en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_science
youtube.com/watch?v=et8kDNF_nEc
plato.stanford.edu/entries/feminism-epistemology/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>philosophy of science
what the fuck does this even mean?

> in a major where you take a philosophy course at all

Nope - just keep giving us your parents' money please. Thanks

Science isn't real. Biology doesn't matter, and the earth is flat. Chemistry is just jew magic.

A Phd in math is technically philosophy of science degree.

Required class for science majors at my Uni. But to me, it is just a way for the school to make us take as many humanities classes as possible... So this is what they have come up with.

I'm glad I didn't go to college because I could never force myself to write this bullshit.

Yep, much better to crack open some classics on Philosophy instead of getting fed Marxist bullshit.

You can prefix the entire summary with something like "As discussed by the textbook/Author...", to somewhat maintain your dignity. University was also terrible for me.

that's what a phd is isn't it? I don't know exactly what it means though

Why are you getting a degree in something that requires this course?

Do you read stuff of Luhmann, etc.?

hahah
i like of the cut of yer jib, m8!

Grit your teeth, and feed them back the shit they want till you can get back to your real courses.

Just for the love of god, trash the professor anonymously every chance you get, whether through RateMyProfessor or official end of semester reviews, but always in a well written way that'll warn other students and unlikely administration

Basically it's the history of science. Empiricism (what is knowledge, where does it come from, etc), the modern scientific method, scientific ethics, blah blah blah.

I actually still have my PhilSci text. It's pretty small but still interesting.

FPBP.

I did, realized I wasn't going to fund this shit willingly. I dropped out and immediately got a job making over 60k. Not an easy job, but it didn't require me to get ZOG'd in a public indoctrination center. And in 8 years I won't have a degree in hand, I'll have a filled out pension and a career with upwards mobility. Post-secondary education is literally a meme. You don't even have to do a trade. There are so many jobs out there that have like 12 month training periods, and their only pre-requisite is a GED equivalent. And some of them are 6 figure positions, after I've been in my current department for 5 years, I'm going to be shooting for one of these 6 years positions. I'll be 27, with a steroided up resume from this job. And my peers will just be walking out of the institution wondering where all the jobs are.

It means the philosophy of science.

Science is a type of philosophy. Metaphysics and epistimology play pivotal roles in how we reach scientific consensus.
This is common knowledge.

Well, the interesting part is the only female we have even discussed in the class is pic related. It is almost like feminist perspectives in "philosophy of science" is... just imagined?

*one of those 6 figure positions

yes

No it's not you dumb faggot. Stupid retard

do this
you get the answer right and still piss off the teacher
write in a way that makes it clear you're not on board with the faggotry
you're just stating facts
the only thing they want in return is your capitulation

Good leaf.

Reluctantly tanking my Philosophy final tomorrow. Fuck my life. I'm finally through. Time to go spam HEIL HITLER everywhere I can. Now they can't take my degree.

so basically epistemology?

>Take home test

These exist?

how can white boi even compete?

My major is in Chemistry

>3 overlapping strand
Like this desu?

>american education
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_science

>make us take as many humanities classes as possible
make as much money as possible.
create more debt to the student.
>creating debt that cannot be easily paid off with work in a field related to your major.

I get that college is a place to "open your mind" and learn new things, but at the expense of loading society with insurmountable debt. that is in no way ethical.

>I can't be exposed to different ideas without my head exploding
Jesus, conservatives are pussies

I've read Herbert Spencer, Robert Nozick, and Giovanni Gentile without having an aneurysm. You should be able to do the same with people you don't like.

what is the name of the class?

It's not real, guy. It's a game.

youtube.com/watch?v=et8kDNF_nEc

Well, op has two of his feminist ideas, what's lucky number 3?

DO NOT PAY BACK DEBT. LEAVE COUNTRY. MY PLAN. TAKE NOTES.

nigga the semester ends next week

This, had to do for a critical essay about the constructivist and rationalist notions on reputation by some dude

it isnt the new ideas that are challenging. its that they add no value to marketable skills. see my reply above.

you can learn new things and be forced into the humanities via the internet. people do not need to pay for archaic modes of learning that will not directly benefit the marketplace. such as feminism bs.

Put in 3 egalitarian examples instead. They wont know the difference.

how much did that cost you, 40k? 60K? good fucking god.

lol. nice.
take notes folks.

>This, had to do for a critical essay about the constructivist and rationalist notions on reputation by some dude
sounds pretty fuggin gay my man

Listen here Mr. McDonalds flag, it's not hearing alternative perspectives that's the problem. It's being unable to critcize them, being not allowed to debate them in class. I know people here who have been kicked out of class because they debated with the teacher too much - the teacher had a mental break down, and begged the admin to do something. The admin ruled that my friend hadn't disrupted the class but just asked hard questions, so they booted him out of the classroom and gave him a tutor for the rest of the semester so the teacher could go on indoctrinating without resistance. These aren't educational institutions anymore. I blame the fact that most teachers are unfirable more than anything, tenure is a horrible concept - teaching needs to be merit based, more than any other field. It's why I dropped out. But now I make more money than I would've ever possibly made following my major. (History.) Hell I probably make more money than my old professors.. And I personally have plenty of Left wing thinkers in my personal poli-sci library.

just draw 3 overlapping dicks

Universities are not trade schools. You should be more pissed that college has become so expensive that you think your education should exclusively focus on "marketable skills".

Yeah, it's sort of like a history of applied epistemology. We think about truth and science differently now than we did hundreds or thousands of years ago. How you view the world affects how you explore it, and what you assume to be true or possible. Basically we started reading Aristotle and ended up at Newton, and made note of major scientific milestones that caused radical changes in perspective, both of how we view the world and how we view the process of science itself.

I was forced to take a gender studies class to graduate and one of the midterm essay questions was the most idiotic and degrading things I've ever had to write for anything.

"What would be a good question to see on this exam? Write the question, the answer as well as the reason why you believe it would be a good test of your knowledge about intersectional feminism."

I forgot what I wrote but I do remember it was out of 60 points. I got zero for my answer. Feminism as a required class credit for all majors is a sin.

>its that they add no value to marketable skills.
That's such a vile view of higher education.
Only a money grubbing American proto-kike could make such a statement.

"Science in the Modern World" but it is within the philosophy department.

so this is what they teach at Cornell these days eh

it is, literally only had to translate and resume it, took in some redpills tough

1) genetic imperative to procreate and nurture children vs having a career
2) tighter intelligence standard deviation amongst women than men, resulting in fewer high intelligence outliers at the professorial and PhD researcher level.
3) same effect resulting in higher frequency of cognitive normitivity, resulting in fewer disruptive achievements by women

>This is common knowledge.

It should be but it isnt

What's the (((correct))) answer?

Math is god's language and science is the study of math manifested.

What is this thing called "Science", anyway?

You're not alone

I could never deal with this. And droping out dpeneds on how vested you are in your education journey.

>PHIL 240
>feminism
What the actual fuck

Why not just find 3 times it backfired? They are women in philosophy in science, can't be hard to find terribly embarrassing content

Pray tell have you attended a four-year college? STEM majors still have to take humanities undergraduate courses.
(OP) get out. Take a film studies course

this is what happens to your society when you believe a) the jews got gassed and b) that would have been a bad thing

>Be amerimutt
>Willingly pay them my money so they can indoctrinate me

What did he mean by this?

Science requires knowledge of epistemology you retard.

At it's simplest, it's a process that attempts to discover truths about the natural world.

And then you put on your autism hat and start asking questions like "what's a truth anyways?" or "how can we tell a truth from a not-truth?" or "what exactly constitutes the 'natural' world?" and finally "but what does it all mean?" followed by lots of gibberish and possibly becoming an hero.

It was an OK course (Phil/Death and Phil/Religion were both better) but fortunately I got through mine before the SJWs had fully infested the university.

Philosophy promotes self reflection, intellectual curiosity and ordered, rational thought which will help you with just about anything

If its not marketable then its only because people dont understand its true value

Well, fuck it, lets discuss the RAISE act then, cunt.

Poor sod. I had to write a ten-page research paper on how niggers have been oppressed since the Civil War, so I just limited it to the Jim Crow era. I refuse to write a paper about the niggers of today being "oppressed".
It doesn't look like this gives you an easy out, though. I might follow this leaf's advice:

>he can't reflect on the viewpoints and philosophies of others
yeah, you should drop out, you are either a nigger or you have nigger-tier IQ

plato.stanford.edu/entries/feminism-epistemology/
Reading too hard for you, Cletus?

Don't you have a buttfucking to receive?

It is marketable if you take it pursuing a career in legal practice and/or legislation. Participate in community discussions and politics while you are at it. Its not that hard to find a use for philosophy.

science is inherently humanist and doesn't need feminism.

Thanks for the reply! I was actually probing to see if this was your textbook. I enjoyed Philosophy of Science. Interestingly enough the book ends with "well there's *something* keeping the universe going that we don't really know".

Just a guess: I think it is a gen-ed he is taking. That course in particular is not required, but a certain number of credit hours from that 'area' are.

Why not just leave it blank

>so I just limited it to the Jim Crow era.
That's really all you had to cover anyways, any remaining "oppression" we see today is really just aftereffects of jim crow

>no debt
>decent job
Feels good being a 'Cletus'.

Suggest an educational reform act which removes all federal funding from universities, or which establishes Fairness Doctrine-style rules of balanced viewpoints to be granted access to such funds. Further, combine accreditations so that all universities are in the same pool and must honor credits between each other.

>Philosophy of Science
Is anti scientism a real thing?

TAKE HOME TEST
wtf

Literally brainwashing wtf

>TAKE HOME TEST
seriously is this the state of american education today?

I studied political science 8 years ago and a question like this would never have been put on a test. Never.

Its crazy how bad its gotten. I wouldn't answer that question. You can make a stink about it, its so fucking obvious what they are trying to do that they'd have to let you off. You'll never be able to take a class with that professor again, but its worth it.

most serious exams are take home. its not about rote memorization its about being able to use your grasp of concepts to do your own research and make an argument out of it.

teaching people how to write isn't a bad thing.

>a job that can be done without an education
>decent

I hope your robot replacement is nice to you.

This question is just setting the professor up for jokes.
>Much like women, electrons behave differently when observed.

you're a dumbass if you're paying to be indoctrinated/brainwashed

Same to you, Mr. Paper Pusher.

Yes. This is what you get when you have people that want to deny the scientific method and learning, but also decry religion and so have to concoct a different film to wrap themselves in.

Know your enemy

>vagina gets you jobs
>vagina gets you orbiters and a view where it would otherwise be ignored
>#resist

>t. freshman
One day, a professor will give you the choice between a take-home or in-class exam. If you are smart, you'll vote for the in-class option.
Take home exams are basically timed final projects

Just waffle on with some world salad of esoteric bullshit and you'll get an A.

I graduated back in 1999
I have never hear of a TAKE HOME test in my life until now.

Depends on the class, but if this is a hard science course I'd take the test to the administration and ask them what the fuck feminism has to do with chemistry/physics/etc. or why a professor is being allowed to blatantly inject their personal political beliefs in a course that has nothing to do with it. If you're taking gender studies on the other hand, you've brought this on yourself.