German speakers of Sup Forums, does Hitler have a really unique accent in his speeches...

German speakers of Sup Forums, does Hitler have a really unique accent in his speeches? I've talked to German speakers before, but none sounded anything like him.
The most bizarre thing about his speech is that he emphasizes his r's much more than any German speaker I've ever heard. For example, when he uses the word marschiert, I can actually hear him pronounce both r's, whereas no German speaker I've ever come across would.
This video exemplifies what I'm talking about.
i.4cdn.org/gif/1511659106306.webm

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Did-Hitler-scream-theatrically-outside-of-his-speeches
youtube.com/watch?v=oET1WaG5sFk
gustavothomastheatre.blogspot.mx/2010/07/hitlers-technique-of-saying-political.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tPkulFCW9Ck
i.4cdn.org/gif/1511645498214.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=Eoq60p5hCIw
hooktube.com/watch?v=Eoq60p5hCIw
youtu.be/6_ZH321GrUk
youtu.be/30IXvVBZLgY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ph-CA_tu5KA
youtube.com/watch?v=CUzjwDoqXEg
youtube.com/watch?v=g8i8CuZNgGU
youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Devrient
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's Austrian. Austrians don't speak the same as Germans.

Ask Austrians

I know he's Austrian but do Austrians even pronounce their r's in those positions? I thought pretty much all German speakers were non-rhotic.

quora.com/Did-Hitler-scream-theatrically-outside-of-his-speeches
youtube.com/watch?v=oET1WaG5sFk

He talked like that for emphasis, it's an theatrical technique IIRC

here's a bit more

gustavothomastheatre.blogspot.mx/2010/07/hitlers-technique-of-saying-political.html

germans were highly discouraged and even forbidden from speaking like that during the occupation which is why most germans are very soft spoken now.

it was part of the german pride that they were shamed out of ever feeling again.

>watching hitler speak
i cri evryteim

It's austrian. He speaks really clear, for us up here it's a far more easy dialect to deal with compared to the low land german dialects. Austria has a bunch of ski guys same with them too

He has his way off speaking too ofc though
It's just dialects user

My phone notification sound is him screaming DEUTSCHLAND the first time there, gets me some weird looks

Germans of nowadays are cucks who afraid to prononounce r.
youtube.com/watch?v=tPkulFCW9Ck

>My phone notification sound is him screaming DEUTSCHLAND
Why Americans are so dumb?

I wonder if it’s similar to how actors used to use a “mid Atlantic” dialect that was completely made up. It was a very theater type way of speaking

To me it sounds like an Austrian who's been around Germans a lot, but he does pronounce the Rs more than we would.

this webm gives me chills btw

wait till you see this i.4cdn.org/gif/1511645498214.webm

how bout this

>Did uncle A invent the emo hair flip?

Why do Turks and Israelis habitually post with EU flags?

Yeah, much better to get imprisoned for it.

He doesn't speak any particular accent, really. The rolling r's are an indication of southern German dialect, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eoq60p5hCIw

shill
sage

faggot

>Not available in your country
Thanks, Hitler.

hooktube.com/watch?v=Eoq60p5hCIw
My bad

Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told

youtu.be/6_ZH321GrUk

where is his right hand?

even though i don't agree with him, hitler's german sounds very nice. people make a caricature out of him but he's a great orator

Patting doggo's chest

You're right about the rolled r, but that's not a regional dialect unless I'm missing something. It's an exageration for effect, Rammstein does the same.
There's a recording of Hitler talking to Mannerheim in a normal tone were you can here an Austrian accent.

I recall reading that Till Lindemann caught a bunch of shit because the way he rolls R's is too much like Hitler for Germany's liking.

YOU MAY SAY I'M A DREAMER

My grandfather learned English as a second language (probably born about 1920). The garbage German that I was taught in school was so different from what he spoke that he refused to speak German with me. He spoke very clearly. I never really thought about it - in retrospect, he probably shared a lot of inflection with Hitler. I have been told to modify my R's a certain way when I speak. I am going to start an experiment and just let my pronunciation go fully natural. We'll see what happens.

->youtu.be/30IXvVBZLgY ist besser.

Imagine being there in person

I think this song was them being forced to cuck out over it youtube.com/watch?v=Ph-CA_tu5KA

>Rammstein does the same
Most NDH does, that's a big reason Americans like it
youtube.com/watch?v=CUzjwDoqXEg

I have a sudden urge to create a Fascist unification in Europe after watching this.

This man is a beast, even communist soyboys tremble like the weak fags that they are after watching Hitler ravage their truth-virgin ears with motivational nationalist ear rape.

Can you rattle a few other points of mannerism or dialect auf Deutsch that you consider important?

>Ich rolle das R
Kek

Maybe because he lived 70+ years ago and is from Austria?

That's a very broad question. The way Hitler talks in speeches is almost the opposite of what you hear in the Mannerheim recording, Austrian is very soft and calm.
I don't think the average German speaks softer today than in the '30s, but politicians and news speakers stopped talking that way.

This is what more right leaning Austrian politicians sound like today:
youtube.com/watch?v=g8i8CuZNgGU
Calm in comparison to Hitler, but still harsher than any other politician today speaks, and also using regional dialect.

>this webm gives me chills btw
Ich fucking auch

My question was broad because I was willing to take whatever you could deliver regarding the topic. TY, user.

Truly one of the greatest men ever produced in Europe.

>I have a sudden urge to create a Fascist unification in Europe after watching this.

NMR???

That sounds nothing like my grandfather. I never thought about it - he sounded like Hitler. Would you consider Hitler's presentation to be similar to Shakespeareanism, whereby the syllables are accented to ensure intelligibility without artificial amplification? I recognize that they used amplifiers but the oration sounds like a soapboxer to me.

Do you know what your grandpa or his father did for a living? Because this way of talking was usually learned either in training for a job or from parents in such a job.
The jobs I mean are things like radio host, police and military officer and ofc politian.

Failed at jewelry craftsmanship. His uncle was a success.
Failed at automotive import sales.
Lifelong success as an optometrist.
Lictor at Roman Catholic Church
I do not know what his father did for a living.
Oh, shit. I totally forgot. A niggerfaggot threw a large explosive firework at him when he was five years old. He had total hearing loss in one ear.

Hitler probably had hearing loss after WWI and definitely suffered hearing loss after the Stauffenberg thing.
Could have had impact on his speech too, maybe.

>Could have had impact on his speech too, maybe.
TFW My grandfather spoke with exceedingly clear diction because he was overcompensating for not being able to hear himself speak. Maybe Hitler did it, too. TY for taking the time for this, user. I think that I just learned something about my grandfather that I never would have discovered. Pepe consoled by butterfly.gif

youtube.com/watch?v=ClR9tcpKZec

A lictor? What is that outside of ancient Rome? Non of those explain it, but it sounds like he was upper middle class.
There was a movement in educated circles of the German empire to bring Ordnung to the German language by speaking like you write rather than doing the same as in English(writing like you speak).
They also got rid of a lot of French borrowed words with lasting success.

He was originally from Austria.
Also, people spoke more clearly in the past. British people had weird accents back then so I guess it was the same in Germany

>does Hitler have a really unique accent in his speeches?
no. fairly regular

>lictor
This is a no-shit real thing - at least it was until the late 1980s. Though the priest is tasked with referencing scripture and writing the sermon, he was required to get the sermon to my grandfather by Thursday in order for my grandfather to review the sermon to verify that the contents did not contradict Canon. Technically, he was supposed to use the silly ceremonial rope that he carried to choke the priest if he deviated from Canon during the sermon. I do not remember the Latin base but licorice is a derivative of the original Latin - hence the rope relationship with lictor is verified.
>to bring Ordnung to the German language by speaking like you write
You struck gold. He absolutely did this and he passed it to me. He also spoke using many Deutsch-typisch grammatical patterns that are considered archaic in English but that are still, however, considered grammatically correct. Though I write in common vernacular here, due to the informal setting, I actually worked as a technical document writer for several years. I do not think you can fathom how much I appreciate your input. You have provided an insight that I cannot get here in the US.

I think, upon retrospect of the observations that I have made during this thread, that the difference in his speech is not an accent or dialect but more in his cadence and his presentation.

Before He started his second attempt at a political career (remember, his 1923 coup d'etat failed), one of his senior advisors from the NSDAP initiated contact with the most famous theatrical coaches in Weimar Germany at the time, Pal Devrient. This was top secret at the time: Devrients job was to teach Him precise voice modulation, rhethoric and acting skills. Devrient kept a detailed diary, which his son published some time in the 1950s or 60s I think. It's german title was "My student Adolf Hitler".

Translated from the german Wikipedia article:
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Devrient

Paul Devrient

Edit Edit Source Code History of the translation

discussion

Paul Devrient, actually Walter Stieber, also Paul Stieber-Walter (born November 17, 1890 in Wandsbek, † 1973) was a German opera singer (tenor). He also gained notoriety as a voice teacher and speech teacher Adolf Hitler.

The son of the lawyer Paul Stieber (1856-1944) and younger brother of the composer Hans Stieber studied in Leipzig and Berlin and took singing lessons with Hans Nietan in Dessau and Harry de Garmo in Wiesbaden. Under the names Paul Stieber-Walter and Paul Devrient he was opera and operetta singer from 1915 on the stages in Mainz, Chemnitz, Darmstadt, Hanover and Berlin, Frankfurt / Oder, Liegnitz and Görlitz.

During his studies in 1909 he became a member of the Leipzig University Singing Society St. Pauli.

Since 1943 he lived in Marktl am Inn.

1/2

2/2

Devrient as voice director of Hitler

According to Devrient's 1975 posthumously published diary, Paul Devrient was to remedy the situation after Hitler was diagnosed with impending vocal cord paralysis as a result of overexertion. For a fee, Devrient accompanied Hitler from April to November 1932 on his propaganda tours across Germany. Devrient not only trained Hitler's voice and speech technique, but also improved his presence as a political speaker in front of a large audience through drama and rhetoric lessons. In order not to undermine Hitler's credibility or even publicly reveal him to the mockery of his opponents, Devrient had to work under the greatest secrecy. Exact details were known only after his death when his diary in the hands of his son Hans Stieber (* 1917) went over. He left the records to Werner Maser, who finally published them in 1975.

Jens Dobler suspects that this diary and the whole Devrient Hitler legend could be an invention of Hans Stieber, whom he also considers the alleged author of the fake memoirs of his great-grandfather Wilhelm Stieber, published in 1978.

Devrient's cooperation with Hitler provided material for several plays and films. A first parody provided Bertolt Brecht with the play The Resistive Rise of Arturo Ui (1941). George Tabori made in the farce Mein Kampf (1987) from the instructor a Jew who becomes the first victim of his student. In the movie comedy Mein Führer - The Real Truth about Adolf Hitler (2006), the director and author Dani Levy teaches the German dictator about a Jewish concentration camp prisoner.

>Technically, he was supposed to use the silly ceremonial rope that he carried to choke the priest if he deviated from Canon during the sermon
This needs to be brought back.
>He also spoke using many Deutsch-typisch grammatical patterns that are considered archaic.
Did he sometimes ignore the usual emission of letters i.e. do not instead of don't?
I do that a lot when I speak English, even though I don't in German. When I say 'marschiert' it can come out as 'maschiat' due to a slight Bavarian influence.

Hitlers accent was unique even in Germany.
This had little to nothing to do with the standard Austrian accent however.
This has multiple reasons:
1. He had his throat damaged in the war
2. He practiced being an orator which included being able to talk to a room full of (noisy) people without amplification. This necessitates a change in voice.
3. His voice was a bit weird from the start

>Did he sometimes ignore the usual emission of letters i.e. do not instead of don't?
Yes, friend, he did.
>I do that a lot
I am going to practice speaking Deutsch in a slower, more metered fashion. I am curious to see how it will be received by normies.

Solid gold, user.

I do not remember a thread that was more fundamentally educational than this one. I have heard countless people comment about his presentation but I have never seen so solid an array of well-grounded speculation regarding the topic.