Why don't we get more art house anime like Flip Flappers?

Why don't we get more art house anime like Flip Flappers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOgILJcJ-0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait for the sales numbers, then you'll get your answer.

The other thread just archived, which is a good thing. Let go.

If there were more such shows they would be mainstream. Not being mainstream is the point of art house.

Because that shit doesn't sell

>Cockona

But it's hard to let go, user.

BD quality cockona?

Because you lesbians are disgusting and you endanger society.

I'm glad this shit flopped.

>Cockona

Art house more like fart louse, because let's be real here this show wasn't very good.

>posting on the internet
>real

Now that's disturbing.

Because dumbdumbs and autists can't stand being kept in the dark about shit that's either irrelevant or not immediately necessary to convey. The Jap viewers hated it at first because of this.

Maybe that's why isekai is so popular. Japs are retarded.

"Durr he died then he didn't died now he in a game hahah boobies"

Anime was a mistake

Rip in piece
One of the best seasons of anime without gayshit on ice
But its all over now

Has anyone noticed any BD corrections? Not like the first two episodes needed any, but still.

They needed at least one correction.

Yeah, giving Papika an ass.

Why's Cocona so sleepy?

Sakuga/visual direction guy here. This is the ideal order of watching Flip Flappers: episode 1, 2nd half of episode 2, episode 3, episode 5, episode 6, the rest of animation highlights on the booru, the background shots on twitter.

Proportions are a bit weird, but I bet this frame appears for only a split second.

Art house is gay french shit and their country is now full of muslim niggers. That's why.

It was a truly thought-provoking anime.

Her ring is on the wrong leg for entire cut.

So that you would appreciate them more when they come out.

Best episode.

Episode 8 as a whole was very deep and full of symbolic imagery.

True, I didn't remember this one.

Because they don't sell then they crash and burn like flip flappers did

But Flip Flappers didn't.

I live in a world where Space Dandy, Aku no Hana, Ping Pong, Flip Flappers and Mawaru Penguindrum sell 50k. Don't know what you guys are on.

Is Dimension W as good as flipflap

I want to see another show directed like this with a vivid color palette

Planet reality, pic related.

Though Flip Flappers did well considering it's an original with barely any marketing and 3Hz was completely paid and wasn't relying on the BDs anyway.

Not one bit.

It's not nearly as good as Flip Flappers. I enjoyed it right until they got to the island. You'll enjoy it, too, if you like robutt.

What's wrong with Space Dandy?

Dimension W was only good for robutt.

>Flip Flappers did well
Are numbers out yet?

And bat loli. I didn't even like the OP.

Not even Phantom World of our generation.

What are you trying to imply?

Watch Sorameso instead. Very few people watched it when it aired, but it was Studio 3hz's first show and you could already see how this studio will become one of the greats.

It wasn't "art house", it was a silly monster-of-the-week equivalent show and had an art style that was like a mix between Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara and Stella no Mahou, two by-the-numbers shows from last season that got nowhere near the cult following this shit did. Stop putting FliFlap on a pedestal, it was filled with as many tropes and cliches as any other series, nothing was art house about it.

inb4 the fanboys go nuts over this fine quality "sakuga"

Flip Flappers was a mistake.

Damn every episode of the BD has commentary on it but its never going to be translated.

A love Fucking misunderstandings and horseshit: the anime.

FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP
tooi koe o
FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP
tojikometa

>KEK ONNA

What did they mean by this?

Is the commentary included in the rips? I definitely can't afford to buy every single BD (before people rag on me, I pre-ordered the OST and might buy the Yayaka episodes), I'd be down for translating some of the key parts of the commentary.

Is it as gay as Flip Flap?

Flip Flap isn't gay. Cocona and Papika are friends.

Many if not most raws providers on nyaa put secondaries audio tracks.

The commentary is on the BDMV currently on nyaa.

It is, yes.

If you can translate the whole thing I will legit pay you for it.

>art house

So, is Soredemo as not-gay as Flip Flap?

Yes, and pic related is how friends usually look at one another.

It's just adolescence.

It's just a phase. It'll pass in a few decades.

But one of them is like 33.

>adolescence
I hate that word.

I know they're lesbians, but I'm sure they'll move past the shy hand-holding stage must faster than that, user.

Not until someone finds a birth certificate.
Being a lesbian genetic experiment has its perks.

Oh yeah, that stage was over as soon as ep 13 ended.

You hate it because it's true. Once Cocona goes through school and gets a job she'll find a handsome man to marry just like her mother did, and Papika will be watching from the sideline.

If you want more buy their BD

>she'll find a handsome man
No one wants to marry Yayaka.

I'm a bit mad your pic related never happened over the course of the series.

Papika may be handsome, but she's not a man.

Madoka loves Homura romantically and sexually as a fellow lesbian. Rebellion ended as a "happily ever after" for them.

>just like her mother did
Oh yeah, that worked out so well.

You just know Papikana was rocking Mimi's world on the side. Mimi was just one of those damaged lesbos that still goes back to dick now and again and she got what she deserved for it.

>implying
Papika was totally fucking Salt. Do you really think she only broke into his room twice?

Please stop posting, Salt.

>salt begs yayaka to save his former fuck buddy
>doesn't even care if his wife and daughter are saved

Kossori socchi o nozoitara,
socchi mo kocchi o nozoiteta.
Hitomi no oku ochiteiku,
koko wa doko nanoka naa?

Sotto te o tsunaidara,
tottemo yawarakakatta.
Onnaji you ni kanjiteiru to,
naze ka wakarunda...

Nothing wrong would have happened if they didn't fuck up Salt's father DPI.
Also Cocona wouldn't exist if Mimi didn't go for the D.

Salt was using ELPIS as well as his father. It was Salt's decision not to accept switching with his another side. It means that Salt's dad fucked up himself without any help

>Papika will be watching from the sideline
You know very well that Cocona will have a daughter and Papika will simply repeat the loop with her.

Its likely Salt's dad had an experience more like Iro's. He didn't choose to switch with himself, Papika and Mimi chose for him.

Either way, it was dumb for Salt to blame his friend's for what happened. His dad is the one who took the risk.

How would you describe this anime to the uninitiated?

"Girls flip their flaps"

This girl gave me a slight tentacle fetish.

"Animating is easier than writing".

Flip Flappers isn't art house. If it was art house only few people on Sup Forums would know it exists.

sadly

It's literally what Miyazaki would make, if he were born in the 70's or later.

In what fucking world do you figure?

It's hard to write well if you don't have a talent for it because the more shit you write, the harder it becomes to tell the difference. You can't really see "improvement" in writing the way you can with drawing.

Because I'm BAD!
Bad Bad
Really Really Bad!
youtube.com/watch?v=WOgILJcJ-0o

The thing is that writing the plot for an animation and writing an actual story are two entirely different creatures. Yes, there's a level of skill needed to craft natural dialogue, but that is something that you just need to go outside to understand.
The places where a writer's talent show are places that are handled by the animators themselves, and it's probably harder to tell if your audience is going to like one way of animating something over another. "Do I want these crystals to explode out of the ground, grow naturally layer by layer? Should I scrap the idea altogether for something that'll be closer to the effect I want?"

Now, if your complaint is about FliFla's plot, keep in mind that this is just on the above average end of anime writing....and the audience still had trouble following.

this gave me cancer user

That's not a good thing.