Kokoro Connect

So after watching both Your Name and Sense8, I've realized I really like the body-swapping trope. Since I often feel like I can't relate to and trust others, body-swapping seems like it would be the best way to break down those barriers.

With that in mind, is Kokoro Connect worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/EvntSeCV
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-04/kokoro-connect-staff-issues-statements-on-performer-treatment
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-09/atelier-voice-actors-mitsuhiro-ichiki-nana-inoue-announce-marriage/.85770
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>realized I really like the body-swapping trope
>should i watch a body swapping show?

I wonder

It's alright. The dumb plot about why the body switching is happening drags it down.

Fuck off Moleo

As an answer, Imma just spoil the best moment of the show for you.

>girl is terrified of men after rape attempt
>bodyswaped with dude
>dude (in her body) says "OK, I'm going to teach you how to beat any man in a fight."
>kicks himself in the nads

I like the trope, but I still want it to be used in an interesting way and for the show to have overall good writing. I'm not watching the crappy Freaky Friday remake for instance. So is the show still good?

only the first arc deals with body-swapping but leaving that aside it's pretty good

Who's Moleo?

Sounds kinda funny

Yes, it's good. Personally I would say very good. Not all of the show is bodyswap, but the effects of those events last through the rest of the story instead of being ignored and forgotten in favor of the next gimmick like certain shows I'll decline to mention.

Just watch it, dude. or don't, who gives a fuck. Stop treating it like a major life decision

Best girl voiced by Sawashiro. No way in hell you ain't watching it.

Oh I'll probably watch it. I just always like to hear Sup Forums's opinion before I start a show.

Could have been a well received anime if it wasnt for the scandal. None of the seiyu involved had any repercussions to speak of except the victim.

>Watching homosexual propaganda

?

First arc is good, next-ep-preview-into-ED transtition for the first arc is hype, and there's a nice shocker in store.

The other arcs are pretty meh, except for the She knows, she knpws! and I actually kissed him! WTF scenes by Best girl Dereban

It's 6-7/10, depending on how you enjoy it. Art's good for a Kyo-Ani clone wannabe.

Just watch it yourself faggot.

Wat

definitely.

Inaban is absolute toptier, rest is ok, plot is lower middle.
Be aware that body swapping only happens in the first third

What even happened to that guy? Did he kill himself?

One of the few instances where the objective best girl actually won. I love her raspy deep voice.

The fuck happened?

pastebin.com/EvntSeCV

Basically they pranked a guy into thinking he got to voice a character in the series, but instead they made fun of him and gave him some promotional work instead.

...Jesus Christ, what fucking horrible people. This almost makes me not want to watch the series...

It doesn't even look like they really apologized. They think that they're the fucking victims.

>The official statement, signed by "The Entire Staff of Kokoro Connect," which apologizes for "insufficient consideration regarding performers" leading to "widespread discomfort and misunderstanding."

>The Kokoro Connect staff's statement goes on, asserting that there was a plan to have Ichiki travel across Japan over the three months of the anime's broadcast. However, the staff asserted that due to "selective alterations" of comments made in events and radio programs related to this campaign, comments "differing from their original intention" were posted to the Internet, causing widespread misunderstanding and confusion, for which the staff apologized.

>The statement ended by promising that the entire staff of the series will seriously reflect on the incident in their future work on the program. The staff added that they are investigating the possibility of taking measures against "illegal acts" made in regards to the unauthorized usage, alteration, and uploading of sounds and images related to the series, as well as the leakage of personal information and "human rights violations" of individuals involved in the series.

Ichiki is also too good of a person

>Mitsuhiro Ichiki wrote a post on his official blog regarding the incident. He began by apologizing for the worry caused by the incident, as well as the damage that has occurred as a result of it.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-04/kokoro-connect-staff-issues-statements-on-performer-treatment

>What even happened to that guy? Did he kill himself?
He seems to be doing alright thankfully. He got married and is finding work.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-09/atelier-voice-actors-mitsuhiro-ichiki-nana-inoue-announce-marriage/.85770