Yuri!! on Ice's 1st-week sales raises from 35,589 to 50,878

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/oricon-raises-yuri-on-ice-1st-week-sales-figures-from-35589-to-50878/.110718

What went wrong?

It was the perfect balance of the kind of anime that appeals to both normies and fujos.

Rather what went right

Money controls the medium

>normies
Ah, yeah, you're part of normie

Absolutely nothing. The Fujos won and it's only justice.

I wouldn't mind this if the show wasn't shit.

Give me a good homo anime any day.

Everything went just right.

>degenerate woman winning
>justice

God how delicious are your tears.

It is a well known fact that poorly drawn 600x600 jpeg collages are valued more than BD sales, just ask Flip Floppers

Anime has become a mainstream form of media now. SJW faggots hear about an entry level show being a yaoi goldmine and flock to it. Fujos take over.

Pretty sure they aren't the ones buying BDs.

Give me an example of a good homo anime.

ITT: mad

Love won.

>Still blaming it on women even though the majority of Sup Forums clearly liked it too
Really? Just accept it, fujos have won.

I said this time and time again, west fears can't hit japan
YoI sold well because fujos have money, and money from the west doesn't matter unless you personally fund the company.
you fears are ill funded, anime is niche and will remain so until machine translation is perfected
Sup Forums doesn't buy BDs, japanese woman do
therefore they are to blame, what i can blame is /y/ forum slidding that isn't contained well because mods simply don't give a shit.

Several Sup Forums polls about best anime of the year and season don't even have YoI in the top 3. The average IP count for YoI threads was around the same as FliFla or Hibikek2, 120~. A good chunk of Sup Forums liked it but it was far from the majority.

Do you really there are 50k Japanese SJW?

Why are people so upset/angry? Let the fujos have it. They get shit anime 98% of the time that's just bait and I doubt things will change much after this.

My fucking sides!This is just glorious.

>good homo anime

Doesn't exist, you faggot.

That's were you are mistaken sunny jim, with this sucess more companies will want to tap into the fujo meme money well, if there's demand, they have to deliver the goods.

Thereare much more. They are everywhere at two my work place, and they are all 30+ working women, married and with kids. You can be sure their kids are going to love anime, and of course yaoi if they are girls too.

Fuck I'm scared.
I think anime will pander to fujos only now.

Insecure manchildren ITT.

Nothing.

BikeFairy shopping spree episode in S2 please, Kubo. Make it happen, turn it around.

Don't buy into fearmongering of pseudo polfags, love live is the bulwark against the fujo horde.
Now this kind of post is the one you should fear, it shows clearly that Sup Forums has been breched by people that shouldn't be here in the first place, fear the new posters that don't respect the culture of the board.

>good homo animes
lol XD

Seriously. It'd be kind of cute how seriously they take this whole thing if it wasn't pathetic.

>love live is a bulwark against fujos
Love Live's audience is half women retard. Fate and Monogatari are the only heavy male mega hits in the past few years.

>muh baord culture!!!

I'm still waiting. Cause I need to watch it.

>board culture

It doesn't matter, love live keeps woman only on the big screen, that's the point.
Insulting me won't get you nowhere.

There's been demand for more fujoshit for years, but companies didn't care. FREE! sold well, and we didn't see an influx of BL in anime during or after that time.

No normies is going to buy this.

It's all on fujo and maybe gay men.

I think women like Fate too.

Of course we did, look at the charts brother, there has been at least 4 fujos shows every season after FREE.

>Fate and Monogatari are the only heavy male mega hits in the past few years.
That's fine though since Fate will blow YOL out of the water with all their new adaptations.

Did you miss when we had two seasons in a row with 10+ fujo shows?

>not a LN adaptation
>not isekai or a battle harem
>not set in a high school
>99% of the cast is adults
>pro sports, not high school or club shit
>passion project fronted by two people who are completely obsessed with the sport in question
>from a studio that's never really seen a big success before

Objectively, you have no reason to be angry that YoI is doing well.

Post the YoI version

How much better do you expect them to do than Fate/Zero 2?

>there has been at least 4 fujos shows every season after FREE.
But have they been successful as FREE! or YoL? Like I said 98% of fujo anime is garbage, but every once in a while something "good" comes along aka FREE!/YoL and the fujos spend all their money on those series because its like a goldmine to them.

>What is UtaPri?
>What is Osomatsu?

>YOL

I hate faggots. That's reason enough.

Dont know if you noticed but theres a 30k fujo hit every year now.

Rank the following anime from most gay to least gay:

Evangelion, Utena, Aoi Hana, Doukyuusei, Yuri Kuma Arashi, Rakugo, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Flip Flappers, Yuri on Ice, Madoka, Shinsekai Yori

UtaPri is otome and Osomatsu ios a normalfag shit all the way from the cold war era
You freaking retard

I know fujos love Osomatsu, but it doesn't count. You got me with UtaPri, but that's it. So really only one successful fujo anime.

This right here is the problem, this pervasive subversion is the real enemy that everyone should take up arms against it.
It doesn't matter if they are successful as free or not, what matters is that they are being MADE, by better studios, with better budget, of course not every fujo show will get ironman numbers, but they are being made more and more, don't you know how executives work?

UtaPri hasn't been otome since S1 when they started ignoring main girl and focusing on random boy bands.

>Shinsekai Yori
It was one (or was it two) episodes out of 20+

>>>/goobergayhq/

You said the same thing when Free did good and so far nothing's changed.

Yuri on ice is the worst piece of garbage I've seen in all my life, I don't care if it sold well. No straight man can enjoy this travesty, only homosexuals and filthy woman can.

That's because the girl is a self-insert. You don't need to focus on the MC when the MC is the viewer itself

>THE ENEMY

Holy fucking shit why are alt right faggots like you so obsessed with turning everything into a war? Do you know how chuuni you sound?

Haikyuu?

Did you know Utapri is more than just an anime?

>THE VERY NEXT DAY they made a mistake

Every time

No you don't understand. They focus on bands she doesn't interact with. They went full fujo. Watch the show if you don't believe me. Otome were pissed.

Did you know that fujo and otome shows have overlapping fanbases?

So is Love Live.

people like you are the reason the board went down, enablers of outside culture that make Sup Forums's quality go down in the daily

>making fun of other shows selling badly
How much of a piece of shit can one person be?

>100% tracing
kys

It's a WSJ manga, but yes it's very popular with the fujos.

kek keep crying then

>being this insecure
It's okay, user, it's 2016+1, you don't have to be afraid of your homosexuality.

Why do people get so angry over something so innocent?

Shounen Jumps polls indicated a 70% female audience for the manga too. Its fujo.

It's especially ironic when people celebrate YOI for canon gay and then turn around and shit on Flip Flappers.

We;ll see who starts crying soon, you fairy.

Not fujo, just a typical Jump sports series.

>Its fujo.
The manga doesn't have any BL in it though.

Is this for or against YoI? Because Vol.1 might end up selling 65k+ and doesn't seem like it'll have big drops like Sunshine.

It doesn't matter if the gay is canon. It has a bunch of pretty boys so it rakes in otomebux. It was the same for Kuroko no Basuke.

All I said was that I disliked the fact that the show sold so much and I'd happily watch an actually decent show that has homosexual individuals.

There are already a few good homo characters/relationships in anime, what's wrong with another show more focused on it?

This guy already gave a couple decent examples of anime that deal with homo stuff. Ironically, I felt Cardcaptor Sakura touched on it in the most mature way, with Utena being close behind it.

YOI faggots wanted to see it breaking LL that tore through 50K
You can guess the rest

Nah, if Shonen Jump cared about fujo, they wouldn't have rushed Bleach and also told Hitman Reborn to hurry up and finish.

They also wouldn't have cancelled the Bleach and Reborn anime even though both series had fujo support.

It should probably be noted that this did much better than Free. It doubled Free vol1. If it gets heavy 50% non ticket drops (there is no indication of this unlike oso or haikyuu, but it could), it'll still average similar to SAO.

Newtype Feb.

I dropped this after the second episode since I honestly didn't care for it at all, but I'd rather see this dominate the charts than some cliche ecchi harem.

Sunshine is dropping like a rock. Sure its first volume sold more but on average YoI might beat it.

Kubo barely could finish bleach, motherfucker was dying

>they wouldn't have rushed Bleach
Enough with this meme. The last arc went on for almost five years. Kubo was the one to fuck it up with his bad pacing.

By "normies" they probably mean tumblr

YoI won't drop as much as Love Live because it doesn't have a great event ticket so they could have similar averages if Love Live keeps getting this sub 30k volumes. Still Love Live will almost certainly come out on top.

>on average YoI might beat it.
You are just asking for it, right?

Are professional figure skaters not normies? I've also seen plenty of people who don't watch a ton of anime actually surprisingly get into YoI.

Are there people delusional enough to think the BDs will fix the animation? The damage has been done, if anything the first volume made it worse.