Search through anime descriptions to find something that might interest me

>Search through anime descriptions to find something that might interest me
>Found one
>Anime looks like this
Unbearable. And that from someone who could endure Berserk 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShbWaW3c-AQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>He missed all the threads

They were hopefully hatethreads

Trainwreck threads. I mean, it was... interesting.

Anyone remember this bus crash?

Is the manga at least good?

The rotoscoping looks like dogshit but really fits the theming and the story. Intro is top tier though: youtube.com/watch?v=ShbWaW3c-AQ

I'd recommend reading the manga, then maybe watching the anime.

Just noticed you said is the manga good not is the anime good.

Yes, the manga is fantastic

Flowers of Evil is trash. Read Onani Master Kurosawa, it's a hundred times better

>Make anime without supernatural elements
>Try to make it look more like real life and ruining it completely in the process
Just make a fucking series with real actors at this point.

The manga is average but the anime is really good. Plebs can't appreciate Nagahama's brilliant direction.

I take it that this series isn't for me if I didn't like OMK then (thought it had an interesting initial premise but with a shit cast, with all the MC's troubles melting away way too fucking quickly/easily for it to be believable)

Pretty much this. Fapnote looks better too.

Or you can just read both

I haven't posted this in ages.

It's the best anime of the last 10 years. You fucked up.

direction is a fucking masterpiese along with the soundtrack and atmosphere but the story is trash and it looks like potato

season 2 fucking never despite the tease

No clue how people recommend that story. Can't stand the MC at just the second chapter

whats the appeal of this artstyle?

There is none

It's apparently cheaper to hire some fags, videotape them poorly acting out manga scenes, and then tracing over the frames than it is to properly animate. The director thought he was a genius and I'm really glad this style never took off.

Sorry, newfag to this board and manga in general here.
I recognize Punpun, but what's that comic to the lower right?

Resentiment, or something like that.
It`s what a future Sup Forumsnon would be like if he didn`t take his studies seriously and wasted his time here instead.

Ressentiment

Thanks for the forewarning

>spoonfeeding

That same director did the entirety of Mushishi and DMC flawlessly. I think he's proficient enough to experiment stylistically. Could the classroom scene in episode 7 have been done as well with conventional methods? The uneasy atmosphere of episode 10?

He really should have used shading for more scenes, though. It makes the style really pop.

The anime just feels like I'm watching a live action series some 8 yo put filters and effects on with adobe premiere

I think if it was shaded like this it would've looked really nice actually. Such a shame.

People see the worst parts of themselves in him and because he grows as a person by the end it gives people hope that they can grow up too and get a qt tsundere gf.

Thought people that generally liked aku no Hana liked punpun

the manga is a million times better

this anime proves that direction > writing
when you think about it the events and actions of the characters are a bunch of dumb shit piled on top of itself, the manga is bad because of this

the show turns that crap into actual art purely with directing

It was comedy gold.

He starts off really fucking bad but the development he gets it's fantastic, keep reading, user

The manga is god tier, the anime on the other hand is crap.

It definitely starts off slow. Gets incredible down the line and stays good from then on.

Honestly, I love the fact that it tends to be a bit ugly.

The story and atmosphere just don't lend themselves to standard bug eye cutesy animu bullshit. The characters look and feel like actual human beings and the visuals really suit. They aren't anime characters -- they're just average Japanese people. Honestly, in a way, this show could've just been done as a live action drama rather than with the rotoscope.

Also, people in Aku no Hana threads love to post the images where background characters are faceless or something goes "off" for a frame or two but they never post any of the beautifully animated segments. In that regard, it's the same as any other anime in terms of "quality".

The classroom destruction scene is still my favorite scene from any anime and makes my chest clench, but I don't want to post it removed from context. It deserves to be watched in context.

Here's another great bit of animation, arguably because of the rotoscoping. It's a style that looks great in motion, and I think it would have been a mistake to go with a more traditional look when this was an option.

Whoops.

>rotoscope
>animation

Holy shit, people are still butthurt about show?
Only the manga pedos complain about this show because the girls don't look like lolis like in the manga.

>judging a book by it's cover
>judging it for it's shitty resume in the back cover

Just because every frame is traced doesn't mean it's not animation. There's still work that goes into the drawing of each frame.

Try harder next time.

Nah, I have to at least partially agree.

I always privately assumed part of the reason people didn't like the visual style of the show was that the girls looked too human/3D and therefore not fappable enough.

>too human
That's the uncanny valley for you.

When a good quarter of the threads around here are about nothing but attractive girls, I think Aku no Hana is the medicine we need.

So I know this anime is ugly as hell, But did anyone else kind of enjoy it?

Indeed, beauty is a nice thing because it contrast the ugly nature of normal things, shit like AnH makes people realize how beautiful beautiful things are.

Yep.

I love Kasuga/Nakamura's strange relationship.

>People that dislike the art

It's uncanny as fuck, super unsettling and bizarre. It fits the series. You CANNOT adapt manga with oustanding visuals. Look at Tsugumomo, amazing art, anime looks like some 2004 KEY shit. Actually, worse than that.

The first 3 or 4 episodes of AnH are bad, they are badly paced, boring, and do not fit the tone of the series. Development is too slow.

The later episodes are god tier, and it has by far the best OST of any anime. Direction was fucking godly.

>But did anyone else kind of enjoy it?
Of course, it's on my re-watch backlog.

>The story and atmosphere just don't lend themselves to standard bug eye cutesy animu bullshit
So you think the manga artstyle didn't fit, is that what you're saying? Because I think it worked plenty well.

Might as well have been a live action show. What a disaster.

As much as I loved the OST, I thought one of the best bits of sound direction was actually episode ten, where the entire episode passed with only the rain for background noise, right up until the ED played. It just felt so cold and stark. Nagahama really knows how to build an atmosphere.

What a shitty post.

>It's uncanny as fuck, super unsettling and bizarre. It fits the series.
That might be a good argument if half the time I didn't feel like laughing rather than shivering. Also, again, .
> You CANNOT adapt manga with oustanding visuals
Aku no Hana does not have outstanding visuals, it has pretty solid visuals that could have been adapted just fine. Not that your claim, even if true, would naturally lead to the anime's artstyle.

> Look at Tsugumomo, amazing art, anime looks like some 2004 KEY shit. Actually, worse than that.
The Tsugumomo anime isn't even out yet, but the PV quality looks pretty fine - certainly not as good as the later manga art (no shit, it's animated), but certainly nothing like Air.

> it has by far the best OST of any anime
I guess this is up to taste, but I suspect you haven't watched enough. The OST was very good, but I can't imagine calling it the best, let alone "by far."

>but the PV quality looks pretty fine

instantly discredited anything you had said so far, you fucking retard

>but I suspect you haven't watched enough
>projecting

I am autistic as fuck and literally watch every show every season, and have done so for 10+ years

I would definitely include what you said in what I was saying. I guess calling the OST good didn't really cover what I meant.

I definitely meant that the auditory atmosphere was built enormous well. Many of the OST tracks are just very atmospheric and ambient, which served the series well.

The long walk scene is one of my favorites.

Agreed. I'm thankful they were bold enough to even put that scene in there.