Why do moeshit emit the sound "chiiiiiiiii" when they stare at someone/something? Are they clinically retarded?

Why do moeshit emit the sound "chiiiiiiiii" when they stare at someone/something? Are they clinically retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SayingSoundEffectsOutLoud
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's jiiiiiii, not chiiiiii.

I believe it's jiii

I'd start watching anime more frequently if it wasn't for the retarded way the characters usually talk.

...and?

Because that's the sound that eyes make when they are working at full power.
Are your ears so bad that you can't hear it or are your eyes so bad that they can't get their RPM up?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SayingSoundEffectsOutLoud

>normalfag OP while watching his 1st animu

>staring at something is audible

We've been getting a lot of newfags watching baby's first animu lately.

It's an onomatopoeia, a word that substitutes a sound. While most cultures have onomatopoeia for sounds like a dogs bark (woof/wan), a cats caterwaul (meow/nyaa), or a heartbeat (lub-dub/be-bump/doki-doki). Japanese have onomatopoeia for silent actions. Jii is the "sound" of a stare.

>be-bump
Meant ba-bump

comes from "jiro jiro" (stare)

And it's you who's retarded

Read, it's in there.

I know what an onomatopoeia means. So the word "jii" means "stare" in English? It's clear now, took you fucks long enough.

See:

In Japanese, everything is audible.
Ijiiji is the sound of hesitating
Sorosoro is the sound of it being about time to do something

>So the word "jii" means "stare" in English?
Not at all

It's litterally the cutest thing ever and you are a faggot for disliking it.

this

why do idiots emit terrible fucking threads when they encounter cultural peculiarities and have barely any experience watching anime? are they clinically retarded? do they actually believe they seem intelligent when they call a fictional character clinically retarded?

>I know what an onomatopoeia means. So the word "jii" means "stare" in English? It's clear now, took you fucks long enough.

You clearly don't know what onomatopoeia is. You are clearly clinically retarded.

I think it rather comes from "Jitto miru".

this+1

>Sorosoro is the sound of it being about time to do something
>Souh Slowuh

Makes sense

this is 100% the correct etymology

Back to

idk

Using verbs as onomatopoeia is common in manga for a couple of reasons.
First, they can evoke sounds without actually trying to create nonsense words that emulate the sound (like BLAM, SNIKT, WHAP, onomatopoeia in western comics)
Secondly, they can convey action that may not be easily communicated in a single panel. What's the difference between a character with their eyes open between blinks and a stare? How do you represent that without multiple panels displaying the state of their eyes? Use a sound-effect verb.
Anime directors often make this verb visible as characters in anime, or simply voice the word and use it as audio since that option is now available in the medium.

>implying japanese people do this shit IRL

Saying the sound out loud is autistic. They only do it in anime to convey the sound effect you'd see in a manga.

Anime are made for japanese children/teenagers. In Japan you still learn the language at that age, which is why so many anime have dialogue that is slow and simple compared to how normal japanese person speak. And also stupid sounds like that.

Butthurt moefag

But they do. Not every word/onomatopoeia of course but they're still very commonly used as adjectives or even verbs when it's appropriate. It's only weird because you're having a hard time bridging this cultural peculiarity and identifying it as babyish.

>Not every word/onomatopoeia of course

Literally strawmanning by assuming I'm talking about some other undefined onomatopoeia where you'd be correct.

>used as adjectives or even verbs when it's appropriate
Other languages do that as well, especially in very informal speech. That's not as autistic as what you see in anime.

>chiiii
found the esl newfagg shitter
more cancer on Sup Forums just what we need

>Anime are made for japanese children/teenagers
Is that why its starts airing at 1AM?

Stop watching moeshit, problem solved.

not an arguement

Yes that's one hour before the children leave for school

>hurr durr ESL
Fuck off dumb Amerifat

If you can't speak proper English you shouldn't be posting

And? Just because you cannot speak foreign language doesn't mean everyone should know your stupid language perfectly you arrogant cunt

Americans are truly tthe biggest scum of this site.

ok