In a NUTshell (NUT is the apparently new studio responsible for this), this anime has failed. The art is crap...

In a NUTshell (NUT is the apparently new studio responsible for this), this anime has failed. The art is crap, the animation is crap, the screenplay is crap, the sound is crap, and the voice acting is crap. No amount or quality of plot could possibly make up for this.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/151151277/#151185053
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>When the show's from NUT and it's still sucking

>When the show's from NUT and it's still sucking

>not liking blonde Hibiki

>duck lips

>voice acting is crap
YOU TAKE THAT BACK

I think her face is cute but her body design is shit.
also the crazy expressions are shit.

will stalin lead germans to victory?

I gave it a try because I don't follow the LN and anything military tends to draw me in.
But it was shit.
What's the deal with the shoujo-lips?
Also it bothers me way too much how mages are incredible mobile units yet they are just simply soldiers that fly and have magic shields. Let them bomb the fuck out of the enemy, what the fuck are they doing shooting people from close.
Also, it does feel like the author is being edgy for the sake of being edgy. I mean telling god to fuck off and then do it your way sounds fun and all that, but the execution of the ideas is just lame.
So sad. Also, when can we get an /ak/ themed anime without fucking magic? It's just gay and it usually shows how much the author lacks since there are tons of omissions or rethinking of the warfare when magic comes into place.

This is a moe anime like yuru yuri or kiniro mosaic. This is not for you, buddy.

More like NIET am I right

Actually it's more similar to GuP or Strike Witches in demographic I'd say, with added edge for good measure. Please don't compare an iyashikei masterpiece like Kirino Mosaic to this NUTshack-tier production.

Fuck Visha looks hilarious. Even the nips are baffled as to why she look like that.

someone post the two different keyframes, i forgot to save them

>iyashikei masterpiece like Kirino Mosaic

Just checked this piece of paper

It's garbage

The show is ugly as sin, the chronology (relative to the LN) is all over the fucking place, and yet somehow the episode was hype as fuck.

Maybe war setting and good music just do it for me.

Quite a few shows interest me this season. Or have been picked up already because they're mildly interesting and availabe before others. I am definitely not picking this one up though.

LNfags are the most obnoxious people here.

Is this just the latest vapid edgy LN adaptation trash?

I just saw this and goddammit it was too cheesy for me. At first they speak of an empire and I'm thinking "it'll be Germany". Then they show the obvious german-related flag "yep, Germany" and then of course the map of Europe with a grand Germany.
Too edgy. The girl can be as patriotic as she wants, but please stop citing some philosophy about God every 4 sentences. Also, it's too weird to be a loli in a world of normal people.

And I don't see the point of having mages with flying boots but no aircraft or any other type of magic land-based weaponry.

Just tell me how much money Madhouse paid you to shit on them?

Man it must really suck to be so fundamentally opposed to forming a single thought of your own creation.

God forbid a story based on WW1 involve German imperialism.

You know what

I like it

That right there is the true cultured man's AOTS

You guys aren't really making a great case on why the show is shit while posting these nice screenshots. Where are the gifs?

WW1 never happened so the fulkner drive never got invented, that's why there's no planes. And flying mages fill the function of planes anyway.

Can we stop this "let's shit on this anime" meme already?

I know, right?
God forbid that the Imperial German Empire of Wilhelm II be represented as an imperialist nation.

I like it. I hope she keeps being edgy throughout the season.

Basically they seems think these kind of reaction face screenshots are bad while many people likes it.

BUT WHY WERE THE FROGS ACTING LIKE FUCKING KIDS PLAYING PONY AND RIDING THOSE IMPRACTICALLY CLUNKY HORSES?
WHY ARE NONE OF THE MAGES WEARING ANY HELMETS?

I only watched it because you guys were talking about it.

It was awful: the pseudo-historical setting, the character designs, the dialogue, and the action scenes.

But it's shit

It's more that the Japanese obsession with them gets tiring and embarrassing.

That wasn't the intention though. I actually liked the first episode by the end, but it is definitely ugly as fuck pretty often, especially in the non-action parts.

Unrelated but
>dat thousand yard stare in the background

>WWI
cool
>Alternate history WWI
hell yeah
>with magic
Awesome!
>MC is little girl
uhh
>MC is a japanese office worker reincarnated as a little girl
fucking nips, ruin every good thing you have going

Japan is obsessed with the THIRD Reich, not the second.
At the time of imperial germany, Britain was Japan's main friend in europe.

Because the French are retarded. Surprisingly accurate honestly.

I'm pretty sure there's more western trash about war with germans than there are anime about Germans at war.

I've just watched it because a lot of people were talking about it and it was utter shit.
This is going to be third season in a row of watching backlog only I guess. Unless LWA really delivers.

Yeah but that's another kind of obsession and is equally tiring and embarrassing.

>she's a monster!
>that edgy smile at the end

>french are using a vicker's machine gun

Dropped
The french used a hotchkiss.

In that case I'd say your standard is too general to be meaningful.

it's a fun kind of edge though

None of those were in the manga or LN.
Garbage adaptation basically.

It was ruined the moment it was alternate history. What a cancer induced premise that seems to be part of every military themed anime these days, no creativity beyond taking a page off a history book and replacing things with lolis & dragons.

You sure keep trying.

The animation in the first episode was pretty good though. The effects animation in particular were good.

Children are surprisingly incapable of having fun

I mean if you can't stand magic, lolis, and shit randomly appearing in supposedly serious settings- anime is not for you.

Not just anime.

The amount of garbage western pulp I've read about alternate history is fucking distasteful now.

I think we still have a while to go before we can really see if it takes itself too seriously. Since it's a LN I'm pretty confident we'll get the latter.

The main character is voiced by Aoi fucking Yuuki and you think it takes itself too seriously?

I enjoyed it a lot, but it might just be because itsthe shiniest turd this season.

Damn this introduction is as action bait-y as you can get.

I hope you're all ready for WORDS WORDS WORDS and monologues up the ass in the following episodes. And the way they played up EVIL LOLI was too much as well.

So why some LNfags(i said some, not every LNfags) try so hard to shit on this show?

What does that have to do with anything? Aoi was the MC in the show that kicked off the dark and edgy loli genre.

>moe anime
>ugly character design

I mean when there's a flying loli, who's a isekai salaryman, ordering magical artillery strikes onto frenchies sitting in a trench you have to sit back and go
'heh'

As a character that was meant to be pathetic and suffer, not a batshit insane loli who treats war as a day job.

I don't know, so far ep1 hasn't convinced me it's the fun kind.
We'll see.

You don't need to have fun with everything, it's ok to not like things.

Everything I've read here is basically that it does take itself seriously 100%.

It wouldn't be her first psycho little girl character either. If anything it seems like she gets more of those roles than anything else these days.

The first episode exaggerated the mages' combat role. 99% of the time they just fly around and tell their artillery teams where to bomb. The other 1% of the time they're dogfighting other mages.

You "heh" at the summary, but by the time you watch it it's already pretty "meh". That was my experience at least, sadly, because the premise got me hyped.

It's fun

Everytime I see this I fucking shiver in either fear or the cold. Either way I don't like it.

How many of those were serious characters?

Sounds like you need to learn to read.

Is creating 100500 Youjo Senki threads another strategy of LNfag lipfag shitposter?

Man. Nobody is going to be talking about this in a few weeks.

NUT is gonna get busted in the worst way hahah

Are you there shitposthing filth?
Is frustration desuarchive.org/a/thread/151151277/#151185053 out of your system yet?

Most of them? Define a "serious character"

The level of autism suggests that this is probably LRD's show of the season.

Overreactions seem silly. Now that I've seen it's not really bad as it seemed. I'd say it was good even despite the isekai antics.

Aside from the silly iron ponies it was pretty fun.
Oh and Visha. There's actually no way you can defend that design. Jesus fucking christ she looked bad.

>can't even name one
wew

Just admit that you watched maybe one or two shows with her and are talking out your ass.

>still can't even name any

Tanya and Visha facial designs are a bit off, if they'd remove the niggerlips from both of them, it'd be alright, the ahoge Tanya has needs to go.

And the directing of the anime is pretty fucking bad, not to mention skipping everything important to the story.

Also Tanya isn't supposed to show emotions except on the battlefield, when she's doing stuff she has her eyes half-closed in an uninterested expression.

So no mention of GOD giving her the Elinium Type 95 she used which curses and rewires her brain, causing lapses in memory.

Your right I goddamn mad.

It was on purpose.

>still pretending like he knows what he's talking about when he needs someone to name the shows for him

Holy hell that one chick looks like she's from a completely different anime. It's so fucking jarring that every time she shows up my focus on the show disappears.

What the fuck?

>serious character
>I am mature person that only watches serious anime with serious characters
I enjoyed Kuroko, that bitch two of them actually from Danshi Kokousei and Clementine and Clementine is pretty serious.
And you need to jump off the bridge you pseudoelitist faggot.

>my focus on the show
Try adderall, you have ADHD retard.

this girl ruined it

I'm pretty hard on the idea of girls being combat roles.. but the little loli is at least a fucking aggressive devil.. this bitch is all soft and uguu~.. makes me hate the show

I'd say repressed sexuality bear from Yurikuma also counts.

She's a comedy\moebait sidekick relief.
It's plain marketing.
Give it up.

Not when this fucking frog bitch gobbles up nearly a third of the screen time in the first episode you god damn cockmongling troglodyte.

the moment I saw magic was involved I dropped it

>make a gory, violent show
>literally devil faced lolis
>muh, g-gomenasaiii!
Truly, Japs are impossible to understand.

faggot

Who holds a fucking gun to your head?
Kill yourself or go to japan and take it out on the NUTS and fuck off these threads already.

She's Tanya's Seras.

I agree completely, I have no idea what's wrong with her.

Her proportions look like soemthing from that hero academi show, it's jarring as fuck

>make a gory, violent show
They even did that to Berserk, from what log did you crawl under not to see this trend taking hold?

>debunked screenshot response
Definitely LRD.

Well my bet is on that too.
Dem eyes will get all fishy, cold and calculating.
Also half-closed which would make me diamonds.

He's right, though. Her character design is absolutely out of place. The two girls are the only unique looking ones. The loli has sharp, defined edges which goes well with the realistic appearance of the men. The round egg face girl just throws the whole image of the show off.

definitely shit taste in anime
it's shit, get over it