Is a proper Shaman King adaptation ever happening?

Is a proper Shaman King adaptation ever happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8qLl145FqQg
youtube.com/watch?v=eVNR6SaUiOo
youtube.com/watch?v=qjFPJQ9tywc
youtube.com/watch?v=2C6hkLLSHEk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd be happy just with Flowers coming back.

I wonder because its the 20th anniversary next year. I heard something about flowers coming back in some form or another

doubtful, but at least might be true

Hopefully not.

Those endings man, Jesus Christ.

whats wrong with the ending?

Maybe Maruyama left MAPPA and started M2 just so he could finally do it.

anyone read nekogahara yet? how is it?

I'm waiting for the anime.

any link to scans?

I don't think there are any, Mankin trad won't translate anything that gets licensed

>this show will never EVER leave my backlog

just checked batoto. seems like nothing of takei's ever gets ripped, or at least they only get ripped partway

it's on KM

what do you mean by KM? I checked kissmanga but it wasn't up

Consider reading the manga? It looks fantastic and is usually good enough at the other stuff too.

>Tfw will never see Hana using that zero pilot spooky skeleton ghost as his main

I still liked the flashback arc the best. It was just so melancholy and Matamune was great.
Shame it went downhill so fast after that arc.

Also it got pretty gay near the end.

Takei couldn't hide his lust for shota anymore. At least he could go full out in Ultimo with it so that he his satisfied for years.

>we'll never get more grown up Tamao and Hanagumi

which ending? i kinda like that it went full on power of friendship it really followed yoh's pacifist tendencies to a T

is all of ultimo ripped yet?

Flowers was shit.

it was certainly the high point of the series but the star festival stuff and the last arc were good too

Well the power of friendship didn't really do jack in the end.
It was more Hao's mom bitch slapping him that made him decide not to kill everyone.

read this when I was 8 after seeing the show on 4kids and fell in love

reread it last year and forgot how like diverse this shit is and how deep it goes into how the religious n cultural stuff forms itself in the series

No idea.

it was working, he even lost the ability to read minds

Well I sure loved the train rolling up with everyone.

And then all that OP bullshit didn't even matter because money rules the world.

I did like that it revealed that not even Hao and the fire spirit could truly kill souls. I was pretty sad that he apparently just super killed that one lady but then she appeared on the train at the end.

My biggest complaint about Shaman King was just how rushed it got near the end. Characters were getting and dropping new power ups left and right. Power levels were rising all over the place. They got all the primal spirits off screen. Hell, it seemed we were gonna get a cool battle with Enma, but then that happened off screen.

And I think when they made death stop mattering, a fair amount of the stakes went away. Sure there was still Hao and his overwhelming strength, but otherwise death even became comical. Hell, during the fight between the main characters, Yoh got his arm broken off and everyone was like "Hey, lets just have a battle to the death! For fun!"
It was wierd

man what does dude do anymore? he had one main success and just kinda fell off the map

He worked on a collaboration manga with Stan Lee.

Srsly

>They got all the primal spirits off screen.
And it got like one page of exposition.

"Oh yeah this difficult thing we've been building up for a bunch of chapters? We did it, here you go."

I dunno, He was working on a sequel but the magazine it was published in died so it died too.

well it was cancelled for like 4 years and it's comeback was just a reprint with 17 extra chapters so it's rushed ending can't be helped

I didn't mind the death has no meaning stuff either, the hell training was cool and then there's Yoh's speech about having a future

he gets work often actually, since shaman king he had an unsuccessful manga that was later rebooted witch ended last year along with and and right now I think he has some kids manga and a manga about a cat samurai running and he may have plans to continue Sk but we'll have to wait till next year to find out about that

>He was working on a sequel but the magazine it was published in died so it died too.
Kind of a shame, I remember hearing the manga was actually doing well on its own.

After the success of Ushio to Tora the pres of MAPPA said they wanted to do more "hot-blooded 90's shonen anime" and mentioned Shaman King by name. It's not guaranteed but i think it's fair to be hopeful.

If they do Shaman King, I hope they iron out the pacing issues it ran into after the revival.

Don't do this to me user.

I hope so too man. MAPPA does good work and they seem passionate about the amine they make. If anyone can do it right it's them.

source?

Heres hoping they use this intro
youtube.com/watch?v=8qLl145FqQg

I mean they wont, but one can dream

Adult Tamao is absolute sex

it's not okay for this to be good

Just accept it, let it happen

>And I think when they made death stop mattering, a fair amount of the stakes went away.
I think it was quite intelligent actually since the show since a long time ago was repeating that battles are meaningless since no matter what happens Hao will win.
And when you get to the end Hao becomes Shaman King and destroys everyone, the only thing they could was convince him to give them a chance to show him that humanity is not as shitty as he thinks.
There were never any stakes, Hao was gonna win and he won, powerlevels ultimately became irrelevant.

I can't remember where i saw it. I think it was a clip in a Mother's Basement video. It was a while ago sorry.

Believe me I'm a huge Shaman King fan. I wouldn't lie about this.

I always hated that all the nudity that happened near the end was censored with just random bullshit. There was one time that there was just a star over Hao's crotch that wasn't actually anything in the story. Just a random star. But Imma fag so...

But the anime ended before it went to shit. What better do you want?

I dunno, I really liked the shaman who used the ghost of a fucking alien, even if she did only appear in two chapters.

Takei does the craziest shit but somehow makes it work together really well.

She was the cutest.

Wasn't she the only one who didn't die?

Well everyone died in the world died

Its just Yoh and Co had the primal spirits when their ghosts met Hao in the afterlife.

I think hao only killed shamans actually, or maybe just people who were nearby since none of the vol1 characters who weren't ghosts appeared at then end

she was also brought up and even got a chapter cover in flowers too

Probably not :(

Flowers can rot in hell

>we'll never get more grown up Tamao
Good riddance to that trash

Osorezan Revoir is ridiculously overrated
It's a good arc but by no means the best

The end was fine
It fit the series perfectly and I got all nostalgic when they showed (almost?) every character in the series in the end(even remembering those dead students from the early chapters)

Wrong and way to miss the point
It was precisely because of Yoh(and Matamune who played a part in instilling those values in him) that things happened the way they did

The mom thing was just Hao clearing being let free of his biggest regret

And if anything Flowers proved that Yoh convinced Hao to not kill the world since Yoh and Anna died and he still didn't nuke the world...basically Hao was just full of hot air and just had to get one over Yoh after a 1000 years

flowers implied the Hao might not've changed completely with the "He gave Hana a special kind of evil" thing

It's more like Takei got lazy
He skipped Byakko Yoh vs Kurobina Hao too
>tfw an anime adaptation might fill in these gaps

>And I think when they made death stop mattering
That is a fucking belief in Shamanism
Enough with this juvenile bullshit

And on their way to fighting the Patch the whole revival thing was clearly showing how limited the technique was due to how much Furyoku it used so I don't get why people keep complaining about this shit

After finishing Shaman King he did too much crystal meth and turned into a fucking retard

>But the anime ended before it went to shit.
Kill yourself nigger

>He skipped Byakko Yoh vs Kurobina Hao too
he didn't skip it, it just didn't happen, it didn't need to either and well Yoh would've been a match for Hao anyway, the whole point of making Hao so strong was so nobody=y could touch him and the only way to defeat him would be to change his heart

Meh it's a bait and switch

No, it isn't that popular.
I guess it's divided, but the idea with flowers needed more development, as the way it was left the character was maturing. And so far was unlikeable and annoying.
I read it when I was in the dumps and I guess that's part of why I remember it so fondly.

But it was clearly fucking hyped
And plenty of people fought Hao anyways(like Anna...whose fight got mostly skipped REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

Like it could have been just a fight with Hao toying around with him and then telling him to "become stronger"...anything would have been better than the shit we got(or in this case didn't)

Anna hijacking those overpowered guardian spirits was fucking awesome.

The chapter I'm fondest of is...I believe chapter 24
When Yoh lets Tokageroh possess him

That shit was touching as hell and no chapter better defines Yoh's selfless character

>Viz
Reminder that the Viz version of Shaman King...not only is incomplete but it's a piece of censored policitally correct dogshit

Read the scanlations or preferrably read the original japanese version if you know moonrunes via the Kanzenban version

>state Hao is unbeatable multiple times
>survive a space lazer
>has a counter for everything
>can read minds
>can change the element of his fucking god
creature
it would've been the most pointless fight ever, and even gone against the way yoh usually does things

the anna fight was skipped because it would've been boring and one sided too

I don't see how a fight can be hype if one character is so far above the other that it
becomes a meaningless waste of time

I just read through the viz and it isn't that bad at all they changed a few names and got rid of chocloves nigger lips, really the worst change was ponchi's balls becoming nothing calm down, it's still the highest quality scan out there for the majority of the series, MT didn't even get that good until KZB

youtube.com/watch?v=eVNR6SaUiOo

I used to think that way. But as some people have stated, Hao is invincible and basically the plan changed to please not kill us and humans are assholes but they our my assholes and what would your mama say.

And Ponchi mostly started covering up later, anyways.

Mostly.

I still remember The fire spirit eating Shamash, shit was sick.

>and even gone against the way yoh usually does things
Duh
Hao would be the one to provoke it(by attacking either Yoh or someone else)

Like I said
It would be just Hao messing with Yoh for a while

It was just Takei getting lazier and lazier...it didn't show up in only the form of many fights being skipped either. The art got more and more simplistic as time went on

>the anna fight was skipped because it would've been boring and one sided too
Horseshit
Anna was keeping him from doing damage and impressed Hao enough to question her "true form"(to the point where Anna cried out for Yoh to come so she doesn't have to do it)

I think it might have been a subtle indication that Anna is a reincarnation of Hao's mom from Takei

The translation is cringe like most Viz translations

>MT didn't even get that good until KZB
It wasn't just Mankin-Trad
Many scanlation groups did Shaman King...Mankin-Trad came out very late after Manga-Rain dropped it iirc

Again you don't even get what I'm saying
It could have been a fight provoked by Hao just to fuck with Yoh

Like it could have been Hao targeting Manta for shits and giggles and Yoh getting pissed off and then they would have a short fight and Hao would retreat like a badass

but that would't be cool, Yoh would't be able to contend it would nothing more than him getting smacked around with Hao doping a complement every once and awhile

with Anna, Hao admitted he was holding back to not hurt her and by the time Yoh showed up she was almost finished, also Hao's mother's spirit is still around so she can't be his reincarnated mother

and anything not done by those two suck ass the viz translations have issues but they're fine

This is the only series I own every volume of. Man, I remember being so excited to go to the bookstore and grab the newest one. I liked that Hao actually won I just wish it didn't just end like that though

>Chicchee-naa
youtube.com/watch?v=qjFPJQ9tywc

>Lyserg's theme was never released in an official OST
youtube.com/watch?v=2C6hkLLSHEk

FUCKING WHY?

>with Anna, Hao admitted he was holding back to not hurt her
Of course he did(he wasn't using Kurobina) but she still reduced him to considering eating the Hanagumi's souls

>and anything not done by those two suck
Not true
Most of them were acceptable...the only bad ones were those shitty Chinese translations for some of the early chapters in Volume 5 or so

I'd take any of them over Viz's bullshit where they simplify everything for toddlers...that shit is annoying because you often lose info from the original version

Maybe if we had more threads we could meme it back for another anime.

>When Yoh uses Harusame, he summons the ghost of a polite, loyal and refined samurai.

>When Anna uses Harusame, she summons a wild and violent battle-crazy thug.

you now realize all the x-laws were basically running mecha angel spirits

they were low quality garbage, any time i was re-reading SK i would always dread getting to those chapters

If dubs then kek will make Shaman King 2018 Anime a reality

I liked the covers they put out cuz yoh had different outfits. anybody what that religious outfit on the op cover is?

>that art-style
Goddammit what happened to Takei
His art-style used to be so charming...now it's sterile gay shite

so is the great spirit and arguably the nature spirit's as well takei has a thing for mechs
is this butsu zone or the anna one shot? either way i'd like to know where you got it

Genuine question: was the anime actually bad? I remember seeing an episode or two of the 4kids dub when I was younger and it seemed ok,

Well at least here's some HQ scans of those in Batoto(same translation though afaik)...god the scan quality of the original versions were horrific

I wonder how people read those back then
Nowadays you get great quality for manga scanlations...back then people got what they could get
I always wonder how that late 90s/early 2000s online manga landscape felt...in particular when it came to Shaman King

>anna one shot
this one

They were literally Supercars that transformed into Giant Robots

Literally Transformers

Storytime when, could be fun?

>anybody what that religious outfit on the op cover is?
Look at the Cross on the Stick

I was ok but not as good as the manga.

a weekly deadline

but his art is still pretty good, he really shines in mech and weapon design

I assume those were dark times, though maybe people were just happy to get what they could get

thanks user