Is Soul Eater actually good? Or is it just overrated?

Is Soul Eater actually good? Or is it just overrated?

Good style and atmosphere

Shit story and pacing.

The ending was pretty shit, but then agains so was the manga ending. At least the soundtrack was great.

I'd say it's decent. Definitely one of the better recent shonens.

>recent
user...

Anime is shit, manga is meh

It's basically Naruto part 1 with better presentation/characters and it doesn't take itself so seriously.

Recent in the relative sense. Aka not a classic shonen.

Reddit:The Anime

It's more of a Shaman King ripoff than a Naruto one

yes

Why does she sit like that?

It was fun, it's a shonen with decent action, good style and weak characters.

I liked it, the OP is also good

Great music.
The manga opens into some awesome characters.
Decent story.
The delivery and ending is not particularly good.
The manga was alright, but ending still bad. The delivery and progression of manga felt a lot better.

6/10 Slightly above average.

I liked it. Maka is love and life.

It does have one of the best shounen villains.

It would have been great if it was just a normal 2cour show instead of a billion episodes of filler shit

The ending is complete and utter trash, but worth a watch/read if you are looking for something to kill time. Wouldn't make it a priority by any means.

I dropped it after 15 episodes, it looked so cool at first but ended up being incredibly lame and boring. Every fight was full of the usual "characters fight for a few seconds then talk about fighting for a few minutes" shounenshit, and the all the attempts at humor (excluding Excalibur) were really cringeworthy.

the manga is better

Anime is good up until it diverges from the manga.

Manga is good up until the end of the Arachnophobia arc.

Sup Forums shit on this pretty often so I wouldn't say it's overrated

Reading/watching Blue Exorcist is probably more rewarding at this point.

It's entertaining and looks nice.
Even if the ending is somewhat lackluster, at least it's coherent.

The art direction is fairly unique and appealing, the plot is pretty unimpressive and forgettable overall; it's one of those shows where the PLOT episodes are a drag and the sol comedic interaction ones are fun and it all looks pretty cool.

Just don't think too hard about it, or watch it while you're pretty drunk and you'll be reasonably entertained.

the first episode is amazing but the rest of the series is shit.

blackstar is one of the worst characters in history and he absolutely ruins the fun of the show with his obnoxious bullshit.

I dont even consider it overrated because it's just not good at all

Black Star is considerably better in the manga because he actually gets his character development arc.

Manga's final arc is still kind of a letdown though.

that doesn't make his character any less shit. If he didn't exist at all, the story would be considerably better

BOOBIE

MADNESS