The great debate

The great debate.

hxh is not cliched as op, much more mature orientated. op has amazing world building and... that is it, even the whole mystery surrounding D and shit is pretty stupid ( obviously Oda is postponing the reveal of the Devil Fruit/Vegapunk and the moon people because it will ruin everything )

Jojo is better than both

the real question is, which will finish first?

>much more mature orientated

NO

based on oda saying it was halfway done somewhere in the 600s we can expect an end around 1200 to 1300
I only ever got about 40 chapters into HxH and I'm fully caught up on One Piece
nothing in particular I didn't like about HxH
One Piece I've been reading since I was young though

It's more likely that Oda finishes One Piece before HxH is off hiatus.

I prefer HxH
but most people more like One piece

Most people wouldn't like Jojo until Part 3

Idk i hate Long anime shows

hxh > op >>>> OP

I agree, it only works if you read it

>one author cares about his series
>the other one doesnt

which one will i care about i wonder

>HiatusXHiatus VS the greatest manga series of all time
What debate?

One's a piece of mediocre shounen that's really inconsistent (in theme, character motivation, setting, even release date), but has some originality going for it.
The other's an existentialist masterpiece about pirates, that at best gets a bit cliche and overly sentimental at times. No contest.

>that's really inconsistent (in theme, character motivation, setting, even release date)
you forgot art

Different themes and settings =/= inconsistent dumbfuck

That is fixed in the volumes.

Is it bad I like P1/P2 and got sick of the stupid stand bullshit?

It literally seemed like a reason to add more FABULOUS characters in a series that is 99% FABULOUS.

Boku no hero academia is way better than those 2. Ger in the new age old timer.

i love hxh and could never get into OP.

however i'm sick of togashi's bullshit so i don't consider it my favorite manga anymore.

one piece has a level of pathos that no other shonen has except for bnh maybe. at the end of the day, hxh is just another battle shonen manga that had one great arc (yorkshin) and its readers are just hoping it reaches to that level again (it wont)

>that had one great arc (yorkshin)
It's your opinion user
Many will say it was Kimera Ants

It's highly likely that Togashi will die before he finishes HxH. And it's even more likely that OP will finish before the hiatus even ends.

I honestly think Togashi's trying to beat some hiatus record with Muira.

One piece is as bland as shonen comes, at least bleach had fabulous clothes

I like both × so what?

HxH appeals to my autism on another level. I fucking loved the Hunter Exams, Yorkshin, Greed Island and Chimera Ants. The level of thought, detail and imagination that was put in it and the way things unfolded was great.

One Piece is definitely the grander adventure with a huge cast and interconnected world. It's got a formula that works really well but i can't help but feel some parts are stretched way too thin. This along with the nakama stuff can get somewhat grating for me bit its good shit none-the-less.

If One Piece ever finished with a good final arc/ending then it will no doubt be heralded as the greatest battle shounen for a long while.

Personally, I prefer Hunter x Hunter though I doubt it will ever get completed at this rate.

There is no debate, HxH is trash.

nice jojo reference friend

One Piece does different themes and settings but has overarching themes as well.
HxH shifts jarringly in tone.

I used to really like One Piece but somehow got bored of it after a while, which never happened with HxH.
Honestly though YYH was better than both.

I love Hisoka.

OP stopped being good with the timeskip, HxH just stopped many times.

I personally prefer HxH, the characters feel more genuine and the stories more interesting and fitting, the world is also arguably better built, sometimes Togashi drops the ball and completely ruins the momentum he builds and his inconsistency in terms of release is irritating.
OP has the advantage of being huge, the setting is enormous and Oda has quite a lot of talent for spicing things up with new aesthetic themes, but his stories are always the same and that frankly bores me to tears, the recent Sanji arc has been a bit better than average, but again, Oda has been largely recycling himself since Alabasta in terms of plot, the timeskip also made everything worse, it's lighthearted fun while Togashi occasionally has some more interesting themes with some food for thought, but the audience is completely different anyway.
Overall, I'd say HxH>OP.

>OP stopped being good with the timeskip
epic meme. Whole cake island is amazing so far

One Piece turned to shit whereas HxH is safe because it doesn't go on. So HxH.

Amazing is a big word, but yeah, that's just what I said, everything before it but the small Zo arc and Senor vs Franky was meh.

one piece is consistency
oda is hard working and his world building is great
you get what you expect out of one piece
it will go down as the greatest shonen ever no doubt until it gets dethroned by another series of equal/better length, quality and popularity

HxH is victim of being the manga of the guy that made yuyu and was worked to death because of it, so it will never see it's true ending, only a rushed one or no ending at all (which I doubt)

even if you like HxH better, there's just no comparison between them

t. dressrosa baby

Really good point

I feel like HxH Chimera Ant arc is top tier, but One Piece has a lot more arcs that are just below that tier. Plus One Pieces current arc is pretty good. Anyway I think One Piece has a lot more good characters (not necessarily better but there's more of them) and the power sets and world in One Piece are better too, no matter what nothing will beat the magu magu no mi in my eyes.

It was a way to get past the retarded power creep that was happening in the first 2 parts.

>One Piece
>Consistency

You mean the series that started as a light hearted Adventure and now Is another Power-Level battle manga that keeps recycling the same themes every arc after the time skip?

The one that doesn't need two-year hiatuses just to be decent.

Any actual great debate would involve things that aren't battle shounen.

Eiichiro Oda is literally Ayn Rand.

One Piece started out great, but is merely okay now. It's had to anchor the sales for Jump so it's not surprising the series mutated into an undying monster like it is. Jump would bankrupt without OP, and the loss of Bleach/Naruto have almost been lethal for it.

HxH has been consistently fun and interesting, but Togashi is a lazy hack.

>started as a light hearted Adventure and now Is another Power-Level battle manga

mihawk destroying zoro and setting the powercreep bar happened at the start of the series so you argument is invalid

>literally

I agree that Dressrosa wasn't so great
I stopped reading for a while and picked it back up when the arc was done
this arc has been great though
it will get even better from here when Caesar joins the crew

There's a difference between "i beat you because of being a better swordman" or by combining water and blood than "MY HAKI IS STRONGER THAN YOURS" or "LET ME USE GEAR X1029382929"

All of the "school-based" shounen are inferior to all "non-school-based" shounen, this is a fact.

HxH was good right from the very beginning in the Hunter Exam arc. One Piece had to take 50 episodes into the Arlong Arc just to get decent, and 150 episodes to get to the Alabasta arc just to get as good. No contest.

Overall Hunter is better. It doesn't have any bad unforgivably bad arcs like Dressrosa and Fish Island.

Hunter x Hunter appeals to me more for some reason. If you were to explain both series to me in detail without me seeing the mangas or anime, i would have surely said that One Piece sounds better, but there's just something about HxH's characters and it's level of detail in each character's persona.
If Togashi had Oda's work ethics, i am sure that Hunter x Hunter would have a following even larger than that of One Piece.

>OP
>repetitive and formulaic

>HxH
>varied and unpredictable

I could go into a lot more depth about their pros and cons but this is my own personal reason for preferring HxH over OP. I had to drop it after Dressarosa, I can't read another predictable arc following the same pattern as always. Oda clearly has an 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' attitude, I think he needs to step out of his comfort zone. But even if he did, the vast majority of the story is the same shit over and over so it's already boring overall. Meanwhile HxH constantly surprised me from the start, in a good way, and even now I could never guess the way things are gonna go.

>MY HAKI IS STRONGER THAN YOURS

but haki means willpower, and in real life people with low willpower perish while a high willpower makes you succesfull so at least makes sense in that form.

anyways it was needed to deal with logia powers and was foreshadowed since garp, some may argue that since zoro vs Mr.1.

also the my haki is stronger than yours only happened once in 850 chapters give me a break.

in case of gears the 3 of them at least make sense and are not a magic demon power up.

the arcs after dressrosa are pretty good with great twists desu

The great debate about what? Both are shit, wasted and both authors laughs at the reader.

I'm not discounting that someone might find it jarring but HxH is written to be a different experience each arc. It's been a card battle series and political drama all in one show. Shifting the tone is by design.

jojo is literally the dumbest bullshit ever made

to think some people actually believe that.

Nice b8

Well I am oddly addicted to the hunterxhunter 2011 opening. I keep listening to it all the time.

Meruem's such an asshole
>oh btw Komugi just thought I'd let you know in the middle of this game that I'm dying of radiation poisoning and it's contagious so you'll die too hope you're ok with that

what is bnh?

Boku no Hero Academia

HxH is plagued by the laziness of its own creator. It is filled with interesting concepts and I find Chimera Ant to be among the best arcs among all shonen series, plus it handles some things in a more 'adult' and original way than OP does. On the other hand, while the world building is very promising and could possibly be amazing we all know Togashi is NEVER going to deliver on it. He had some very poor ideas to write himself out of corners (Killua's brother) and we can already assume with almost surgical precision that it'll take us beyond forever to even reach the Dark Continent. Just think about the ship arc we're in and about how much shit is supposed to happen at once... The fight among the princes, the ryodan, hisoka hunting the ryodan, kurapika's shenanigans, netero trying to screw them over, and fuck knows how many things I'm forgetting.

OP has a different approach to the formula, it's definitely more childish (even though it has its moments) and its strong point lies in Oda's ability to worldbuild and to keep adding interesting things and mysteries on top of an already gigantic opera. It did take a while for the manga to become interesting though, and it suffers from arcs feeling way too repetitive, a general mishandling of pacing (Dressrosa was a major offender to that, fucking christ) and the same old nakama bullshit we're all tired of (regardless it's not nearly as bad as FT). That being said, Oda almost works himself to death so we know that no matter the outcome we'll still get something out of it (unless he dies first) and it's likely he'll be able to deliver on most of the hype he built.

I think hxh COULD be better but >togashi, so I'll have to go with one piece

> both authors laughs at the reader.

One Piece is more consistent in tone in quality, also releasing on time.

They both have pretty strong world building though I find One Piece to be more creative in general.

One Piece = Final Fantasy
Hunter x Hunter = SaGa

As one series gets off the boat, another series gets on it.

Komugi's entire life basically revolved around Meurem at that point, so I doubt she cared very much

The entire Komugi x Meurem subplot is melodramatic tripe, so who cares, anyway

Cancer

>Quoting with a shitty HxH pic

look the length of both and how the story is told, this is about setting

Come on man, Haki Is like Ki or reiatsu, if yours Is stronger you win.

And gears are power scaling , like any other battle shonen series .

this is something i really would like to know. mantra probably was a beta idea of haki, he probably didn't had the idea of the other two types at the time, but when he thought about it, did he think of using it on future arcs? also, i don't think he had the idea of haki since the beginning of the series, besides being said that shanks used it against the sea king

What does the world need to show for you to feel like it delivered? HxH never struck me as a story that cared about the setting as much as the characters.

Honest opinion. One Piece.

I like both, HxH has some really great arcs and excellent writing. Togashi is very creative with how he uses characters abilities in a battle shounen. One Piece for me is just a ton of fun to read. The characters are relatable (well maybe not Luffy), the comedy is pretty good and the sense of adventure is strong. Skypiea is handsdown my favorite shonen arc ever.

One piece because i dont have to wait a fucking year for it to advance

I felt the same way until he introduced the Dark Continent and what it implies for the bigger picture. It basically told us 'hey, you thought what happened until now was hot shit? think better you stupid fucker, it's nothing compared to what the real actual world is like at the border of the giant lake you're actually confined to'. You tell me how togashi would be able to deliver on something as major as that considering the situation this manga is in.

Honest to christ, I would feel satisfied enough if we were even able to get a GOOD arc that takes place in dark continent for how things are going. Any bet on when that's going to happen?

>Power-Level battle manga

explain...

One Piece is anything if not consistent. If you are talking about Haki, that had been hinted at since Croco vs Luffy fight and encountered in Skypiea. The strength of Haki and variances has been expanded on but it's not at completely unreasonable levels of difference from the original concept.

The only powerlevelfagging in one piece is the bounties and that has never been a solid indication of the power of a character (Nico Robin).

There are many criticism that can be thrown at OP but I don't really see inconsistency being one of them.

there's no debate, op has sold equivalent of 4.5 million for each volume (360M total) whereas HxH hasn't reached half of it 2 million / volume, (66M total)
at least regarding sales there's no debate

for the content, i would personally prefer op, vecause some arc were truely immersive. HxH has more tense and mature scenes -- or so it wants to appear. But in the end HxH might have greater fights, op has better setting and characters and everything else.

Holy shit, really?

You're arguing with 2-3 anons and you keep on denial

Dressrossa is full of inconsistencies and power levels, unless you're Luffy/Zoro/Law you're pretty much useless and irrelevant.

After the time skip, strategy doesn't matter, it all relies on Haki, your rank and GEAR.

Why are OPfags with so much denial?

>debate.

you wish wan piss fag

Yeah, this joke has never been made before. How original!

Yes.

>After the time skip, strategy doesn't matter, it all relies on Haki, your rank and GEAR.

someone hasnt read zou nor whole cake island lmao

the minks in zou pulled a day/nigth shift strategy to deal with a tanky as fuck opponent (Jack) to tire him, said character got tired and used a poison gas weapon, made by a character who works for the boss of Jack so it makes sense that he had said gas, to defeat the minks all at once. This lasted 5 consecutive days.

in whole cake luffy had to team up with nami and use a hit and run strategy for 11 hours to be able to defeat a big mom´s commander.

so yeah, luffy didnt pulled a gear 5 for the new villain.

kill yourself dressrosa baby

Toriko is objectively better than both

Dressrosa was shit.
One Piece went to shit during thriller bark.
That was when I first dropped the manga for the first time until it was done with that shitshow, I was close during skypiea.
Summit arc completely redeemed it though.
Everything after timeskip was pure dogshit up until now.
Sanji arc is at least entertaining again, which one piece wasn't in nearly 7 years.

>series that looks like a chinese bootleg of dragon ball z
>better than anything
lol

>He uses the mink as counterargument

Yeah, and The fat kaioshin that was Weaker than Buu sealed him, do that means DB doesn't have power levels?

Seriously, why are OPfags on denial? Admit it, your favorite manga has dropped its quality

>liking shitty character designs

HxH is the obvious choice

Before the time skip I probably would have actually had to debate this. But ever since the time skip Oda has lost something in his writing (I've heard for different reasons) and now OP is something I read because I'm still interested and hope it can get better, but I've lost a lot of the passion I had for it. How do you go from writing arcs like Alabasta, Skypea, CP9, Impel Down, and Maniford, to writing such comparatively boring stuff like Vegapunk Island, Fishman Island, and most recently Dressrosa. Totland is keeping my attention but part of that is because recently I've been theorycrafting with a coworker about that arc in particular, and OP in general, something I never did before and it's kind of fun to try and put the pieces together regarding the OP canon. But it's also made me nore aware of the problems I have with the series.

Togashi has created a story that sticks in my mind. Nen is a vastly more interesting and better executed power set to Devil Fruits/Haki/Martial skills/Gadgets/etc in OP. And the best part is that he established the rules early on and then kept things consistent with how they worked (inb4 MUH asspulls). Oda was consistent before he introduced Haki and then he almost immediately succumbed to power creep in a bad way. Oda has also lost the ability to make satisfying final fights in an arc. Even people as early as Don Kreig and Captain Kuro were really memorable, Caesar and Doflamingo are incredibly forgettable fight and Hody Jones was a fucking jobber.

OP's art is nice, but I've never held that it's really the best. And despite the dips in quality at times (which gets fixed in the tanks) HxH is a much more well drawn and layed out comic.

Probably the only thing OP still beats out HxH on is cast size and variety of locations.But even then I think that Togashi writes deeper characters.

I'll still read both but now OP feels like an obligation. and HxH is on a boat.
I miss Toriko already

All I know is that I want to fuck Pitou.
Really really badly

One Piece = Pokemon = Apples
Hunter x Hunter = Digimon = Oranges

>going to One Piece thread
>going to HxH thread
>going to battle shounen thread
>complaining about cancer

im surprised no one brougth muh deconstruciton of the shonen genre yet

This guy gets it, though Thriller Bark is probably my favorite since I like spooky stuff.

They'e both fun and enjoyable.

So do I user, so do I.

It's not like One Piece and HxH have a original story and refreshing concepts, Oda steals some elements from Full ahead Coco and Togashi steals some Dragon Quest elements too.