, or "Yamakan" (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Wake Up, Girls!, Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens), and former president of Gainax Toshio Okada, or "the Otaking," have a history of criticizing the anime industry, even going so far as to declare anime "dead." At a Christmas Eve discussion at Akihabara UDX Gallery in Tokyo, they focused their attacks on a topic often considered taboo: the production committee system.

>Both men considered the system, which originated as a way to disperse risk among numerous stakeholders and to simplify fundraising, a "shackle" around anime. The companies that make up the production committee have an incentive to maintain control of their anime, which translates to at least 40% of the copyright. Despite the presence of Chinese communications firms who are willing to put up as much as three billion yen (US$26 million) to produce anime, production committees are often loath to accept this much if it means sacrificing their controlling stake. Yamamoto said if the managing companies can only put up 40 million yen (US$346,000), that means the production budget will be set at only 100 million yen (US$865,000).

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7f5NotUFZhBWDByWm5OZUlTTFU/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Okada went on to say that if the Chinese firms still contributed a large figure like two billion yen (US$17.3 million), then the production committee will split the money among 10 different projects. This is a factor in the increasing amount of anime in production today, although it (according to Okada) comes at the expense of quality. "If we had a billion yen, we could make a really good anime movie," he lamented. But this would come at the cost of its funding being 100% Chinese. "People want the production committee system because they want money."

>Okada advocated for "getting rid of these middle-aged men [on the production committees] and connecting directly with the Chinese funders." Yamamoto didn't want to go this far, but called for a "change in mentality" to raise more money and to value individual anime more. Okada predicted that a "slave revolt" was coming.

Whatever, anime can't get much worse than already is.

Can you imagine 50 "Bloodivores" per season???

If they like China so much, go work there and leave anime alone!!!

They are right about the system, but they are the worst persons you could expect anything of quality.

The system is the reason why anime is not dead... yet

last season wasn't that bad

>selling your profits to China
Kill yourself, Yamakan.

China will help Yamakan save anime!

chink money >>> 'murkin SocJus influence anyday

Anime has none of the latter. On the other hand, Chinese money is the devil's coin.

Man, imagine 12 episodes late-night anime shows that had a budget of 10 million dollars.

Every Chinese-catering anime I've ever seen has been awful

I can't see it happening.
Japs still hate the chinese.

Nip production committees are making 50 Bloodivores for the chinks with chink money exactly because they want to keep chinks at bay.

>Yamakan trying to save his ass trough the chineses jews
Kek

There definitely needs something that breaks up the monopoly that the Anime Consortium has over the entire anime industry.
Either foreigners like the Chinese, or Walt Disney, or Warner Bros., or perhaps another rival coalition of anime producers banding together.

Why do you not want the Japanese to control their own industry? Are you some kind of predatory capitalist?

>selling your industry to foreigners will save it
No.

If Yamakan had 1bil yen could he have made a Your Name level success? I seriously doubt it.

Then you'll have to find those mystical quasi-independent anime producers who aren't part of the Anime Consortium yet and who would be willing to oppose them.
But I bet it would actually just be easier for those companies to just make deals with the ACJ or even join them outright.

Here's an idea. Why don't Chinese train other Chinese to draw cartoons. SHOCK.

You mean completly reversed. Chinese hate japanese for WW2.

One of the problems is that the great majority of all studios are currently absolutely irrelevant and are just trying to stay alive by making extremely low-budget anime shows or having to rely on the goodwill of the medium-tier anime studios hiring them to make inbetweens for them.

Either more anime studios need to die, or something needs to change for the masses of low-tier anime studios to get out of their misery.

based Otaking

Funnily enough, the Chinese are right now learning from Japanese how to draw cartoons. Once they'll have perfected the craft, they can then train their fellow Chinamen, and won't need no stinking Nipponmen anymore. Cartoons made by Chinese for the Chinese is the endgoal of the Chinese.

They both hate each other, and it doesn't just date back to WW2, mind you.

We also can see Breaker or any other Webtoon if they allow chinese shit.

Their politicians hate each another.
The animators in China and Japan are too poor and too desperate for money to hate some other Asian from across the sea.

mongolian imageboard will finally be memed into real life

>Wing Ping Ling, your typical high school student, has long given up his belief in the supernatural. However, upon meeting Hua Xing Xing, he quickly finds out that it is the supernatural that she is interested in—aliens, time travelers, and espers among other things. When Hua laments about the lack of intriguing clubs around school, Wing inspires Hua to form her own club. As a result, the SOS Brigade is formed, a club which specializes in all that is the supernatural.

>Much to his chagrin, Wing, along with the silent bookworm, Ting Ling Chang, the shy and timid Lin Xhao Miao, and the perpetually smiling Tang Zhou Xui, are recruited as members. The story follows the crazy adventures that these four endure under their whimsical leader, Hua. The story is based on the light novels by Ting Ting Wong.
AOTY 2030.

Literally the death of anime.

Try to focus on the part that says other anime producers if the idea is too abhorrent for you.
Unless you were just a speedreader and didn't notice at all.

>Add Chinese names to your favorite anime
>Makes it sound ridiculous and laughable

Chinese money (from streaming) is how the Anime Consortium is making a profit from all those shit-selling anime shows that not even the most lowly nip otaku are willing to buy, though.

Chinese anime probably being a thing in China, no?

I doubt we will get shit tons of retarded daos stories in a second chinese will give their money. It's up to studios. We will be able to see who is greedy retards and who is true samurai. Kek.

More shows like To Be Hero is okay though

Cool show. Agree.

James Bond warned us all along and we didn't listen.

The reason why stuff that already looks like it will sell like utter shit from the get-go before the first episode broadcast like Regalia, Flip Flappers, Matoi and Magic of Stella are even being produced at all is because chink money is being diverted to finance those shows.
That's why the production committees don't make any losses at all.

It's literally a money laundering business.

The older generations do. Younger generations are perfectly happy with consuming jap media.

Every time I see threads about anons thinking china can save anime, I wonder if they are either shills or have no idea about what the anime fandom in china is like. You'll just be getting more of the same stuff. There is unlikely to any new creative breakthrough because the chinese weebs' taste is fairly similar.

>low-tier anime studios
Except that what you propose would lead to MORE of those. Especially if China is involved.

They are doing that though.

Why would they make Flip Flappers for the Chinese audience? it's clearly too high brow and intellectual for them.

>Except that what you propose would lead to MORE of those. Especially if China is involved.
Nobody is under any illusions that the Chinese are doing it out of goodwill.

>it's clearly too high brow and intellectual for them.

Flipfloppers isn't too high brow for anybody.

Nobody said anything about goodwill. The post I was replying to was talking about those very thing while also talking about chinese involvement in the same breadth.

Hadn't Yamakan retired (for like the fifth time) in the first quarter of last year, after even fucking Ordet kicked him out?

Why the fuck is he still shitposting IRL?

They're not making Flip Flappers for the Chinese. They're also not making Flip Flappers for the Japanese either.
Flip Flappers is made so that Chinese money is being distributed into small parcels so that the chink-investors don't have a say in the production committees.
If Flip Flappers flops, then that's actually good for the Japanese producers, because they're wasting chink-money, while still owning a new IP. And then the chinks have to decide if they want to buy the licenses for such shows that nobody wants.

>If Flip Flappers flops, then that's actually good for the Japanese producers, because they're wasting chink-money, while still owning a new IP.

But if Flip Flappers does well then that's actually good for the Japanese producers because they're wasting chinkmoney while owning a new SUCCESSFUL IP

Truly a diabolical system where the Japanese producers win no matter what.
They waste chinkmoney in both cases and lose literally nothing.

I'm all for it, maybe it will result in an anime about Japan's role in China during the second world war.
Someone has to finally tell the nips.

>implying there won't just be a shittonne of Chinese propaganda about how great China is

>I'm all for it, maybe it will result in an anime about Japan's role in China during the second world war.
Joker Game.

China is a great country. It has like 9 and a half million km², trailing behind Russia, Canada and the US.

State agencies proper handle the matter of propaganda film, and they don't do many proper films or television, mostly because they're both unprofitable and unpopular. The Soviet Union could put out extremely unprofitable films, even propaganda films, but still make up for it in film awards. The chinese can't, so they don't.

The chinks are already doing that by making a hell lot of live action series about chink commies wrecking jap scum. They are already getting mocked for that shit on the net.

No
Like a serious one
Like an animated adaption of The Human Condition

I want a good kung-fu anime with drunken protagonist.

>The chinks are already doing that by making a hell lot of live action series about chink commies wrecking jap scum. They are already getting mocked for that shit on the net.
Except the Communists barely fought the Japanese. They let Chiang's army suffer most of the damage and then took over China after Japan left. All the Communists vs Japan battles are literally lies because they never took place.

Were you honestly expecting propaganda to be accurate?

I'd watch Chinese anime if they do it in japanese

And is this a problem
Seems like the soundest policy the CPC could have taken, bruv. Or would you prefer they went ahead and engaged the Japanese in proper set piece engagements?

>money is all going towards making new pointless IPs/adapting mobage and noname LNs
>meanwhile animators are still basically feudal peasants
rlly maek u tink

In a decade or so, after the Chinese have long written off their failed investments, FliFla can then be sold as part of a package to streaming service providers and easily make pure profits.
It's best that it flops now, so that in a few years later, it can then be turned into money.

Behold, sakugashit that nobody back then wanted at all.

Animators are even greater troglodytes than producers, so I feel to see the problem.

>Yamakan
>former president of Gainax
Fuck off, both are useless hacks and want retarded chinks to save their ass.

More like Fake of Nanking, imrite?
Go back to your shithole.

Sakuga by its very name is the opposite of shit though

Maybe studios don't want to take risks on originals and built a safety net making adaptations.

A glossy turd that comes out of one's ass with no hassle yet manages to tickle the prostate a bit is still a turd, user

Studios don't decide on anything at all anymore, since they lack the money to make stuff in the first place. That's why they rely on contracts from production committees, which in 9 out of 10 cases are just the Anime Consortium.

>the inventors of gorilla warfare
>fighting head-on battles

The CCP were literally poorly trained peasants after 5 encirclement campaigns by Chiang's soldiers.

The fact that Chiang lost to literal peasants despite superior equipment/training/manpower/industry is a massive joke that is still funny decades later.

Well yes, the rape of Nanking is is one possible topic.
Jeez m80 Japanese filmmakers in the immediate post-war period were cool with portraying the morally difficult position of Japan during the war. What's up with this volte-face?

>Shit analogy

No one gives a shit if it's not 'Hall of cost movie #149: remember to support Israel', everyone else failed like Ukraine or Armenia, and thankfully nobody that matters wants to see that shit.

Animators do deserve to be treated like shit for willingly working under such conditions.
The system works perfectly fine for the sponsors.
They have a dumb cheap army of replaceable workers who are too frightened of losing their working place, they get foreign investment money that they can spend without any fear, and they rake in the profits, and they even get to fuck cute voice actresses in their prime.

If it pleases you, the best Israeli cinema has to offer involves IDF soldiers shitting themselves in Lebanon.

>nobody that matters wants to see that shit
I'd think folks who watch Ichikawa Kon matter a little more than the average pleb
like you

As a Chinese speaker I have to say Chinese pronunciations really does not transfer well into English.

Yamakan is such a joke.

And that is why nobody needs to ever do something as stupid like wanting to support the anime industry.

Buy shit that you want because it has value to you, not because you feel obligated to support some poor studio that actually will never ever get to see any cent from whatever shit you spend money upon, no matter if you're streaming or buyfagging.

Does Wing Ping Ling sound better when a native Chinese speaker says it?

Why not send them a check?

>analogy X is automatically wrong because it involves thing I don't like
Go back to Sup Forums

>Okada advocated for "getting rid of these middle-aged men [on the production committees] and connecting directly with the Chinese funders."

Fucking chink sympathizer, gas this fucker.
The death of anime is near with people like him, Shinkai please save us.

>If we had a billion yen, we could make a really good anime

How many fractale is a billion yen?

Assuming that an average late-night anime is 2.5 million dollars, and that 1 billion yen is 8.5 million dollars, you'd get 3.4 of them.

>aliens
>time travelers
>espers
>supernatural
>allowed in china

Can't they just make something good enough that people want to buy?
Now it's only garbage.

That garbage IS what people want to buy.

>Now it's only garbage.
Sure. Thank the Anime Consortium for that.

No, they're making things YOU don't want to buy.

SEA user here. Do not, i repeat, DO NOT, let chink control your economy. Hell i think chink is worse than jews.

Even then it depends. Some Chinese speaker are very nasally (Hokkien) and their accents just make them sound like toothless rednecks. Cantonese accents are by default ear torture (I'm Hokkien by ancestry so I have suffered first-hand)

In general modern Chinese voice actors make for poor listening because we don't tend to generate our voice from the diaphragm. If you want to hear Chinese spoken pleasantly you'll probably need to find those New Year CCTV specials.

Let me guess, you want western oriented garbage like cowboy bebop right?

What kind of anime does China like anyway? If their tastes are equal or better than Japan's then literally what's the issue?

Any manwa inspired anime will suck donkey dicks...dat chinese money mang...I think individual animators can curtail chinese influence if they rely on crowdfunding that way good shows are produced and bad ones are thrown in the pits of obscurity.

>crowdfunding

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7f5NotUFZhBWDByWm5OZUlTTFU/view

>Can't they just make something good enough that people want to buy?
Well Yamakan definitely can't. No wonder he's so salty.

I personally am not against the Japanese controlling their industry, but there needs to be more foreign money poured into anime if we want a return to high budget shows on a more regular basis.

Maybe there's a Chinese Weeb who hates Chinese culture and wants to be Japanese, and wants to fund a show?